TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
It's a Shore Thing [M]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 6:46:43 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

To be completely honest, Tam always kind of forgot about this part: about the fact that whenever he threw the ball and successfully hit the dunk tank’s target (which had happened every single time he tried so far), he would be the next to go sit in the tank and potentially get dunked. Which, in this case, had actually happened right away, thanks to one of his underlings no less, but even though some people would probably be at least mildly annoyed by this fact, all got from him when he was stepping off completely soaked and she went to take the seat was a passing ”Jacobs.”. No more than that. Leave it to Tam to act indifferent even when dripping.
[break][break]
At least this time he had remembered to bring a towel and to wear swim trunks, although admittedly neither of those things do much to change the way his white shirt sticks to his skin even after he has gone through the trouble of drying off as much as possible. Oh well, the sun will do the rest, won’t it?
[break][break]
”So… Hot dogs?” At least he’s not the only one who’s soaking wet, even if in this case Tam himself is the one to blame. After all, he had dunked . Does he regret it, though? Nope, not at all, not even if Marshall had actually been nice enough to actually wait for him after getting out of the dunk tank and had even invited him to get lunch.
[break][break]
That’s just how it goes.
[break][break]
At least he appreciates the invite, though.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Sunny Day 🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twt2] --accent: #688592; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 11.5px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
i like the feel of gettin' dirty / i like the feel of high octane
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
It's a Shore Thing [M]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 10:14:24 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
Marshall, on the other hand, had been fully prepared to go feet-first into the water. The fact that had been the one to dunk him had been even more hilarious. And of course, Tam had done it with his usual stone-faced expression that Marshall had nearly choked on water while laughing about it.

"Hot dogs!" the redhead exclaimed with extreme enthusiasm, jumping up from the bench where he'd been waiting for his friend. Not far away was the start of the boardwalk, which was lined with all sorts of food vendors and souvenir shops.

As they walked toward the nearest hot dog stand, Marshall said, "I want to get salt-and-vinegar fries and some ice cream, too. You know, the kind of beach food we have back in Unova." Surely the other man had experienced that sort of peak vacation time back when he still lived there. "Think they got anything like that here, Tam?"

By then, they had reached the hot dog stand. Marshall didn't wait for his friend's response before ordering a chili cheese double dog with everything on it: mustard, onions, pickles.

NOTES
+ Mission: Sunny Day
close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
It's a Shore Thing [M]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 20:44:40 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

They make quite the pair, don’t they? Between Marshall having enough energy for both of them plus some and his ability to do things without even waiting for Tam’s opinion on them, he makes it terribly easy for the ranger to just go along with all of it. It would be too much of a hassle not to. As would be having to decide on his own.
[break][break]
He has never had salt-and-vinegar fries, but salt-and-vinegar chips are pretty good, so these are probably good too, and who doesn’t love ice cream? It all sounds great to him, except for the fact that, well…
[break][break]
”I never went to the beach much in Unova.” Other than for summer days spent at Undella Town when he was a child, that is. Some nice tidbits of information about Tam’s life here. Riveting, clearly. ”I’m from Icirrus, it’s not much of a vacation spot.”
[break][break]
Other than for skiing, that is. Tam is actually pretty damn good at snowboarding.
[break][break]
But, of course, he doesn’t say any more than what’s absolutely necessary, and when ordering his own hotdog, he decides to go for one with sauerkraut and mustard.
[break][break]
”They should have something like that, though. We can have a look around.” Considering all the different kinds of businesses that are setting up shop for the Slashfest, it’s more than likely. ”I haven’t seen Slateport beach this full since last year’s tournament…”
[break][break]
Hopefully clean up duty won’t be assigned to the local ranger team.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Sunny Day 🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 11.5px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
It's a Shore Thing [M]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 10:41:32 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
"Oh shit, really! I loved visiting Icirrus!" Marshall exclaimed, starting down the boardwalk in a leisurely stroll, fully expecting Tam to fall into step behind him. "I used to go every winter to snowboard. Fucking loved it. I've skied too, but I like snowboarding better. It's cooler to watch, you know? Man, I'd love to go snowboarding this winter."

The sun beat down on them as they walked. Marshall only paused in his speech to eat a big mouthful of his hot dog. At least he chewed and swallowed completely before opening his mouth again.

"But for real, you haven't been to the beach in Unova? Your folks never took you?"

NOTES
close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
It's a Shore Thing [M]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 13:16:16 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Yeah, I like snowboarding too.” That’s all he says on that, because as Tam sees it, that’s all there really is to say. He has never been particularly talkative, so maybe it really is a good thing that Marshall talks enough for the two of them, no? And, who would have thought that they actually have something like that? Snowboarding, the great uniter. ”Hell, who knows, maybe we ran into each other back then.”
[break][break]
Unlikely, but it’s a possibility that crosses Tam’s mind as they walk, and although he’s in no particular rush to keep up with Marshall, he manages to do so with relative ease while eating his hot dog.
[break][break]
All around them, people enjoy the festival, making for the kind of scene he has never cared much for. Yet, with the summer sun shining down on them and the gentle breeze of Slateport bay, he has to admit that it does kind of make for a nice atmosphere. The beach is nice.
[break][break]
”Mm… Just a few trips to Undella when I was a kid. I didn’t really go to the beach much until I moved here. What about you?”
[break][break]
In Hoenn, it’s kind of inevitable, considering they’re surrounded by the ocean.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Sunny Day 🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
It's a Shore Thing [M]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 17:28:02 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
Their lunch was still so hot, it burned the inside of Marshall's mouth as he took big bites of his hot dog. He winced but kept eating anyway, the food was just too delicious.

"We should go snowboarding this winter," he said to Tam after making an effort to chew and swallow without scalding his entire esophagus. "You, me, anyone else you wanna invite. It'll be fun!"

The two men approached a stand that sold the salt-and-vinegar fries Marshall had mentioned. He immediately bought a medium-sized cup they could share, since Tam hadn't eaten them before.

"My family used to go to Undella when I was a kid, too," Marshall continued as he sprinkled vinegar and salt all over their fries at a stand next to the stall. "Had to stop when Mom got sick and she couldn't really leave her room anymore. I've been back a few times as an adult, but man, shit gets busy after you grow up, you know?"

He tried a fry to test whether they had the right level of vinegary saltiness. "Here, try 'em, Tam."

NOTES
close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
It's a Shore Thing [M]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 15:03:46 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

There are some great disadvantages to having a personality like Tam’s. They don’t become apparent to him often, but nevertheless, they sure are there. For example, the fact that he doesn’t care about most things means that he often can’t be bothered with what he things of as ”annoying” tasks, and when said annoying tasks are things like putting on sunscreen in the morning before a day spent at the beach and constantly getting wet, that sure can result in problems.
[break][break]
In this case, the inevitable fact that Tam will come out of this with a sunburn.
[break][break]
He can feel the sheer warmth of the sun rays on his ever so pasty skin, but just as Tam seems to be great at doing, he completely ignores it. He’s too busy dividing his attention between his hot dog and the conversation anyway, which somehow has turned into Marshall suggesting they go snowboarding.
[break][break]
”Oh… Yeah, I’d like that.” He finds himself admitting, but he also refrains from saying that Hoenn doesn’t get much snow and that they may still not be able to leave the region by the time winter comes. It’s a bleak thought, and even Tam has enough sense not to ruin a conversation with things like those… Well, at least sometimes.
[break][break]
He also has enough sense not to ask more about Marshall’s mother, but he does note on it, looking at his friend while the redhead busies himself with seasoning their fries.
[break][break]
”I’m sorry to hear that, Marshall… Yeah, things get busy. I haven’t even been back to Unova since I moved here.” Almost four years. That hadn’t been just because he’s busy, though. He doesn’t elaborate, nor does he explain, he just turns his attention to the fries, taking a couple right off the bat.
[break][break]
He chews, he thinks, his expression reveals nothing, and finally…
[break][break]
”...That’s pretty good.”
[break][break]
There, right there, an ever so slight smile tugs at his lips.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Sunny Day 🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
It's a Shore Thing [M]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 15:52:07 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
Unlike Tam, Marshall was a little more disciplined about putting on sunscreen before spending all day at the beach. However, he was not disciplined about reapplying sunscreen. Between diving for Clamperls, the dunk tank, and surfing on the back of his rental Mantine, all of the sunscreen he'd applied that morning had washed away. The backs of those sunscreen bottles always said to reapply every two hours, and it was already mid-afternoon.

These boys were going to be burned to a crisp the next day.

But Marshall did not seem to care, not as he and Tam continued their stroll down the boardwalk, hot dogs eaten and fries in hand.

"So!" he said to his friend between fries. "What brought you to Hoenn anyway? What got you into the Ranger business?"

NOTES
close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
It's a Shore Thing [M]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 18:14:02 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Thoughts of sunburns also completely elude Tam, being much more preoccupied with enjoying his food, the conversation, and yes, even Marshall’s company. Funny, isn’t it? Interacting with most people generally means little to him, but somehow, as if by sheer persistence, Marshall had managed to become one of the people he actually doesn’t mind spending time with. Someone he’d call a friend, even.
[break][break]
Perhaps that’s why Tam doesn’t mind sharing when Marshall asks about his motivations, even though talking about himself is something he rarely ever does around most people.
[break][break]
”Hm? I became a ranger back in Unova. I guess it’s ‘cause I’ve always found pokémon much easier to deal with than people.” It’s said terribly casually, so much so that he even shrugs a little before grabbing another fry. ”I used to be really into competitive stuff… Gym circuit and what not.”
[break][break]
It feels like a lifetime ago.
[break][break]
As for his reasons to come to Hoenn, well…
[break][break]
”...I thought Hoenn sounded fun.” A region full of excitement. That sure is one way to put it. ”Guess I like the challenge that comes with living here. Even the bad parts.”
[break][break]
Someone has to do it, right? Some people are just made for this sort of thing. But, it's then that Tam looks at Marshall, considering for a moment before speaking once more:
[break][break]
”What about you?... Guess you're kinda stuck here 'cause of the dome, huh?”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Sunny Day 🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
It's a Shore Thing [M]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 20:41:06 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
Imagining Tam as a competitive trainer on the Gym circuit kind of blew Marshall's mind. He did a double take when Tam revealed that part about his past, jaw dropping and eyes widening. Not because Tam was a bad trainer — far from it, in fact. It just seemed odd to imagine a passive guy like him pursuing something with that much excitement and ambition.

But there were clearly layers to Tam that Marshall was only just peeling back. After all, the other man used to go snowboarding! Anyone who snowboarded knew how to have fun, at least in Marshall's book.

However, at the mention of the dome around Hoenn, Marshall's excitement and surprise abated, settling into a contemplative mood.

"Yeah, I'm stuck here. I talked with my agent about it. Unless that barrier's comin' down, even after my race this fall, I still can't return to Unova."

He paused to chow down on another fry.

"We've talked a lot about what we should or could do. One of the options was maybe just doing the championship circuit here, but I miss my friends and family back home. I was kinda hoping to see them this winter."

NOTES
close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
It's a Shore Thing [M]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 0:25:05 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tam has never been much for empathy. Some could call him cold for it, and some definitely have, but the fact of the matter is that just how a lot of things matter little to him, so do most people. Why would he worry about what others go through? How could he understand what he has never experienced himself? Attempting to relate to things beyond his experience and understanding sounds like a wasted effort to him.
[break][break]
And yet, when Marshall’s mood changes, he does notice it, and even though there’s initial silence when he starts explaining how the dome had affected him, this is not because of lack of interest. Some people do matter to him. Marshall had just mentioned his mother being sick and unable to leave his house, and remembering this makes Tam realise that he’s probably worried and he wishes to see his family.
[break][break]
”The League will find a way to get rid of the barrier, and you’ll go back to Unova and see your family.” He says, and when he does so, he’s completely calm, his tone lacking in any hesitation or doubt. But, that is to be expected from Tam, right?
[break][break]
What is perhaps a little more unexpected is the hand on Marshall’s shoulder, the light squeeze, and the faint smile Tam gives him.
[break][break]
”Let’s go get that ice cream you wanted. This heat is killing me.”
[break][break]
Ice cream makes everything better, doesn’t it?
[break][break]
At least momentarily...

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Sunny Day 🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,834 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
It's a Shore Thing [M]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 10:21:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: