Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
I Need To Be More Than Me
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2022 23:53:07 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Again. It had happened again. And this time, in the time it took for him to get his head screwed back on, far more than him paid the price. If it wasn't for the fact that he had to come into work today, Isaac didn't think he could even face Zev. But he had to. And that meant, for once, he had to take a page out of Zev's book.[break][break]

He pushed through the workday with a big smile on his face, because he had to distract from the light missing in his eyes. He listened intently to the stories of the patrons, because they were something else his brain could cling onto to keep his own thoughts at bay. He worked with twice the speed and efficiency as usual, because the last thing he wanted was to give Zev a reason to ask what was up.[break][break]

Part of him wanted to speed out the door as soon as shift was over. Another part of him wanted to dump everything on Zev, despite damn well knowing that the man wouldn't care. A third part of him didn't even want to be in this dilemma in the first place. And in that third part there were so many other facets; the one that thought it was an injustice that he was even on that mission in the first place, the one that wanted to be stronger so it would never happen again, the one that didn't even want to exist right now.[break][break]

Perhaps there was an option. MAGMA. An initiative researching Pokemon to the fullest of their capabilities. It wanted the abnormal, the anomalous, those that some said shouldn't even exist. To some it may have sounded farfetched. But in his brief time with Rocket, how much had Isaac already seen? He'd had an all too close encounter with the Mew-Man. He'd caught a Pokemon that had been tainted with primal energy. He'd seen Pokemon that should have been the subject of myth toddling along after small children and fashionistas. The impossible was impossible. The unreal was real. And it existed all around him.[break][break]

Maybe through their training, he could harness that power. Maybe if he could harness it, he'd stop being too scared, too cautious, too weak to make a difference. But intent wasn't everything. Intent needed to be backed up with action. Action needed to be backed up with growth. And there was only one way to grow.[break][break]

Maybe this was why, after work, Isaac approached Zev with a resolve he never knew he possessed. "I want to battle."[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]430 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 10:27:09 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Zev had just finished the last task to close the bar and was about to head home when Isaac approached him with this demand. Not a request, a demand. They were the only two employees left in Howling — everyone else had gone home already — so the stare Zev leveled at Isaac was not of an employer deciding what to do with an employee. It was the stare of a black-hearted killer deciding what to do with his accidental protégé.

"If you want a battle, go challenge a gym," Zev replied at last, heading for the back door with the intent to lock up. He assumed Isaac would follow. After all, he couldn't lock the younger man in the bar all morning.

"I'm not a trainer," Zev continued as he stepped out into the alleyway behind Howling. "My Pokémon do very specific things for me."

Specifically, he used them to help him murder people.

NOTES
+ Social (The M.A.G.M.A. Division)
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 12:01:53 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I'd do that if all I needed was to play softball with a League official," Isaac said. Gym leaders never put their whole backbone into any of these. Otherwise, Little Jimmy's first adventure would be halted by the mass of eight Elite Four quality trainers standing in his way. Badges were the main way around that, and taking the entire gym challenge just to get one proper fight seemed ill-advised.[break][break]

Nonetheless, he followed Zev, both helping him lock up for the night and listening to the man's reasoning. "You're strong, though," Isaac protested. "And you're someone I know I can-" Isaac bit his tongue here. There were a lot of words that could have followed this up. Some fit very well. Others couldn't fit more poorly. "Trust" fell hard into the latter of those categories. He felt many ways about Zev. He knew him well enough to know trust should never be one of them. "-approach."[break][break]

He took in a sharp intake of air as his thoughts swirled around his mind. There were quite a few Rockets he could go to for help getting stronger. There was a small selection he already have. But right now, there was only one he wanted to test himself against. "Besides, I . . . I need this right now," he admitted. "I can't say why, but. I do. Badly. So . . ."[break][break]

"Please?"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]430 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 12:22:27 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
The staring continued, that dispassionate gaze that scrutinized Isaac for his hidden motivations. But instead of pressing the matter, Zev glanced first down one direction of the alley, then the other. Satisfied that no one was going to approach them at two o'clock in the morning, even with the night market in full swing just a few blocks away, he stepped into the middle of the narrow road and beckoned for Isaac to take position opposite him.

"Fine," Zev said, pulling out his cigarettes and putting one between his lips. "Two out of three wins."

He had more important things to do that night, but a three-Pokémon battle shouldn't take that long. Zev lit his cigarette first, exhaling a puff of smoke, then chose a Pokéball from his belt. His Infernape emerged in a flash of light, a plume of flame flowing from his head and illuminating that section of the alley.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 13:20:46 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Zev would see determination born of desperation shining in Isaac's eyes. Something had clearly rattled him, to the point where he even half admitted as once. It was the same look he had in his eyes the first night they met, but different. Instead of actively unraveling in front of Zev, Isaac was fighting with all his life to hold himself together. For the first time since then, the cracks ran deeper and spread more widely. However, they were being held together by focus and intent instead of being allowed to drift further apart.[break][break]

Isaac was a kintsugi waiting to happen. He just needed to find the gold in between.[break][break]

Perhaps it was that drive that convinced Zev to give this battle a try. More likely, he saw a chance to handpick the gold that bound these cracks together. Isaac knew the dynamic between them was weighted heavily in the favor of a man who should not be allowed to hold this many cards. But he was useful, and he was willing, and he was dependable. So long as Isaac stubbornly clung to himself, who was he to turn down training in his own personal hell?[break][break]

The first Pokemon he released from his ball was an Eevee. She had a close encounter with the Mew-Man, both lending her meager power to his own and having . . . something done to her by the strange Pokemon. There didn't seem to be any side effects, impacts, or even remaining traces of that day. But she was Isaac's closest link to the strange. That meant she needed to be just as ready as he was.[break][break]

Not that she'd be fighting today. Instead, she scampered up Isaac's shoulder as he released another Pokemon. This one was a potential glimpse into her future, a ruffian of a Jolteon wearing a cocky smirk. "Alright, Vivi. You watch and learn, okay?" Isaac said, the Eevee nodding intently in return.[break][break]

The Jolteon, Ivan, strutted up and down the alley, sizing his foe up. After a few appraising glances, he snapped into action, kicking a torrent of rubble and silt towards the Infernape's eyes. This was equal parts to disorient and to distract; even if the cloud didn't directly hit the Infernape, it would provide cover as Ivan surged for his gut in a dazzlingly fast Quick Attack.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 13:47:41 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
The Jolteon struck with blazing speed. Zev's Infernape flew backward several feet but landed on his feet, drawing scorch marks in the asphalt with his fingers and toes as he went.

Zev didn't even blink. He merely waited for the primate to catch himself before ordering, "Subdue it quickly."

Infernape launched himself at the Jolteon, fangs bared in aggression. Pivoting mid-lunge, he knocked the Electric-type's legs out from under it with a LOW SWEEP. Then he jumped back, his mouth full of fire, and unleashed a FLAMETHROWER.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 14:15:10 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The Low Sweep was a direct hit. Ivan was left tumbling to the ground as his forelimbs were taken out from under him. Quadrupeds were a lot harder to destabilize in full than bipeds, but the Infernape was powerful enough to make it happen. Even as the Jolteon tried to push itself back up, its legs were somewhat shaky from the fresh hit.[break][break]

Bad timing. It was hard to get your bearings when a Flamethrower was heading right towards you. "Hurry, out of the way!" Isaac called. Ivan tried his best to oblige, but the Low Sweep was already taking its toll. Instead of streaking away like a lightning bolt, the Jolteon instead stumbled as quickly as it could. While it was able to avoid being bathed in flame, it did take a hard hit in the process. Sweat gathered on its brow from exertion and overheating alike, and the black patterns on its fur were now mirrored by singe marks.[break][break]

Ivan was no quitter, though. As Isaac ran from the flame, he tossed his mane to and fro in agitation. With each shake, a barrage of quills shot outward, firing in wide, rapid spreads towards Infernape's current position. While he was too busy running to aim properly, quantity was a quality of its own. Would these Pin Missiles slow the Infernape down?[break][break]

Or would they just serve as another distraction as Ivan backed further and further away from Infernape? As soon as he'd disengaged enough to build up a running start, he pivoted from running back to charging forward. After a few seconds he leaped gracefully into the air, aiming a bucking Double Kick for the Infernape as he tried to sail past.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 14:35:40 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
The Infernape leaped, dodging the volley of quills that rained down. The primate was not actually built for strength but speed; his lean physique and long limbs gave him a nimbleness that larger, heavier beasts did not possess.

But the Jolteon was, admittedly, faster. The DOUBLE KICK came flying right at Zev's Infernape. There was only one solution: hit first.

Cranking an arm back, the Infernape balled his hand into a solid fist, ducked under the kick, and struck upward at the Jolteon's exposed belly for a MACH PUNCH.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 14:51:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Ivan was always so assured in his position of fastest thing alive. This fight was a sobering reminder that there was always another mountain to climb. Maybe if the Low Sweep hadn't hampered his speed. Maybe if he had been a little more aware, a little less cocky. Maybe if the rolling flame hadn't hampered his approach, given him the pressure to end it now or be overwhelmed.[break][break]

But maybes were the future. In the present, one twisting fist in the gut and it was over. First point went to Zev.[break][break]

"You did good out there, Ivan," Isaac assured the Jolteon, who shot Isaac an exhausted grin as he slumped against the floor. He was way too wheezy and dazed to fight any further. Slowly, he let rest take him, Isaac obliging by returning him to his Pokeball.[break][break]

Next out on his end was a far more regal looking figure, Sectonia the Vespiquen. When Isaac first caught her, some sort of energy overload had been driving her berserk. She recovered quickly after returning back from the hive, and had become quite the gentle and just Pokemon in the meantime. However, was there still any of that energy left within her? If so, what would happen if it ever went unchecked? This, too, was a mystery Isaac was hoping MAGMA could uncover. Either dormant power or a disaster waiting to happen could be lurking beneath those serene red eyes.[break][break]

She nodded gracefully to Zev, then assumed a fighter's stance. It had been a while since she had the chance to stretch her wings like this. It would be a most excellent opportunity!

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 14:58:01 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
A Vespiquen? Interesting. While Infernape's Fire-type attacks would roast the Bug-type in seconds, a well-placed Flying-type attack would deal serious damage to the primate. Zev didn't say this, however. He simply took a long drag of his cigarette and exhaled the smoke.

"Again," was his instruction to his Pokémon. There was no expression of praise or joy at the victory, only a cold, brusque command.

The Infernape rushed forward, hoping to startle and confuse the Vespiquen with a quick FEINT.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 16:30:08 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Were the type matchups here a little awkward? Yes. But types were far from everything. In a narrow alleyway like this, there was only so much space one had access to. It was why Ivan had to leap instead of encircle, for example.[break][break]

Compared to him, Vespiquen had an entire extra axis most other competitors didn't. She demonstrated this by flying above the Infernape's incoming strike, her eyes flashing a bright white. It wouldn't look like much at first. However, with the flash came a numbing, almost squeezing feeling on the Infernape's brain. If its will failed to hold out, the Confuse Ray would start to take hold.[break][break]

Sectonia wasn't about to let the Infernape off with just some disorientation, though. The jewel atop her head flashed, the light from the moon bouncing across each and every facet. Before even giving her foe time to react, she swiveled to face him directly. He'd have but seconds before the luster of her Power Gem shined out in a pulse of pure energy.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 17:13:19 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
The Confuse Ray did its work. Infernape looked puzzled at once, as if there were multiple enemies surrounding him and he did not know which to attack first. He fired off a FLAMETHROWER at nothing at all, leaving a wide burn mark along the alley wall, before the POWER GEM of Isaac's Vespiquen knocked Infernape flat against the other wall. Dust and chips of brick burst outward in a cloud at the impact. The Pokémon did not move.

Stoically, Zev held out an empty Pokéball and pressed the button to recall the Fire-type. Puffing absently on his cigarette, he switched to a different Pokéball and released his Seviper.

"Not bad," Zev said to Isaac, giving absolutely no indication that he legitimately thought the younger man was doing well. "Let's see if you can get a second win after all."

NOTES
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 17:56:55 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Flat and stoic. Yep, that was Zev alright. Isaac couldn't really bring himself to be surprised. Zev had already demonstrated no real interest in the topic when it was first broached, and didn't even seem invested in the success of his Pokemon one way or another. This was obligation if anything, a catharsis and a practice being offered to Isaac. Nothing more, nothing less.[break][break]

It sounded grimmer than it was. But Isaac had a need, and Zev was filling it. Just like the bar. Just like the missions. One transaction of many in a partnership of mutual using. Who cared if it rang hollow? Isaac already had plenty of people in his life who cared about him, more than ever before. He didn't need Zev.[break][break]

"Just you wait. Sectonia's got a lot of tricks up her sleeve," Isaac warned. The Vespiquen nodded in response, turning to face the next Pokemon that appeared. A snake. A Pokemon who crawled along its belly. It seemed an odd choice in a matchup for a flier. That just meant Isaac would keep extra careful.[break][break]

For now, Sectonia simply flew up high. Drones flew from the combs in her abdomen, looking like a swarm of miniaturized Combee. As Sectonia gave her Attack Order, they flew down to take the offensive. How the Seviper reacted to their attacks would give Isaac and Sectonia a lot more insight into its fighting style.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 18:52:54 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Zev pulled the last drag from his cigarette. "So do I," he replied, despite the fact that Isaac had referred to his Pokémon in his comment.

That was, ultimately, the difference between the two men: one cherished his Pokémon and saw them as people, separate beings from himself, with their own thoughts and agency.

The other did not.

Seviper opened her mouth and let loose a searing jet of flame that instantly incinerated many of the drones in the Vespiquen's swarm. The FLAMETHROWER did not stop, arching upward toward the Bug-type Pokémon herself. The air above the battlefield shimmered with the heat.

NOTES
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 20:07:57 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"And so do I."[break][break)

Redundant? Or a statement that Isaac and Sectonia were in this together? Regardless of what the answer meant, Isaac . . . appeared to now be rearranging garbage cans. Huh. Clearly, he wasn't kidding when he said tricks. But what could the guy have even been planning?[break][break]

Whatever it was, it seemed he had trusted Sectonia to handle the dodging herself. The fire leaped from drone to drone, snaking its eay back to Sectonia herself in brilliant pillars of flame. She tried to dart back in time, but it was clear that some damage had already been done. Now she, too, bore some textbook scorch marks on her carapace.[break][break]

By now, Isaac had formed a little perimeter of cans by the back of the alley. He looked up towards Sectonia, a wicked grin on his face. "Payback time. Hit 'em with a Bug Buzz, and don't let it get away!" Isaac said. The Vespiquen nodded, turning not towards Seviper but instead towards the corner of the wall it lingered by. And then she started to ring.[break][break]

Sound tended to bounce. A loud, unpleasant sound in open air was sound that'd be out of your hair soon enough. In an alleyway, enclosed on three out of its six possibke facets? That sound was going to become far more unpleasant to deal with. It became even worse when one of the two natural exits had been covered by Isaac's perimeter of trash cans. It got even worse when Vespiquen called another swarm from her hive, their combs interlocking to form a wall above the alley.[break][break]

An alley came with a floor and two walls. Now two partial obstructions were providing further interference. The ringing reached a fever pitch, both from the continued beating of Sectonia's wings and from the sound bouncing off of all of the obstacles in its way. How long would Seviper be able to take it?

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]