Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
The Art of Faking It [M]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 18:15:25 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Zev Harcourt did not often walk through Slateport City's Upper District, with its more expensive neighborhoods of law-abiding citizens, government buildings, public institutions like the Oceanic Museum, and chain stores all huddled together in the posh Slateport Mall. On the contrary, Zev felt more at home — and more easily able to blend in — with the raucous, lively streets of the Lower District and its infamous night market. But on occasion, he had reason to travel from one to the other, often for business, and sometimes for pleasure.

He was certain the reason that day was business, but he was also certain that the person he was visiting would interpret it as a little pleasure, too.

That time, though, Zev was not alone. Tagging along behind him was , the blonde boy he had saved a while ago. The Rocket grunt had recently also helped Zev out on a particularly troublesome job, an outcome that had been unexpected but not unwelcome. Isaac was like raw, unpolished metal, full of potential but unwieldly without a guiding hand. Under certain forces, he could transform into something lethal.

So when certain leadership within Team Rocket suggested that Zev help Isaac out on the latter's mission prep, the hitman agreed. While heists were not his forte (despite his skill at getting into and out of buildings with stealth and speed), Zev knew just the person who could assist in Isaac's plan: a master forger.

That is how the two found themselves along one of the more fashionable streets of Slateport's Upper District, walking past boutique clothing stores, designer jewelry shops, and expensive cafés until they reached their destination: a two-story building with a small courtyard in front, the four sides of the property separated from its surroundings by a tall fence of white stone.

Zev knew the location well. The bottom floor was host to an art gallery, exhibiting paintings he could neither comprehend nor bring himself to care about. And the second floor was an apartment. Her apartment. The building as a whole boasted an asymmetrical, modern design. Between the men and the front entrance stretched a white stone walkway that led to a short flight of steps and a circular threshold.

"Keep your wits about you," Zev instructed Isaac as they paused before the front door. "Seraphine's a sly one, but don't let her intimidate you."

Then he stepped inside, passing from the busy street into a cool, open, well-lit space.

NOTES
+ Mission: A Diamond in the Rough
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Sera
She/Her
November 18
Laverre City, Kalos
Pansexual
Fine Artist
Grunt [ Forger ]
Beauty is power; a smile is its sword.
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seraphine
Seraphine D’aureville
The Art of Faking It [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 3:39:27 GMT
Seraphine D’aureville Avatar

Seraphine D'aureville was not one to tolerate lateness. The majority of her business was by appointment for a reason: she found waiting around for people to spontaneously visit Galerie Mirage on the days when it was open to the public to be infuriatingly unpredictable. She liked keeping a tight schedule, and she liked to be prepared for who she would be meeting on any given day. Each and every client required their own special treatment: a specific outfit, a specific hair style, a specific pair of shoes, a certain degree of makeup, and of course, specific jewelry. A sale began the moment a customer noticed her visual appearance: a strong impression could go a very, very long way. 

For the man who would be visiting her on this particular day, it had gone all the way to her bedroom. 

But that had been a long time ago, and she didn't exactly savor those memories. Nevertheless, she had picked out Zev's favorite dress - or rather, the style he'd seemed to favor the most on her (or the most off her, to be precise) at the time they were...closer. She had pulled up her long dark hair into an immaculate ponytail that fell down to the small of her back, and she'd added to the look with a lighter touch of natural makeup save for a bold red lip. Zev had mentioned that he'd be bringing an associate along for the appointment - the person who needed her help, apparently - and Seraphine had decided to anticipate this unknown person by adorning her ears and neck with simple gold jewelry. She would soon learn more about this person and what they happened to prefer, but for the time being, she would settle for gold. Everyone noticed gold, no matter who they happened to be. Gold was timeliness.

Gold was the original symbol of wealth. 

"They will be here any moment, Rouge," She called over to her Smeargle, who was stacking a few newly framed paintings on the long table at the far end of the room, with the intention of readying them for hanging. She and her Pokémon were standing in the first floor public gallery space, a wide open room with sophisticated bright white walls and soft modern lighting, featuring all of Seraphine's most recent for-sale artworks (as well a select few by Rouge himself). Comfortable and stylish couches and chairs lined the walls, in either black or white fabric. She had worked hard to create the perfect space for showing off her talents, but once Zev and his companion arrived, they would move into her private studio on the second floor. That was where she conducted her other business, after all. 

She heard the sound of the front door sliding open, and Rouge scurried over to her side. It had been some time since she had last seen Zev; the two were not involved anymore, far from it, but he was always nice to look at and quite fun to tease. 

The other one better be interesting, she thought. Zev ought to know better than to bring me a boring job.

THE ART OF FAKING IT [M][break] +

[googlefont=Source Sans Pro]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
The Art of Faking It [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 4:05:27 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac had to stifle a laugh at Zev's words. It wasn't because he was wrong. Too much of his style relied on being underestimated and throwing people off of their guard for him to ever discount another's slyness. No, it was the fact that a man he literally saw in his nightmares just told him not to let someone intimidate him. "If she does, I'll be sure to look back at you. That way I remember what being intimidated really feels like," he joked.[break][break]

With that out of his system, the focus in his eyes sharpened. "Keep my focus, keep an eye and ear out at all times. Got it."[break][break]

But what could prepare Isaac for what he saw inside? The gallery was, for lack of a better term, immaculate. An endless expanse of stately architecture stretched before Isaac, outlined by lighting that made natural sun pale in comparison. There was a different wonder along every wall and down every hall. One could get lost in here for hours, if not days. Beholding it all, he was reminded of another friend-of-a-friend: would have been proud, even if the two were very different flavors of fairytale opulence.[break][break]

And, much like her, this friend-of-a-friend was another regal looking beauty. If Elisabeth was the scary godmother, this new associate was the queen of the palace he had just entered. Was this Hoenn, or had Zev tranquilized him and flown him out to Kalos? With how fast the consumate professional worked, Isaac wouldn't have been surprised.[break][break]

Regardless, this wasn't bring your child to work day. This was Isaac's mission, with Zev serving merely as a liasion between these two. He had heard this associate of his was a master of forgeries (ironic, truly, considering the masterpieces surrounding her). If she was as good as Zev said, a properly-crafted writ from her would leave the jewelry store he was surveying dumping diamonds in his hands. They just needed to hatch the proper scheme together.[break][break]

He stepped up to the plate, offering the handshake of a gentleman to their oh so gracious hostess. "Ms. D'aureville, I presume?" he asked. "A pleasure to meet you. I've heard much about you from Zev here."[break][break]

A stately hostess deserved a stately greeting. That went doubly so when still in the public eye. Yet no matter how much Isaac aimed to reflect well on both himself and Zev, he knew it would only be a matter of time before the chaos began. After all, it always did in the end.[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / and

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
The Art of Faking It [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 10:06:04 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
For all of Isaac's quips, he knew when and how to be serious. Zev only hoped the kid's personality and earnestness would appease Seraphine's fickle nature. The woman was, in many ways, unpredictable. But if Isaac failed to endear himself to her and get the forgery he needed, it would be no skin off Zev's back.

Maybe.

Zev was familiar enough with the interior of Galerie Mirage that he was not wowed as Isaac was. The paintings were all different, of course, but Zev barely gave them a passing glance as he led his younger associate to the space where Seraphine waited.

She was gorgeous, of course. The past two years had not changed her much. In fact, she looked even more confident in her beauty and how to wield it against others, if that was even possible. Despite this, Zev did not smile at her when their eyes met. Whatever interest he had in Seraphine had long since died, and he had no reason to look at her with anything but the cold indifference that came naturally to him.

"Sera," he said to her in greeting. Then he tilted his head toward his blonde companion. "This is Isaac. He has a job for you."

NOTES
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Sera
She/Her
November 18
Laverre City, Kalos
Pansexual
Fine Artist
Grunt [ Forger ]
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seraphine
Seraphine D’aureville
The Art of Faking It [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 14:36:58 GMT

My, this was unexpected, she thought, as Zev introduced his companion. Practically attached to Zev's hip was a young man - a boy, really - with a shock of blond hair and the quick, eager energy of inexperienced youth. She had half-expected him to say something rather demanding, given the way he seemed to confidently carry himself, but this Isaac had instead taken her hand right away in a polite gesture, bowing over it and speaking to her with a practiced formality, which instantly pleased her. 

"Has he now?" Seraphine purred in response to Isaac's words, flashing the young man a mischievous grin. "I would ask what he's been saying about me, if I happened to care in the slightest." She turned a cool gaze on Zev, then. "Which, naturally, I don't." She pulled her hand away rather abruptly, and turned to Rouge. "Fetch our guests some refreshments, would you, dear?" The Smeargle nodded and hurried off to the wet bar not far from the main entryway.

"I do not discuss matters of forgery in the gallery," she explained in a business-like manner to the two men, though she knew Zev was familiar with how her secret business operated. "We will retire to my private studio to go over the details of what it is you are requesting of me, Isaac. I do not work for free, as Zev knows quite well, so do keep that in mind." With that, she turned sharply on her heel and walked purposefully across the marble flooring of the gallery, the clicking of her heels echoing as she made her way to the spiral staircase leading up to the second floor, expecting the two men to follow.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
The Art of Faking It [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 16:00:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]First rule of apathy. If you said how little you cared, you cared. These two had some sort of history, no doubt. Isaac bounced a quizzical glance between the two, as if trying to figure out just what that history might have been. Ah, well. Not important. Besides, there were snacks coming![break][break]

There was also business coming. Isaac was almost surprised how brazenly Seraphine brought her other work up. Then again, this was her domain. If anyone was allowed to track mud on its pristine carpets, it would be her, wouldn't it? However, the most she said about it was that she wouldn't discuss it out here, beyond the initial prompting. With that, she turned on her heel, ready to bring negotiations somewhere a touch more comfortable.[break][break]

The only other word had been about pay. Of course. It always was in the end.[break][break]

"I wouldn't dare. There's honor even among us," Isaac said. "Such good handiwork always deserves something good in return. And I'm always the type to repay quality where I see it. Luckily for you, there's a lot I deal in. Information, acquisitions, promises. Name whatever type of price you'd like; I'll always deliver."[break][break]

Now that was some A++ revenue fluffing. To translate that from Seraphine-speak back into Isaac-speak, he was basically telling her that he was really good at bartering favors and getting his hands on stuff like a grubby little trash goblin. But he managed to phrase it in a way that sounded more like some kind of high society dealmaster and less like the Zigzagoon on two legs that he actually was. Well played, Isaac. Well played.[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
The Art of Faking It [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 16:53:14 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Zev was more than happy to let Isaac do all the talking with Seraphine. The hitman followed them up the stairs at a distance, allowing the artist's focus to fall upon Isaac. He was also absolutely not drinking anything the Smeargle would be offering except water. After all, he'd warned Isaac to keep his wits about him, and Zev would be a fool to forgo his own advice.

As they ascended the spiral staircase to Seraphine's apartment, Zev noticed that the paintings they were passing were more familiar to him. Some were new, but others brought back old, half-buried memories.

The whole trip upstairs was a bit surreal, in fact. Zev found his gaze drawn to the hallway that led to Seraphine's bedroom as they walked by it, though he did not pause in his stride. He felt nothing seeing it. He never had, and that's what she disliked about him most of all.

Zev retreated to a very familiar couch as soon as they entered Seraphine's main living area. Easels, paints, and canvases littered the space, but it was the organized chaos of an artist.

He wondered, briefly, if he should light a cigarette just to piss her off. The windows were open, so technically there'd be air flow.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Sera
She/Her
November 18
Laverre City, Kalos
Pansexual
Fine Artist
Grunt [ Forger ]
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seraphine
Seraphine D’aureville
The Art of Faking It [M]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 3:33:46 GMT

Seraphine ignored Zev as he sunk into her studio couch, his expression utterly devoid of interest, turning her full attention to Isaac. It did not escape her notice how the blond young man seemed to steal glances at Zev, as a pup might look to its alpha wolf for approval. Does the boy know how much danger he's in? She wondered, not so much out of any concern for his well-being (she didn't waste time on worrying about strangers), but because she was genuinely curious. Anyone who grew close to Zev would eventually learn what he really was: a hateful monster. The budding master and apprentice vibes she felt between the two men meant that Isaac either did not know of Zev's true nature or did not care.

There was also a third possibility, one that left a sour taste in her mouth.

The third possibility was that Isaac was already like Zev too.

"Very well, Isaac," Seraphine began, giving away none of her inner thoughts as she took a seat on one of the cushioned stools accompanying her primary work table and folded her hands in front of her on the smooth wooden surface. "What is it that you would like me to replicate for you? A signature? A document? An identification card, perhaps?" Her smile was viper-like in its acidity as her orange-gold gazed locked onto Isaac. Will this be the usual sort of fare, or something else - something more challenging? she silently questioned him.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
The Art of Faking It [M]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 13:44:55 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh boy. Now it was time for sharing the plan. That was always the most fun and rewarding part of any heist. "How do you feel about counterfeit gems?" Isaac asked, a mischievous glint in his eye. "Becuause if that's within your wheelhouse, some of those paired with fake authenticity certificates to match could go a long way."[break][break]

He'd be lying if he said the plan wasn't a work in progress. There were just too many variables to consider. Would he try to go quietly under the cover of darkness? That'd risk running afoul of security systems, but also meant he could hide behind his mask and Rocket guise instead of putting his own identity in any danger. Would he approach in broad daylight, trying to take another's place with forged credentials? For goods this valuable, each step of a sale was discussed among multiple parties. Even if he did find a weak link in that chain, he'd risk his crime being traced back to his face. Unacceptable.[break][break]

This was why a good counterfeit was so, so important. Enough time passing between the scene of the crime and discovery time meant details got foggier and allowances got made. A missing gem would get the place on red alert in no time. A good fake being found weeks later would instead cause confusion and uncertainty.[break][break]

Despite this, Isaac was already scrambling to think of contingencies to keep in his back pocket. He wasn't the kind of guy to stride in confidently, get shot down, and slink away with his tail between his legs. If a "no" was coming, he'd just have to land on his feet and hit the ground running.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
The Art of Faking It [M]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 14:03:04 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
At that moment, Seraphine's Smeargle entered the room with a tray of assorted drinks and snacks. He stopped at the couch first to offer them to Zev. The hitman selected one of two small bottles of water from the tray and a sealed bag of mini pretzels. There's absolutely no way Seraphine or her Pokémon could have poisoned them just for him and then resealed them.

Not that poisoning her exes was necessarily Seraphine's modus operandi, but when it came to his specific relationship with the woman, Zev could never be too careful.

The Smeargle walked over to Isaac next, leaving Zev to munch on his snack and listen to the conversation happening a few feet away from him. He had a passing curiosity about what Isaac's plan (or plans) really were, as they hadn't discussed it prior to their trip to Galerie Mirage. The job was Isaac's, after all. Zev was just there to make the introduction and be wallpaper while the younger man worked.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Sera
She/Her
November 18
Laverre City, Kalos
Pansexual
Fine Artist
Grunt [ Forger ]
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seraphine
Seraphine D’aureville
The Art of Faking It [M]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 15:41:49 GMT

"Counterfeit gems?" Seraphine tapped her jaw with one of her long, pointed fingernails thoughtfully, weighing Isaac's request. It had been some years since she had sculpted anything, preferring her oils and acrylics to the 3D arts, but the fundamentals were still familiar to her. A fake diamond was nothing a little well-molded resin couldn't solve. More importantly, she would be able to replicate the documents proving the authenticity of the gems - those were the forgeries that would matter the most, as they would likely prevent a jeweler from scrutinizing the gems too closely, giving her more leeway with them.

"I can do this for you," She told Isaac, tone decisive and laced with an undercurrent of arrogance. She idly took a glass of champagne from Rouge's proffered tray of goodies and sipped it as she stole a glance at Zev. A mild curiosity graced his handsome features, but it wasn't directed at her - instead, he seemed fixated on Isaac and what the young man was planning to do. His little protégé indeed.

"But the cost will depend on how many fake gems you need, and how soon you need them. What is the timeframe for this particular operation? I will need to gather supplies. Sculpting is not my primary craft these days, as I'm sure you can tell." She waved a hand at the studio and its myriad of paints, brushes, and canvases.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
The Art of Faking It [M]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 16:58:53 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I was thinking around a week or so," Isaac said. The nice thing about a heist was that you could take your sweet time with it. Unless the store was going out of business, about to make a particularly massive sale, or in danger of exploding in a freak accident, it was going to keep to its status quo more often than not. Shoppers liked consistency. Who knew? "But if more time's needed, that's alright by me. I know art so fine shouldn't be rushed."[break][break]

The much more tactical question was how many gems. "The more gems I take, the more time I'd need to get the job done, and the more chances there are that something goes wrong. So its a very careful balance," Isaac admitted. "I'd rather not leave too many traces of my presence, even if I do have all night. It'd be much more effective to make little substitutions here and there than it would be to clear out an entire display case."[break][break]

"Even in the best case scenario, I wouldn't want to get too greedy. At most, a small case's worth, something I could easily smuggle in a small bag and spread throughout the store. But ambition's one thing. Reality's another. How many gems do you think you'd be able to make in a week?"
Not only would Seraphine need to forge the gems, but she'd also need to obtain materials and forge the documents for each. Even if the gems themselves could be mass made, that last part could take a while.[break][break]

"If any Pokemon-made materials can help, I can gladly share my team, too," Isaac added. Come on, Isaac, think! What did Elliot say about cosplay decorations . . . "After all, some resins come from . . . plants, right? The bushes growing on my Grotle's back should be up to the task, and her Overgrowth might be able to stimulate other nearby plants into providing more." It probably wouldn't be enough on its own, but it was a kind olive branch.[break][break]

With business discussed, Isaac politely took one of the bagged snacks and waters. Seraphine's turn now.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
The Art of Faking It [M]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 17:38:35 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
As Isaac and Seraphine talked, Zev paid close attention, listening with one ear turned toward them as his gaze wandered idly across the woman's newer paintings. Some sat drying on their easels while others existed in an unfinished state. They were mostly landscapes, as he expected. It seemed Seraphine still had not tired of painting them, though he failed to understand why.

Isaac's plan was less solidly conceived than Zev had expected, but what did he know? He was not a master thief. Such an elaborate heist that required switching real diamonds for fake ones and a forged proof of authenticity was beyond him. If Isaac could pull it off, then he would certainly deserve whatever praise his bosses deigned to give him.

As for whether Seraphine could produce diamonds deceptive enough to fool professional jewelers, Zev did not doubt her skill. He'd brought Isaac to her for a reason. Despite his history with her and their thorny interactions in the present, Zev knew better than to deny her good work whenever it crossed his path. He did not expect any acknowledgment from her for it, but when had he ever?

Zev took out his phone, intending to check his email and any new text messages to pass the time.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Nellethiel

Sera
She/Her
November 18
Laverre City, Kalos
Pansexual
Fine Artist
Grunt [ Forger ]
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seraphine
Seraphine D’aureville
The Art of Faking It [M]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 18:10:14 GMT

Seraphine waved her hand dismissively when Isaac began to ramble on about one of his Pokémon's abilities, intending to help her acquire resin. Such a foolish, overcomplicated suggestion. She'd agreed to do the job, hadn't she? He needs to learn to recognize when he's said enough, she noted with slight irritation. That was one thing, thankfully, that Zev was good at: knowing when to keep his mouth shut.

Overall, though, Isaac had impressed her, and he was still young. Perhaps in time he would become the master thief he clearly wanted so desperately to already be. "Nonsense," She quipped. "I can buy all of the materials I need at Slateport Art Supplies. I will simply mix in much of what I regularly purchase, such as my favorite oil paints, so as to better cover our tracks."

She walked over to a collection of smaller paintings leaning against a far wall, each depicting a different view of the Slateport beach. Rouge hurried around to her side, anticipating she might ask him to move one of the canvases for her. Hands on curved hips now, Seraphine contemplated them for a moment, and then turned back to look over her shoulder at Isaac. "One week will suffice. I can create 10 small diamonds and 5 medium ones. I do not think large gems are the way to go here - you're trying to be subtle, after all." She smiled at him, and it was neither a kind nor unkind expression, toeing the line between mockery and diplomacy. "Payment will involve time and materials - which is standard, and I will write up a receipt once my shopping trip is complete - as well as one other, special request."

Now she did turn her gaze on Zev, and though she had not, in fact, poisoned any of the food or drink she had offered him, her smile had grown sharp enough to wound. "My other condition is that Zev hang one of my recent paintings in Howling at the Moon. An artist is always in the business of self promotion, after all."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
The Art of Faking It [M]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 18:27:48 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Okay, okay. Bit too much. Isaac clamped down on his tongue at the dismissive hand wave, at least picking up on the sign that he'd overstayed his welcome. The master forger had her own plan, after all. His intentions may've been in the right place, but ultimately she had it covered.[break][break]

Contemplating her own personal sunset, Seraphine said her piece and named her price. The grin on her face was difficult to read, peefectly balanced between appreciation and patronization. Which side of the line did Isaac fall under? It probably depended on whether he paid his share and got the job done or not. "Consider it done," Isaac said, a smile on his face. "A pleasure doing business with you."[break][break]

With one last proposition, her grin had turned from unreadable to very, very distinct. Isaac realized only then that a number had just gotten slapped onto an invisible scoreboard. What manner of decisive blow had Seraphine just struck onto Zev? Whatever the case, her ego had just gotten the better of his. Which was impressive, to say the least. Isaac didn't even know Zev had an ego under all that Zevness. Maybe these two had some history.[break][break]

Or some history.[break][break]

Ah well. No place of his to speculate. Rather than tip his hat too much again, Isaac decided that an occupied mouth was better than a loud one. It was time to finally have some of his host's gracious snacks, and perhaps see how Zev handled such proposals when he was the one in the driver's seat. There was never a bad time for a little learning.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]