2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
united, you and i [c]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 20:12:39 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Through the darkening evening sky, a procession garbed in red makes haste towards Lilycove.   

A silver Charizard, injured Togekiss and a pair of Dreepy trail behind the shape of a sleek, blood-stained dragon who flies with unwavering urgency.

None of which spilled had been his own.

Perhaps some of it would have been, had the man sheltered between his wings - growing silent and colder, still - not stepped forward for him.

Latios doesn't care he's flying low and tangible as he makes towards his destination.

For Angelo, he'd even cross boundaries self-built.

Reaching towards the familiar shape of the ship rapidly approaching in the distance and psychically diving beneath bulky steel, Latios traces the signature trail of the woman whom fiercely stirs emotions in Angelo so. 

When he finds her in the space the two occupied together, the eon pokémon latches onto 's mind, enveloping it with a flash of ethereal blue.

His connection is unshakeable, taking over her vision to SIGHT SHARE the moment of their arrival on the Sotally Tober.

Droplets of red hit a pristine deck as someone all but falls from his back, knees meeting wood...

Latios doesn't hesitate to slip his neck beneath a limp arm, supporting them from crumbling further...

There's a pained, shallow intake of breath...

And the connection cuts.

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
united, you and i [c]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 21:43:48 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
She's been here time and time again, spatula in hand and poised before a decision that would dictate either certain doom - or a peaceful, relatively uneventful evening. And like all other times, Skyler decides to choose violence.

Muffled sounds of distress can be heard somewhere behind the captain as she takes position in front of the stove, holding onto a large pan as if she were about to ram it into someone's head. She might as well have, considering the damage that would probably follow in the wake of her cooking.

But Arceus damn it, she'd fry this egg if it was the last thing she did. Because Angelo would be home soon and she'd show him- she'd show him she wasn't utterly helpless in the kitchen if it was the last thing she di-

Skyler blinks and the pan is gone, along with the stove and the kitchen. A presence she's often felt floating by Angelo's side rushes into her mind, and she feels- panic panic panic, cold why is he so cold, is that blood? what- what is going on- Latios?

Blood on salt-stained wood. It's so cold. Knees falling onto the deck. A faint cough. And beneath all of it, a desperate plea.

Help him.

The connection cuts and Skyler is jarred back to reality. She doesn't allow herself time to think, to feel, flying out of the kitchen with the drumming of her heart drowning out everything else, a steady rhythm of nononononono... 

The door to the deck slams open into the dying light, sunset colors long gone to make way for a creeping nightscape. 

He looks dead. 

She doesn't remember walking or pushing herself under Latios' downy feathers to reach for . She doesn't take notice of the blood or of how cold his skin feels, doesn't care as hands reach out to cradle his face. 

"Angel?" It's a broken, senseless whisper that sounds more like a plea, like a please, oh please no. Dear Arceus, don't you dare. Don't you dare leave m-

He's unresponsive, prayers falling on deaf ears as the man she loves bleeds out in her arms. Who the fuck did this to you- who would dare-

Help him.

I will kill them.

AQUA RINGS bleed a cold blue light onto 's broken body, trickling into his skin and underneath to try and patch whatever damage he's received. When the AQUA RINGS fade out, Angelo isn't in a much better shape. 

And so Skyler summons them again. And again. And again. Her breath's raspy and she feels the toll it's taking on her. But it's not enough. Not nearly enough. 

Angelo was made to chase the stars.

And by Arceus, she'll make sure he will.

No matter what.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
united, you and i [c]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 19:42:08 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
She's so, so warm.

Fighting to pry weighted lids open just a crack, dull slithers of blue seek her through the fog when stirred awareness balances unstable on the ledge.

And though his wife fights so tirelessly to save him, Aqua Rings an ethereal halo that kisses silky and brisk against butchered skin, all Angelo longs for is to draw himself close.

To submerge in the comfort of her scent, to drown in silver eyes and feel the soft press of lips on his forehead.

It's a small ask, he thinks, as he slowly bleeds out in the woman he loves arms.

He's so, so cold.

Only his ruined body won't comply with his desperate wishes, poison locking him in time, limbs no longer his own.

Sorry. I keep putting you through this shit.

Sky.

Her name weakly rasped from dry lips is the hand that he cannot lift, reaching with heart-breaking desperation through the haze towards her.

is his aim point.

She'd always encouraged him to hunt for stars.  

And Angelo has fought too hard to not come home to show her the cosmos he's stolen now.

Don't –

A ragged inhale rips words away, rattling Angelo's throat with a cough that triggers a cruel chain reaction, the jolt of muscles igniting nerves from sliced neck right down to his fingertips in fire.

Suddenly, the lurking promise of unconsciousness seems like a tempting reprieve.

Darkness stretches long, shadowed fingers over his eyes. Guiding Angelo down, down, down until it swallows him whole again towards stagnant, lonely depths.

Only this time, as he's pulled beneath the surface, water softly trickles beneath his skin like a nostalgic canal lullaby. His breath echoing its song, as if long engraved.

Peaceful, in its constant flow.

Alive.

Don't let me go where you can't follow.

I'm coming home, my love.

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
united, you and i [c]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 12:09:46 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
He says her name and its like a lighthouse calling her home. It breaks past the haze with heart-breaking gentleness, like fingers reaching to offer comfort even when he's the one bleeding out in her arms. She's convinced he'd be dead before he'd allow the anguish to settle in her eyes. She'd do the same for him.

She'd fight the world and all its ugliness for just a moment to press her forehead against his. To look into beloved ocean blue and find him looking back. To share even a second in a world where he exists.

The ocean's depths do not compare to the lengths she'd brave to bring him back to her.

"You're home, Angel. You're home." It is a plea as much as it is a promise, weaved into her voice - as if by speaking it she'd make it true. She'd once held his dreams in the palm of her hands and dared him to take them. 

Now she holds his life, and begs him not to go. 

Even as he fades, she holds on. Throat tight with the weight of swallowed tears, because she refuses to have even that be a barrier between them. 

Please don't go. Please.

Not you, Angel. Everyone but you.

Please.

I love you. I love you. I love you.

"I love you."

Morning sunlight trickles in through the curtains, bathing the bedroom in ethereal shades of gold. Within, Angelo's resting figure is haloed by sun-kissed limbs and a wild mane of curls.

Out cold over the covers and drooling into the pillow, Skyler's soft snores are the only thing that can be heard over the distant cawing of (wild?) Wingulls and the banging of pots and pans in the kitchen.

Occasionally a shadow cuts through the sunlight to peer into the room from outside the window.

At the foot of the bed rests a pudgy Feraligatr, awake and attentive. Drool gathers in the corners of her maw as the delicious scent of baked goods starts waffling into the room. Her tail tap taps into the wooden floor, excited.

Beyond the slightly ajar door, a small green blob peers nervously into the room, chef's hat unusually crumpled as he holds onto a full tray of baked cookies. Hope lingers for a second, then disappears in a dejected sigh when none of the figures move.

Next to the Gulpin rests a pair of Angelo's shoes, purposefully left at the door - untouched. 

"Give 'em some more time, champ. They'll wake up soon, you'll see."

After some shuffling, Sammy follows Mr Dross back into the kitchen. A small plate with freshly-baked cookies is left on the bedside table, waiting.

Jolly eats the rest.
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
united, you and i [c]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 18:27:55 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
By the time life stirs within the sanctuary of warm, soft sheets and snores long associated with peace, the cookies have grown cool.

On his back, Angelo remains still as he slowly wakes. Awareness trickling in with a slow drip from the tips of his fingertips to his toes, from the ache in sore muscles and the sweet scents he can't quite place lingering in the air...

He's unsure how long it takes for him to muster the energy to let blurry eyes crack open, but the familiar warmth pressed against his side, gentle snores whispering pleas for him to wake into his ear, is more than enough to convince Angelo to brave the world.

For he'd venture to the farthest, darkest unknown reaches of the universe to be reunited with her.

Unfocused blue eyes blink around the room. He finds a plate of cookies on the bedside table when he tilts his head just so, the mystery of the sweet aroma discovered.

Blue scales peek out at the end of the bed, while on the floor his jacket is thrown in a heap. Claimed by four Dreepy, sleeping soundly in a bundle with their noses buried in the fabric.

Surrounded by the drowsy breaths of his family, fatigue clinging to every bone, it's a sentiment that the pilot deeply shares. An exhausted temptation that Angelo stubbornly refuses.

Not until he sees her.

Not until he can assure himself that if he whispered a touch against her cheek, it would reach her.

That he hasn't been swept away to limbo...

Beneath his gingerly shifted weight when Angelo rolls onto his side, a bedspring routinely creaks. If his throat hadn't felt tight under the bands of gauze, he'd groan about the protest in his body, too.

Like Jolly's tail, Angelo's heart does a little tap tap of its own when he sees her. Golden hair untamed and drool pooling on her corner of the pillow pulling a smile from him, weak in too many ways to count.

Finally a thumb takes to her jaw, slowly tracing the shape with the wonderment of a castaway finding the shoreline again.

A peaceful sigh escapes.

He's home.

Hidden behind the curtains, two shadows drift outside the window then linger...

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
united, you and i [c]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 17:31:52 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
He'd been watering his carefully groomed garden when he got the call.

It was date night, he remembers thinking, and he needed to prepare everything in advance before his wife came home. His special roast was in the oven and dessert was cooling in the fridge. He'd gotten them that special rosé both of them got stupidly giggly with and- ah, shit, the candles!

Before panic could overtake his features, the sound of Beyoncé's 'All The Single Ladies' shrieked from somewhere in his pocket. Frowning, he'd taken the call to find frantic, anguished squeaks on the other side.

"Sammy?"

After a brief call to his wife, he'd flown over to the Sotally Tober expecting to find the kitchen aflame in the wake of his daughter's cooking prowess. As he does every other week. Less so since Angelo had moved in.

Exasperated amusement drained at the first sight of blood.

It trailed over the wooden deck, leading to two crumpled figures. Beloved golden curls ('she takes after you', 'no, she's got your curls') tipped in red, and the figure of his daughter curled around a young man he'd long since welcomed as his son.

It broke his heart.

That night easily became one of the worst of his life.

"...Nghh... Tryin' to sleep..." Heavy with sleep, Skyler's words are less a string of comprehensible sounds and more grunted gibberish. She's pulled into the land of the living gradually, silver eyes fluttering against the brightness in the room. 

Her brow creases in a frown, as if she'd as soon fly herself to the sun and command it to stop shining, than to give in to wakefulness.

Reality trickles in along with yesterday's memories, and it jolts the captain enough to realize the rough digits that trail along the curve of her jaw. 

"An-" Her body's protests are swiftly cast aside as she rolls to face him, silver eyes opening wide to find ocean blue, tired but alive. Gloriously, beautifully alive. "Angel." 

Hands reach out to cradle 's face, halting midway through. Her awed expression lasts all of three seconds before crumbling.

"I thought you were gone." 

She doesn't move, doesn't go to him immediately. There's accusation in her tone, but beneath it lies something brittle and sharp-edged. Something like heartbreak. "I thought you were gone, you absolute fucker."

Her voice breaks then, liquid mercury going blurry with what tears she wouldn't shed last night no matter how hard she fights them. Breathing past the knot of thorns in her throat proves near-impossible, but there are few things capable of withstanding her stubborness. Lack of oxygen included.

"Turn me into a widow and I will kill you." She's poised at the edge of conflicting emotions, and the threat hangs from her lips like a brandished blade.

It's made lesser by the way she seems to fold into herself, a wild animal caged.
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
united, you and i [c]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 18:57:22 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Tranquillity is short lived, lasting as long as it takes for Angelo to marvel the contours of sunlight dancing on her jaw - that he was somehow still beside her.

For that moment, sleep had almost ensnared him again, his hollow eyes drooping. Only for awareness to crash down on beloved tones turned devastatingly strained and magnetic eyes, near drowned with a tempest threatening to spill unbound.

's accusatory, shattered awakening hitting Angelo like a winding blow to the sternum, memories piercing through the haze of fatigue.

Sky,” her name comes out tongue-tied, snagging on something raw at the heart-breaking sight of her.

On the truth that he'd been so close to being ripped from the world – from her.

Would you stop threatening me for five fucking seconds and –

He hates how his voice, defensive and wounded, catches on the emotion building in his throat. Despises with a visceral repulsion how heat prickles behind his eyes.

Taking a shaky breath, he squares his jaw and attempts on stubborn resolve to bite back the emotion.

Only with exhaustion deep in his bones and his chest cracking beneath the weight of Skyler's building tears, twisting daggers into him, the attempt is as strong as soaked paper.

He can barely convince himself his eyes aren't wet.

Just. Come here, you idiot.

Reaching for her, the pilot takes his wife's arm with uncharacteristic gentleness, encouraging her to him with a featherlight pull that could easily be ripped away.

Not because Angelo fears her fragile. That she might crumble and weep beneath the weight of his plea.

Oh, no.

But because, should she back away with teeth bared and defences risen in the agony of her splintered heart when he needs her most, he just might.

Sky. I'm not gone. I'm right here...

The please is but a whisper.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
united, you and i [c]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 9:51:48 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Drowning had felt less agonizing than the daggers that crack her ribcage open now, to pierce at what rests within. Skyler hadn't been aware of it until blue eyes had cracked open with love unbound, catching on a soft adoration that swelled, silent, between them. Reminding her of what could've been lost. Of what had nearly been lost, last night.

Her hands are shaking when Angelo reaches for her, his featherlight touch a path that would always bring her home, coaxing her towards him on a ragged plea. 

A second passes. Two. Skyler had always brandished pain  like a weapon, teeth bared in challenge at anything that dare hurt her. Spitting blood and waging war, because that was better than crashing against the shore.

But here is no war she can win. Here is no battle she can face without losing more than she's willing to. Faced with a whispered plea, the captain's belligerence drains away with single ragged breath that rattles down her throat. 

Shields crumble to hint at the devastation beneath, swiftly gone as leans down to follow Angelo's call to the safe haven of his embrace. Exhaustion lines her eyes and lingers in the languorous stupor of her movements as she fits into his side - exactly where she belongs.

Silently marvelling at the rise and fall of his chest.

"You were dying last night." Skyler's head lifts to face ocean blue, a calloused hand raising to cradle the side of his face. "Dying, Angel." 

And, with it, half of her world. He's an unfinished story she never wants to see the end of, not while she lives.

That she'd dragged him back with single-minded focus, that she'd held on tooth and nail till exhaustion unwillingly pulled her under, goes unsaid. The lengths she'd go for him are reflected in the devastantingly soft brush of her lips on his.

Beyond Skyler and Angelo's own personal bubble, others are made aware of the rise of voices. A slow creak reveals a green blob bearing yet another tray of cookies, the hopeful look on his face blooming into a full-blown squeak. A couple of cookies fall on the floor from sheer excitement alone.

Jolly takes those for herself, the tapping of her tail pausing as she peers over the foot of the bed.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
united, you and i [c]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 21:03:06 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Angelo's undoing is quiet.

Tilted walls propped up by straining beams he'd carefully placed felled in the end by but a single ragged breath - Skyler's devastation his ruination.

He was meant to bring her back the stars - not this.

Arms are there to meet her when Skyler crumbles. Pushing through resisting, lethargic muscles to draw her tightly against him with all the bone-aching relief of a drowning man, found.

I'm here. I'm not going anywhere.” He repeats on raw, emotion jagged exhales against the top of her head. Reassurances that he still draws breath not only for the woman in his tight embrace.

And for a time, Angelo is fulfilled just to simply hold his world close. Admiring the simple treasure of her breath tickling his skin and the soothing scent of the sea, ever entangled in golden curls, washing over him.

Lovingly encouraging him with the whisper of tides, thrumming against flush chests, to let go.

You're home. You're home.

By the time calloused hands gently frame his face, prying him to return to orbiting shivering silver, his cheeks have long been dampened with hushed tears.

I... I know.

Words fail him, throat ironically dry while ocean blues now swim, drowned in the depths of their shared heartbreak of something irreplaceable near lost.

A hand finds Skyler's face, thumb tracing the dark ring beneath a tired eye, remembering the ethereal glow that had framed her in halos on thinly grasped memories.

But you were there, Sky.” He utters rapt against the brush of a salt-stained kiss, painfully soft with the swell of mystified gratitude crashing against his chest. “You brought me home.

You didn't let me go.

He kisses her again. And again. To her cheek and forehead. Each one taking to her skin with wordless adoration.

There would never be enough time - nor enough stolen trinkets in the sky - to show Skyler how much he cherished her existence.

Especially not when there are those on the side-lines, unable to withhold their affections any longer, bedsprings straining beneath the weight of a portly Feraligatr and a frantic Gulpin...

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
united, you and i [c]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 9:44:59 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"You brought me home."

Hadn't she promised him as much, back when confessions had stalled behind closed lips? Even at the dawn of their budding romance, hadn't she known that to follow the constellations in his eyes would mean finding her way back home?

Devotion is whispered in a salt-stained kiss, ghosted over the familiar shape of his lips. "I promised you I would, didn't I?" A quiet, wet laugh trembles past the tight knot in her throat, voice cracking under the weight of emotion. "We belong to each other, Angel. Death will have to pry you from my cold, dead hands." Or not at all, is left unsaid.

The sun had yet to set over their story, and Skyler would do her damnedest to make sure it wouldn't, not yet. She wanted to watch wrinkles grow on his face, wanted to grow her own alonside him.

Anything else is unacceptable.

When a calloused thumb rasps softly over her skin, Skyler releases a shaky sigh and gently leans into it like a Sunflora chasing after sunlight. Only when she blinks do the gathered tears trail down her face, which she uselessly attempts to brush away. 

It's like this that their loved ones find them. 

The smell of baked goods preludes a dip in the mattress, and Skyler rolls slightly to the side to make space for a trembling blob of green. Half of the cookies failed to survive Sammy's jump onto the bed, but he doesn't seem bothered about it. The small cookie tray is all but shoved in their direction right before a miserable, squeaky sob emanates from the pokemon. 

"Sammy?" The captain reaches her arm out to the Gulpin, and it proves enough encouragement for the tray to be all but forgotten. Skyler's eyes widen briefly and a soft 'oof' is breathed out as Sammy all but tackles them. Muffled sobs quickly follow. 

"Hey, it's okay..."

Jolly's tail thumps on the floor when she approaches Angelo's side of the bed, sneaking a few cookies in before setting her jaw on the mattress and looking up at the pilot with the most puppy-dog eyes she could muster.

Far more subtle, a feline shape hops onto the mattress. Coarse fur rasps over Angelo's and Skyler's legs as Dorado curls up at their feet. Another pair of Angelo's shoes has miraculously joined the first.
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
united, you and i [c]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 21:10:28 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
His neck bends as a trembling, wet laugh of reverence mixes with her own, leaning himself willingly into her gravity to press his forehead against hers. Remaining there longer than for just that single moment Skyler had wished for, over his broken body.

Death wouldn't dare, sunshine. We stay together. Always.

Tears are caught on his thumb as Angelo caresses, commits to memory again as if lovingly etching over their initials long engraved on a tree, the beloved angles of her damp cheekbone.

I love you.

Angelo knew it needn't be said. It was no secret. But more than anything, as the emotions overflowed dewy-eyed from them both, he wanted to tell her.

He wanted to tell her for years to come and watch the love returned in the softening of smelting silver.

That that had almost been stolen from them, is unforgiveable.

Lips are taking to Skyler's forehead when their loved ones descend.

Angelo's expression twists into something soft, apologetic even, as he carefully turns to meet the trembling, green creature that jumps onto the bed.

There's my cookie angel,” an arm extends towards the Gulpin, encouraging him close with a comforting smile and a reassurance that his stress baking had not gone unnoticed. 

Angelo had always been weak of heart to when his puckered lips start to wobble.

In a blink, his assistant launches himself between them. Angelo wraps an arm around Skyler and Sammy both, squeezing them to make a Gulpin sandwich. “Hey now, Sam. We're okay, see?

He stays there for a little bit, wet Gulpin lips nuzzling into his neck, while Sammy sobs.

When he feels as if its safe to slip his arm away, Angelo turns enough to catch sight of big ol' dark eyes staring up at him. Jolly resting her head on the bed with an expectant flutter of her eyelids.

Fingertips are helpless to reach out and scratch the scales beneath the Feraligatr's chin. “Hey, beautiful. You been workin' hard, keeping watch for us?” 

As if taking this as a sign to join the cuddle, Jolly puts her front claws on the mattress, oblivious to her own stature as the springs painfully groan beneath her weight.

Woah! No. No. Back up, Jolly.

A disturbed hiss mixes into the lively din, bleeding through the open bedroom door and into the apartment...

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
united, you and i [c]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 16:15:07 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"I love you too, Angel." It feels like a confession every time Skyler says it, coated in an awed sort of reverence. She keeps its truth close to her chest like a jealously guarded secret, as if sharing it with the world would make it a little less hers. Theirs. 

Skyler had never been very good at sharing. The good or the bad.

No, these particular words are for Angelo's ears alone. 

Sammy's wailing opens the floodgates to other concerned pokemon, uncaring for the unhappy groan of the mattress as they pile atop it. Jolly is by far the most enthusiastic, and even with Angelo's admonishments she manages to flop her upper half onto the bed, head tilted just enough to ask for more pets - and maybe snag another cookie while at it.

Dorado is the unfortunate collateral damage in this struggle, a furious hiss interrupted when Jolly's tail all but shoves him from the bed and onto the ground. In typical feline fashion, he doesn't let go of it, claws sinking in as he's thumped over and over against the floor.

Alarmed, Skyler stretches slightly to peer over the edge of the bed. 

It's about this time that the door to the bedroom slams open, revealing the portly shape of one Mr Dross. His hand immediately reaches to cover his eyes, and by proxy half of his face. Behind him, the tall shapes of Clarabelle and Johnny push him slightly into the room, clearly wanting to go in. 

"Honeybee, champ! I-uh, I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" 

As if afraid some unholy vision would greet his eyes, Mr Dross fearfully peeks from the space between his fingers. It proves enough to reveal the dark half-circles under tired brown eyes. 

"I- uh, I brought tea! It's that special blend I grow in my garden, you know the one. Can't tell your mom, honeybee! She'll kill me if she knows. It's not really the legal kind of thing, but it's said to be good for, y'know, injuries and those sorts of things- ah..."

He trails off, and Skyler doesn't think she imagines the slight wobble of her father's lip. 
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
united, you and i [c]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 22:26:58 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
What was once an apartment locked in the cruel grip of a foreboding fog, cold weight of uncertainty smothering the conscious occupants, now clears with a chorus of chaos.

It's as if the Sotally Tober releases a collective sigh of relief at the sound of its stirring residents. Alive. Feeling more and more like something akin to comforting old normalcy, when shallow breaths and hushed heartfelt reunions rapidly descend into wild hisses and shouts of amused alarm.

Like the bustling home they knew and loved.

Idiota, you're not going to fit,” his voice comes out scratchy when Jolly flops her head into his lap, quiet from the fatigue that clings hazily to his bones and yet affection smooths the rough edges.

While scratching Jolly's scales, making no attempt to shove her off, his fingers reach for Skyler's own, seeking the reassurance of a physical connection when he'd near been plucked from her...

There's only a lull in the ruckus when the door all but crashes open, handle colliding into the wall in a dramatic entrance that would no doubt leave a mark in the plaster.

Everyone's surprised sights turn as Clarabelle, Johnny and Mr Dross enter. Save for the Dreepy cuddled on Angelo's jacket. They continue to prove that babies, could in fact, sleep through an earthquake.

Angelo's poor father-in-law looked like he needed the special blend more than they did...

Archi. Hey. I'd have said 'come in'... but I guess Johnny and Clarabelle kinda beat us to it.

Gingerly, Angelo sits up in the bed with an intentional smile, dimmed from fatigue. He wipes away the wet trails on his face with the back of his hand.

Actually... A drink sounds really good. Thanks.

He hadn't realised just how dry his throat was, although his stomach flips a little at the idea of eating just yet.

Did you, uh, want a cookie? They have Jolly's seal of approval.

They didn't help with injuries like the 'special tea' but Angelo hopes the plate of treats, baked by their dear ol' Sammy, would ward off the wobble on Mr Dross's bottom lip.

Somehow, it's a sadder sight than the Gulpin sniffling in between himself and Skyler.

Guilt mingles amongst the overflowing pool of love that fills Angelo's chest for his family that had gathered here. Sweet like the scent of baked goods, tangled with the saltiness of tears...

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
united, you and i [c]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 14:18:31 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
The lively chaos chases away at the ghosts of would-have-beens and what-ifs. The cold reality they'd been forced to face last night quieted for the moment as warmth trickles in, loved ones - human and pokemon alike - squishing into the room without a care for the limited space within.

Her father doesn't know how close they'd been to tragedy last night. Despite the blood, Mr Dross isn't aware of how death had brushed an icy dread down the back of her spine - how the stars had nearly been stolen from a beloved blue gaze. She's reminded of it in the barely concealed devastation in her father's eyes, breaking past a flimsy surface of relief.

Angelo reaches for her, and Skyler doesn't have to think before entwining her fingers with his own, filling the empty spaces between his fingers with her own and squeezing.

"...Papa?"

"Right! Tea! I will- will bring you some. One of my best secret batches, I tell you. Got a little special something in there too. Unique blend. Will sort you out right away - I promise." The wobble of Mr Dross's lip becomes more noticeable, and he attempts to bring his composure together by clearing his throat. It catches halfway on a swell of emotion, however - right before it spills over.

A blink is all the reaction Skyler gets before Mr Dross surges forward to catch Angelo and herself in a bear hug, with unfortunate Sammy squeezed somewhere in the middle. His little squeaks of protest are muffled by the absolute unit that is Mr Dross as he gently squeezes the couple in a heartfelt hug. Was that a sob?

"I thought I lost you, honeybee." The whisper breaks Skyler's heart anew, and she squeezes her eyes shut as she fiercely returns the embrace. "You too, champ. Can't be losing my favorite son-in-law now."

Johnny and Clarabelle peek out from behind Mr Dross's wide back, confused at the pile of human and pokemon alike.

"You didn't, papa. We're still here." What else could she tell him? That danger had knocked at their door, that all their attempts to remain neutral had been for naught? That they would be caught in the crossfire whether they wanted to or not?

It wasn't in hers or Angelo's nature to stand there and do nothing. In the end, whatever promises her parents forced out of her would eventually become lies.

The mattress creaks ominously when Mr Dross leans back, sniffing piteously like a puppy-eyed Growlithe. A hand reaches out for a cookie, unknowingly swiping it from a gluttonous Jolly. A second one quickly follows, then a third.

Eventually tea would be had. Mr Dross would worry and fuss over them. After some convincing, he'd return home with the promise of returning on the morrow with more of his special blends.

The sunset casts an amber glow over the kitchen when Skyler and Angelo make their way over, dislodging the mountains of baked goods in order to sit down.
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
united, you and i [c]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 18:42:33 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Somehow, hearing those broken, tiny words from Mr Dross hurts more than the sting of his wound as he's pulled into a tight embrace.

Gnawing, raw guilt is a funny thing...

We'll be fine.” An arm reaches around his father-in-law, squeezing as tight as his tired muscles allowed. As if in silent apology. For then and now.

Not goin' to lose me to an accident.

Angelo had always been fond of Skyler's sweet, Ursaring of a father and yet lies still coat his tongue as smooth as the honey bears are rumoured to seek.

There was no way he could tell the gentle giant the truth. That declarations of war had come to their family's doorstep, neutrality defiled with blood under fingernails and promises carved in flesh.

It wouldn't be the first time Angelo had lied. Certainly wouldn't be the last. As Skyler would soon find out, when he later recounts his tale once the apartment becomes theirs again.

Before then, they spend time with Mr Dross. Drinking tea. Reassuring him with generous amounts of cookies and conversation, until they bid him fond farewell. Until tomorrow.

Angelo then dips momentarily outside to attend to Latios and Latias, checking on the pair with about as much concern as they had for him. When they pull away from one another, honeyed eyes swimming in guilt do not go unnoticed.

It's sunset when the pilot finally sits down to retell his story of the evening prior, both he and Skyler painted in its burnt orange glow. Angry light to match the sole, bloodied evidence of identity in the middle of the kitchen table - a patch emblazed with a deep red 'R'.

I didn't see who it was,” his eyes are fixed on the Team Rocket sigil after recounting the events. There's fire in them, even as he slouches tiredly forward onto his elbows. “Mask. Ambush plan. Whoever it was, they came prepared...

Angelo's lips are pressed thin as he looks across the table, grim with the acknowledgement that a sharp shift in the wind had just occurred.