March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
LEVEL-2 | Seviper's Remains (DW)
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 2:28:39 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
For once, it wasn't raining Meowths and Lillipups south of Mount Pyre. While the long road from the south of the haunted peak to Mauville City had dried out, the road itself still passed through a large wetland. With the weather being unseasonably cool and overcast, it was time to give one of her freshly-evolved and excited Pokémon the turn she deserved.

Her fine, blonde hair being pushed around by a moderate breeze, Shalin gently pat the neck of Prance, her Wyrdeer. "Hey, can you let me down? I want to let Kiara run." Prance slowed to a stop and released her mental harness on her rider; she was the only one of the wild child's Pokémon that did not wear a saddle or a bridle. The psychic-type could read her rider's thoughts, understanding her trainer's desire without need for physical or verbal commands.

Prance's orbs adorning her antlers lit up as she imparted a reply directly into Shalin's mind: "You two have fun!"

The green-dressed girl slid off the Wyrdeer and took her Pyroar's Poké Ball from off her belt. "Come on out, Kiara!" The full-size lioness leaped out of her Poké Ball, then turned around and pounced Shalin, relentlessly licking her cheek. "Hey, you're not a Litleo anymore! You can't do that!" She couldn't help but giggle as Pyroar slobber dripped down the side of her face.

After a couple minutes of the Pyroar's affection, she backed away to let Shalin stand. "I know you're excited, but we have places to be!" Kiara let out a cry that was louder than a purr, but not a full-blown Noble Roar. Shalin felt a refreshing warmth from the big cat's billowing mane as it blew around her when she sat in the saddle. "Let's ride!" Shalin cried, pointing toward a wetland on the southwest side of the bay.

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Flit          Yanmega        Good
Kiara         Pyroar-F       Good
Treble        Hakamo-o       Good
Prance        Wyrdeer        Good
Queen Zing    Beedrill       Good
Levy          Milotic        Good

{WC: 310}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
i wish i was special (you're so very special)
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 21:45:11 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

She had been in Hoenn for about eight months, give or take, and had planned as everything as tightly as she could. First, the perfunctory adjustment period (complete with unpacking and a rudimentary sense of decorating). Second, making sure all her credits and other such things had transferred over from Lumiose University. Steps one and two hadn’t taken much time at all. After that, it more rough estimates for Nanette rather than concrete dates. So far, Nanette was on track for her studies and exams. The only thing that had given her pause back then was the decision between Pokémon nursing, a traditional residency at a hospital, or field work.

It had taken one recruiter and one evening to make her decision. Hence why she wore the uniform now in ranger red and blue.

Six months a cadet, and here she was – Mila’s reins held loosely in her hands as she surveyed the area. Nanette ordinarily found Hoenn a touch too warm for her tastes, but it was pleasant out here. There was still a distinct dampness in the air, but at least it was cool. And for all her complaints about the heat, Nanette liked it here, and her fondness grew by the day.

There was movement ahead of them. Nanette could see the familiar crimson and red of a pyroar, and there was a woman there, too. Her hair was blonde and her clothing green. There didn’t seem to be anything sinister or illicit going on…though Nanette couldn’t help but wonder where this woman was going, and with such enthusiasm.

Well, it couldn’t hurt to ask.

A press of her heel, and Mila was trotting off towards the pyroar and its trainer. Her hooves kicked up damp earth and blades of grass. She was still a young mare, excitable and impetuous, but it was getting better by the day. Willful was the word. But there was nothing like a spirited rapidash galloping into the horizon.

Hello there!” Nanette’s voice was clear and chipper as Mila slowed to a stop. “Your pyroar is stunning. I just wanted to see what you were up to – not in any suspicious way! I just didn’t think there was much else of note around this area.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 0:22:01 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Kiara reared and turned around when she heard a woman's voice shouting toward them alongside the distinct clopping of a hooved Pokémon. The excited Pyroar yielded to the oncoming Pokémon, playfully bucking and kicking a few times with her trainer aboard. A particularly strong thrust yielded a whoop from her trainer before she calmed down. "Yee-ha! That was fun!" The lioness' long mane blew around Shalin alongside a gust of wind.

"Thanks!" Shalin replied to the passerby. "Aren't you a precious one, Kiara!" She gently scratched the lioness behind the ear, a smile growing on her mount's face. "Shalin, wildest Pokémon rider this side of Hoenn!" she recited as though she gave that introduction for a living. After that demonstration, it was evident her title wasn't wrong. Once Kiara was around the Ranger, she became much more well-behaved. If the Ranger's name was displayed on her badge, she would simply end her greeting with an acknowledgment of her name; otherwise, she would ask for the Rapidash rider's name directly.

"I'm actually a freelance wilderness explorer, and I'm headed to this place called the Seviper's Remains," she explained, pointing to a landmark to the northwest, across quite a lot of wetlands. "Supposedly, it's a cave that was formed from a fossilized Dynamaxed, or even Gigantamaxed, Seviper. It's one of Hoenn's natural wonders, and I want to check it out! It's a shame you have to travel so far to get to it."

{WC: 244}
{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

Trish

Nettie
she/her
twenty-three
December 23
Lumios City
heterosexual
EMT, medical student
Cadet
Single
10 height
10 height
i wish i was special (you're so very special)
awards
51 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nettie
Nanette Sanguine
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 4:23:54 GMT
Nanette Sanguine Avatar

There was something so very charming about this Shalin. Wild was very apt – and there was that wild energy and ease to her from the wind-swept blonde hair to the bright eyes. Nanette favored her with a warm smile before adjusting her cap.

Nanette Sanguine, a cadet. I’m afraid I don’t have any interesting superlative.

Nanette’s gaze followed where Shalin pointed. Now that was interesting…Nanette glanced from the long expanse of puddles down to Mila, and, well…she knew that was a fruitless endeavor. It wasn’t that Mila didn’t enjoy tromping through the mud, but there would be an even bigger expense of energy. There was no telling when her hooves would get caught in muck, and they’d struggle to get loose.

That sounds like it’d be amazing to see. I don’t have any flying types, unfortunately.” Nanette looked at wistful as she sounded.

And for however much Nanette dreamed of a great fluffy altaria to cuddle, that had yet to come true.

Do you have any flying type with you? I’d love to hear about your adventure once you’re back.

Because no matter how much Nanette would love to accompany Shalin, it wasn’t exactly feasible…And there was no way a stranger would invite her willy-nilly on the little expedition of a lifetime.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 5:54:44 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Nanette, is it?" Shalin replied, taking interest in both her and her Rapidash. "Rapidash are fun to watch run. She could outrun Kiara here, for sure!" She was going to make a remark on hos the species wasn't wild enough for her tastes, but kept the potentially insulting comment to herself.

While the young explorer would have preferred to get a little closer to their destination, it certainly wouldn't be out of her flying Pokémon's range to get there from here. "If not having a flying Pokémon is the only reason you don't want to go, I have a backup!" She slid down from Kiara's back and gently pat the Pyroar. "Thanks for taking me here, but it's time to pass the baton! Kiara, return! Flit and Queen Zing, you're on!"

Out of the Poké Balls emerged two giant and terrifying-looking bug Pokémon. The first was a Yanmega whose compound eyes shifted between his trainer and Nanette, doing his best to "smile" using his mandibles when he noticed the Rapidash. The other was a big Queen Beedrill a little larger than Shalin was. Shalin flinched when Queen Zing buzzed her wings for a split second, enough to lift her upper body into the air and embrace Shalin with the flats of her foreleg stings, being careful not to poke her with either one.

Easily the most terrifying, or amazing, depending on one's perspective, was these insect Pokémon wore riding tack much like her Pyroar did. "Don't worry, Nanette!" Shalin reassured. "They're both well-behaved; Queen Zing loves seeing new people, and she's the sweetest Queen Beedrill you'll ever meet!" That probably wasn't reassuring at all to Nanette; Beedrill were typically one of the scariest, most aggressive Pokémon around, and a sting from its rear needle often necessitated a doctor's visit due to how potent the poison was. On the flip side, a Beedrill couldn't reach anyone sitting on its back with any of its stings, even if it wanted to.

Apparently the presence of the enormous bugs was enough to spook the young girl and her Rapidash off. She was a bit sad, but Shalin was used to it; Beedrill and Yanmega were some of the scariest forest predators around, doubly so because ones this size could easily lift humans into the air. Beedrill venom itself was no joke, either!

@lyragale

{WC: 650}
{PC: 3}

ooc note: is dropping this thread per a discussion via Discord DMs.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2022 19:11:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

A Wild Ride![break][break][break][break]

Lyra was taking a detour-- Her initial plan had simply been to go to Mt. Pyre and pay her respects. It was, at least, something her family had done back home during the summer. Clear Skies and open air was the best time to mourn and thank their departed Flying-Type Pokemon for filling their lives with so much love and joy. The wind on the route had picked up, and Lyra couldn't help but stop for a moment on her walk and take in a breath of fresh air. She mused over how the air smelled different in Hoenn than it did in Kalos-- Though then again, it was bound to have a sweeter, fresher scent... She lived in the city, and--
[break][break]

ZOOM![break][break]

Lyra was barely able to jump out of the way of the Raphidash, falling backwards into a nearby bush. The poor girl stared up at the passing clouds, wondering what had just happened... and so quickly! Letting out a low groan, she sat up, and looked around... There was a low humming sound of fast-beating wings... She recognized them! There were some kind of bug-type Pokemon nearby... Pulling herself up to stand her ground, she gritted her teeth, preparing herself for a battle! [break][break]

Surely something that scared off a Raphidash was bound to be a challenge... Lyra carefully held onto her Pokeball, and snuck closer towards the noise, peering from around trees to get a good look at what she would be facing...![break][break]

... Oh! A girl![break][break]

She was standing there with her rather large Yanmega and Impressively sized Beedrill... Lyra rubbed her eyes slightly-- She'd never seen one so big in person...! No wonder that Raphidash ran off. Lyra shifted, causing a twig to snap against her leg before she could turn to leave-- It certainly grabbed their attention as the leaves rustled beneath her. She stepped out of the bush, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly. [break][break]

"U-Uh, Hey!" She grinned, rather sheepishly, "Sorry, didn't mean to be nosey... I just noticed your Beedrill," She placed her hands in her pockets, staring wide-eyed at the intimidating looking bug. "Can't say I've ever encountered one of this size before..."

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-sableye"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 0:50:10 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Just as she was about to mount her Beedrill and take off across the swamp, Shalin could barely hear the voice of another traveler trying to get her attention. It seemed she was popular today despite her remote location! Flit and Queen Zing crawled around to let her see the young female - she looked even younger than the bug rider did! "Oh, hi there!" she reciprocated the pilgrim's grin during her reply, popping out her earplugs. "Queen Zing, as her name suggests, was the queen of her hive - that's why she's so big!" She wasn't kidding. The Beedrill's wingspan was enormous, easily enough to send small and even medium-sized loose objects flying away from her if she were to take off.

"Name's Shalin, wildest Pokémon rider this side of Hoenn!" she introduced herself with her tacky but probably true title, as evidenced by the reined-up Yanmega and Beedrill. "And what about you?" Queen Zing waved a foreleg sting in greeting, Flit doing his best to try to smile, but there was no making the sight of his powerful mandibles any less intimidating. "These two are Flit and Queen Zing, two of my closest partners!"

@lyragale

{WC: 195}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 16:39:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The young woman couldn't help but stare at the two giant insects a little longer than intended-- They were both massive bug types with fitting names! Lyra couldn't help but smile to herself-- her father in particular would be all over how impressively trained they were, on top of their sheer scale. While her family didn't really work with many bug-types, flying-types were their forte! Creepy as they were, they didn't really seem to phase her too much-- Although she knew she certainly wouldn't want to find herself between those mandibles! Lyra nodded her head, and put her hands in her pockets as she turned to look at the girl before her.[break][break]

"Name's Lyra!" She said proudly, "You can call me Lyr. My family raises Flying-Type Pokemon back home... My dad would be pretty impressed with these two." Lyra let out a little laugh, shrugging slightly. "Are you by chance headed to Mt. Pyre with these two? ... I mean, uh..." She looked off in the direction she was heading, originally hoping to catch a ferry across to the island. Still, there was part of her that... Didn't really want to go for some reason. Maybe she just wasn't ready to go... Not today, at least. [break][break]

"Though... I'm not too familiar with what else might be around here... I was planning on going to pay my respects to my family's Pokemon. They aren't here-- On Mt. Pyre, I mean... But..." She hesitated, and then laughed, scratching the back of her head. "It's pretty obvious I'm not from Hoenn, huh?"

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 7:29:28 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar

"I'll call you Lyr, then!" Shalin smiled, happy to meet the young girl who seemed to like her giant bug Pokémon a lot. "Flying Pokémon are cool! I think everyone should have a big flying Pokémon on their team. The freedom you get of being able to go anywhere you want is amazing!" Well, almost anywhere. A big flying Pokémon wasn't going to help explore an underwater cave, nor the inside of a volcano. But only Shalin was crazy enough to want to explore those places...right?

"Nope! But I'm headed somewhere nearby. See that odd rock formation out there?" The green-haired explorer pointed roughly northwest. "That's called the Seviper's Remains. They say it was formed from a fossilized Dynamaxed Seviper. It's one of Hoenn's eight natural wonders, and I was about to go to it! It's just so far into the wetlands that it's hard to get to unless you have a flying Pokémon. I have two, though!"

Shalin walked toward her giant bug-types, as if beckoning Lyra to join her in flying over the wetlands and to the natural wonder. The young lady seemed interested in them, after all, and if they wore full riding gear, they had to be very well-behaved. She wouldn't be surprised if she had the only ride Beedrill in all of Hoenn. Well, at least one trained to carry a human. Whether that was due to how rare they were or the few people that had the courage to sit stop one was in the eye of the beholder.

"Hey, I'm not from Hoenn, either! I'm actually from Johto," Shalin continued making small talk. "Johto has its own natural wonders, but nothing like Hoenn's." She set her bag down and procured the Gale Medallion from a pocket near the bottom of her bag, the overcast sky dulling the bright green reflection of the dessert plate-sided object. She had acquired the medallion from the peak of the Braviary's Nest, a depiction of Therian Form Tornadus inscribed on it. Of course, she did not recognize the legendary Pokémon it was depicting, but the object seemed to have a divine presence about it. "If you're not headed to Mount Pyre, why not check it out?"

@lyragale

{WC: 384}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 21:02:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

There was a subtle twitch at the corner of Lyra's mouth at the mention of having a large flying-type Pokemon. her mind wandered to her Noctowl, who was actually relatively smaller than your average Noctowl. She was a beloved partner of hers, and a grand pair of eyes, but Lyra's parents often called her a 'runt.' Harsh criticism was often thrown in Lyra's direction-- often blaming her rebellious nature and poor training methods on her Noctowl not being able to reach her full potential. Things only got worse when Lyra's folks found out about her pick-pocketing... Her Noctowl stayed by her side, comforted her. Back then it was hard to tell, but she knew that her partner didn't want to stop. Maybe it was from all the special treats she was given for a successful heist, or maybe her Noctowl had just as much of a thrill as she did.[break][break]

It didn't really matter how much fun she and her Noctowl had together-- Heck, Lyra knew it was wrong to steal things, but she and Noctowl were happy... and if people didn't want to lose a watch, or couple bucks, or a wallet... maybe they shouldn't be so careless.

Shaking off her train of thoughts, her attention was drawn to the strange rock formation that seemed to be looming in the distance. It was hard to tell the Seviper shape of it from far away, but it kind-of-sort-of looked long and... Seviper like, she guessed. The girl's eyes drifted over the Yanmega who seemed all saddled up and ready to take off-- and the girl gave a curious smirk as she looked off at the rock formation again. Though her head was turned towards the formation, the glint of the mysterious object in Shalin's hand seemed to grab her attention. A strange, beautiful medallion... surely it would fetch a good sum from the right buyer-- better yet, she could toss that at one of her bosses and get a promotion! [break][break]

"If I'm being honest... I'm in no rush to get to Mount Pyre," Lyra shrugged, "But it surprises me that you think Hoenn is prettier than Johto... I've never been, but from the photos I've seen of Ecruteak alone, the region looks beautiful." Lyra smiled, very carefully walking up to the Yanmega, making sure not to startle it. Once more, her eyes set themselves in the direction of the rock formation, and she let out a heavy sigh. "Alright, you've piqued my curiosity!" She laughed, "If you don't mind me hitching a ride on your Yanmega here, I'd like to check this place out." Lyra gently placed her hand on top of the Yanmega's head, giving it a friendly pat.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 9:48:38 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Flit, being the curious Yanmega, appreciated Lyra's gentle pat. She might have been able to feel his body shaking a little, thanks to the power behind his wings beating just below the threshold to drone. "When this is over, we should go out there together. You'd love it. One thing, though," the young explorer smiled as she felt the rush of air from Flit's wings warming up, "you'll want these, too." She handed Lyra a pair of earplugs. "They're to keep you from losing your hearing." After all, she would be sitting between two giant chitin wings beating over a hundred times per second. She night not have to worry about being torn to shreds from two cones of vibration coursing through her, but it was certainly going to be loud enough to damage her hearing unprotected.

When she was sure Lyra was ready, Shalin gave Lyra a brief rundown of how to hold and use the dragonfly's reins for control if she wanted. Of course, she was free to have Flit fly of his own accord, if she wanted. Shalin popped her own earplugs in, then climbed aboard her Beedrill. She gave a thumbs-up to confirm before grabbing her own bug's reins.

The two got their wings up to speed before leaping into the air, their flight a little wobbly at first but becoming more stable once they had some altitude. The fluttering wings were just mesmerizing to watch, A familiar tingling sensation coming over Shalin. The giant wasp she was astride flew just low enough to disturb the stagnant water beneath them. The very presence of the buzzing predators was enough to make smaller predators of the wetlands flee.

The mouth of the cave was in rather unsettling spot; the entrance Shalin had spotted, and the only one with enough solid ground to stand on near where they could land, was through the fossilized snake's left eye socket. "We're here," she sighed, dismounting after a minute or two of sitting astride the now-motionless Beedrill. Had she hopped off with her legs feeling like jelly, she could have tumbled into the swamp!

Once she felt comfortable on foot, she took a peek inside, and it was dark. Quite dark. She had a fire-type with her, thankfully, but it wasn't a great one for seeing in such low light conditions. Could work in a pinch, though!

@lyragale

{WC: 396}
{PC: 6}

Shalin        Human          ♥♥♥♥

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2022 3:31:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Lyra could only painfully listen as the girl explained to her how to ride the Yanmega. Although she opted not to say anything, Lyra couldn't help but pinch the inside of her cheek with her teeth to keep from speaking outloud. Didn't she get the idea that she already knew her way around flying-types after mentioning her father? Lyra really had no reason to be that upset, however, because as it turned out, drowning out her advice was perhaps not the best idea. After all, this wasn't her Yanmega. It was Shalin's. [break][break]

Lyra quickly grabbed her pilot's hat from her bag, quickly adjusting it before take-off. Gripping the reigns of the Yanmega proved to be challenging, as the thunderous beating of the Pokemon's wings was unlike the feathers of the Pidgeots she'd flown on as a girl. Nothing about this was gentle, or free-- and although the technique of flying them was about the same, Lyra felt the grip slip from her hands frequently due to the pressure this Pokemon released from mere flying alone. [break][break]

"Shalin-!" Lyra attempted to yell at one point, but it was no use. The buzzing from the two Pokemon drowned out her voice. Despite her discomfort while airborn, Lyra gained a somewhat newfound respect-- and fear-- of these Pokemon. Yanmega made raphid movements-- darting left to right on occasion due to some poor handling on Lyra's fault-- though she swore to herself this Pokemon just wanted to torture her. Sweat beading down her neck, she could hardly feel her arms upon landing-- every inch of her body felt as if it would melt off of her and pool into the marhlands the both of them had landed in. [break][break]

"Remind me-" Lyra muttered, just loud enough for Shalin to hear, "D-Don't ever fly a giant Yanmega without stretching first..." The girl held her knees as she keeled over. "I... was not... prepared for that." She breathed heavily, before looking up to get a look at the rock formation Shalin had told them about. She'd been able to see it briefly as they came down to land-- seeing they entered one of the empty looking eyes of the creature. Slowly, Lyra slipped off the Yanmega, and fell to her knees on the solid ground. This was pretty pathetic of a member of Team Rocket... though, expected, when you really think about it. [break][break]

"So... this is it..." Lyra caught her breath, slowly standing-- leaning against the Yanmega for a little extra support as she glanced over at Shalin. "What exactly is this place...?" Somehow, she felt as if there was a presence nearby. This was pretty deep in the Marhlands, after all... There had to be some pretty rare Pokemon here, right?

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 21:21:09 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Lyra looked a bit insulted at Shalin's explanation of how to control the giant bug. She did forget that Lyra had stated she had experience flying on Pokémon before, but the way things unfolded, it may have been for the best. Yanmega were indeed special, being able to fly in any direction while independently facing any direction. The motor control required to precisely maneuver Flit through the reins alone was beyond what most humans, Shalin included, were capable of.

Shalin couldn't help but laugh at the situation when Lyra dizzily dismounted. Even the bug trainer waited a bit before sliding down her Beedrill's natural armor. "But did you have fun?" she asked with a smile, withdrawing the two enormous bugs who would not be able to maneuver well in the confines of the snake-shaped cavern.

When asked about what the place was, Shalin procured from her supply bag a green medallion with a bust of a Therian Forme Tornadus engraved in its surface. "There's something like this hidden somewhere in here. If I told you how I knew, you wouldn't believe me." Unbeknownst to her, it might be better for her if Lyra didn't know. That might end up putting both their lives in jeopardy from the battle that would almost certainly occur inside the Halls of Origin when that day came.

Shalin took a peek through a tunnel to the west of the entrance. There were already three branches, two left and one right, at various angles. She would need to make a map of this place, particularly with potentially dangerous wild Pokémon lurking around every corner...

@lyragale

{PC: 7}

Shalin        Human          ♥♥♥♥

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 6:42:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GULPIN APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GLUTTONY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLUDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ENCORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BELCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AMNESIA
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] @lyragale

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FLOETTE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SYMBIOSIS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FAIRY WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AROMATHERAPY
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MAGICAL LEAF

[attr="class","wildtag"] @lyragale

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 0:26:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]THE GULPIN FLEES!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GLUTTONY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLUDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ENCORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BELCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AMNESIA