TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
PENELOPY LIVY FOR PRESIDENT [m]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 2:59:05 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2top"]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

how did he get into this position? like most things, no one really knows.

[break][break] " FOR PRES — huh?" he leans down to the woman next to him, who is whispering a correction. oops. "FOR COUNCIL MEMBER! UPSET ABOUT THE WAY THE COUNCIL IS RUN? TIME TO TAKE YOUR FUTURE INTO YOUR OWN HANDS!"

[break][break] ollie waves over the civilian's who are walking along the cross walk, flashing the flyers in his hand wildly. to be honest, this isn't his job. he's a ranger — he helps pokemon not people. but ollie is also a nice guy, and he's not really the one to turn down someone asking him for a favor, especially when they are so nice about it. plus, this is for a good cause. maybe? he isn't really sure on the schemantics. politics had never really been one for him.

[break][break] when he is handing over an informative flyer to a nearby passerby, there is a gust of wind that ripples through. one of the sheets in his pile are thrown astray. "oops!" hurriedly, he pushes his pile towards to one of the other volunteers and goes chasing after the flyer in the air, jumping in the air to catch it.

[break][break] not realizing what - or who - he may run into.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break] don't feed the gulls [break]

[newclass=".oliver2"]--accent:#FFB546; } .oliver2 { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .oliver2 b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'} .oliver2 i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver2 u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver2 .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; font:10px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:1px; } .oliver2 .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .oliver2 img { filter:grayscale(10%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".oliver2 .ooc img] background:transparent; float:none; border:none; box-shadow:none; padding:0px; margin:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".oliver2top"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 19:38:50 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Lilycove City was home to Penelope.
[break][break]
From the night markets that lined the parameters of the city, to the florists that bloomed throughout white painted streets, there wasn't an inch left unloved by the reporter. So, while the idea of leaving -- moving up onto bigger and better things -- was exciting, it also came with a delicate melancholic gloom.
[break][break]
Head hung low, the woman strutted through the familiar city street. Her mind was still mulling over the possibilities that laid in wait, and the work that still needed to be finished before then. So, to say she was startledby the random ass shadow knocking her from the side... would be an understatement. "Ow?! What the--" Seething eyes twist back to the figure, ready to let loose a hellfire of frustration, " ?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,326 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 2:20:04 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

"ollie morales?" he laughs. "you say that like we're strangers!"

[break][break] grinning, the ranger captain grabs the council candidate into a fierce hug. or at least he tries to. it's been forever since he's seen her!

[break][break] sure, he sees her on TV all the time, with all her work for HBS. it's a bit of an adjustment to see her everywhere, especially with the new campaign. but ollie's not complaining. he's missed her.

[break][break] "surprised to see you here though, huh. what are the odds!"

[break][break] the flyer that he had been reaching for drifts to the ground slowly, forgotten.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".oliver2"]--accent:#FFB546; } .oliver2 { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .oliver2 b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'} .oliver2 i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver2 u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver2 .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; font:10px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:1px; } .oliver2 .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .oliver2 img { filter:grayscale(10%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".oliver2 .ooc img] background:transparent; float:none; border:none; box-shadow:none; padding:0px; margin:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".oliver2top"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2022 11:01:03 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Emotions are a tricky subject.
[BREAK][BREAK]
While Ollie's golden retriever attitude might've been enough to deter the reality of their situation, Penelope was still painfully aware. Refusing the hug, the reporter. subconsciously took a step back, brows slowly dipping into a furrow.
[BREAK][BREAK]
"That's because we are strangers, Ollie."
[BREAK][BREAK]
It had been, what, years since they last saw each other? And that's not even treading of the reason for their last conversation.
[BREAK][BREAK]
Arms crossed, she gave the golden man a hard look. "What are the odds... What brings you to hoenn, then?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,326 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 8:37:24 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

ouch. that hurts.

[break][break] "to the point as ever, penpen."

[break][break] he cracks a smile at her, though this one doesn't quite meet his eyes.

[break][break] though, perhaps he deserves it. she knows him better than anyone — and she has always been especially good at pointing out the layer of veneer he tries to pull off on everyone else.

[break][break] "oh, you know me. i like —" i like to travel. maybe that would cut a bit too close to home? "i mean, my ranger duties called me back! apparently shit's going on here." his eyes twinkle. "that's why you're running for council, isn't it?"

[break][break] he flashes the flyer at her.

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 4:13:48 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Her eyes narrowed up at him.
[Break][break]
You like what, Ollie, she thought, inner thoughts slick with sarcasm, you like to travel?
[Break][break]
When it came to Oliver, it was easy to fall back to that pit of anger he originally left her in. It wasnt completely his fault -- she knew that better than anyone else -- but it was often easier to cast the blame away than swallow the reality of their pitful situation.
[Break][break]
"Yep." Penelope's voice was ice against the blaze of warmth he radiated. It curled and spiked as the man continued to blatantly belittle their situation. Did he feel really feel no shame? Beyond that, beyond everything else, the fact that he wasnt even surprised by her running...has he forgotten everything about her? Everything she stood for?
[Break][break]
His carelessness pricked at her stomach like a dull dagger. It was neither lethal nor worth concerning herself with, and yet, her mind couldn't escape it's precense.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,326 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 4:24:37 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

like a sunflower, it's easy for ollie to bloom in almost every circumstance. it's his one good quality. pa had always told him that as long as he remained positive and hopeful, in the face of anything, nothing could ever get him down.

[break][break] 'your mother will be proud of you,' pa had said to him. 'no matter what.'

[break][break] but the ice-cold winter that froze over expression made him falter. if only a bit, a fracture in his sunny shield.

[break][break] she'd always been good at that too.

[break][break] "well," he chuckles, rubbing his hand behind his neck. "i guess... i'll get going? maybe i'll see you around, penelope."

[break][break] his voice is soft as he turns away.

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 5:54:02 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Hopefully not."

[break][break]
Cold as ever, the woman gave one last lash before spinning back around to stomp down in the opposite direction. To think he could just waltz up to her and pretend as if nothing happened -- the nerve!! Of course, OF COURSE, she was completely over him. It'd been years since the end of their relationship, and she was with now.

[break][break]
But...

[break][break]
Gritting her teeth, clenching her knuckles, her steps came to a pause. Was it really fair to blame him for everything? Slowly, she twisted herself back around and opened her mouth. "Ollie wa--"

[break][break]
CAW CAW!!! CAW CAW!!!

[break][break]
Before further words could spill out, a horde of seagulls spewed out from the sky, dipping down to fuck them up. One, in particular, had it's sights set on Penelope's braided hair.

[break][break]
"Shit!"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,326 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 4:25:27 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

she's cold — emotions freeze over in her eyes when she looks at him. ice chips away at his heart, even though it's been years since she's been able to make him feel that way.

[break][break] maybe it's how they ended things. how she never responded to any of his letters or his postcards. how she'd blocked him on everything.

[break][break] how she'd cut him out of her life, so effortlessly, without regard for how he felt.

[break][break] "ollie — "

[break][break] she says his name, and he turns towards her, expression lit up in undeniable hope.

[break][break] "penny!"

[break][break] a screech fills the air as a hoard of seagulls cascade upon the reporter, and ollie's heart take a backseat as his instincts drive him to action. he runs after her, tofu leaping from her pokeball ant onto the floor. the ranger captain steps around her, using his jacket to block them both from the pecks, as tofu's cheeks crackle with electricity.

[break][break] "c'mon," he says. "let's go!"

[break][break] behind him, the pikachu bursts into a DISCHARGE.

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 0:30:52 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The cloud of feathers swooped down and enveloped the reporter miliseconds before Oliver could make headway toward the woman. They harshly nipped at her clothes, hair, and arms, tearing small pieces of skin and cloth from them with each peck. It took every piece of willpower to withhold the stream of tears that threatened to pour out. The pain stung, but she could handle it. For now.
[break][break]

"Ollie," She breathed, grateful. If there was one thing about that she loved, it was how reliable he could be. How, no matter the circumstances, she knew he'd be there, ready to catch her if she were to fall, or provide a lift. He was always there, always -- until he wasn't.
[break][break]

Hunching forward, she allowed herself to be shielded by the ranger's coat, and used the opportunity to flee the scene with him. Only when there was a decent gap between themselves and the murderous crows did she examine the wounds leftover. Small pieces of red were now scattered around her legs and arms, splitting off into ravines of dripping red. "Fuck," She cursed under her breath.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,326 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 3:42:15 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

ollie. the way she says his name now - grateful, tinged with affection - is the way she's supposed to say it. the way she used to say it.

[break][break] it tugs at his heart in a way that he can't deny.

[break][break] the wind is harsh on his lungs as they run from the scene of crime, leaving tofu to deal with impending disaster. it's only when they're a decent distance away that they slow to a stop, and ollie watches with concern as they both look down at her. red ribbons danced across soft skin, piercing where the crows had lay their talons deep.

[break][break] "we have to - "

[break][break] we didn't have to do anything. he swallows, reminding himself. "listen, i know i'm probably the last person you want to help, but there's a convenience store just around the block. i can get us a first aid kit." his expression seems a little frantic. "don't leave."

[break][break] he dashes off, just as tofu bounds up to penelope. the pikachu recognizes the reporter, ears twitching as it jumps onto her shoulder and nuzzles her cheek in concern.

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 16:32:32 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Yeah, okay." Barely a murmur comes out before Ollie is sent dashing down the street. A sigh follows as she kneels down beside the small Pikachu and offer her hand for pats.
[Break][break]
Ginger fingers trace the Pokemon's short yellow fur, thoughtful as her mind wanders off into little crooks and crannies. Memories far forgotten resurface, and, by the time the ranger returns, a light smile had somehow found its way across her face.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,326 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 18:15:54 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

in no time at all, ollie returns. he jogs back over to , plastic bag swishing at his side. he ushers her over to sit on the nearest curb.

[break][break] the smile on her face is like the sun after dawn, parting after a cloudy night.

[break][break] "here, i got us supplies. tofu, don't bother her." the pikachu seems to pay her trainer no minds, instead nudging her head further into the reporter's hands. while hanging out with ollie was fun and all, it was nice to have a woman's touch.

[break][break] ollie assesses her injuries quickly - the first part of ranger training! - and sets himself to work. he squeezes antibiotic ointment onto the worst of her scratches, and then gingerly places a pikachu-themed bandaid onto one of them. her other knee gets a mareep-themed one.

[break][break] softly, he murmurs, "... i'm sorry."

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 13:06:19 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She settled down onto the curb, legs outstretched in front of her, and allowed his trained fingers to go to work on her wounds, cleaning then bandaging each one with practiced ease. While he did so, she kept quiet. Her eyes instead sought comfort in the playfulness of little Tofu.
[break][break]
Oh, how she missed that Pikachu.
[break][break]
Only after he finished placing the last bandaid did she turn back to look at him. "Why are you sorry?" Her voice is soft, hushed, like the first snowflakes of winter. "You didn't do this to me."
[break][break]
Because he did more. Far, far worse than a couple of knicks and bruises.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,326 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 7:01:34 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

"for everything."

[break][break] his voice is painfully honest as he applies her bandages, focusing on the picture of the tiny pikachu in the center of her knee. it's easier than looking at her.

[break][break] as cheerful as ollie may be all the time, it is rarely that he is ever so somber — it's the effect has on him.

[break][break] he's has years to think about it.

[break][break] "for how i treated you today, and how i treated you back then. for how i didn't — " he takes a breath, and then looks up at her. "you deserve better, penny."

[break][break] he flashes a smile.

[break][break] "i'm an idiot."

[attr="class","ooc"]