lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
swelter [m]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 4:33:28 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

if she didn't know any better, she'd think that he was traumatized. by.. his sister's cooking. [break][break]

but based on what she's heard, both sisters seem to be horrible cooks. it's oddly relatable when she thinks back to her father's cooking (there's a reason she learned how to cook on her own, and it was to pre herself from the atrocious concoctions that the man makes in the kitchen. dad always said that cooking was like science, but clearly, he was reckless all the same). [break][break]

it's not a happy memory, but probably the tamest. [break][break]

".. that sounds like my father's cooking." he already knows about him - or at least, knows of her identity now. he already guessed right. he'll connect the dots. "he treated cooking like a science project. so it was either.. i'd cook for myself, or i'd eat charcoal." he's holding back a shudder, and she's unrestrained with it. "i can still taste the bitterness, arceus have mercy.."

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
swelter [m]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 1:12:45 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

Faux as it was, an oddly realistic sounding gag escaped his lips.[break]
Shameless. Unrestrained. It had almost been as if it was a genuine reaction.[break][break]

The only thing to betray the belief had been the smile that only seemed to tug wider upon hearing as such from her, all while a chuckle escaped him. He clicked his tongue a couple times while setting the skewers he’d readied within another container for safe keeping towards the side of the table, lifting his gaze to eye her from the corner of his eye once more.[break][break]

”Ahhhh. So you’re a victim, toom” he mused, pursing his lips. ”It’s really the kinda taste that comes back pretty vividly even if you just think about it, isn’t it~?”

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
swelter [m]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 6:46:14 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

his light-heated reaction brings a small smile to her lips. [break][break]

keyword: small, only because it's made her think of her father's horrid cooking again. you'd think that charcoal would just taste like charcoal, and somehow the man was able to make it taste even worse than that. if there's one thing she's grateful for, it's that his absence has freed her tastebuds.[break][break]

"don't remind me." disgust is expressed via her tongue sticking out, slightly, and her brows scrunch in memory "disgusting. it was horrible. he's the reason i've become such a picky eater." or.. not exactly, but he's the reason she learned how to cook. it's not her fault that she's a lot better at cooking than the average person. [break][break]

she finishes up her part of the skewers, and with that, raises a clean hand to wipe the sweat off her face, tugging the eyepatch off while brushing the longer bangs out of her face, over her head. the sun hits her face, and she raises to face the sun. it's warm, and refreshing, so she takes a deep breath to say "although because of hat, i've learned how to make a couple of palette cleaners." then she opens her eyes again, turning her attention so she can face him properly with a small smile.[break][break]

"if you need any, i can pass some over to you next time i cook."

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
swelter [m]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 2:32:53 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

”Oh dear God, yes, please.” The words left his lips unceremoniously, twined beneath a blanket of laughter as the smile he wore remained ever visible. A faint scrunch of nose had instinctively made itself visible, as well, and the chuckles had swiftly transitioned into a soft, groaning sigh of amusement and exasperation alike as he set another skewer aside. ”I love my family to the ends of the earth, but it’s just…so, so horrible, sometimes…”[break][break]

He stared at the remaining meat before shuddering softly, the grin upon his face growing as broader as it did wry.[break][break]

”I can never have the heart to tell them how bad it is~...” he sighed, glancing towards a roll of paper towers before tearing one off. ”I can’t tell what’s worse, sometimes— not being able to say anything, or seeing the realization when they taste things for themselves…”

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
swelter [m]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 6:59:44 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"oh, tell me about it.." [break][break]

the familial love and sentiment isn't shared, but she can understand not wanting to say anything out of consideration. though her father was never the best person, nothing could ever stop him from wearing such a grin on his face when he held out a tray of.. what ever monstrosity he conjured up to feed her. "sometimes it would be overcooked, or it'd be undercooked, or there wouldn't be enough sauce, or a different kind of ingredient would be used.." she prattles on, skewering another piece of meat through the rod "or when he feels like experimenting, he'll come up with the most offensive palette i've ever tasted." [break][break]

"have you ever tried a bean and egg pizza with lemon slices on it?" she shudders at the memory, visibly that time. she has to shut her eyes as the shiver is finished crawling up her spine, and she narrows her eyes. "if you ever catch yourself unable to wash the taste of horrible food," she starts, humming with a small smile tugged at her lips ".. i guess you can come over to clean your palate." then she sets the skewer aside. [break][break]

"just bring regulus, so deno can play with him." she sighs, reaching over to tug at a piece from the paper towel roll "and tell me what foods you like eating. having good food after a palate cleanser usually makes it more bearable into the morning."

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
swelter [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 19:47:33 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

He’d only barely begun to wipe his hands off by the time her words met his ears.[break]
Before long, the distant horizon had found itself the lucky receiver to a thousand-yard stare as the description processed itself within his mind.[break][break]

A contorted look of what could only have been assumed to be confusion and disgust had also etched itself upon his face, brows furrowing as a smile laced with vague concern tugged upon his lips. A soft, ”Huh,” escaped him as he paused for little more than a moment before continuing to clean his hands.[break][break]

”That…sounds absolutely atrocious,” he said eventually, the words oddly paired with such a pleasantly confident tone that seemed to do nothing but contrast them. He inhaled deeply whilst tossing the quickly crumpled towelette into a nearby trash bag. ”That being said, I’ll just pretend I didn’t just hear you describe that, and I’ll just instead say…yes.[break][break]

Though still overridden with an amalgamation of concern, confusion, and disgust, the smile upon his lips broadened faintly.[break][break]

”I’ll…gladly take you up on that offer if I need to. Yes~.”

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
swelter [m]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 6:50:42 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"it was atrocious." [break][break]

the memory recalled isn't a fond one, but a small smile is brought to her lips when she sees the expression of disgust and confusion, that leads into a smile. that's not an expression she sees from him every day, especially when he seems more like the type to be amused or suppress the less than savoury expressions under an unreadable smile, or a sprightly tone. [break][break]

so instead, she snickers in response. her hands wiped clean from the cooking effort before being dropped into the trash bin as she walks by. "let me know in advance, then." she speaks with a small smile, followed by a hum. "it's not often i get to see that disgusted expression from you." she hums, pointing to her cheek with a coy smile to her lips, saying "you'd better not make that same expression to your sister~"

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
swelter [m]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 3:49:25 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

”God, I’d never…” he laughed, suddenly exasperated. ”As much as I’d rather be honest, I never have the heart to do anything like that— not when she’s so eager to improve and provide…”[break][break]

He spared her another glance—a continuously exasperated one, but that was beside the point—before sighing with a smile, shaking his head and nodding across the way to several other company members looking for help with their own preparations.[break][break]

”I’ll keep it in mind, though— but until then, how about you give those guys a hand~?” he mused, furrowing his brows in some degree of faux, amused concern. ”Still got a bit more to do with food prep duty. Sooner we get everything else set up, the sooner we can start cooking.”

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
swelter [m]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2023 2:54:35 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"shame." [break][break]

is all she says in response, humming softly as she turns her eyes towards a few of the other workers. They looked like they were.. struggling? Or maybe they were struggling with the sheer volume of food that they were all trying to prepare before the big meal. It was supposed to be a relatively large event for the workers, anyhow, but it still baffles her to see so much care being put into a casual outing. [break][break]

"what are they...?" she starts, squinting at one of the people in the group who picked up a bottle of.. lotion? Why was he holding it over the m-- "oh god no--" and she immediately picks up the pace, rushing on over to grab the bottle of sunscreen before they realize.. it wasn't some other condiment.

[break]
END

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,749 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
swelter [m]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 3:34:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven