6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FOSSA
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 19:02:15 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it's the one thing that saved them during the last time. this time wasn't as fortunate, given the sacrifice it had made back then.

"it went under its control again. took both my terrakion and matias' virizion to take it back."

it was easier to think of what went wrong, but kyle forces himself to be optimistic about it and differentiate the wins from the losses from that encounter.

"it managed to open up a wormhole to ultra space though, albeit with the help from the other side." the ability was thought to be lost brings a spark to kyle when he's been trying multiple times to get it back. "solgaleo still managed to attempt to fight back before that, so at least we know that it wouldn't act against me without a direct order from that creature."

he scratches his head.

"i guess that's why i took out the special memory from my silvally mid fight so i couldn't capitalize on it. it did grew dark crystals whenever it has it equipped, so i wasn't sure if it would've experienced the same fate."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,751 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FOSSA
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 20:29:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FOSSA

DAY 3 // A PERSONAL DEBRIEF

AN ALARMING DEVELOPMENT which highlights just how powerless they may be. they cannot rely on either the beast killer or the beast itself to put a dent into this creature. by all means, they have no solution but to let it do as it pleases. at least, that’s what it seems galar has resorted to.

so can solgaleo travel into ultra space again?

that would provide them the highly sought after alternative that many are desperate to pursue.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FOSSA
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 17:16:51 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"nope. tried to open a wormhole through a distortion before. thought that would be where the boundaries between planes will be the easiest to open up. we failed big time."

he hasn't tried anything else outside of that one instance, but it's all he needs to know to realize that anything else wouldn't work outside of major sacrifices. they could risk it, but chances of success were too slim to even consider it as viable.

kyle remembers one important point.

"oh, yeah, before i forget, the same force that distorted sootopolis when rocket took over it stopped our progress. deliberately."

[/quote]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,751 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FOSSA
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 17:46:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FOSSA

KYLE BRINGS UP A GOOD POINT. an important note that, when combined with the insight of several others, connects missing piece of a grander puzzle. ’s theory about the dome and its role in the ecosystem comes to mind and will sit at the front of his hypothesis until maldacena confirms otherwise.

have you tried after this incident?

he circles back to an earlier point that is still ripe for discovery. he knows better than to suggest it, unable to take the thought back once ousted, but he has a feeling kyle will ultimately explore it regardless of his warnings.

or do you think the wormhole was only possible because it was opened from the other side?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FOSSA
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 19:30:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he would be lying if he said he did not want to make another attempt, but it was one of the cases where he allows logic to dictate his action over the natural pull of curiosity.

"i haven't tried yet. i can't risk death from either the necrozma from ultra space, or the one that blasted us last time."

kyle wasn't sure if the last time was them barely surviving an encounter or a precise warning shot to deter them, but the end result was clear regardless.

even if he didn't have a heart, risking his solgaleo was a mistake he shouldn't make given their limited options to survive this timeline.

"but i don't have much information to work with to make a general conclusion, but it definitely needs assistance to open up one, one way or another. i tried with stonjourner and charjabug, but unown and necrozma has the most success."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,751 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FOSSA
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 22:09:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FOSSA

“SMART CHOICE.”

some praise shouldn’t have to be announced but fernando does so to reinforce such thinking. kyle’s previous trip to ultra space is irksome in it’s own right but balder’s blunder overshadows the champion’s recklessness.

interesting. makes sense considering the syndicate.

thoughts wander and there is much to dissect. fernando cuts wildly, taking a stab at whatever comes to mind.

necrozma can control solgaleo?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FOSSA
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 19:00:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you say that like it's not common sense..."

a praise for a choice he thought everyone would've done feels weird. it felt like being treated like a kid, and it's weird to hear it from fernando when the recipient wasn't someone else.

sometimes, he forgets that the bar was so low that anything neutral was already a positive.

"i think so," he answers fernando's query. "it happened when i tried to have it suppress it. i wonder if there's a connection, but i'm guessing it's the crystals instead of that action."

he wonders if there's a possibility of taking the growths away from it.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,751 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FOSSA
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2022 7:33:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FOSSA

“YOU SAID WYNTER’S BUZZSWOLE LASHED OUT TOO,” is fernando tracing back the finer detail’s of kyle’s second hand account. whether or not he physically saw it doesn’t discount just how much of an impression it made among those present. word gets out, in more ways than one.

do you think it’s related?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FOSSA
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 18:14:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he didn't think much of the buzzwole at the time, so his conclusion comes from face value deductions.

"the only connection i can guess from that is that shadow pokemon all had some sort of influence from ultra beasts, and that necrozma and shadow pokemon are related at some point."

he wasn't an expert on that topic, and while he's interested in ultra space, most of it was from the childish sentiment of customizing his silvally like it's some sort of zoids.

"why did you ask? is something on your mind?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,751 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FOSSA
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 5:50:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FOSSA

“JUST CURIOUS,” is his dismissal now that kyle doesn’t seem to agree with him. he still lays it out for clarifications sakes but the fact they don’t see eye to eye makes it seem more like grasping at straws.

necrozma can control solgaleo and wynter’s buzzswole seems to go against him as well. it could be coincidence or a connection.

further evidence is needed to situate on either side of the assessment. should ’s report include such details, their connection becomes even fuzzier. for the nihilego was unaffected but her blacephalon was. an odd intricacy among pokemon they understand little about.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FOSSA
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 9:15:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle shrugs.

"i'm going with the assumption there's a connection." he has two options on what to believe in, and he goes with the latter. "better to think that way and having it turn out to be by chance than the other way around, i think."

they can pray it won't happen again, but lowering the risks by assuming all things go south next time was the safer play.

"either way, i suppose we can only assume things right now. there's a few connections to be made, like how they're both from ultra space, and shadow pokemon first appeared with regular pokemon interacting with ultra beasts, but, yeah. i don't think i'm an expert on that field to make good guesses like that."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,751 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FOSSA
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 19:51:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FOSSA

“FAIR ENOUGH.”

all they have are their theories. but in a world where they understand little, they must make due with what they have on the field. a game of elimination and conjectures. like counting cards.

what do you think rocket was doing? sounds like they found a way to create a necrozma?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FOSSA
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 18:49:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle tilts his head with fernando's question.

"were they doing something?" he asks. "i thought it just appeared out of nowhere like the last time, only now it's attracted by the tree of life instead of ultra space."

kyle relates this to fernando's recent experience with rocket, accounting that he might have learned something from the brief moment they got him.

...or maybe he's just giving rocket the benefit of the doubt.

"whatever it is, it's not something they have a clear grasp on. i doubt they'll go for it, given their... uh, recent developments."

they always played safe ever since silas' death. they went from fun to boring, but kyle can't judge them for it since kyle played similarly.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,751 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FOSSA
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 22:02:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FOSSA

“I HAVEN’T HEARD OF NECROZMA SHOWING UP PRIOR TO SOOTOPOLIS.” which, could just be by chance. his own reach has been confined to the reams of his hospital bed. the most he can pull is from what’s posted online and murmured rumors in the halls.

perhaps.

he pauses for a good moment before honing his stare onto kyle’s.

where does that put us now?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
FOSSA
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 3:43:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"darkest day?" kyle reminds fernando. "it didn't have a name then, so i guess that's where the confusion comes from."

it was only this event that connected the two together. what was thought to be an ultra beast turned out to be something else much larger, given that it wasn't confined to ultra space.

for the conclusion, there's only one answer he can give and kyle gives a pessimistic tone to go with it.

"well, nothing."

it is as what kyle had said before during their last talk like this. there's nothing to do but wait for the best and react accordingly. whatever information they had was not enough to actually prepare for the worst.

"we can paint it as info gathering, but at the end of the day, we still haven't learned much from it to stop it."

[/quote]