saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ANCIENT
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 17:34:30 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"it's good to see you, gabe."[break][break]

the scene is painted with blotches of red and orange as lava bubbles along the surface of mount chimney. though they expand and contract, they never quite explode, perhaps controlled by something that lurks beneath the river of red.[break][break]

matias watches the councilman approach.[break][break]

"it's odd how we've never trained together before. why is that?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-virizion"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ANCIENT
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 19:32:48 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"matias."

[break][break]
the air is saturated in a warmth that exceeded 'comfort', at least, for most people. gabriel had surrounded himself with fire-types for over forty-years now. this barely counted as a summer day.
[break][break]
"i suspect it's because we're both busy men," he says, ignoring the landscape and focusing entirely on the elite four, "but, it's good to see our schedules have aligned."

[attr="class","notes"][break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ANCIENT
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 7:47:50 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"ha! about time."[break][break]

almost on cue, the ground beneath them begins to tremble. it grows in intensity enough to threaten some off their feet, but matias stands his ground while he eyes the HEATRAN that emerges from the depths of the lava pit.[break][break]

"looks like it's waited long enough."[break][break]

he looks back at gabe with a grin as a DROUGHT forms overhead.[break][break]

"shall we begin?"

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-virizion"]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ANCIENT
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2022 7:12:45 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
right down to business. he appreciates that about matias.

[break][break]
he'd spent some time mulling over his choice for this battle. could he force the mythical pokemon to bow to him with sheer force? he could. but that wasn't the point of this exercise. no, he needed to fine-tune some of his more... difficult pokemon.
[break][break]

so, his choice becomes clear.
[break][break]

releasing the pyroar from his ball, a thin black mist quickly evaporates around it. the creature had lineage that traced back to the 'shadow' pokemon that were rare in hoenn. from it, strength beyond measure, and a temper like no other.
[break][break]

caliban stares down the mythical pokemon, black and red mane flaring in challenge. without waiting for a command, he charges in.

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ANCIENT
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 7:52:20 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

the charging pyroar will be greeted with streams of LAVA PLUME that shoot out from the pit. they rise into the air and arc before falling right back down to earth.[break][break]

"is that a shadow?"[break][break]

he cracks open a pokeball, finally calling out his choice for the battle as the urshifu immediately charges forward as well.[break][break]

the fighting-type evades the LAVA PLUME before sending an AERIAL ACE from afar.

[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon urshifu"]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ANCIENT
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 18:09:38 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]

"an echo of one," he says, watching the LAVA PLUME rise into the sky, "the descendent of a more pure and powerful beast." he envied having something stronger, but caliban was good enough for now.
[break][break]
padding from one paw to another, the shadow pyroar dodges the attack, releasing a NOBLE ROAR that echoes in this bowl like arena.
[break][break]
the mythical person responds to both the AERIAL ACE and the NOBLE ROAR with mild indifference, its EARTH POWER shaking the ground around both pokemon.
[break][break]
"an impressive team you've built, matias."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ANCIENT
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 7:29:17 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"it helps to be surrounded by the best. keeps you on your toes."[break][break]

never one to be modest, matias finds it oddly appropriate this time.[break][break]

the ground shakes but the EARTHQUAKE isn't the most immediate threat. heat radiates from above as more LAVA PLUMES fall, descending straight onto them.[break][break]

or at least it would've.[break][break]

a sweeping gesture with his hand enacts a wall of earth, similar to a WIDE GUARD as it keeps them safe from being melted. the earth above melts away, leaving nothing in its wake.[break][break]

"heatran isn't usually this aggresssive."[break][break]

urshifu capitalizes with SURGING STRIKES.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ANCIENT
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 3:19:29 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
with a mask of indifference outwardly, gabriel watches matias form the wall with a sweep of his hand. inwardly, he adds the ability to the adopted silph's file.
[break][break]
"perhaps your presence has agitated it even worse than usual?" he offers, watching as his pyroar begins to release a SHADOW MIST in an area around him. [break][break]the dark violet haze begins to settle at nearly chest height for the fire-type, and it responds by sinking lower in an attempt to camoflague itself.

[break][break]
"or perhaps it's just an asshole?"

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ANCIENT
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 7:11:24 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"perhaps it's your presence, gabe."[break][break]

not that matias blames the heatran. two alpha males versus one beta lava boy? tch.[break][break]

the heatran, unable to pinpoint the location of the pyroar decides to focus on the most immediate threat: the urshifu right in front of it.[break][break]

SURGING STRIKES clash against its hardened exterior. it roars in pain, hiding the METAL SOUND behind it as lava around it starts to bubble.[break][break]

and then, almost in a flash, it erupts in a MAGMA STORM.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ANCIENT
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 0:24:48 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
the force of the LAVA STORM is enough to push the pyroar back, glops of magma sticking to its dark fur. he roars in pain, powerful claws scraping the rock as it clamors to get a hold. it takes a second, then two, but he's finally able.

[break][break]
lowering his center of gravity, maw open, caliban releases a FLAMETHROWER torrent that washes over the lava pokemon. it does little, comparatively to 's legendary, but every bit counts.[break][break]
pushing off, he leaps after the heatran.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ANCIENT
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 10:09:34 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

FLAMETHROWER paints orange and red to a similarly colored canvas. heatran roars under the torrent of flames, bracing through the pain only to channel it through its FLASH FIRE. it's why, when the flames finally die down, the returning FIRE SPIN is as potent as it is.[break][break]

the FIRE SPIN wraps around the pyroar in an attempt to suffocate it.[break][break]

up close, urshifu does what it can to be a nuisance. CLOSE COMBAT chips away at heatran's shell, getting closer and closer with each blow.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ANCIENT
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 2:57:46 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
a roar of pain, of rage, echoes from the center of the vortex of flame. it silences, and for a singular moment, gabriel considers his portion of the battle lost. then, an explosion of SHADOW MIST scatters the ability into wisps of flame and debris.
[break][break]
the pyroar that emerges is covered in wounds, scorch marks, and missing patches of fur. but from its maw, like a deliverer of death, a purple that's so dark it's almost black, pours our in troves. it charges the heartan, teeth wrapping around its paw in a bone-shattering CRUNCH.
[break][break]
but the legendary was a personification of the indominable molten earth itself.
[break][break]
CLOSE COMBAT and CRUNCH both land their marks. but, that also meant they were too close to move away. with itself as its focal point, it unleashes a MAGMA STORM.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ANCIENT
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 8:04:56 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

sweat rolls down matias' shoulders and back, dripping with intensity birthed from a fight of this caliber. two against one and the heatran is still holding its own. actually, it's doing more than that. it's winning.[break][break]

urshifu is blasted back by the force of MAGMA STORM. the fighting-type slams into the ground, rolling until it crashes into a boulder.[break][break]

and then, heatran rises out of the lava, advancing.[break][break]

"tch."

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
ANCIENT
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 2:14:53 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
the storm forces back not only 's, but also gabriel's own lion. it goes careening across the lumpy, black landscape, stopping only when it collides against a piece of jutting rock. it shows no signs of getting back up.
[break][break]
"suggestions?"

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ANCIENT
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 8:14:40 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"my heatran isn't as strong."[break][break]

he mutters an admittance no matter how frustrating it is. but then agian, his heatran is a mere child compared to this one.[break][break]

"chip away at it. we'll distract it."[break][break]

we.[break][break]

finding a particular pokeball, matias tosses it high up into the air only for it to crack open with a DROUGHT.[break][break]

a piercing roar follows — one some would recognize from the mount chimney incident only a year prior.[break][break]

groudon emerges.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-groudon"]