315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
I'm The Devil You Forgot [m]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2022 18:53:36 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

Why was it whenever Nico left Matt alone, he always seemed to get into trouble? Like trouble was always beckoning him into it's chaotic grasp. Honestly he was even annoyed at himself for getting into this situation.

What exactly did the man get himself into?

Following some shady people around all day, only for it to pan out to not be what he thought it was. After that one guy, he had been a little of edge on the whole manner. During all of it however... he noticed his pokeballs had gotten snatched off him. Which, in turn, made him panic. No way he was telling Nico! He'd dump him! That wasn't acceptable. So he went on a mad hunt around the entire town, trying to find any lead he could on where the hell his pokemon were taken off too.

It lead to him following those two shady people into a a old warehouse. Inside, he saw people fighting with... pokemon. But humans against pokemon. It had him arching a brow at that. That was... kind of cool, honestly. Was this legal? It left a sour taste on his tongue.

"Welcome folks to The Warehouse! Where trainers come and show off they got what it takes to not just be a pokemon trainer, but a battler too! Can't fully be a complete team without knowing what they go through too, right?!"

The crowd cheered. It made Matt's heart skip a beat. Feeling his blood pumping. That was exciting...

Oh wait- he was here because of his pokemon!

"Winners get these three pokeballs found on the street!"

Ah, shit. They... no it couldn't-

"A Arcanine, rockruff, and riolu!"

Shit.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 2:15:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The Warehouse? That was the best name they could come up with? Sheesh. If this was what the competition was like, than Isaac knew the Blackwing Bazaar was going to take off like a rocket. You know, when it had more of a production budget than hand-me-downs and bus fare. Even now, Isaac kept an eye and a ear out as he went through the crowds, thinking of ways he could flesh his personal endeavors out.[break][break]

It sounded like this little warehouse show specialized in human and Pokemon battles. Interesting idea. They also played for keeps with lost and stolen Pokemon. Less interesting idea. You were never going to reach out and touch the mainstream if you were playing for lives. Frankly, Isaac had enough of that crud when he was on Rocket duty. And at least Rocket usually had a purpose behind their thefts, as much as Isaac hated it. Only amateur criminals messed around with a bunch of random Pokemon Rockruff, Riolu, and Arcanine.[break][break]

Wait. Hold on a minute. Where had Isaac heard those names before?[break][break]

Shit. That's right. That raging asshat with the cute, sweet Rockruff! Those were his other teammates! Who did that guy pick a poorly thought out fight with this time? Isaac scanned the crowd, trying to see if there were any familiar faces around. But the warehouse was densely packed for its size, especially with everyone pushed to the edges to make way for the fighters. Ugh. He didn't have time for this.[break][break]

Fuck it. Someone needed to look out for that Rockruff. Isaac adjusted his mask, making sure it wouldn't fall off in the scuffle, and confidently stepped forward. "Count me in," he said, rolling some tension out of his neck and stretching out his arms. That cocky smirk slipped right back onto his face as he looked the event's MC dead in the eyes. "But you'd better hit me with your best shot."

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]322 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
Homie better put your pride aside I’m a Benz and you’re more like a Volvo
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 5:29:35 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

Shit, shit, shit, shitty shitty shit.

"Me!" He hollered across the crowds.

People began to part like the red sea, allowing the bulky man through and to wards the center where the circle was forming to allow the fighters in. Matt cracked his neck, then popped his fingers. Red eyes scanning the crowd for who his opponent was going to be. Gaze landed on Isaac. He froze, brows furrowing as his eyes went intense.

Was he trying to win the fight to get his pokemon?!

Did he DO this?!

Gritting his teeth, he puffed his chest out, holding his arms out towards him. "Couldn't just fuckin' take it out on me?! Had to drag them into it?!" Matt why did you have to assume things?

"Fine, this time I'm going to kick your ass!"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 5:41:38 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]The way Isaac saw it, if Matt wasn't here, he'd at least be someone that could keep an eye on the Pokemon until they were somewhere safe. And if Matt was here? Well, seeing him of all people stepping up would be enough of a shock to the system to startle him out of the crowd.[break][break]

The latter was exactly what happened, Matt striding out of the crowd and talking plenty of shit Isaac's way. "Yep, you got me," Isaac said, eyes narrowing in irritation. "I care so much about you that I staged an entire underground fight club just to steal your Pokemon. Twice."[break][break]

Okay. Okay. He got the sass out of his system. "Two problems with your plan, buddy. One, I've got bigger fish to fry than this little rinky-dink popsicle stand. And two, this ain't a human fight club. This is where human and Pokemon fight to see who comes out on top, right? See the other side of the Pokeball and all that?"[break][break]

Isaac jabbed a challenging finger at the event organizer. "You've got two challengers here, and a crowd that's out for one thing and one thing only. So how about you hit us with something big enough for two, and we all figure things out from there?" he asked. "Or are you all bluster, no bite? After all, if the best you can do for prizes is some Pokeballs you picked out of a random guy's pockets, I doubt you've got anything you can throw at us that'll impress me."[break][break]

Did Isaac seriously just try to draft Matt into a team effort? Why yes, yes he did. But what was the guy going to do? Say no, I don't want to get my Pokemon back? As he made his offer, he leaned back casually against the wall of the arena. He kept one eye on Matt and the other on the MC running this show. How both of them responded to this little challenge would be very, very enlightening.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]335 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 19:59:46 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

Matt wanted to fight Arceus himself for doing this to him. Why him? No need to throw a pity party, it was useless. One didn't get shit done moping around because of their mistakes. You took action, which was what Matt was doing. Catching on though, he realized he may have popped off too soon- why would he want to have to fight to get the pokemon if he stole them? Use your head, he could hear Nico yelling. Exhaling slowly, two could play the goading game.

"Yeah, give us an actual challenge, you lowlife." Arms crossed over his chest, puffed out like he was offended by the thought they were gonna make him fight this..

Twink.

The MC got caught right in their plan. "Well you hear that folks, these two want a challenge! So why not give them what they want?!" The crowd erupted in cheers.

Moving out of the way, the MC allowed room for something further in the back to come make it's way into view. A larger than normal Sawk. Cold eyes went to the two in front of him, stepping forward into the makeshift ring that had been made for them by the crowd. Bringing it's hands up, he watched them expectantly. Motioning with his hand for them to come forward and fight.

Matt looked towards Isaac, staring him down hard. ".... I don't know why you're helping me, if it's gloat or rub it in my face, fine. I just have to get them back."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 23:21:25 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh, damn. That Sawk was big. Even regular specimens were lean, mean fighting machines, to say nothing about this souped-up version. If it was able to land a direct hit on these two, this could get seriously painful. Suddenly, Isaac was glad that his lessons were primarily focused around dodging and wearing foes down. That'd be the only way he stood a chance today.[break][break]

Nevertheless, he folded his arms, doing his best to luck unimpressed. "Just Bert, eh? Guess Ernie couldn't make it," he said, dismissively waving the MC off. "Well, well. I guess it'll do for now."[break][break]

The other man was back to staring holes clean through Isaac. In response, Isaac could only offer a cheeky smirk. "What am I supposed to do? Just let that poor pup get snatched off the streets by some two-bit crook?" Isaac asked. "I'm just glad you showed. Means less post-beatdown babysitting for me. Now, c'mon. We doing this?"[break][break]

He motioned for the Sawk to bring it on, then mimicked his fighting stance. Because yeah, no, there was no chance in hell Isaac would be making the first approach here. He liked not being snapped in half like the twink he was, thank you very much. No, between Matt being the physical powerhouse of the two and the Sawk being a fighter in its own right, Isaac was banking on one of the two to take the first approach.[break][break]

Instead, his eyes were on two things. First: any sort of foreign object he could get his hands on to even the odds. Even just a loose plank would do in a pinch. Second: for any sign that someone besides him would be kicking things off. The second he could fade into the background, he'd start trying to maneuver outside of the Sawk's field of vision. The best place to strike from was the shadows, without a doubt.

The best laid plans always had their risks, though. If the Sawk charged him first . . . well, he'd just have to get moving, huh?

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]340 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2022 23:59:15 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

It puzzled him why he was so concerned over Kazzy. Did he really just want to steal the pup? Or did he actually give a crap? Kazzy only was being nice to him after the fight.. .That was neither here or there right now. Turning his attention to the Sawk, he looked him over. They were roughly the same height, even if this Sawk was built even for it's size. Crap. One wrong punch and he'd send Matt to the hospital.

He would have normally been the first to make a move- however the Sawk did. Kicking off the floor in a blue blue, going straight for Isaac. Matt thought for the briefest moment to let him have it- but no. Quickly shoving himself between Isaac and the Sawk, he got knocked to the side. Matt stumbled, feeling the hand that smacked him had hit his shoulder. It hurt like hell. Rolling his shoulder as he spat towards the Pokemon.

"All you got?" He hissed, bringing his fists up and motioning with his fingers. "Bring it on."

A new fire was lit under the Sawk. It swooped for Matt, who was lucky to dodge it's swings. Ducking and dancing back, smirking towards the pokemon. "What, can't hit me?"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 2:12:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh, shit. The blue blur was speeding right Isaac's way. He tried to get in motion, but the Sawk was a lot faster on the direct charge than he was on the scape. Isaac knew that, if he got tagged, things were going to get real nasty, real fast.[break][break]

Much to his surprise, Matt wasn't all about that. The guy leaped right between the two, taking his lumps on the chin and motioning for the Sawk to bring it on. Holy shit. He didn't let Isaac get his block taken off for an easy advantage, or even shove him out of the way to get a bit of petty revenge. No, he stepped up, and in a massive way.[break][break]

What the fuck, this guy was actually kind of cool?[break][break]

Maybe before, Isaac would've been content to let Matt play rope-a-dope a bit while he looked for a particularly sturdy piece of whatever to smash the Sawk in the face with. But after that? No. No, Isaac wasn't letting that go unrepaid. Instead of slithering off to get his hands on something better to work with, he stalked toward the Sawk with intent burning in his eyes.[break][break]

With each dodge, Sawk got more focused, more enraged, more intent on smashing Matt's face in. Slowly but surely, the tunnel vision started to set in, Isaac becoming little more than a distant memory in the back of Sawk's mind.[break][break]

That left him wide open for Isaac to leap towards his back, wrapping an elbow tightly around his neck and locking in a sleeper hold as hard as he could. His legs wrapped around the Sawk's waist tightly, his head and hand pressed against the back of the Sawk's head to force him deeper into the crook of his elbow, and his body weight swayed back and forth to try and force the Sawk off balance.[break][break]

The Sawk turned bluer than usual as it stumbled back and forth, trying to wrench Isaac's elbow down to give itself breathing room. "Hurry! Give him everything you've got!" Isaac said. "I dunno how long I can hold him for!"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]352 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 16:32:50 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

It was like second natural to Matt. To step up and protect others. A reason he wanted to be a ranger, to protect people. Even if the other reason was probably selfish. His thoughts though right now were distracted; dodging and ducking swings. Watching how angry the Sawk was growing from the fact he was able to dodge. "Ain't you ever heard takes more to swing and miss than me to dodge your dumbass?" He taunted the Sawk.

It worked! It just kept swinging. Getting more enraged the more Matt egged it on. Red eyes flashed to Isaac, surprise coming over his face as the Sawk was grabbed and being choked out. Without hesitation, Matt swooped in. Taking several jabs to the Sawk's chest, knocking what air it had in it's lungs back out. Before a swift uppercut to the chaw. It was like punching a mountain, it hurt like hell.

There was no stopping Matt though, he kept swinging. Until he stepped back, panting as he rubbed his knuckles. The Sawk was bruised and lumped, gasping for air. It... made Matt feel bad. Frowning as he spat at the ground. "This is over. Give me the pokeballs!" He demanded to the MC, who was just grinning.

"But that was only the first event! Sawk here has a sibling that would love to take you two on, as well!"

Matt blinked, shaking his head. "Hey! No! That wasn't the deal you fucker!"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 17:37:21 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Okay, okay! He had enough. Isaac let up on his sleeper, sliding off of the Sawk's back as Matt stepped away. The two of them have left the Pokemon taking deep breaths and covered in black and blues. Honestly, Isaac was amazed how smoothly that went. A two-on-one situation was clearly a dangerous position to be in, even when you were a Fighting typr, huh?[break][break]

Isaac had the feeling their luck would've run out real quick if this fight ended up any more drawn out. But both he and Matt seemed willing to stop at just tiring the Sawk out instead. "Not bad," Isaac said, shooting a grin Matt's way. He definitely made the right call not being on the business end of those fists.[break][break]

Unfortunately, the crowd wanted more, and the MC agreed. It sounded like Sawk's sibling was on its way; Ernie finally showing his face around here? Matt called the deal some serious bullshit, but Isaac wasn't about to let it get to him. "Hey, if he wants to even the odds, that's his choice," Isaac said. "And to think, the Pokemon here need to team up just to stop a couple of regular joes. You're really sending out your best and brightest, huh?"[break][break]

Isaac was playing with a little bit of fire here. But it was clear he wanted the MC to be burned before he was. "I'll take your upped ante. But on one condition. If you lose, these two are free to choose whether they stay or go," he said. After all, he couldn't lie, he felt kinda bad for this Sawk too. With the adrenaline fading, something about this fight felt off. Was it really just the element of surprise that made this so easy?[break][break]

"Well? Gonna put up, or gonna shut up? The crowd's waiting, man!"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / @

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 0:26:28 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

Matt huffed. Really? How was this just getting worse, and worse... Sighing, fine. "Hmhp." It wasn't a no, so. The MC was smirking, eating all this up, along with the crowd. Who all were now parting ways for another Pokemon to come through. A Throh. Yes, of course that was the sibling.

Fighting wise, this would should realistically be tougher than the Sawk. The bigger build, built more for taking and throwing hits. Looking at Isaac, he motioned forward. "By all means, since you started this fight." He paused, looking back to the pokemon. "... I got your back." He meant it.

"Alright, let's get ready to rumble!" Yelled the MC, the Throh came to the ring. Stamping it's feet and clapping it's hands together. It was ready.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 3:22:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Sawks at least were kind of glass cannony. If they hit you, it hurt. Bad. Like, real bad. But if you could get a hit in on them in turn, they felt it. Their wiry bodies were very strong, but they were pure strikers who tended to have a bit of a trouble in a grapple. Overall, it was a surprisingly good matchup for Isaac and Matt, if you were going to force them to fight any Pokemon. Even if Isaac was still convinced the poor thing was either mistrained or mistreated.[break][break]

Now, Throh, it's more defensive counterpart? That was going to be trouble. It was a master of the counterattack, and that meant Isaac and Matt were going to have to make the first move. Its thicker body was perfect for sponging up damage, and while it hit less hard than Sawk that comparison was like comparing a freight train to a taxi. Either way, you were in for some shit.[break][break]

And Isaac was first up on the chopping block today. "Yeah. I probably deserve that one," he admitted. Keeping his stance low and his feet fast, Isaac slowly began to advance toward the Throh. It obliged, stomping the ground like a sumo and lowering into a deep stance of its own. It was painfully easy to see which of the two was more experienced. And bigger. And buffer.[break][break]

There was a disaster incoming. But Isaac bravely strode towards it nonetheless.[break][break]

Finally, it came time for the approach. Isaac and the Throh stared each other down, tension sparking in the air between them. And then the Throh shot forward, trying to tackle Isaac down to the ground. Panic flashed in his eyes, but Zev's words echoed through his head. Get a low, wide stance, so someone bigger than him ("Let's be honest, kid, that's not very hard") couldn't just scoop him off his feet. Get his hands out to prevent them from just bulldozing through. And sprawl, sprawl, sprawl for his life.[break][break]

He waited until he could feel the fight leave the Throh, then pushed up. So long as he could keep the fight off of the ground, he'd be safe-[break][break]

Oh. Oh dear, it recovered quick enough to grab Isaac by the ankles. It sprang up to its feet, then began spinning Isaac around and around by the ankles for the big swing. Why did Pokemon have to be so dang strong!?

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]404 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2022 22:49:58 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

Matt really had to stop himself from losing his mind over the scene before him. Some sweet justice was being served to this punk, but he said he had his back. Like a true dumbass, he charged forward. Going to slam himself right into the back of the pokemon, grabbing under his arms to try and yank his arms back into a hold. At least enough to let Isaac get thrown off to the side and free-

It wasn't a good idea at all.

The pokemon wiggled free, socking Matt right in the jaw. It sent the man flying back into the crowd and into the ground. He spat blood, rubbing his chin and then looking... pissed off. Like he was seeing red. Getting up, he rolled his shoulders, raising his hands waving the pokemon too him.

"Alright you overgrown lipstick, come at me."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2022 0:21:48 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Unfortunately, when your arms were focused on socking Matt in the jaw, you weren't focused on keeping your guard where it mattered. Isaac sprang off of the ground, shouldering tackling the Throh right in the gut. Even as his shoulder crunched against its rock-hard abs, he managed to score a reaction; the Throh buckled over, wheezing from the pain.[break][break]

"It can't stop both of us!" Isaac said, only for the Throh to rise to its full height and loom over him. He dodged the first few probing grabs, answering with hasty jabs of his own, but the Throh got a sense of his rhythm and caught his wrist in a big, meaty fist. It pulled Isaac in by the wrist, then snapped a tight headlock around his neck. "Hurry, keep the pressure up, we got this," Isaac wheezed, hoping Matt would knock the Throh off of him before the choke really got wrenched in.[break][break]

On paper, it was a good plan. However, in practice, they weren't the only three competitors on the battlefield. The Sawk, who had crept out of view, watched his brother being ganged up from the sidelines. Was he just going to sit by and let it happen? Hell no! He slapped his cheeks to get his head back in the game, then glared daggers at Matt from behind.[break][break]

He sprung out from the shadows, quiet footfalls the only warning that there was a mighty Karate Chop coming Matt's way!

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]243 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Martyin

He/him
December 20
Foretree City
Gay
Trainer
Civilian
Matt Vice
Taken
40 height
40 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nicodemus
nicodemus unken
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 18:57:16 GMT
nicodemus unken Avatar

Tracking Matthew’s trail had been paradoxically easier and harder than Nico expected. For the most part, Tekka was surprisingly cooperative! Her rings illuminating only slightly as she acquiesced to his orders. Worryingly, Matthew was not further into the wilderness but rather, deeper in town… Somehow crossing paths with what Nico might have callously described as unsavory people. Shifty glances, secretive clothing, and dangerous attitudes were just a few of the characteristics Nico could point out as he observed the neighborhoods they passed. The deeper they went, the more inclined he was to pull the hood over his head and zip up his jacket, obscuring the shrunken Pokeballs underneath. Only Juvon reframed from hiding in his Pokeball, opting inside to hide in Nico’s blond hair, lying flat against his skull to avoid bulking up the hood noticeably.

“Let’s be careful here…” Nico whispered in warning to his two Pokemon, hearing a soft rumble from Tekka’s throat and feeling Juvon’s claws tighten in response.

Eventually, a warehouse came into view. Er, The Warehouse, which was apparently used for something different than most other buildings of its type. Lights and crowds were visible even from the outside. Nico’s heart started beating rapidly as possibilities filled his mind; a Pokemon black market? A gang hangout? Kidnapping ring? His jaw clenched, and an internal decision had been hastily made. “Around the back…” He interrupted the Umbreon’s gait, grateful to see the alpha-sized ‘mon stop and turn to make eye contact. “…look for an opening. On my signal, blow it open.” An understanding filled the dark-types glowing eyes, and her large ears fluttered ever so slightly. Nico knew he had just unleashed hell. “Please, do not get caught.” He’d add, seeing Tekka’s nod before she’d turn away.

Before the dark-type got too far ahead, he’d let out Lilypad. The two matched eyes until Nico pressed his forehead against the other’s fuzzy head, “You be careful too. Follow her lead.” And they were off. Yet Juvon hadn’t moved. “Sticking with me?” Nico felt the mouse bury his face deeper into the blond fluff.

Entering the Warehouse was surprisingly easy, albeit costing him a bit of money to get through… Truthfully, Nico wasn’t sure what to expect when he entered, but a bustling, amp’d up crowd made perfect sense. Now he knew where the noise was coming from… Weaving through excited and loud bodies of people, Nico eventually beat the crowd until he saw what the fuss was all about. His boyfriend alongside a stranger, fighting against Pokemon. Two fighting types. Nico had arrived just in time to see the second fighter, a Throh, join the picture, eyes wide as he fixated on the MC of the room. The man apparently hosting this whole mess. His eyes were wide and filled with something indiscernible as the blond moved through the crowd once more. Weaving quickly and efficiently, using his lanky, thin physique to his advantage.

One could be forgiven for confusing Nico for a lightweight. A pushover with no real strength behind him, instead only relying on his Pokemon’s strength. However, his slender form obscured the many hours of training endured alongside his own pokemon... He picked up speed when he saw a clear path through the crowd, straight to the MC standing atop his unimpressive podium. Grasping at his electrified gloves as his boots carried him faster until he was nearly sprinting at the MC’s back- but of course, bodyguards got in the way. Two nameless, larger men blocked his path- until Juvon sprang forth from his hood, electrocuting both with a sharp, stubborn cry, while Nico barreled right in between the guards and blades of Thunderbolt.

Stride unbroken, Nico threw all his momentum and weight behind the punch, aiming to drive electrified gloves hard into the MC’s face. The catharsis of knocking an arrogant man off his feet may have been a nice bonus, but he instead sought a purpose; aiming to slam the MC clean off his feet and into the Sawk down below.

“This fight is over! You have one chance to let us leave!” Nico shouted atop the podium, raising his elbow as Juvon perched atop it, cheeks sparking threateningly.