Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POWER STRUGGLE
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 1:03:17 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

It'd been a month since the reporter had last tromped down the waxed tiles of the prestigious pokemon league. Between her conversation with and her interview with , there were far too many thoughts now racking up in her head, and far too little time to focus on the importance of today's meeting.
[break][break]

"Councilman Black is ready to see you."
[break][break]

With those words straggling to keep up with her, Penelope kept charging forward to his door.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
POWER STRUGGLE
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 6:53:31 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
gabriel waits inside, seated at his desk. even seated as he was he was a mountain of a man, his outline framed by the backdrop of a massive city beyond. he looked every bit the king of these people, one-armed or otherwise. his gaze lifts slowly as enters the room.
[break][break]
"ms. livy. a pleasure. please, sit." he doesn't move to stand or offer any other pleasantries, but heels tap the polished grey hardwood behind the reporter, leading towards a far off bar before wandering back out the door and closing it behind them.
[break][break]
"you have good news, i suspect."
[break][break]
it wasn't a question.

[attr="class","notes"][break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POWER STRUGGLE
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 17:56:30 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Good thing she had an answer.
[break][break]
"I finished the article."
[break][break]
The bare minimum for this meeting, she had assumed, but it was a victory nonetheless. Something to sweeten the blow. Taking her seat in front of his desk, the woman instantly fell into her habitual posture; crossed legs, elbow propped on the right armrest, body weight unevenly proportioned to the right.
[break][break]
"Let me know what you think."
[break][break]
Leaning forward, she placed the laminated stack of paper on the desk, sliding it forward with the light push of her index finger. There, printed in times 12 new roman ink, was the article describing the events that had unfolded when was originally attacked by the masked rocket (), as well as something new. Something the councilman wouldn't have expected to see -- not unless he was psychic.
[break][break]
It mentioned the reporter's conversation with Xerneas.
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
POWER STRUGGLE
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 23:38:23 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
it didn't take decades of experience in business and people reading to know penelope had something up her sleeve. but, it certainly helps.
[break][break]
this was something that could've easily been dropped off on the desk outside, or better yet emailed. the game was clear, the motives were not. so, as fitting for a councilman, he lets her stew for a minute or two as he finishes his work. finally, setting down the pen, he reaches for the paper.
[break][break]
silence stretches as gabriel engulfs himself in the reporter's work. can, if she's perceptive enough (and likely she's waiting for the moment itself), notice his eyes narrow and nostrils flare. no doubt he'd come upon the extra information. finally he speaks, releasing a deep breath.
[break][break]
"i see you've been busy."

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POWER STRUGGLE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 0:09:11 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The councilman's intuition was right; there was a game to be played.
[break][break]
"It's hard not to be," She chuckled, lips quirking into a satisfied smile, "With things the way they are, there's always something worth investing some time into."
[break][break]
A pawn moved forward, a secondary action to his own. Now it was his turn again, and she wondered: what would his next move be?
[break][break]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
POWER STRUGGLE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 0:19:01 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
the chair groans beneath his shifting weight, gabriel pushing himself to a fully upright position. fingers thrum an even tune against the leather of his armrest, gaze pointed but placid. the space between them widens into a chasm beneath his silence.
[break][break]
contemplation makes way for action. he speaks, voice low and gravely, a trace of exhaustion bleeding in from a full days work.
[break][break]
"you've left things out of your report." an accusation. a statement. there's no hostility, no anger. his voice is an even tempo.
[break][break]
"explain."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POWER STRUGGLE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 0:56:13 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

So that's how it is.
[break][break]

The squeal of leather slipped from under her weight as she straightened herself up against the chair's back, hands folding together at her lap. Tension thickened the air between them, cold and heavy, that even a single match could set things awry. But the reporter was used to this -- used to the pressure that came from dancing toe-to-toe against a politician, a councilman.
[break][break]

"I can't publish a dissertation, councilman. Some things had to be cut." Another smile, laced with sickly sweetness and political fortitude. "Anyways, I had to make room for some recent development."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
POWER STRUGGLE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 15:45:22 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
gabriel's gaze is wilting as it presses upon the reporter, but, it does not last long. pointed, and heavy as it normally was, he settles into something more casual.[break][break]

"let's dispense with these games," gabriel says evenly, leaning to rest his head into the flat of his fist.
[Break][break]
motion stirs, followed my a small whistling yawn, as a massive pyroar steps out from being gabriel's desk. the flames of its mane licked lazily at the air around it, and was a mix of colors unlike what its species usually displayed.
[Break][break]
listless, it stares lazily at penelope.
[Break][break]
"speak."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POWER STRUGGLE
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 22:58:38 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

How boring.
[break][break]
Penelope's gaze hovered over the impassive pyroar. Its maw - widened by a yawn - earned a moment of her attention.
[break][break]
"Alright then." Her eyes flicked back over to the councilman, dulled by the course of their conversation. "As you can see," She gestured towards the laminated stack of papers with the wave of her hand, "there's been a development in the case."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
POWER STRUGGLE
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 3:12:42 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
her words do her no credit. when he tasked her with finding this masked figure (), it was simply an information gathering exercise. to know that she had not only spoken to him, but the creature to which he is bound?
[break][break]
it was certainly interesting.
[break][break]
"quite a development. it's not everyday someone speaks to a God and they speak right back."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POWER STRUGGLE
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 20:14:36 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I was surprised, too," She laughed. The end of it held a tinge of bitterness, though. "And disheartened."
[break][break]

Penelope was never religious. How could she be with Gods willingly bonding with known criminals for, what she would consider, hypocritical reasons? They didn't deserve her time, much less her faith.
[break][break]

Sighing, she pulled back a strain of hair behind her ear. "What do you make of his reasoning?"
[break][break]

It would've been clearly stated within the document.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
POWER STRUGGLE
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 20:35:12 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
gabriel didn't feel the same as she did. perhaps it was the wisdom of experience, or the fact he looked at every situation from the worst outcome possible. regardless, this was along the lines of expectations, even if it had come sooner than he anticipated.
[break][break]
"it lacks substance, but, when you hold the power over life — it doesn't need to." he reads the section again, then once more, committing it to memory. "it's allegiances are already accounted for, regardless." his heavy gaze look up from the draft and back towards penelope.
[break][break]
"what of this 'wolf' figure?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POWER STRUGGLE
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 1:52:22 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

A sigh wrestled out her lips. Penelope wasn't as satisfied with this grim reality they found themselves settled in. Striving for a better future, hope, the good of both humanity and Pokémon -- those were what kept her running forward. To witness such a blatant defiance against this outlook on life, it hurt more than she would've liked to admit.
[break][break]
"I don't have much more information than before," the sentence burned the back of her throat. For someone praised for her ability of retrieving intel, this was a sore topic to discuss. "Though, something tells me he wouldn't be hard to lock down, especially given his reckless tendencies."
[break][break]
She took a brief pause before moving to amend her assessment. "With another avatar, I mean. I suspect his newfound powers will have him feeling invincible. But, with another avatar adding to the mix, it wouldn't take long to lure him out and apprehend him."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
POWER STRUGGLE
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 3:23:57 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
he's silent, soaking the information in like a sponge. he'd at first been ready to suggest throwing at the masked figure (), but his allegiance to the titan of earth was still a mystery.
[break][break]
perhaps he'd speak to him on the side.
[break][break]
"we need to find out what it is he's looking for," gabriel adds finally, eyes narrowing slightly in both irritation, and concentration. mindlessly he rolls the pad of his thumb across the length of all four of his other fingers.
[break][break]
"i do not want to put an avatar's attention to this just yet. this mutt does not deserve one of the league's best."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POWER STRUGGLE
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 5:09:16 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Twitches of disagreement spread across the reporter's cordial features, turning them nearly cold with doubt.
[break][break]
Maybe it wasn't the best idea to question the opinion of a councilman, and possibly sour current ties, but inwardly, she couldn't resist the urge to probe.
[break][break]
"Why not?" Her fingers curled around the heads of the two armrests. "The faster he's apprehended, the less damage he can cause. And wouldn't the safest way to deal with an avatar would be another avatar?"
[break][break]
It might've been presumption, but if there was a reasoning behind his decisive decision, she wanted to know.
[break][break]