Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
The Catalyst [M]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 3:15:02 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar

Nomi hurries down the narrow corridor, turning abruptly and skidding to a halt at the entrance to the scientific records section of Slateport University's main library. Valerian crashes into the back of her legs with an offended hiss, having been forced to run after his trainer, and Nomi has to catch herself on the nearby doorframe to keep from falling forward due to his momentum.

Her mouth breaks out into a wide grin when she spies waiting for her by the first row of stacks, however. Sorry I'm late! she mouths, not wanting to attract the ire of one of the librarians, some of whom were known to practically drag students out of the building by their collars if they were making too much noise. Once she's closer to her friend, however, she whispers quietly, "The bus was late today, of course. I made Val run all over campus, much to his chagrin." As if on cue, the Sylveon huffs with irritation, and pads over to hop up onto a cushioned reading chair to their left. He promptly shuts his eyes in an effort to nap.

Ceri is looking adorable as always in her fashionable summer attire. The two friends are only taking one lab this semester, but it's a high level one, and requires way more writing than Nomi had originally anticipated. It seemed like the professor wanted a different lab report, paper, or classification every week. Luckily, though, Ceri has always been particularly good with sample documentation, and the two had at least been able to study outside at the boardwalk, enjoying the warm sun and cool sea breeze rolling off of Slateport Beach as the city enjoyed the ongoing Splashfest. An occasional ice cream in-between textbook chapters hadn't hurt, either.

Nomi pulls out a piece of paper from her messenger bag, and surveys the required topics that had been listed by their professor for their current research paper. "Allright, well, I guess we should look for interesting studies to reference. This stack here is as good a place as any to start." She points at the shelves of varying colorful tomes directly in front of them.

ROCKET RECRUITMENT: ACT 1[break] [break]Nomi's Outfit

[googlefont=Source Sans Pro]
close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
Sweet, little, unforgettable thing
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
The Catalyst [M]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 14:34:41 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

She’s running on three hours of sleep, a cold shower, and a frappe from Sawsbucks with so many shots of espresso that she had almost forgotten the fact that it was originally supposed to be caramel flavoured. In true Ceri fashion, she’s ready for whatever life may throw at her, even if in this case it’s something as dull as working on a research paper for school. Ceri would much rather be at the lab or researching a topic of her choice, but alas, ya do what ya gotta do.
[break][break]
If anything, Nomi’s presence comes as a comfort. When she finally shows up, that is.
[break][break]
”Oh goodie! I was beginning to wonder if you had stood me up.” She teases her friend, giving her a wink to signal as much before her expression is overtaken by the brightest of smiles. Like the buzzing of a bee or a tireless hummingbird, Ceri’s words are filled with energy even when whispering, and it’s all said in the sweetest northern Galarian soprano. ”Sucks about the bus, though. I swear they’re always late when you least want them to be. But, hey, at least you got some cardio in, no?”
[break][break]
Much to the dismay of Nomi’s Sylveon.
[break][break]
It’s a good thing that Ceri’s own Salandit, Domino, is too busy napping in the sunlight that breaks through one of the library’s high windows, or he would probably be bothering the poor fairy type right about now. Sprawled on one corner of the table as he is, the lizard’s back and white scales look almost iridescent in the light, and Ceri gives him a couple of loving scritches before turning her attention to the shelves Nomi points towards.
[break][break]
”Yup, looks like it… Ugh, I wish they would digitise all these already. It sure would make searching waaaay easier.” She quietly whines, yet it’s all done while reading through the spines of tomes, nails painted of a bright yellow sometimes touching one or another before she gently grabs those which look most interesting and looks through them. Despite her complaints, it’s all done with care and diligence. ”Anything catch your eye yet, Nomi?”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Outfit Check ♡[break][break]
Mission - Recruitment: Act I

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtcg] --accent: #8999BD; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
The Catalyst [M]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2022 1:28:50 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar

Actually, something has caught Nomi's eye.

"This one looks interesting," Nomi murmurs in response to her friend's question, selecting a book from the shelf before her. Masters of Mimicry: An In-Depth Look at Illusory Pokémon and Their Unique Physiology. She flips to the introduction and reads a few sentences.

What lies beneath a Mimikyu's tattered rags? Why do Zorua so often choose the form of a small human child when transforming? Are Ditto the only Pokémon that can transform into inanimate objects as well as other living beings? This comprehensive collection of various scientific studies regarding the unique dispositions and biological make-ups of Pokémon whose existences seem entirely dependent on mimicry provides several in-depth answers to these and other poignant and intriguing questions. Our hope is to provide insight into the secrets behind Pokémon mimicry, ranging from theories focused on simple survival mechanisms to those involving the very fabric of our reality: perhaps, as is often the case with the illusory, there is more to these Pokémon than meets the eye.

Nomi skips ahead a few more pages, trying to discern which chapter to read first.

And then she freezes.

The Benefits of Mimicry as an Environmental Adaptation: A Two-Part Study of the Galarian Stunfisk by Dr. Yuri Sato

Nomi's face drains of color, and she feels her heartbeat quicken with a sudden rush of adrenaline. Her mouth becomes uncharacteristically dry as she tries to speak, a hoarse, tense whisper replacing her usual upbeat, kindly tone.

"Ceri...have I...have I ever told you about my parents?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
The Catalyst [M]
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 1:29:21 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Oh?”
[break][break]
Ceri steps closer for the sake of having a look at the book Nomi is holding, catching a couple of loose paragraphs here and there. Due to her recent very secret research with the subject she promised not to speak of, she had been learning quite a lot about Ditto as of late, their transformation abilities being the closest thing she has been able to find to those of the subject. The book is of interest to her even beyond this paper they’re supposed to write, and in it of itself, that motivates her a bunch.
[break][break]
”Galarian Stunfisk are nasty. Back when I was a kid, we always had to watch the mud ‘cause one might be there hiding. Once heard a kid got caught by one and chomped to bits, but it was probably one of those horror stories they tell kids to make them be more careful, no?”
[break][break]
She chuckles, fond childhood memories coming to mind. Although, admittedly, Circhester is so cold even in summer that things like those were mostly an issue for her when venturing out of the city. Ceri’s so distracted by these thoughts that she doesn’t notice the name of the research paper’s author at first glance, and because of this, Nomi’s question seems to come entirely out of left field.
[break][break]
”...Your parents?” No, she hasn’t. Ceri herself may be the one to blame for that, sine tries to avoid speaking about topics like those. Talk of her mum isn’t so bad, but her dad? And just who her living relatives are? She’d rather not get into all that.
[break][break]
”Nope. What’s up? You okay?”
[break][break]
Her head tilts just so slightly, gaze fixed on Nomi while offering a reassuring smile.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.twtcg] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtcg .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
The Catalyst [M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 2:30:57 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar

Nomi can't help but smile just a little at the oblivious way Ceri often rambles on about various topics once you get her going, but her expression soon sobers again as Ceri blinks, obviously confused about Nomi's comment regarding her parents. The other young woman tilts her head and gazes at Nomi with genuine concern. Nomi points to the name of the author of the Stunfisk article.

"Yuri Sato is my father, Ceri. Both of my parents are - were - renowned scientists." Her voice falters slightly as she hesitates, uncertain how to explain the situation. Ceri deserves to know the truth. The two had been friends for some time now, and Nomi felt completely comfortable around the other young woman, as if they were two different halves of the same whole. And yet, she feels suddenly nervous. It wasn't so much that Nomi didn't trust Ceri...it was more that, well, talking about her parents meant confronting a grief Nomi had been working very hard to compartmentalize on a regular basis.

"I've...been hoping to find out what happened to them," she explains, voice growing softer, and with an undercurrent of familiar sorrow. "They disappeared when I was a toddler; I hardly knew them. I have bits and pieces of blurry memories - a warm hug from my mother, a gruff chuckle from my father...but that's it. The only thing my Granny could tell me was that they were working on a top secret project for...for some sort of important organization in Kanto. There was some kind of accident, I guess...and they never returned home after that."

Nomi looks back down at the book in her hands, feeling a strange mix of wonder and determination. "When I'd look for information on what they were studying - back home, in Johto - nothing ever turned up. As if...they'd never existed there at all. But...here he is! In this book, at this library, at Slateport University of all places!" She paused, considering. "I admit, Ceri...part of why I wanted to go to school for science in the first place was so that I could follow in their footsteps, so to speak." She smiled somewhat sheepishly at her friend. She did like science, though, that much was still true.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
The Catalyst [M]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 19:16:54 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

She has always loved talking, often rambling on and on without even realising she’s doing so. But, when Nomi starts telling her about her parents, Ceri remains as quiet as can be, and through it all, she listens.
[break][break]
Their lives have been completely different, and that much is clear to her now. Her own parents may be gone, not a part of her life anymore, but she had known them both. There are countless great memories of her mother, even if now marked by grief and sorrow, and of her father there are countless too, even if most aren’t great at all. Ceri can’t even imagine what it must be like to not know one’s parents, to remember so little about them, and for it to be the life of someone who matters as much to her as Nomi… Well, it makes her feel rather sad for her friend. It makes her want to help her.
[break][break]
”Oh Nomi…That’s awful, I’m so sorry. Maybe we can figure out something about this book’s publication, yeah?” Ceri smiles back at her friend, in a bright and reassuring way, but one too many thoughts occupy her mind, overanalyzing every detail of what Nomi had just said.
[break][break]
”Wait… They were in Kanto?” There’s only one way to find information about Kanto now that it’s in Team Rocket’s control, and that is having access to the syndicate’s files. A top secret project for an important organisation in Kanto sounds like exactly the sort of thing Team Rocket would know about. Hell, the thought even crosses her mind that Nomi’s parents could have secretly been working for the syndicate before the region was occupied, but what were the odds of that?
[break][break]
Ceri wants to tell Nomi, but this is a public place, and even in whispers, speaking of her Rocket affiliation feels like it goes against everything she has known since first joining. Can she trust Nomi?
[break][break]
The answer is obvious, and with it being so, she leans in closer, looking at her friend in the eyes when speaking a question in a barely audible tone:
[break][break]
”...What if Rocket knows something about them, Nomi?”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
The Catalyst [M]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 3:12:15 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar

Team Rocket.

Nomi has heard of them, of course. Everyone has. But they're gangsters and thieves, aren't they? Stealers and smugglers of rare Pokémon, and other Black Market items - alcohol, drugs, priceless art, that sort of stuff. Sure, she'd heard rumors that they were causing more of a stir in Hoenn these days, but why would they know anything about her parents?

There was a war in Kanto a few years ago, remember? Team Rocket took over the entire region with their military. They wanted to invade Johto too, but weren't successful. Ecruteak never saw any of the fighting...

Nomi isn't particularly well-versed in region history, but she does remember that, during her high school years, there had been a lot of newspaper headlines covering the build-up to the takeover of Kanto. If Rocket was strong enough in Kanto to form a military capable of overthrowing the League government there...well, her parents had been in Kanto when they'd disappeared, hadn't they? Could Rocket have had something to do with that? It was many years before the war, but...that doesn't mean her parents couldn't have been involved with something Rocket had wanted...maybe something that aided their rise to power?

What if Mom and Dad...were helping Rocket willingly? a small, uncomfortable voice in the back of Nomi's mind whispers suddenly.

She shakes her head, trying to clear it. There are simply too many questions left unanswered. I've been bothered by this my whole life, and yet, I just kept trying to live normally, to be happy because it's what I thought Mom and Dad would want for me...but it's time I actually did something about it. If they were murdered...I need to find out who did it and why.

"If Rocket does know something, Ceri," Nomi murmurs back to her friend, voice nearly as inaudible as Ceri's had been, and yet, with a distinct undercurrent of determination to her tone. "Then how would I find that out? I wouldn't know the first thing about how to contact somebody in Team Rocket. Would you?" She eyes her friend, then, curious. Why had Ceri suggested Team Rocket all of a sudden?

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
The Catalyst [M]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 7:39:22 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Keeping such a huge part of her life a secret from those who matter to her has been one of the hardest things Ceri has ever had to do. It had driven her away from back when her mother passed, not wanting her girlfriend at the time to have anything to do with the crime syndicate. It had forced her to lie, to pretend, to act in ways she’d rather not, and to hide some of her greatest accomplishments.
[break][break]
There’s so much Ceri wants to tell Nomi. So much that she has forced herself not to speak of for three long years now.
[break][break]
”I would.” She admits, holding her friend’s gaze. She would because she is someone in Team Rocket, because she is one of their researchers. Ceri sighs, taking her friend’s hand and giving a gentle squeeze. ”Nomi… Remember I told you about my mum getting sick and how I was left with all those bills to pay after she passed?”
[break][break]
It had been the worst time of her life. She had worked every job she could, and been forced to put school on hold for a while. All while grieving the only family she had in Hoenn. She had been alone, scared, tired, hopeless, and to be honest, there was a single reason why she had even been able to get her degree and move on to grad studies…
[break][break]
”I was contacted by them back then. They… made me an offer. Helped me.”
[break][break]
Nomi has to understand what she means, right?
[break][break]
It’s all too rare for Ceri to act like this: serious, whispering words instead of ranting endlessly.
[break][break]
”I work for them, Nomi. I have since back then.”
[break][break]
She would have never imagined Nomi would be the first person out of Team Rocket to whom she'd say these words.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
The Catalyst [M]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 2:43:50 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar

Nomi's eyes widen at Ceri's confession, and she opens her mouth to speak, but then stops herself - too stunned to know what to say. Ceri works for Team Rocket? Her friend had been keeping this rather important piece of information from her as long as they'd been friends, it seems: that realization stung, and Nomi's chest tightens with a sudden influx of emotion. But then she really looks at Ceri - at the complete and utter trust beneath the general anxiety and caution in her friend's expression as they stand inches from one another in a public archive of neatly categorized scientific studies, discussing the gravely serious decision Ceri had to make after her mother's death - and all of the betrayal, confusion, and grief that had washed through Nomi mere moments ago vanishes all at once.

Ceri did what she had to do, Nomi resolves. Just like I'm about to.

Nomi takes Ceri's hand in hers and squeezes it reassuringly. She leans in close, so that her next whisper will be better heard by the other girl. Her mouth breaks out into a soft, amused smile. She nearly laughs out loud at the sheer absurdity of what she is about to ask Ceri: Rocket is dangerous after all. Will she ever be able to return to a normal life if she chooses to walk down this road?

My life was never normal. If that were true, my parents would still be alive. Whatever they were studying, it was important. So important it may have cost them their lives.

"Are they...are they still hiring?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
The Catalyst [M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 23:37:39 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Nomi’s response is not what Ceri expects it to be. She has every right to be angry at her, to be hurt, to be sickened by the thought of someone she trusted so much working for an organisation that has caused so much strife. Ceri has never cared about Team Rocket’s goals, nor about their actions, but she’s not foolish enough to act oblivious to the truth about her employers, and she’s all too familiar with the reputation they have among the civilians of Hoenn.
[break][break]
Nomi, however, asks her if they’re hiring and in doing so she achieves what not many people can do: she genuinely surprises Ceri Glynn.
[break][break]
”Oh.” Her mouth does indeed form a perfect “o”, only for a smile to soon begin to tug at her glossy lips. ”Hell yeah, I could totally set it up if that’s what you want.”
[break][break]
Thoughts of come to mind, of , even of her dreaded cousin . Rocket can always use more recruits, but above all else, in her opinion, they can always use more capable scientists. That has always been the aspect of Rocket that matters to Ceri. The only one that does.
[break][break]
Does Nomi just want to do this for her parents, though? To learn the truth? Or, is there more?
[break][break]
”But take a moment to think about it, Nomi. It’s a big decision to make, yeah?”
[break][break]
Her smile is faint and gentle, but is honest – full of love and care for her friend.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
The Catalyst [M]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 4:20:43 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar

Ceri's right, it is a big decision. But Nomi feels an intense resolve fueling her in this moment, and she shakes her head, waves of pink hair framing her face as she continues to smile softly at the other young woman. "Set it up, if you can," she urges gently, thinking only of the countless opportunities to hunt for answers and not necessarily about any of the actual danger. "It can't hurt to talk to someone who could use another researcher. I can work in a lab, like we do for school. A few jobs here and there...just enough to help me make some connections with...with anyone who might know something about what happened to my parents."

Nomi lets go of Ceri's hand then with one final squeeze, and slips Masters of Mimicry: An In-Depth Look at Illusory Pokémon and Their Unique Physiology into her messenger bag, intending to check it out of the library and read the entirety of it later that evening. How am I going to focus on our research paper now? All I can think about is Rocket. The whole situation feels absurd, and yet, it's also somewhat thrilling too. Ceri has been living a secret, risky life behind the scenes and it dawns on Nomi that this will give her a chance to look out for her friend, too, now that she knows what Ceri's been involved in.

In that moment, Nomi remembers the crazy car chase with the masked man () she'd taken part in recently, and how she and Valerian had held their own against several violent gangsters...and she realizes that perhaps Rocket will be gaining more than just a future scientist if they hire her to work for them. I'm nobody special, but I'm also braver than I look, Nomi thinks with determination.

"It's probably not safe to talk more about my decision here," Nomi admits to Ceri with a sheepish grin, glancing about to make sure they are still fairly alone in the stacks. "Sorry to put you in a difficult position, Ceri. Let's focus on our research paper for now, and...we can go over next steps later?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
The Catalyst [M]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 20:36:20 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtcg"]
[attr="class","main"]

Maybe Ceri is not exactly the best of friends.
[break][break]
She tries to find the will within her to stop Nomi, to tell her this is dangerous and that it's a decision she’ll eventually come to regret, but when she does so, she finds that the words aren’t there and nor are such sentiments. It’s dangerous, yes, but it’s exciting as well – an incredible opportunity that has opened countless doors for her, allowing her to do things she would have never even thought possible as a simple student. As for regrets? There are many things in this life Ceri does regret, but joining Team Rocket is not one of them.
[break][break]
Her smile does not fade.
[break][break]
”Nah, don’t apologise… I want to help. I bet the higher ups have access to files about all that, and there’s people we can ask like Doct–.”
[break][break]
Doctor . He had been in Kanto, hadn’t he?
[break][break]
Regardless, Ceri realises she’s getting ahead of herself, and ultimately Nomi is right: it’s best not to keep discussing Team Rocket in such a place. The thought causes her to chuckle, knowing well there’s no way in hell either of them can focus on their paper with all this in their heads.
[break][break]
”Okay, let’s figure this paper out and then we can chat!... Maybe get a drink or two, think we might need those.”
[break][break]
Considering everything she hasn’t told Nomi, it’ll probably be more than two.
[break][break]
Still, Ceri laughs lightly, and in doing so, she hears the distant shushing of a librarian. That only makes her giggle more, of course. Funny, isn't it? How even someone like this can be a criminal.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
The Catalyst [M]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 7:30:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: