snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
girls against god
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 1:00:30 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]this has, truthfully, been a long time coming.

she requests a meeting with someone she's known but never quite met outside of a professional capacity. there's bits of purpose intertwined in the invitation, information she isn't sure she should ask for.

and yet, her eyes dart toward the door at every new arrival. she looks for a familiar head of pretty hair and the impressive presence of the malevolent.

while she waits, she orders another drink. fingers tap idly at the counter, mild anxiety needing an outlet while the next cocktail is made.

the drink comes as her company does. and as she wraps a hand around the glass, a smile rises.

"how've you been?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
girls against god
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 1:17:24 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

Katherine is only ever so slightly fashionably late.
[break][break]
As always, if asked, she'd shift the blame to someone else and pretend that it had nothing to do with her horrible time management, but Illeana was a smart woman. She'd know that Katherine would've been her on time if she cared to.
[break][break]
It's rude, but in a way that one should expect from the Malevolent.
[break][break]
"Hey," a smile meets a smile as scarlet eyes lock with the head scientist's. "You know," she shrugs. "Can't really complain. I'm alive, so there's that." She finally claims a seat, intent on gracing her date with her undivided focus. Although she could use one, a drink can and will wait.
[break][break]
"I hope you've been well too. It's been a while, hasn't it?"

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-moon"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".katherine"]--accent:#963030;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 1px 31px 21px 1px; height:100px; width:100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
girls against god
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 0:11:00 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she doesn't quite hold lateness against katherine.

truthfully, she'd prefer slightly late than never showing at all.

her smile spreads into amusement, a grin beginning in the aftermath of a shrug. alive is better than dead. and that's all they can really ask for, right?

"i'm glad," she murmurs. it's genuine in a way that speaks of companionship, of a friendship wanting to be given life. "is the elite four still keeping you busy?"

given the impending doom of the region... she expects they're all busy as ever.

katherine claims her throne and illeana takes the opportunity to sip at her drink. it's fruity enough to mask the initial burning but she feels it in her throat long after.

"as well as could be expected, i suppose."

she doesn't dive deeper than a surface level answer. it suffices for now.

"god, yeah it has been a while, huh?" since... one of the aqua assemblies? "it's kinda refreshing to meet outside of work for once."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
girls against god
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 1:49:12 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]

"no. just our commissioner, i'd say. i don't get too many challengers these days, but makes sure we aren't getting paid for doing nothing."
[break][break]
mainly through tasks delegated to the aqua initiative, but still. katherine's personal conquests were of the highest importance as well, but different in nature. they required secrecy even among allies and friends.
[break][break]
no one would appreciate knowing that she used to be a member of rocket. most people would also hate to hear why she was hunting her former allies down.
[break][break]
"definitely. if i have to hear about primal crystals or meteorites one more time, i might just shoot myself," she's joking. she doesn't have a gun.
[break][break]
right?
[break][break]
"--but, don't worry. you get a pass. you probably hear about this twice as much as i do."

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 1px 31px 21px 1px; height:100px; width:100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
girls against god
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 17:17:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"she does have a knack for keeping us from getting too bored..."

all work and no play for the league officials, it seems. with the meteor about to knock on their door, it's not surprising.

and maybe, if they survive, they'll be able to relax for a week before the next life threatening event washes up on the shore.

it's a nice thought, at least...

she grins around the rim of her glass, taking another sip before anchoring it back to the countertop.

"honestly," she huffs. they talk so much of crystals and meteors... she's starting to see them in her dreams. it's exhausting.

"i'm starting to think the people of hoenn have nothing else to discuss at this point."

she's almost missing the days of endless gossip and mindless chatter.

"one night with no meteor talk won't kill us, right?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
girls against god
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 11:12:07 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]

"mm. to be fair, most of them probably don't."
[break][break]
she met too many people whose work was their life. people who wouldn't see anything beyond hoenn, their home. despite her rank, katherine never felt that strongly about the region.
[break][break]
the bartender finally returns to ask katherine for an order. she immediately asks for a glass of a summer cocktail, abandoning her traditional martini. she didn't want to get drunk as much as she wanted to enjoy illeana's company, it seemed.
[break][break]
"no meteor talk. i promise."
[break][break]
"but, um... can i pick your brain about something else? i need a scientist's opinion."

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@ @taggoeshere

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

qmGtuQSX
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
girls against god
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 0:52:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the sentiment is certainly shared between both women.

despite past history in hoenn... she can't quite say she feels completely tethered to the region. it's nice, sure, but does it feel like a home she'd die for anymore?

sometimes, no.

she grins, then, with the promise. thank god...

"a scientist's opinion?"

huh. curiosity rises without hesitation.

"my brain is yours as long as you need it," she murmurs. the grin widens slightly and her hand moves to grab her drink once more. it doesn't move yet, still anchored into place. she'll wait until katherine's drink comes before having another sip but the incessant need for a lifeline should she desire it keeps her from resting her hands in her lap.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
girls against god
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 10:27:24 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]

the cocktail arrives with a small slice of watermelon hugging its rim. it is both red and warm in colour, culminating in an appetizing look. katherine tastes it mostly to find out if it needs to be replaced before she begins.
[break][break]
it's good enough, she thinks to herself.
[break][break]
"okay, so..."
[break][break]
she doesn't even know how to present her question. "we're both familiar with the concept of other universes. yes?" her words are hushed, just enough so they won't draw too much attention. "and seeing as the gods of our universe also exist in other universes, it stands to reason... that the story of creation itself may differ in other universes."
[break][break]
so far, so good.
[break][break]
"maybe there's a universe where Arceus decided not to create humans. maybe earth itself doesn't exist-- you know. all of that," she still hasn't asked her question. this was merely the exposition. "do you think certain things might-- ugh. i'm not sure how to ask this."
[break][break]
such frustration rarely hits katherine. where words can't translate her thoughts well enough, "do you think it's possible that certain things apply to every universe? that, perhaps, certain artifacts go beyond the scope of space and time of one place?"
[break][break]
still a bit vague. perhaps illeana would require more information from her. either way, it's cryptic enough for it to sound as though katherine was asking about the arceus plates that were often tied to her.
[break][break]
but she wasn't.
[break][break]
"is it possible that- no. is it likely that someone - maybe even arceus - made it so certain things will only ever exist once? regardless of how many universes there are?"

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

NQmHCvHn
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
girls against god
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 1:22:15 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she listens to the speech in its entirety before opening her mouth.

there's a subtle smile to her face, as if katherine's question is one of acute interest to the scientist. and in some way, it is...

only, they have different goals: katherine seeks an item or items while illeana seeks creation.

perhaps their desires align them a little closer together than before.

she hums and takes another sip of her drink before finally beginning to answer.

"it's possible," she murmurs. the concept itself is one rooted more in beliefs than scientific understanding. and luckily for katherine, illeana is a believer in the story of creation, of arceus and its children... no matter what universe they're in, that will never change.

"with the concept of the multiverse, it's understandable to think everything has a counterpart. items, myths, pokemon, and humans are bound to exist in some capacity throughout the plethora of universes."

she smiles a little. it could be hiding something, she realizes. her own interest, perhaps? or, simply, nothing.

"the only way to know for sure is to explore another universe, perhaps."

which, she knows, is not the answer either of them want.

"personally, i believe items tied closely to myth will always exist in most universes... unless, of course, the myth in question doesn't exist."

quietly, she adds a little further, dipping her toes into her own interest.

"are you looking for something related to creation? i've, um, been researching the trio myself. it's possible what your looking for might be in one of my books?"

wishful thinking guides her to believe she's of use to katherine. that same thinking caused her to blindly search for palkia to the extent of damning herself.

perhaps this time, it'll be different.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
girls against god
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 1:40:25 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrheadinner"]

[attr="class","ltrhead-topper"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-topleft"]
[attr="class","ltr-tags"]for

[attr="class","ltr-lyrics"]All of this [break] is temporary

[attr="class","ltrhead-topright"]

[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]

"No."
[break][break]
Katherine shakes her head at the head scientist's words, half frustrated. Not with Illeana but with herself. She's being too vague. She isn't specific enough for the scientist to answer what she wants to know.
[break][break]
"I mean, I know that. What I'm trying to say is..."
[break][break]
She searches for something with her eyes - nothing specific at first - but once she spots a plate of pretzels, it's brought closer with the aid of a little distorted gravity. One pretzel is taken and split into a few small pieces, four or five. They're laid on the bar for Illeana to examine.
[break][break]
"Do you think it's possible that someone created something and spread it across different universes? That the creation of said thing occurred once; but it exists in more than one place. More than one universe."
[break][break]
She draws a breath, and then she continues.
[break][break]
"I found something in Sea Hoenn," she explains with a hushed tone. "A shard of something that shouldn't exist there. Something that my Giratina is searching for," she continues, adding another missing piece to the puzzle. "The other... Me... Knew of it too. She wanted my piece, as well."
[break][break]
She tugs the necklace out from underneath her shirt to reveal the griseous shard in its full glory. It's small, broken, and undeniably not whole. It's missing the rest.
[break][break]
"There are more pieces. There are more shards. But I don't think they're all... Here."
[break][break]
How? Why? And... Who?
[break][break]
"..Do you think one of your books can tell me about this, then?"

[attr="class","ltr-lines"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-1"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-2"]

[attr="class","gimcredits"]made by gimmick

[googlefont="Nunito Sans:400,600,700,800"]
[newclass=.ltrhead] width: 340px; margin: 30px auto; --accent: #963030; --skybase: #2b2b2b; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead a.gimcredits] display: block; text-align: right; padding-top: 4px; font: 700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing: .8px; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrheadinner] background: var(--skybase); position: relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-topper] display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; padding: 25px 25px 0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-topleft] width: 240px; height: 49px; overflow: hidden; display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 240px); align-items: center; color: var(--accent); font: 800 10px/13px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.25px; padding-bottom: 1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-topper::after] content: ''; display: block; height: 1px; background: var(--accent); width: 30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-tags a] color: inherit; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-tags, .ltr-lyrics] transition: transform .5s ease, opacity .3s ease; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-tags] transition-delay: .2s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-100px); -webkit-transform: translate(-100px); -moz-transform: translate(-100px); -o-transform: translate(-100px); opacity: 0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-tags] transform: translate(140px); -webkit-transform: translate(140px); -moz-transform: translate(140px); -o-transform: translate(140px); opacity: 0; transition-delay: 0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-240px); -webkit-transform: translate(-240px); -moz-transform: translate(-240px); -o-transform: translate(-240px); opacity: 1; transition-delay: .25s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-topright img] width: 50px; height: 50px; object-fit: cover; border-radius: 50%; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-text] color: #aaaaaa; font: 400 13px/17px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0; z-index: 100; position: relative; padding: 20px 25px 30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-text b] color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-text br+br] content: ''; display: block; margin-top: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-lines] position: relative; z-index: 100; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-lines>div] background-size: 5.66px 5.66px; background-size: 9px 9px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-line-0] height: 5px; background: var(--ltr-line5); display: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-line-1] height: 1px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-line-2] margin-top: 5px; height: 20px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
girls against god
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 1:58:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]hm...

close yet not. she goes quiet as katherine explains a little further.

and at the mention of sea hoenn, her body tenses from muscle memory. she feels the scar on her back itch and takes another sip of her drink to quell the sensation.

"if it's spread across multiple universes, there's a strong possibility it's for a reason."

her eyes drift away from the pretzel to katherine. red meets red and she stares.

"an item like that being broken into so many pieces and then scattered... typically such a thing happens when the creator is afraid of the item's power."

raw power in a natural form, if left unchecked, can spell disaster. perhaps that's the key.

"do you know why your giratina and hers are searching for this?"

then, katherine pulls the small shard from beneath her shirt. it settles against her chest and shines. somehow, the shard looks vaguely familiar in a way she doesn't understand.

and with that in mind, she answers katherine's question with certainty.

"yes, i believe my books could."

her smile is wider, more confident.

"there's not a ton of information on giratina in particular but i do remember seeing gems associated with palkia and dialga." the shapes of them sketched into old, dusty pages.

she had sketched her own copies when she couldn't sleep, over and over until they stayed in a memory. the passages of text beneath the pictures escape her now.

"perhaps it's similar to those?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
girls against god
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 2:16:03 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]

"Yes, I... I think so too."
[break][break]
She'd tried to search for a different reason before, something less obvious and straightforward, but nothing seemed to quite align with what she knew.
[break][break]
"No, I mean... Yes, but also no. You know what it's like," she figures that this could be a sore spot, so she already regrets saying this. Nevertheless, it's too late to take it back now. "..They don't always answer our questions the way we want them to." Katherine knew that Giratina wanted it and that it wanted it first before any other Giratina could have it.
[break][break]
That, alone, is enough.
[break][break]
Still, she wished she knew more.
[break][break]
"...They could?" Judging by her tone, that came as a surprise. One that she accepts with a smile, one that is genuine and lingers on her lips for a while.
[break][break]
"Maybe... I wasn't familiar with those gems. Dialga's and Palkia's. What are they?"

[newclass=.ltrhead] width: 340px; margin: 30px auto; --accent: #963030; --skybase: #2b2b2b; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead a.gimcredits] display: block; text-align: right; padding-top: 4px; font: 700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing: .8px; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrheadinner] background: var(--skybase); position: relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-topper] display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; padding: 25px 25px 0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-topleft] width: 240px; height: 49px; overflow: hidden; display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 240px); align-items: center; color: var(--accent); font: 800 10px/13px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.25px; padding-bottom: 1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-topper::after] content: ''; display: block; height: 1px; background: var(--accent); width: 30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-tags, .ltr-lyrics] transition: transform .5s ease, opacity .3s ease; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-100px); -webkit-transform: translate(-100px); -moz-transform: translate(-100px); -o-transform: translate(-100px); opacity: 0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-tags] transform: translate(140px); -webkit-transform: translate(140px); -moz-transform: translate(140px); -o-transform: translate(140px); opacity: 0; transition-delay: 0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-240px); -webkit-transform: translate(-240px); -moz-transform: translate(-240px); -o-transform: translate(-240px); opacity: 1; transition-delay: .25s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-topright img] width: 50px; height: 50px; object-fit: cover; border-radius: 50%; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-text] color: #aaaaaa; font: 400 13px/17px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0; z-index: 100; position: relative; padding: 20px 25px 30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-text br+br] content: ''; display: block; margin-top: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-lines>div] background-size: 5.66px 5.66px; background-size: 9px 9px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-line-0] height: 5px; background: var(--ltr-line5); display: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-line-2] margin-top: 5px; height: 20px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
girls against god
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 2:36:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the comment doesn't bother her in the way it would have months prior.

instead, she flashes an almost fond smile. tapu lele hadn't been very vocal nor had it made much sense but in a way, she understood some part of it.

"deities are tricky to understand," she murmurs. her smile grows a little wider. "they answer in ways we don't quite grasp yet. i've found that eventually, there's some sense to be made of their answers."

it's, perhaps, an odd feeling to realize she's surprised katherine. somehow, she never thought the elite four member could be taken by surprise... least of all by her.

and with the opportunity to dive into carefully researched lore, she gains a small sparkle to her. it's almost as if this is her favorite subject to discuss and being encouraged to do so means the world.

katherine's genuine smile furthers the concept along, breathing a newfound sense of life into the scientist.

"they're said to be beautiful, shiny things."

there's a dreamy look in her eyes, a look of longing and greed all tied up into one hope.

"the adamant and lustrous orbs... some myths say if you have one and take it to spear pillar, you might even be able to summon the respective god."

if she could find one... maybe...

"they're said to be part of the two deities, like a small piece of them stored into a brilliant gem. perhaps the shard that you have... is a piece of giratina, too."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
girls against god
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 2:56:51 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]

"... Eventually."
[break][break]
It's not as comforting as she'd like for it to be. Knowing that one day Giratina's request will make sense and the last of its secrets will be revealed is not enough to appeal to Katherine's mind. It doesn't have to be, and it isn't.
[break][break]
If it weren't for Katherine's own excitement and curiosity, perhaps she'd have noticed Illeana's own-- still, a manic obsession compels her to ask more, here and now, lest the scientist might disappear by a divine intervention orchestrated by Arceus itself.
[break][break]
Nevertheless, the greed and longing in Illeana's eyes are matched by those in Katherine's own. She knows that look, what it brings and where it leads...
[break][break]
..But it's not for her to warn Illeana. Not that it'd change anything.
[break][break]
"A small piece of them?" As in, a part of Giratina was also missing? "Like..." The only thing that she can think of are the stones Hoenn grew so familiar with.
[break][break]
"It's something similar to mega evolution stones?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
girls against god
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 3:07:22 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]greed recognizes greed...

and it festers between two girls until they're one pair of similar eyes, connected by a desire to find something that eludes them.

if katherine had warned her, would it have made a difference? perhaps. or, maybe, it would've fueled her further. the concept of achievement katherine holds is something illeana would place on a pedestal.

it's a goal, in the end, to be on the same playing field as the malevolent.

"yes but no?"

how exactly does she explain it?

"i'm not sure if they're capable of form change but if i remember correctly, there was a passage about enhancing strength?"

her nose scrunches in thought, as if she's trying to drag the text from her book back into the mind's eye.

"it'd make sense that if they are actually a part of the gods, they'd bring them to full strength when reunited with the missing part."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights