Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Literally Nothing Bad Can Happen When Eating a Cake Pop
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 15:53:29 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]With time, love, and care, the ghosts of Isaac's present settled down into his ever deepening closet full of skeletons. They were still there, but they couldn't hurt him now. Skeletons couldn't go through walls, after all. That would've just been silly.[break][break]

The recesses scarred into his mind were still there, of course. However, Isaac refused to let them break him. Instead, resolve filled the gaps that fear had left behind. He wouldn't let himself end up in a situation like that again. He'd get stronger. He'd be better able to protect those dear to him, and to those who wished them harm . . . [break][break]

Well, he'd turn that page when he needed to. Best not to worry about it now.[break][break]

Still! The birth of a new and improved Isaac was imminent. Or, at least, semi-imminent. Maybe his dramatic rebirth and evolution could wait until after bogo day at Sawsbucks. Could you really blame a guy for wanting to ease his brand new trauma with vanilla syrup and a little too much caramel? The cheap-as-free cake pop was just the icing on the cake. Pop.[break][break]

He nursed his drink as he hopped from the right side of the tracks to the wrong side. Was it the most scenic route? No. But frankly, Slateport had more than enough bad neighborhoods. Trying to avoid them all was a surefire way to stretch a trip out for several hours longer than planned. Besides, he knew a shortcut. Just a quick turn down this alley and he'd be well along his way!

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST! /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 17:43:08 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Just because Zev was a seasoned killer and professional hitman didn't mean he never had bad days. Occasionally, a target did something unpredictable, or some external factor forced a change in his plans. On that day, his mark — a former supporter of Silas Blackwell, one who had gone to great lengths to hide himself for many years — had momentarily bested Zev. A knife fight had almost turned fatal. Zev had managed to dodge quickly enough, avoiding the blade aimed for his lungs. Still, the jagged slash along his ribs, while not very deep, burned like fire and stained his white dress shirt in a wash of fresh blood.

Damn. What a waste of a good shirt.

Zev's prey had escaped down a rickety fire escape, but Zev shot the fleeing man in the calf before he could run out of sight. An injured leg was a nightmare to drag for any distance, and it bled a lot, ensuring that Zev would be able to trail his limping target with ease, even though he himself was injured. He brought out his Lycanroc for help. Luna sniffed at the blood trail and walked ahead of her master, slowly enough that he could keep up.

But damn, the wound hurt. Zev momentarily leaned against the wall of an alley to catch his breath. He needed to stop the blood flow and bandage it before he could continue. Any strenuous movements, like another fight, would cause the wound to worsen if he didn't address it first.

As the man shrugged out of his suit jacket, movement down the alley caught his eye. Luna saw it, too; her ears perked up and her tail stood as she stared down the intruder. But then Zev saw a familiar flash of blonde hair and recognized the other person's gait from the first time they'd met.

Isaac.

Of all people, Zev thought with a mental sigh. But outwardly, he only grimaced at the pain in his side. He looked like a mess in his tailored black suit and bloody shirt, one hand holding his jacket and the other pressed against his wound.

NOTES
+ Mission: The Purge
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 19:04:45 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh. That was the wrong time to take a bite of his cake pop.[break][break]

Isaac let out a strangled gasp, part from the shock and part from the stick nearly slipping down his throat. His very own sleep paralysis demon had showed up, and boy oh boy. He looked like shit. His usual professional demeanor had a haggard edge to it. His hand was clutching one freshly bleeding wound. His impeccably styled clothes were torn, tattered, and stained in unmentionable ways.[break][break]

If you found the devil in the middle of the road, and he was bleeding like a stuck pig, what would you do?[break][break]

Isaac blinked. When his eyes creaked open, he was looking down at himself. Shell shocked. Bleeding from a fresh wound. Stumbling through town with no direction, plan, or hope. He looked down at his hand, a hand too callused and worn to be his own. The gun was in his hand. He could already hear the click of the bullet. All he had to do was-[break][break]

Blink. It wasn't a gun. It was a cup of sugars and syrups that once could've been called coffee. His hand was his own again. And it wasn't him that needed help this time. It was his violent savior.[break][break]

He threw the coffee cup aside, fumbling with his bag. In his left hand he pulled out a simple first aid kit. In his right hand he took a Pokeball, releasing a small, serious looking Amoonguss in front of Zev. With those out, he started to fumble a sleeping bag out of his pack, as if trying to set up a makeshift gurney. "Stay still," Isaac said, swallowing down the quiver in his voice to try and sound commanding. He was a lot less in control of the situation than Zev was, but god damnit, he had to try. "And show me where it hurts. Lie down, if you need to. Okay?"

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST! /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 21:22:23 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Isaac's sincere effort to help Zev almost caused the older man to laugh, though it came out as a grunt of pain. Still, Zev could not help but smirk, an expression that likely did not convey his amusement as accurately as he intended.

"I don't need to lie down," he said through gritted teeth. He almost told Isaac to put his things away, but he paused upon seeing the first aid kit. Bandages. Perhaps even a suture kit. Zev had been prepared to rip his own shirt into rags for makeshift bandages, but clean, real ones would be best.

Zev dropped his suit jacket onto a nearby ledge and sat down next to it. Swiftly, despite the pain and the bleeding, he unbuttoned his dress shirt to reveal a well-muscled torso with fresh bruises from his earlier struggle and many, many scars. The slash along his right ribcage glared, red and raw, against his pale skin.

"Knife wound," Zev explained dispassionately, holding back the right half of his shirt so Isaac could see more easily. "Not deep, maybe half an inch at its deepest. I need stitches if you have needle and thread, but cauterizing it is faster. Got a fire Pokémon?"

If not, Zev had Infernape's Pokéball with him.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 22:16:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was amazing how having access to the right tool at the right time made it easier to talk people out of their macho nonsense.[break][break]

Isaac bit down on his cheek as the wound came out. Okay, yeah, that didn't look great. But it also could've been worse. Frankly, after seeing what the Mightyena had done to his ankle, it was hard for Isaac to be too rattled by a little bit of blood. "Right. Not that deep," he repeated. For a wound that needed stitches, it could've been way worse. "Alright, just brace yourself. This is going to sting for a bit. Not, uh. That you're not used to pain, or anything like that."[break][break]

First it was time for cleaning the wound. Isaac fished back around in his backpack, grabbing a bottle of water and a clean rag for drying it off. Disinfectant didn't matter as much, since the wound was going to get some hardcore heat treatment, but he wanted to at least ensure the wound was cleaned up and ready to heal first. He made sure not to overstay his welcome here, but giving the wound the attention it deserved was important.[break][break]

Next came the heat. Isaac tossed another Pokeball to the ground, a Numel appearing in front of him. "You're in luck. I always take this little gourmet with me when I'm going food shopping," Isaac said. "Kilimanjaro, turn it all the way up to Well Done!" The Numel obliged, a Lava Plume bubbling at the corners of its hump. Isaac fumbled around in his bag for something, anything else to work with . . . a butterknife? Fuck it. It was metal, it was clean, it had no sharp edges, the heat would sterilize it anyway. It'd work.[break][break]

Once Isaac got the knife heated properly, he began bringing the heated knife up the length of Zev's scar. Oh, god. The sizzle, the smell. The least Isaac could do was make it as quick and painless as possible. As soon as the wound was sealed, he took the knife away, counting his blessings that he was on the giving end instead of the receiving end this time.[break][break]

Finally, a little medical addition of his own. Isaac picked Adrenaline up, the serious looking mushroom quivering her cap before showering Zev's wound in spores. The Pollen Puff may have seemed like an odd touch at first, but the pain of the wound and cauterization alike would start to ebb away with surprising speed. Not only was it a natural form of pain relief, but it was also beginning to heal the burned flesh itself, red, irritated areas settling down to a pale white instead. If any areas were still irritated, Adrenaline would fire puff after puff to further ease the pain.[break][break]

"Good job, you two," Isaac said once everything was to his liking, giving his team a grateful smile. "How's that feel? You hanging in there?"

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]488 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 23:13:43 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Zev had to admit, Isaac knew how to field dress a wound. While the blonde man gave instructions to his Numel and dug through his things, Zev pulled off one of his leather gloves and held it in his hand, waiting. His Lycanroc, Luna, licked the back of his hand as if to reassure him he would be fine. He ignored her. Normally, he would pat her head or scratch her behind the ear, but not when he was mentally psyching himself up to endure the pain of cauterization.

When Isaac approached with the heated butterknife, Zev stuffed the glove into his mouth and bit down hard.

The agony was indescribable. Nerves electrified. Flesh cooked. Stars burst in his vision. Zev roared into the glove, which thankfully muffled the sound of his scream. He could barely keep his arm up as he held back his shirt; his other hand gripped his own knee in a vice, his knuckles white. His entire body trembled as he focused every ounce of willpower on keeping it together.

The smell would linger in his nose for days.

At last, it was over. When Isaac's Amoonguss puffed some spores onto the sealed wound, Zev did not protest. In fact, as the spores took effect and the pain began to fade, Zev allowed himself to relax. Reaching up wearily, he yanked the glove out of his mouth.

"Thanks," he said to Isaac, his voice low and rough. With some effort, he buttoned his shirt back up, leaving the top button undone and his tie loose. Easier to breathe that way. Then Zev stood and put his glove and suit jacket back on.

He cast a critical look at Isaac, then turned down the alley to follow the trail of his prey. Without a backward glance over his shoulder, he ordered, "Come with me."

NOTES
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 1:18:39 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Okay. Isaac thought he had mentally prepared himself for cauterization. After all, Zev was a professional! He was used to taking pain! This was maybe, like, in the bottom 50% of pains the man had been through! If Zev was okay, he was going to be okay, and that meant everything was going to be okay.[break][break]

Then Zev screamed into the fabric of his leather glove like his life depended on it, and Isaac mentally added another checkmark to his nightmare tally. The muffled screams and smell of searing flesh called to mind some sort of human slaughterhouse. "There's no chance in hell this was the easiest way of doing this," Isaac said, equal parts horrified and disbelieving. "Was this really a better option than stitches?"[break][break]

Despite this, Zev rose to his feet like some sort of revenant. Fuck it. At this point, Isaac wasn't going to question it. It would take a bullet hole right through Zev's head to put his chances of survival in actual jeopardy. "Okay. You're okay, now," Isaac repeated, more for the sake of his emotional processing than Zev's. "Good. Good on you, buddy." Hell, Zev even thanked him! Isaac didn't even know that was in his vocabulary. Wonders never ceased.[break][break]

With that, the man walked away. Isaac could return to his . . . choked down cake pop and thrown away coffee. Okay, so he didn't really have much to return to. But he could walk away, at least. That was more than most people who encountered Zev could say. Maybe he should count his blessings while he still could-[break][break]

Nope. Nope. Not in the slightest. Zev called for Isaac over his shoulder, without even doing him the courtesy of looking his way. Welp. This was happening now.[break][break]

Worse, Isaac was actually following. He fished his mask and jacket out of his backpack, slapping them on so he could at least be properly guised before embarking on this impromptu mission. "We're doing this," he restated, just for posterity's sake. "We're really doing this. This is a thing that's happening now."[break][break]

"Alright. What are we doing?"

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]351 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 12:40:25 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
"I have a contract to kill a Blackwell supporter who had gone underground for the past few years," Zev explained matter-of-factly, in the style of a mission briefing. Luna padded down the alley ahead of them, her nose to the ground, sniffing ceaselessly.

"I've injured him enough that he will want to rest and bandage his wound, same as I did. So we just have to follow his trail, corner him with a two-pronged attack, and eliminate him."

They rounded the corner and found themselves in an abandoned shopping district. Boarded up windows and tattered, fraying signs decorated the storefronts. A trail of fresh blood led down one side of the street. Zev's Lycanroc sniffed at the nearest splashes, gave a quiet bark of confirmation, then pointed her nose in the direction of one of the shops.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 13:52:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Surprise, surprise. Zev was going out killing again. In other news, water was wet.[break][break]

Isaac wasn't naive. People died on Rocket business. All one had to do was hit him with Dream Eater to see that first hand. Speaking of, mental note, get his hands on a Pokemon with Dream Eater. Did his train of thought seriously not reach that station until it was hand delivered his way in sass form? Oh well. Regardless, it was a fact of life. And so long as he didn't have a direct hand in it himself, he wasn't about to turn into a fainting goat just because someone said 'kill'.[break][break]

Sure, with Zev field recruiting him like this, he was going to have an indirect hand in it. But . . . okay, no, he'd cross that bridge when he came to it. Thinking about this was getting his head fuzzy, like static crunching into every fold of his brain. He shook his head, forcing the visions away before they even started.[break][break]

It seemed the duo would be splitting up for a joint stealth mission. Be quiet, track the culprit down, and . . . for lack of a better term, handle things. Before they parted, Isaac looked to Kilimanjaro. "Hey," he said to the Numel, voice soft and patient. "Could you give Zev a sniff real quick? Then look for a guy who smells the same, but different. Like you're picking out different mixes of a spice blend." Nodding, the Numel obliged, trundling up to Zev.[break][break]

Zev's blood. Other blood. Two similar scents, differentiated by freshness, location, and terroir. There was a similar scent wafting away from the scene, the same ingredients in the opposite style. Bingo. Soon, Kilimanjaro was taking off with surprising speed, following his nose to the abandoned butcher shop. Lots of blood here. But only two sources of human, and one was right next to them.[break][break]

Now came part two, stealth. "If it's boarded up and abandoned, there won't be much light," Isaac pointed out. With that in mind, he chose three more of his teammates, the steely trio of Kurze, Dhelmise, and Kiryu appearing before him. "Dhelmise, find whatever exit he pried open and lurk there in the shadows. If keeping up your Phantom Force is too tiring, pretend to be driftwood and scrap metal until you hear footsteps. You're our insurance policy." With that, the Dhelmise bobbed ominously for a few moments, then faded into the shadow. As it tended to.[break][break]

That left the two true steel types. "Kurze, you've got the best night vision of us. You're our lookout, okay? And Kiryu? You know what to do." Isaac slid onto one of Kiryu's shoulders. Kurze hopped onto the other. She lifted Kilimanjaro up, as if using him as a metal detector. And then she hovered into the air, floating back and forth without making a sound. If the lights were dead, it didn't matter how absurd this stack looked. They were just a great, big thing that didn't go bump in the night.[break][break]

"Now to find an entrance . . . hell, we can even make one if we have to. Ain't like anyone's using this chop shop."

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 14:13:23 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Zev was about to give instructions to Isaac when the boy released a bunch of his Pokémon and gave them rapid orders. Everything sounded sensible until Isaac climbed onto the massive Aggron's shoulders and then it started levitating.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Zev demanded in a hushed tone, but the ridiculous troupe was already hovering toward the indicated butcher shop with, apparently, full intention to knock down the front wall.

Sighing with aggravation, Zev headed for a narrow alley along the side of the shop, though considerably slower than he'd like to move even though the pain of his wound had numbed. Truth be told, he was exhausted, all the adrenaline in his system being expended just to keep him on his feet. Once the job was over, he would have to crash — hard.

But that was a concern for later. Zev reached the side of the butcher shop. One of the windows along that wall was not boarded up; in fact, there was a jagged hole in the glass, as if someone had thrown a rock through it. Gingerly, he reached through the opening and tugged on the latch that should open the whole window.

Should. It was, unfortunately, stuck.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 15:36:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Flying an Aggron," Isaac said, as if it was the most natural thing in the world. "It should be real dark in there, right? That means volume matters more than vision for keeping a low profile. And if we're floating like this, our guy's not even gonna hear a single footstep."[break][break]

As they reached the wall, they did not careen into it like the lead balloon that Zev had foreseen. Instead, they were inspecting the foundation surprisingly gingerly. As a stray himself, Kurze seemed to be taking point on evaluating the building for weaknesses. He felt along the surface of the building for imperfections, occasionally shaking his head or nodding in approval. They were closer . . . closer . . . there![break][break]

Kurze was now looking at a section of wall that didn't quite match the others. The paint was hastily slapped on, a little darker than the faded colors surrounding it. Immediately, he perked up, running a blade along the slapdash surface. A few runs across and his blade sank into a little gap. Ha! It wasn't wall at all! Just more boards, hastily painted over to make it look intentional. Either there was a window they'd wanted to get rid of, or the cheapskates running the place couldn't afford a proper masonry job on wall damages.[break][break]

Whatever the reason, it was time to get to work. Kiryu used a pair of her metallic xlaws like the claw grip of a hammer, prying old, rusted nails out from the disguised boards. Isaac and Kurze were quick to take each as there were dislodged, stacking them on the floor in a pile of lumber, paint chips, and shame. It wasn't the quickest work, but it was far more subtle than a walking tower of knives and a rhino-dino plated in armor seemed capable of.[break][break]

When the gap was widened just enough to fit her, Kiryu squeezed through it. She helped Kurze through, then Isaac, and finally Kilimanjaro. The tower of power had been rebuilt! There was only a question of the big hole they'd poked into the side of the building, but Isaac had a plan for that. If Dhelmise would be guarding one makeshift exit, Adrenaline could guard the other. Who would even think to check for miniature mushrooms blocking their way?[break][break]

With the plan set,Isaac and his team began drifting into the darkness like some sort of ghostly Voltron. Next step, follow Kilimanjaro's nose!

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 15:58:12 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
By the time Isaac and his team of Pokémon had slipped into the butcher shop on their side of the building, Zev had pried apart the entire window frame using the pocket crowbar he always carried. He had paused momentarily to peek around the building's corner and check on what Isaac was doing, surprised to find the younger man and his Pokémon taking apart some boards in a similar manner, with relative silence too.

Not bad, Isaac, Zev thought, returning to the window to finish his own task.

Before long, he'd taken it completely apart — mesh, frame, and panes. Luna immediately jumped through the large, rectangular opening. Zev followed. Both landed quietly on the other side. Using her nose, the Lycanroc started ahead of her master while he waited, crouched, beneath the window until his eyes could adjust to the low light inside the shop.

After a while, Zev could pick out distinct features. He was in the front part of the shop. To his right was a display counter, empty and covered with a thick layer of dust. Behind it was likely a bunch of shelves and drawers, perhaps some abandoned tools he could use in a pinch. To his left was… well, the Aggron and the smaller figures she was carrying at the far side of the room.

Slowly, Zev stood up. At a higher angle, he could see a doorway behind the display counter that led to the back part of the shop where the butchering had likely taken place. Luna stood in front of it in a rigid hunting stance, her ears pricked, her tail raised. At her feet was a large puddle of fresh blood.

The target was just beyond that doorway.

Zev tensed as a new rush of adrenaline flooded him, sharpening his senses and temporarily dampening his fatigue.

He drew his gun, caught Isaac's attention with a gesture of his free hand, and pointed to the door. Then he put a finger to his lips. Quiet now.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 16:55:28 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Doorway. Go in. Enemy there. Quiet. Isaac nodded as he took the information in, bit by bit. The place reeked of blood, stale and fresh alike. It was coated in so much dust that Isaac was unsure how long it had been boarded up like this for. He got the feeling that, even in the light, this was one butt ugly building.[break][break]

That just left one key question. What next? Their foe was through the door, so this could have gone one of two ways. Either he thinks Zev's off his tail, is surprised, and can probably subjugated fairly easily in his current state. Alternatively, he caught wind of their approach and had an ambush set up, ready to go down swinging. Isaac liked to think he and Zev had done a good job on their approach, but he'd already paid the price for cockiness a few times now.[break][break]

But, how to approach? And who? The answer, unfortunately to Isaac, seemed obvious. Only one of them was unharmed. Only one of them had a ranged weapon to offer fire support with. Only one of them was literally flying in on a tank-grade pile of armor. No big deal. It'd be fine! Just a grunt who could barely stomach the taste of blood going mano e mano with a member of Rocket's even crueler big brother. No pressure here![break][break]

He kept a brave face as he communicated his thoughts best he could, rapping the air above Kiryu's shoulder with a knuckle and running a hand across his own abdomen in a scar like pattern. Kiryu strong. Zev hurt. He had this. Cautiously, he guided Kiryu in front of the door. As he waited, he shot one last glance Zev's way. It was time for a final game of charades. Turn his hand like a knob, or punch straight on through?[break][break]

Whichever option Zev gave his nod of approval to would be the direction Isaac would take. But one way or another, that door was getting opened.

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[/quote]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 17:58:03 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Luna retreated from the doorway as the Aggron floated into the space in front of it. The Lycanroc had completed her task perfectly, which earned her a quick head pat before Zev recalled her back into her Pokéball. He then turned back to Isaac, who made two quick hand signals at him and gave him a quizzical look.

Zev mimicked the motion of opening the doorknob. They would go in quietly. If the former Blackwell Rocket had prepared an ambush, it was better to exercise caution than to go in blindly. Isaac on the Aggron could see better than Zev on the ground, so it would be smarter for Zev to flank around their target's side while Isaac and his Pokémon distracted him from the front.

Easier said than done when talking wasn't an option.

Still, Zev positioned himself behind the Aggron and nodded to Isaac when he was ready.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 19:07:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]With the tracking done, Kilimanjaro's talents weren't really needed anymore. Kiryu gently set the camel down on the ground, repeating Zev's "ssssh" gesture before pointing to the two exits. Adrenaline would be lurking by one. Dhelmise would be hiding under the other. It seemed that the camel's next, and final, task would be the wrangle up the stragglers.[break][break]

With that, there were no more sideplans. No more distractions. Nothing else standing between Isaac, Zev, and their dance with destiny. Isaac's heart started to pound a little as the moment drew closer. What if Zev got hurt again? What if he got hurt? What if the guy was armed and dangerous? Had backup? Left a Galarian Stunfisk on the floor like some kinda fucked up bear trap? What if he got away? What if he didn't?[break][break]

What if, despite everything, he wasn't strong enough?[break][break]

Isaac nestled into Kiryu's back a little. She'd been with him since before the beginning, longer than anyone else on his team. Longer than even Watson. Her shell may have been cold and hard, but it was also comforting. So, too, was the rock arm she slung around him, as if to shelter him from whatever would come next.[break][break]

Gingerly, she took the doorknob between her two claws and gave it a quiet turn.

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]