part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FOSSA
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2022 9:52:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FOSSA

DAY 3 // A PERSONAL DEBRIEF

WHAT A MIRACLE a few days do. granted, a good deal of thanks is owed to but it takes time and rest to compound tapu lele’s boons. the morning of his third day in sees a range of motion that would’ve been impossible two days ago. it no longer feels like his body is tearing apart when he tries basic functions.

but he hides that from the rest of the world with a cast that’s been erect over his arms and legs. the way his body is broken up seems to mirror after their spelunking in regirock’s tomb.

an event that , for all his efforts, had missed out on. which means the reference will be lost on him.

at least he still gets the imagery.

lopez.

his door is open and their champion is a sight for sore eyes. if anyone will fill in the gap of the DARKEST DAY, it’ll be the champ.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FOSSA
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 18:18:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"ugh."

that's probably the most common greeting the councilman has heard, so kyle feels no remorse on not pulling back and being honest with his expressions.

kyle takes little time to recuperate compared to others due to ho-oh's inherent influence on him, though its effects seemed to be more subtle than those of other avatars. as such, he's the one most prepared, out of those present, to get back into office after the dreaded event.

on his arm was a printed copy of official police reports. he leaves it on the bedside table for fernando to read later.

"oh yeah, i heard what happened to you. should we talk about that or do we go with this first?"

bags underneath his eyes suggests that he hasn't slept well.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FOSSA
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 18:59:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FOSSA

FERNANDO SPARES JUST AN INCH of movement when kyle fills the room with the comfort of familiarity. he blinks at him twice before closing his eyes permanently.

whichever you prefer.

he leaves the choice up to him. after all, that’s what best friends are for.

do you want to talk or listen?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FOSSA
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 8:48:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there's a rumble on his throat, as if finding it hard to make a decision. he comes to a conclusion eventually with a sigh.

kyle straightens his back and reclines, making himself comfortable with his seat.

"you can read the reports whenever. let's hear it."

he's always late to the news about the conflicts his friends seem to experience. he supposed he wouldn't be able to act on it, but the ache still occurs.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FOSSA
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 9:02:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FOSSA

“INDEED.”

fernando relives the event within his mind. his perspective is far from accurate but it captures the big moment. how he interprets it, at least.

team rocket was able to find me. knew when and where.

his nose scrunches. one of the few actions he can do without hurting himself.

i was out of routine too.

his eyes remain closed as he tries his best to remember the battle. the scraps. the pain. the bleeding. that’s easy enough to remember. the faces, figures, and powers are different.

ambushed by their avatars. four of them, i think.

he mistakes for one. and in the chaos, he can only assume someone else was there too. with so many attacks thrown around, it’s impossible to be certain.

one’s a shapeshifter. i think another has super strength and one can fire projectiles. not certain though.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FOSSA
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 9:16:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his hand runs through his hair, ruffling it as he goes down the list of what fernando has mentioned.

"well, definitely different from miro's case. they really hated you, huh?"

he's not going to entertain the idea of rocket getting insider information. he knows the councilman's caution, and he's sure he's already aware of whichever opening he left himself with.

the first thing that comes out of kyle's mouth was the only appropriate way to react to this.

"want to get even with them?"

personal offences were already starting to pile on. if rocket can lump blunders for each individual person working for the league into one pile, it should be fair to do the same.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FOSSA
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2022 9:27:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FOSSA

“IT GETS WORSE.”

fernando takes his time when speaking. his words come out slow. pausing every so often when his jaw locks.

sorry.

it comes out a bit jumbled. illegible.

hurts to talk.

but his mind stays sharp. his sentiments echo kyle’s proposition. and, rightfully so, fernando will have his revenge. they all will.

but now is not the time.

so he cranes his neck. lets the uncomfortable squish of plaster and plastic crinkle as he tries to look at kyle.

meteor comes first. we’re running out of time.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FOSSA
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 19:31:51 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle breathes a heavy breath for a single instance.

he rubs the back of his neck as he composes himself again, having been reminded that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. meteor first, then whatever has invaded sootopolis, and all the way at the end of the list were personal vendettas.

"alright then."

he takes the printed copy of the reports and goes through them, flipping through the pages to review the same paragraphs and blocks of text that he himself has typed out.

short and straight to the point, just like how he likes them.

"where do you want to go first? casualties and damage reports, details of the invader, the chronological account of the event, or should we go straight to personal comments?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FOSSA
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 19:40:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FOSSA

“CHRONOLOGICAL,” is fernando’s favorite type of approach. let’s him dissect the order of events and raise questions as needed. sometimes, those questions are answered later on in the report. more often than not, they’re overlooked.

most importantly, he needs a time lapse of what happened once he went unconscious.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FOSSA
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 18:19:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle takes a deep breath.

"remember the blackout of slateport? it started like that..."

the series of events was described by kyle in the most kyle way possible.

each event was split into segments of what he thought were major points, told not from his own perspective, but one from a generic bystander. personal opinions and bias were taken out as he relays each event, resulting in a retelling that wasn't descriptive, but straight to the point.

"...relief teams are discharged right after. entry to sootopolis was met with little resistance from what i assume was from rocket having bigger messes to face."

kyle ends his story there.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FOSSA
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 19:00:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FOSSA

A NAIL BITING TALE BY ALL MEANS, fernando finds himself sinking as far into his pillow as the feathered fabric will allow. any questions he raises are small and miniscule, finding kyle’s pattern of storytelling more than adequate to paint a clear enough picture. the general consensus strike a chord with the INVASION OF MOSSDEEP.

they were not enough. they got lucky by some supernatural means. what had worked in mossdeep, which was nothing short of fate bailing them out, did not work as well the second time around.

the only question that remains is the one no one seems to know.

any idea on the cause?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FOSSA
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 18:20:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he folds his arms and dips his head, trying to compare and contrast between the two events. he draws blanks and starts reaching out for the furthest relations just to mention something.

"compared to the blackout of slateport, there's no correlation for the cause between the two. the first instance was shortly after the end of the three day war so ultra space activity might have been a trigger. there's nothing similar with sootopolis', unless you count the tree's sudden appearance, but the time frame between the two isn't as short as the first time."

he sighs.

"having two of them suggests the existence of more. i don't really have any definitive lead about them besides that special silvally memory i mentioned before."

he doesn't have it with him, but if fernando's head wasn't too damaged from having an eye ripped out, it should still be on his memory bank.

"i got field data for it with that. i didn't include it on the report since it didn't really help much on the fight-" as far as kyle believes so. "-but it managed to act accordingly to that creature's behavior. it's the best thing we have to prepare against it, as far as i know."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FOSSA
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 18:27:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FOSSA

“AH,” is the recognition of a dead end. fernando agrees, to an extent, that the events are unrelated. at least with the knowledge they have upfront. however, like with any jarring puzzle, the most obvious piece, necrozma, tries to reinforce otherwise. it takes conscious effort to disregard it when trying to look at the events objectively.

speaking of silvally, how did yours fare?

despite the pokemon’s obvious use against ultra beast, they understand very little about it. the discovery of memories and the applications were revolutionary at the time, but that just scratches the surface of what they know.

what do you mean by not helping?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FOSSA
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 18:46:35 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle thinks for a proper explanation, but settles with an analogy.

"who do you think wins between, let's say, a pichu and tapu fini?" despite how distasteful it was, kyle remains ignorant and currently has no knowledge about the legendary's status. nevertheless, the message was clear.

"right matchup, but not enough firepower."

it didn't help that he has his attention spread out to multiple pokemon that fight, giving little support to the independent beast killer, but he still stands with his assessment.

"it acts as if it's an ultra beast with the way it fights it, but it just cannot defeat it on its own. there's a big disparity in raw strength, i guess that's how you can word it."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FOSSA
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 18:52:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FOSSA

“INDEED,” should be understood as fernando’s substitute for ‘yeah’ or ‘sure’. the reference sink deep beneath the sea of his stark expression. it hurts more than it should have but that’s more to do with his sour intake on his condition. the pokemon itself is seen as collateral.

like the ones in mossdeep,” is his murmur of recollection.

how did solgaleo fare? you still have it, yes?