Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
New and Improved DIANCIENUTZ (Mission)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2022 13:57:38 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

One week turned into several. Time had a funny way of working like that. Throwing one event after the other at Elinor had made her forget the offer had given. But when it once more passed her memory, she did not hesitate in texting the Elite Four member.

And so she found herself inside the same training facility as before. The fake museum and all of its props set the background for what would surely be a battle for the ages. For once foregoing the grey business suit she so often wore for a more modest casual set of black training clothes

Elinor had already contacted the Legendary Pokémon, summoning it forth for some casual banter while they waited for Matias to arrive. She was currently trying to gauge the Legendary’s opinion on the current state of Hoenn. While Diancie was more than happy to talk about the topic, it seemed to take a neutral stance on the matter for one reason or another.

OOC: Mission thread for VS DIANCIE

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 17:32:27 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

it doesn't take long for matias to arrive. he's had a bit more free time since his temporary suspension from elite four so he's taken advantage of that by training his army of pokemon.[break][break]

another training session awaits.[break][break]

"it seems our roles are reversed today."[break][break]

he smiles, approaching the pink duo to make it a pink trio.[break][break]

"how are you, elinor?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-virizion"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 19:00:09 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

The roles had been reversed, indeed. Nevertheless, she looked forward to seeing Matias in proper action, since she had not had such pleasure.

She gave Matias an acknowledging nod, before replying. “I’ve been doing alright, keeping myself busy.” As she well should given her position. “How about you?” She was curious to hear what the Elite Four member had been up to. And her curiosity was easy to read on her face.

Meanwhile, Diancie twirled about, waiting for the humans to finish their pleasantries. She was amped up for a spar. It had been a while since anyone had played with her, actually, the last time anyone played with her had been back when the two humans who now stood before her, had visited. She was non-too-pleased about that and would have to have a stern discussion with whoever was in charge.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 7:46:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i've been slightly less busy so i've been taking advantage of what time it's given me to train! i've quite a lot of pokemon so it's been nice to get a chance to spend time with them."[break][break]

and what has he done since his suspension? train and train and train. pretty much what he would've done at work anyways.[break][break]

finally looking at diancie, matias gives her a greeting nod before calling out his choice for the battle today.[break][break]

"are you prepared to lose, diancie?"[break][break]

which is his way of allowing her to have the first move.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-manectric color-shiny"]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 8:34:51 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

“Glad to hear that you’ve kept yourself busy.” Elinor smiled and allowed Matias to move on to Diancie.

Diancie smiled confidently at the trainer in front of him. She clasped a tiny fist into her tiny palm with a confident expression before pointing at Matias. Clearly declaring that he would be the one to lose.

Elinor took some distance as Matias summoned his fighter.

Once that was done, Diancie would start with her first move. She showered the arena with a rain of Rock-type energy which quickly manifested into a field of semi-floating STEALTH ROCKs.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 8:17:47 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

STEALTH ROCKS are standard to set up diancie's defenses. it's a sound strategy but it's also boring.[break][break]

matias spares a look at his manectric before taking a step back, knowing how volatile its shadow-tainted power is.[break][break]

"CLEAR THE FIELD."[break][break]

in an instant, SHADOW BOLT erupts from the electric-type, scattering around the field to crash through each floating rock.[break][break]

with the field somewhat clear, manectric charges in.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 17:04:59 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

While Diancie was setting up the stage. Elinor was trying to deduce what strategy this Manectric would employ.

Lightning with a curious shadowy streak suddenly covered the field destroying the Stealth Rocks before the Pokémon charged through. That had been a most curious move but now was not the time.

“Diancie, don’t let it come close,” Elinor proclaimed.

Though she needn’t have said that for it was exactly what Diancie intended to not allow. Diancie raised its hands into the air as it use its next move. Pink energy solidified in the air summoning forth a DIAMOND STORM, which crashed down in front of it attempting to sweep away the charging Manectric alongside everything else in its wake.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 4:20:01 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

the game plan with this particular manectric is actually quite simple. its volatility is what makes it such a force to be reckoned with. take that away and it becomes nothing more than a nuisance.[break][break]

so fighting it with something as equally wild and volatile as DIAMOND STORM is exactly what it needs.[break][break]

"STAND YOUR GROUND."[break][break]

the sweeping DIAMOND STORM rushes towards them. in return, manectric breathes out a FLAMETHROWER that bellows before it, forming a cloud of red and orange that turns redirects DIAMONDS.[break][break]

when the FLAMETHROWER fades, a THUNDER strikes out at diancie.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 7:04:36 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

When flames emerged from the Manectric, Elinor looked thoughtful. Perhaps her assessment so far had been wrong. If all Manectric’s moves were ranged like that, then perhaps getting closer would be wisest. But for now she would have to wait and see what other moves it would use, it could be a trap after all.

“Light Screen!” Elinor commanded.

Diancie stopped focusing on the DIAMOND STORM, and quickly began to erect a defensive barrier of LIGHT SCREEN, quickly reaching five layers just in time for a mighty THUNDER to crash into the barriers. At first, it seemed to hold, but then the screens buckled beneath the weight of the thunderous might, as it pierced the defensive energy one by one, until at last, it graced Diancie’s stone skin, though by then it was but a shadow of its former strength.

Pouting in annoyance from pain, the Diancie looked towards Manectric. It clapped its tiny hands together as it sent its Rock-type energies into the flooring beneath them. Piercing Pillars of STONE EDGE emerged from beneath aimed at the Manectric.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 8:19:50 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"EVADE."[break][break]

evade the best it can, anyways, but it's difficult with the sheer amount of STONE EDGES currently rushing their way.[break][break]

unless?[break][break]

manectric opens its jaws and fires a HYDRO CANNON into the ground. the force of it propels it up into the air, carrying it over the STONE EDGES before coming right above diancie.[break][break]

THUNDER strikes.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 20:13:46 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

If the HYDRO CANNON surprised her, then her face didn’t show it. She simply added it to the list of moves she had seen now. This Manectric had quite the coverage, but that was to be expected from an Elite Four member.

Manectric sent another THUNDER their way. Elinor found herself taking steps backward, even if she was nowhere near getting hit. Diancie quickly moved out of the way dodging just barely.

But surely being in the air would prove to be problematic for Manectric’s maneuverability. Elinor thought so, but before she could even give the order. Diancie had already cupped her hands, drawing them to her side as she gathered pink energy into a single concentrated point there. She then quickly thrust it forward towards the Manectric, shooting out a stream of powerful Pink MOONBLAST towards the Manectric

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 8:03:13 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

basically suspended in the air for far too long, it leaves manectric vulnerable. it's why the only thing it can do to combat against the MOONBLAST is to ROAR. it splits the attack enough but it doesn't get rid of it completely.[break][break]

despite that, manectric is sent flying off to the side before crashing into the ground with a solid thud.[break][break]

but it's not down.[break][break]

"KEEP GOING."[break][break]

it stands back up, rising with another breath of FLAMETHROWER to paint red and orange across pink and grey.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 19:31:56 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

A hit, albeit weakened sent the Manectric flying. But neither Diancie nor Elinor were fools enough to think it down.

They were proven right as Manectric stood back up.

“Protect yourself.”

Elinor needn’t say the words, yet she said them all the same.

With a snap of Diancie’s fingers walls of LIGHT SCREEN appear in front of Diancie, halting the flames that spewed forth from the Manectric until the sizzling heat was no more than an annoying gust of discomforting air.

But Diancie was not satisfied with being on the defensive. Glimmering pink lights manifested behind the Diancie in tiny spheres of diamonds which quickly fired at the Manectric in a veritable DIAMOND STORM.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,118 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 6:34:48 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

the FLAMETHROWER never subsides. it does fade for a moment to allow manectric to inhale, but scorching hot flames continue to pour as they lick walls of LIGHT SCREEN.[breka][break]

brighter, hotter, red and yellow become shades of blue before dipping darker and darker as they fight back the DIAMOND STORM. manectric's own body ripples with unfamiliar energy drawn from sources unknown.[break][break]

eventually, the FLAMETHROWER shifts into a SHADOW BOLT, and it rips through the area to find diancie.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 3:19:32 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

The flames never seemed to end. Elinor had to commend the Manectric for its ability to keep going. But what was that, was it getting hotter in here?

A brief respite paved the way for hotter flames. What heat the LIGHT SCREENS had been shielding Diancie from, was starting to reach her, affecting her even. If the Legendary Pokémon could sweat, it would certainly be starting to do so now.

And yet her DIAMOND STORM helped keep the flames at bay as the flames tried to consume her diamonds. Alas, flame licked hungrily upon diamond and LIGHT SCREEN alike, weakening both in the process. So when a bolt of shadow-tainted thunder flew across the battlefield, it had the strength to penetrate what defenses Diancie had put up.

The SHADOW BOLT struck true. Though Diancie tried to dodge it, she could not do so in time, and so she was struck. Grimacing in pain did she look towards Manectric.

Elinor looked thoughtful, as she assessed the almost unnatural power of that move. An Electric-type move should not be that effective upon Diancie if her type assessment was correct.

And while Elinor did her thinking, Diancie decided to fire a bright red POWER GEM beam from the diamond upon her head, aimed straight at Manectric.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]