awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
horizon
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2022 22:41:24 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

there are a few islands between pacifidlog and sootopolis. before her parents left for the warfront against sea!hoenn, sophia morningstar had encapsulated all of the estate's dragons and stored them at the pokemon center. it was shortly after losing alexander a second time, and then the two adoptive guardians, that she gathered every single one of her dragons and released them across these isles. 

their displacement has been...troublesome. over the past few weeks, she's been recovering with and hasn't come to let them out. but she fears their impact on the local wildlife. 

it's why she reached out through the ranger network to have a meeting with one of their cadets.

she stands beside lyune, watching her oceanic drakes splash about in the surf. the sky pillar looms in the distance and she feels a tugging. fingers come up to wrap around the black scale settled on her collarbone. 

lyune shuffles his wings and raises his head, tongue forking. freya follows his gaze and spies her company approaching.
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
horizon
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 3:10:51 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
[attr="class","annalluck"]
[attr="class","annalpostbody"]
"hello!" annalise greets, sunshine bright, as her altaria lands a comfortable distance away from the woman and the imposing figure towering beside her. she's never seen a salamence so big. her expression reads reverent, but her steps towards the pair have an edge of caution to them. cotton candy is slow to trail after her trainer, beady eyes fixed on the great beast.
[break][break]
"i'm annalise henderson, ranger cadet." she offers her hand. "beautiful salamence, by the way!"
[break][break]
her smile dims as pleasantries turn to business matters. she doesn't have the nitty-gritty details beyond what she was briefed on, but she can piece together a picture with what she has — sootopolis lockdown, dragons in desperate need of relocation. these pokemons lost their homes and it isn't a stretch of the imagination to imagine did too. a lot of people did.
[break][break]
"you're looking for a new place for your dragons, right?"
[break][break]
her gaze finds the horizon, flitting between the sea serpents mingling among the waves.
[break][break]

[attr="class","annalooc"] + cut one's losses

[attr="class","annalaccent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","annallyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","annalswarmbottom"]
[attr="class","annalpkmnbar"]

[newclass=".annal"]--accent:#d4a53c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
horizon
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 4:33:38 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

lyune is, by most standards, anything but beautiful. countless scars adorn his body; his wings are tattered sails, nigh dysfunctional save for the mechanism on his right side that wraps meticulously around his leg and his shoulder blade. alien, lizardlike eyes inspect the golden woman as she walks towards freya. his tongue forks once, twice, and then he rests his long head down and lazes to sleep. 

freya looks upon the beast fondly and then regards anna.

"yes," she says and grimaces. "they don't take kindly to captivity. with the people of sootopolis scattered, so too are my staff. they've been okay scattered across the isles here, but a friend in pacifidlog remarked on the fish population recently. or, lack thereof.

"we used to ship meat in, but with the boundary up..."
she trails off. the implication is there. 

"well, cadet? care to help?"
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
horizon
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 16:53:30 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
annalise feels more at ease once 's salamence lowers his head to rest. as her altaria finally joins her at her side, she places a comforting hand on her while the former councilwoman begins to speak. annalise drinks it in — the freedom-seeking dragons, the misplaced staff, the declining fish population, the lack of meat shipments.
[break][break]
annalise nods slowly, head swimming with ideas. this relocation is more complex than move a couple dragons around. the logistics will be interesting to say the least.
[break][break]
a nod, quicker this time, as freya asks if she cares to help. "of course!"
[break][break]
"if you don't mind me asking," she looks back toward the sea and has an inkling that these serpents are just the tip of the iceberg. there has to be more. "how many dragons do you have, exactly? i can come up with a more, um, solid plan if i know how many we have to move around."
[break][break]

@

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
horizon
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 20:05:05 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her dragalge and kingdra continue to play in the surf. a few dragonair twine around each other in the sky. dotted across some of the other isles are lumbering shapes, of which would reject a passerby trainer's capture attempts. there is admiration in her gaze, alongside her pride, of course, but the creatures are beasts first and foremost. 

"of course i don't mind," she says and as her gaze travels back to annalise, an apology coats her words. 

"over sixty."

she pauses. "i would offer them to be leased for a variety of jobs, but many of them are only...agreeable under my command. and like i said, the rest of my staff is scattered and many of them are not equipped to house the dragons they worked with while on the estate."
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
horizon
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 21:09:32 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
's apologetic tone does little to soften the blow of her admission. [break][break]
sixty? the number echoes in her mind, her face blooming with confusion, awe, shock. her eyebrows raise, but quickly come back down as annalise tamps down her expression into something more neutral.
[break][break]
"sorry, i — " she blinks. "it's just — you have a very impressive collection! i was imagining more like twenty or thirty, but i can totally work with this!"[break][break]
freya has enough dragons to put two or three on every route in hoenn. a reasonable amount of dragons per route, but the routes aren't all suitable for dragon inhabitants. it's a balancing act of making freya and her pokemon happy, while also not driving wild pokemon to extinction between the teeth of dozens of hungry dragons. [break][break]
"if it's okay with you, i think it would be good to, like, split up your dragons over several routes. this'll give the local wildlife a fighting chance to keep their populations up." she rubs her chin thoughtfully, looking off to the side. "meat will be hard to come by, but maybe i can convince some butcher shops to donate their scraps to your dragons. it won't be filet mignon, but it'll be something to hold them over."
[break][break]
without imports, hoenn struggles to meet demand for its citizens. annalise can't promise much except scraps and city raticate. [break][break]

"since your staff is scattered, i'd be happy to help with, like, feedings on some routes. and i'm sure i can rope in some other rangers as well — it'll be good training for us." off the top of her head, she thinks she can convince the likes of and to take up a job like this. maybe she could pay a visit and make this potential initiative an open invitation to any brave (or foolhardy) cadet. "in return, if there are, like, any that you think might be able to follow another person's orders, i think we could try and test out that leasing idea." [break][break]"it'll keep them sharp," she concludes, giving freya time to digest the plan and tailor it as she sees fit before they dive into the intricacies of moving sixty plus dragons.
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
horizon
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 21:42:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she laughs at annalise's reaction. not in a cruel way, of course, but genuine mirth colors her cheeks at her words. it's then that she's stricken just how long it's been since she has been around people. her station in the league is nonexistent as of right now, as she still hasn't worked up the courage to right things with

and everything else that's been on her plate lately...

blues eyes flicker to the spire in the distance and then back again. 

"i appreciate you," she says, first and foremost. she may not hold much status these days, but that doesn't mean she's forgotten her training. and shrugging aside habits instilled by the morningstars is night impossible. not that she minds. 

"i can draft a list of suitable habitats for most of them. if you wouldn't mind doing biological surveys from your end to measure their impact, that would be helpful. since hearing from pacifidlog, many of them are back in the pokemon center.

but you bring up a very real fear i have. they need to be kept sharp. and exercised. not only to keep them physically prepared for battle. my dragons are not domesticated pokemon - they are socialized. they respond to commands, they can work with tamers and handlers, but without constant commitment and contact, they will become unpredictable. wild. even detrimental in combat."

and with alternate versions of their selves crawling their way into their reality, having her army any less ready for an assault is out of the question.

she nods towards anna's altaria. "i'm sure you have some insight. altaria are known for their kind dispositions, but when provoked..." etherea has made quick, messy work of prey before.
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
horizon
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 1:25:09 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
's gratitude makes warmth creep up annalise's cheeks. i appreciate you feels so much deeper than the offhand thanks! she usually receives. even if it's just rote politeness from freya, annalise appreciates her for it. [break][break]
a laugh chimes, sheepish, followed by a wave of a manicured hand as though to dismiss the whole thing. "please, this is the least i can do for you and your pokemon."
[break][break]
she can't imagine what freya must be going through since sootopolis fell. maybe if annalise can take this weight, freya can focus on something else, something more pertinent than where to house her dragons.
[break][break]
"oh, that would be perfect!" she knows her dragons best — a draft from her pen would fast-track this relocation effort. annalise can only research habitats and hope there's no outliers in freya's flock. "oh, yeah, no, i don't mind! i came here knowing i'll need to study their, like, ecological impact no matter where they end up."
[break][break]
it'd be an interesting senior project if the meteor doesn't cut her last year of school short. [break][break]
annalise nods attentively as freya confesses her fears. her dragons are nearly feral, by her words, and isolation away from humans will make them regress further. a thought bubbles to the surface of her mind, the words she's always repeated about herself: you're just one girl.
[break][break]
freya can't visit and socialize dozens of dragons on her own, not without running herself ragged all over the region.
[break][break]
cotton candy lets out a peep when she nods in her direction. annalise looks over at her pokemon companion, her smile thinning at the thought of a provoked altaria. in the hands of a different, less restrained trainer, she can totally imagine her loyal altaria doing some damage. the thought cements her plan.
[break][break]
"right." she looks back at freya. "i'll coordinate something with hq so we can get people out there on a regular basis. maybe with enough feeding and socialization, we'll be able to take some of them out for ranger work. if not, we'll at least keep them in good shape for you."
[break][break]
her smile brightens, all teeth and optimism. someway, somehow, she's going to help take care of freya's dragons until sootopolis is liberated. "how does that sound?"
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
horizon
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 0:38:19 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

but, perhaps, what anna doesn't realize is that it isn't just casual pleasantries. freya's an analytical woman (or, as some would say, a pessimist) and her hopes that the ranger who'd come out here would consider her ridiculous request with the utmost care, and logic, is a pleasant surprise.

this had been an interview, of sorts, as well. most of her staff members have quit - losing family, losing their homes, well, she can't quite blame them. but asking around a few of those she'd trusted had landed her henderson's name - known for her optimism. considered naïve at times, but not to let that write off her innate desire to help people, and a steady enough head on her shoulders to help her accomplish that. 

"wonderful. i plan to be involved as well. i can mainly handle ensuring the right ones get into the right hands. they can do a lot of good, i think." when they're not terrorizing the locals. 

she takes a couple of pokeballs from her necklace and drops them at either side of her. the balls slap back up into her hands as two dragonair appear beside her. twin serpents look curiously at the altaria and the woman across from freya before humming with delight. 

"i wouldn't be much without them," she says. aeris, the one with the everstone wrapped around her tail, rubs her scaled head against freya's waiting palm. the other, sypha, dips her head respectfully towards annalise and flutters the wings aside her head in greeting towards the altaria. 
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,152 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
horizon
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 21:41:20 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
the relief that fills her is twofold. once for her idea not coming across as stupid and getting rejected by the heart of this operation. and once again for promising to be a part of this endeavor. it makes sense — these are her pokemon, after all — but it's a lot of time and hard work to be invested. finding the right hand for the right dragon means knowing her former constituents as well as she knows her beasts.[break][break]
"i think so, too," annalise says, beaming at the prospect. "and i think they'll be way happier with a job to do. the stimulation and socialization will help us avoid a lot of like, people-pokemon conflict, which is something we'll really need to, um, watch out for with this type of stuff."
[break][break]
a bored dragon (or several dozens of bored dragons) would cause this plan to collapse in on itself. annalise can only stretch herself so far as a cadet, especially if a bunch of pissed off civilians complain about dragon fire raining down on their gardens.[break][break]
"they wouldn't be the same without you, either," annalise replies, nodding her head politely as sypha dips her own. cotton candy lowers her beak. [break][break]"this is all just temporary." she wrings her hands, toys with the gems on her acrylics. "we'll get sootopolis back and then they can go back home."
[break][break]

@

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
horizon
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 23:22:00 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

there is a lot of work to be done to get this off the ground. a lot of paperwork and logistics to figure out - something freya never much cared for. and again, this little reminder that despite her trainings, was far and away ill-suited for the council position, makes her smile. she laughs softly, even, and shakes her head. 

"thank you," she says. 

for showing enthusiasm, for wanting to help, for looking forward.

"it's easy, in times like this, to let the tide drag you down." her dragons splash about in the surf, spraying foaming water around them. "it's nice to know the league has people like you."

but enough drivel and clout. "i think many of them would be useful as dispatch whenever one of those distortions happen. with proper training, one tamer should be able to handle at least a team of three. i'll reach out to my old employees as well and see if any of them are interested."
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
horizon
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 5:06:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: