rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
illuminate [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 21:32:49 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

”Hey, Mari, I found it…!”[break][break]

He called the words across the dimmed interior of the lighthouse’s highest floor only minutes after a quick, yet as thorough of a search as he could muster. Before him laid a familiar, darkly striped sheep(?), its tail curled loosely around it as its darkly hued eyes remained veiled over.[break][break]

Narrowing his eyes, the man quirked his lip in thought, taking a careful knee by the creature.[break][break]

”...It’s alive, at least…” he murmured, a careful eye watching the Pokemon’s chest rise and fall. ”I dunno, though. It almost seems…”[break][break]

He paused for a moment, furrowing his brows while glancing over towards the other person present.[break][break]

”...Tired? I guess that’d be the best way to put it.”

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
illuminate [m]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 23:59:05 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

her ears perk up, and her head turns with the litwick who sat so patiently on top. [break][break]

she should expect this kind of job by now. should expect to be called upon when someone needs medical help, called upon when a pokemon isn't in the best condition. and, because it's her job, she moves quickly towards his voice from where he calls out. it's still dark here, so thankfully there's the dim, purple light helping her see better. "you found it?" she repeats, but she already knows his response. [break][break]

and she doesn't need to hear it again when she catches the shadow of the electric pokemon, slumped on the ground. call it habit and instinct for her to immediately move to kneel in front of the pokemon. her med-kit is pulled out next to her, and the latches are flicked off with a click before she pulls out a stethoscope. even if he says it's breathing, it's important.[break][break]

she holds the bell around the heart, then towards its lungs.. and there was nothing irregular, though weak. the grimaces in the dark. "it doesn't look like there are any wounds." she tugs the ear tips from her head "... it looks more like he's used too much electricity" she raises a hand to gently pat the ampharos' forehead, hoping to coax its eyes closed. [break][break]

".. poor thing."

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
illuminate [m]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 15:55:26 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

He nodded, furrowing his brows softly. His eyes followed after her as she made her way over, only to shift back towards the creature before them once she’d taken a knee by it. He hummed lowly in thought as she brandished her equipment within the wake of an impromptu checkup.[break][break]

After some silence, he glanced towards the Pokeballs residing upon his belt.[break][break]

”...Do you think it’d be possible to recharge it?” he mused, equally parts curious and skeptical of his own suggestion. ”Like…if we used another Pokemon to transfer electricity.”

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
illuminate [m]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 17:22:49 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"very possible." [break][break]

what he suggested was actually the usual procedure for these situations. the only issue is that it's often under regulated circumstances, so even having an electric pokemon use their electricity on the ampharos could start doing more damage than it could fix. luckily for the both of them, marisol came in prepared. [break][break]

she holds up a finger to him as she turns backs to her kit, though now to pull out a small device hooked up to multiple wires, with patches along it. on one side looks like a plug, leading into the small box with the knobs. she starts to peel away at the plastic covering the adhesive, moving towards the electric pokemon. [break][break]

"it'll feel a little cold, but bear with it, okay?" she hushes her voice to the electric pokemon, sticking the little pads onto the pokemon. one on each arm, leg, a few on the chest, and one on the forehead. there's a cringe from the pokemon, and he shivers, but she uses a free hand to stroke the electric pokemon's body. "it's okay." [break][break]

then she turns her attention back to her companion here, narrowing her eyes. "usually we would plug this into the wall, and have a regulated current run through to transfer" she grumbles, with a flip of the switch with her tone. "if you have a pokemon for this, i'll have to put these pads on them, too."

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
illuminate [m]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 2:05:05 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

Watching with a touch of concern and curiosity alike, the man crossed his arms while waiting patiently; a dwindling gaze of amber focused upon the creature before them and only drifting towards the woman accompanying him in light of her later words. A soft, lower hum of thought escaped his lips as he trailed his gaze down, eying a particular duo of Pokeballs residing upon his belt.[break][break]

He noted the rustle of one in light of the conversation, a soft smile of amusement quick to surface upon his face all the while. With a sigh, he tapped the button of the respective capsule, lifting his gaze faintly to meet that of a ready and able Toxtricity as he gave a cry in greeting.[break][break]

”Well, Okab’s up to the task, then,” the Stone hummed, nodding towards the lizard. ”Looks like he’s ready when you are~.”

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
illuminate [m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2022 4:02:07 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

a toxtricity comes out, ready and rearing to offer some electricity to the ampharos. her eyes are narrowed as she reaches back into the bag, grabbing a fair amount of wires and stickies identical to the ones she paste onto the yellow sheep. "alright, if they're willing." she gently bites the bundle of wires (all covered with clear rubbery plastic, so she'll be safe) as she begins to replace the input side of the device. [break][break]

when it's secured, she peels the pasties to expose the sticky part of it, and she scoots over, closer, to the purple electric pokemon. "it'll be a little cold or chilling at first, but try to bear with it, okay?" she's gentle with it, still, even though they aren't the ones that need this treatment. [break][break]

it doesn't take long, then she glances back to the machine to power it on. numbers light up as she places the machine to the ground, her hands on the knobs. when she gives the lizard a nod, the wires begin to light up, the electricity running through the wires and into the device. then, she carefully turns the knob, slowly, watching as the flow of electricity leaves from the other side towards the ampharos. [break][break]

she turns the knob at a steady pace, until faint sparks can be seen on the yellow sheep. she's focused on the machine, although after a few moments, she can lean back and let out a soft sigh. [break][break]

"dealing with electricity is always a little nerve-wrecking.."

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
illuminate [m]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 1:53:48 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

”It is, but it’s just a necessary risk this time around, no~?”[break][break]

He watched as the various wires of the contraption were hooked up to the respective Pokemon, eventually bringing a gaze to settle upon the Ampharos upon the floor once the process had begun. With a soft touch, he reached out to place a hand atop its head.[break][break]

”...Ain’t that right, buddy~?”[break][break]

A soft tone to meet the touch. Amber hues lingered upon the golden creature for a while longer before he shifted his attention towards the nurse as she supervised the processes.[break][break]

”...So what’s your guess, then?” he asked, raising a brow. ”Based on your expert opinion, how long do you think he’s been outta juice like this?”

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
illuminate [m]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 4:03:49 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"a day or two, at most." she keeps her eye on the voltage, careful with the knobs to be sure a steady current is being transferred ".. the poor thing has been overworking itself, and it look like they recently burned out. after recharging, they'll need plenty of rest." even though she knows that this is the poor thing's job. they should be able to find another ampharos, though, no?[break][break]

she thankfully doesn't need to worry about things going awry, so long as the toxtricity doesn't suddenly amp up the voltage and overload the machine. [break][break]

her eyes go back to the ampharos, and the steady stream of electricity is certainly helping to bring some life back into those glazed eyes. still, she can't imagine that the floor is any comfortable, so with her eyes narrowed, she moves her hand from one of the knobs to reach for her belt, and call out a.. very fluffy wooloo. [break][break]

her fleece is fluffy, only because marisol takes the time out of her day to tend to it. then she moves her gaze over to her companion to say "lift the ampharos up, and carefully rest them onto uko.". the wooloo waddles over and, with a cheery baa, lowers herself down not too far away from the electric sheep. [break][break]

"uko will be more comfortable than the floor."

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
illuminate [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 19:47:34 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

”A day or two, huh…?”[break][break]

He glanced down towards the bovine before them, absentmindedly furrowing his brows as he gently ran a hand along its head.[break][break]

”...I hope that’s all it takes for his sake,” he murmured softly, a concerned smile tugging gently upon his lips as his fingers further caressed the beast’s face. They lingered for a while longer before he lifted a gaze within the take of the request borne before him, and after taking note of the next sheep to enter the scene, he blinked in thought before nodding.[break][break]

”...That it will, yeah~,” he chuckled, deftly reaching over to lift the Ampharos’ head long enough to allow the Wooloo to settle in beside him. He promptly lowered his head with equal care after the fact. ”Will you be bringing him back to the center you’re stationed at for monitoring?”

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
illuminate [m]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 3:47:23 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

it shouldn't take too long for it to recover. [break][break]

considering that the cause of this collapse was overwork. rest usually helps, and since this was a relatively seriously job, she imagines that the lighthouse workers wouldn't want their light source to be gone for so long - or maybe she's wrong, with the lack of ships on the slightly stagnant waters nowadays. thanks, barrier. [break][break]

"yes, i will." she sighs, watching as the ampharos nuzzles against the thick fleece of the wooloo. there's still concern as she keeps one hand on the knob, as the other hand carefully reaches over to stroke the back of her finger against the side of its cheek. [break][break]

"... although i'll most likely be told to drop him off so the other nurses and doctors can take a look." she's trying to hide the slight frustration, or irritation, that creeps up in the tone of her voice. being an intern was always so limiting. her brows furrow slightly, watching as the cold and tired electric pokemon leans against the wooloo. it must have been cold, lying there for so long. [break][break]

"... seriously." she clicks her tongue in slight disdain, tugging at the sweater tied around her waist to rest against the exposed part of the pokemon's body "they need to check up on ampharos in the lighthouses more often.."

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
illuminate [m]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 20:12:04 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

He eyed her within an idle thoughtfulness as she spoke her part, raising a brow faintly as a sense of amusement prompted the smile upon his lips to tug broader. For how unwilling and exasperated within the face of numerous scenarios and conversations she seemed to be on a perpetual basis, he found it rather refreshing to see concern bleed from her demeanor, however subtle it may have been from time to time.[break][break]

”...It’s something we can take up with the people that run this place,” he hummed simply, drifting a gaze towards the golden creature once more. ”You’re right, though, of course~... For how hard they work, and, like…how long they have to be alone up here? It’s the bare minimum to get checked up on…”[break][break]

He pursed his lips in thought for a smaller while longer before lifting himself up, briefly checking the time before glancing back up towards her and the others.[break][break]

”...But, on that note, I feel like he’d appreciate something to eat,” the Stone mused on, tucking his phone after noting the time of day. ”I wanted to grab something for him to eat before we actually take him away, if you don’t mind watching him for a bit. You want anything, too, or…?”

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
illuminate [m]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 6:20:17 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

something to eat? [break][break]

that might be a good idea, at least, for when they're able to get the little guy the proper medical attention. for now, this was just to give him enough energy to get up so they can properly take him out to get treated. it was a temporary solution - but he already knew that. [break][break]

if you ask her, she isn't concerned, and she's only doing her job as a nurse. she doesn't care about the ampharos, and how it ends up couldn't make a difference to her, because it's just another pokemon (it's the fact that it's another pokemon that probably hits her harder, though she'll take that with her unto the day she dies). her attention turns from the ampharos to the man, though only via her eyes narrowing and glancing at him from the corner of her eye. [break][break]

her hand continues to gently stroke the top of the electric pokemon's head, in an attempt to soothe the cooler touch of its skin. still, it's.. rather stuffy in here. she can't imagine that the ventilation was all too good since the power went out, and with said power being supplied from the ampharos. so she sighs. [break][break]

".. yeah, you can meet us outside when you come back later." she gently nudges at the ampharos, more to get a feel for how energetic the little thing was. it wasn't. "it must have been horribly stuffy in here," and, after a bit of thinking, she removes the sweater, lower from the ampharos "and it must have been hot." something in her gaze softens. it's pity and worry.[break][break]

"make sure to get him some water, too." the little guy must have been dehydrated, staying up in here alone for so long. "and.. i'm fine, don't worry about me. just get something cool for the ampharos."

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
illuminate [m]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 0:00:45 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

He watched through her movements and gestures.[break]
It took him a fair degree of effort not to smile so widely.[break][break]

Naturally, of course, given how vehemently she always seemed to insist upon not caring with various matters, only to put forth such a display as the one he’d borne witness to within those very moments. Just as anyone else, she cared for others. Often times, from what he’d noticed, she seemed rather prickly about it, but the sentiment had still been there.[break][break]

He hummed, turning before he could allow himself to be caught staring for terribly long.[break][break]

”Suit yourself, then~,” he chuckled, waving a hand as he began to walk towards the staircase leading downward. ”Shouldn’t be more than half an hour. See you then~.”[break][break]

And absolutely with food and drink in hand for everyone.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,749 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
illuminate [m]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 2:05:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven