awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 23:58:46 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

he snorts a laugh, up-to-no-good-gaze flickering up at casey. more fodder for knox's cannon in their ongoing rivalry. "like father like daughter," he says dryly and then looks back down at his picture. his scribbles get a little more fervent and for a couple of beats he's almost afraid the loopies he's drawing are going to swirl right off the page. 

casey sticks two new colors in front of him and he looks at both of them with a reverence bordering insanity. careful fingers take the orange one and he eyes the red with mistrust. "that is what fire is made of," he says matter-of-factly and starts coloring in elsa's eyes orange. 

"so your mom fights crayons," he reasons. and then pauses, tilts his head. "i hear birds."
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Coordinator/Podcaster/Musician
Admin
rest assured, he's still ripped
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 8:53:41 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey watched as Knox colored. As his hand flicked back and forth, with what looked to be the rigor of a cat lunging, biting a hand that mere moments ago rested on it. He was caught in this. In this fickle, cat-like man and his little game. “Honestly, dude? I just worry for her safety when she drinks. And I want her to be in good shape when she gets all worked up like she always does.”

Because it really… excites him. Casey couldn’t say that part, even with the acid slowly breaking down the barrier between subconscious thoughts and conscious ones. But… something else came up.

He couldn’t help but look down at his hands. Saw them slowly wiggle, even as they stood still. Closed and opened his fists a couple of times. Maybe even looked like claws if he squinted. Maybe that’s what he was. Some kind of monster. Didn’t help that he tattooed fish fins and scales on his arms. “Honestly, dude? I feel like… I’m kind of a freak sometimes. Do you ever feel like that?”

Casey then watched him dismiss the red one. No problem. They could still build a palette with orange and gold. Casey offered him a rust color, something between orange and brown, but decidedly darker than the pumpkin orange. He then picked up a silver one and giggled as he drew a little knife in her hand.

His next attempt to relate to Knox was every bit as weird as the last. ”We play with fire every day. The sun’s right there. Bigass ball of fire. Cooking us. Like we’re in a pot on a stove. How do you feel about the birds. Do you want to bring one inside? Give it a place to cool off?”

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
let us live, since we must die
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 0:14:42 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

the gold is starting to sparkle and it's rubbed off on his fingers a little bit. he starts dividing his time from looking at the marks he's leaving on the paper to the marks he's leaving on his skin. oh, if he could glow like this every day, life would be so much easier. it would be easier to be happy. because who isn't happy if they're literally glowing? if they're covered in glitter?

"red's too much a crazy bitch," he says fondly. like, he means badass bitch. step on me, mommy bitch. she scares the living daylight out of him and if anyone can handle herself, it's red. 

even if she's the color of fire and fire hurts

"we're all freaks," he says and he stretches out his arms, wiggles his fingertips for emphasis. the crayon in his hand drops and lands on the carpet and he gasps, frowning in dismay at his lost comrade. 

"would they wanna swim? the birds. we have a pool. sun can't touch it."
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 19:37:36 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey watched as Knox examined his fingers. Casey’s eyes were starting to mix information from two seconds ago with information from right now. In that instance, the luster was nearly blinding, and he bowed his head and averted his gaze. It was not unlike being exposed to kryptonite. “I think she has to be that way. Just to make it in the world. But… she wants me to be that too. I had to like… step my game up just to impress her.”

Casey then slowly wrestled his shirt off, whipping it at the ground. His fins and scales printed on his arms connected to the background of a Red Gyarados back piece.

Knox dropped a crayon, and he couldn’t help but look dismayed. Casey bit his lip. If it’s dead, it’s dead. It was their time. He reaches into the box, pulling out a sunflower yellow, in another attempt to build something with that gold. The scales on his arms seemed to move as he shifted his arm, which stunned Casey. “Hell yeah, dude. We’re all kinda gross. But like… I feel like kind of a monster sometimes.”

His next question was just fishing for more. He dug around in his pockets, dumping not one but six pokeballs in the space on the couch between them. ”That’s how they all cool off, right? Must be the right thing to do. But… I feel like… we forgot about your Pikachu completely. Does he want a little guy to run around the house with?”

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
let us live, since we must die
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 14:53:06 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

he snorts at casey's confession. his scrutinizing blue eyes look up from elsa and sweep over the man. casey is, decidedly, not summer's type. no, she's always been fit for a prim and proper businessman. someone with intellect. someone who can keep pace with her, challenge her. not have to step up to even make himself worth his time.

but he doesn't share his oracle glimpse into their inevitable demise. no, that would be rude. and casey's nice enough. he brought drugs.

the scales on casey's arm ripple and knox looks uneasily at them. casey mentions monster and knox clicks his tongue, tasting lead at the back of his throat. "can't poison monsters," he says. "gotta live with 'em instead."

at the mention of pikachu, captain pokes her head back in. her nose twitches in tandem with her tail and then she bounds up to knox, sparkling a little jolt to his wrist. he bops her on the nose and then gets to his feet.

"cap likes swimming. i like swimming. will cap's friends like swimmming? we should go. like go, go, go. i want to feel the water. but - oh, aw. what if it takes the gold?" he looks down at his (barely) sparkling hands in dismay.
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 22:18:58 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

The tension between Casey and Summer lingered, even as the two tried to patch things up. Casey, still insecure, thought but never acted on a desire to… even the scoreboard. Hell, his “interview” for Hoenn Broadcast Service was just an excuse to grab coffee with that . But Casey had nothing but respect for Knox. For another boy who liked to safely defy Dad. “What were you two like, growing up?”

Casey was the scion to local political power, and spent his youth making scenes that his dad had to answer for at the podium. Using official Fallarbor city council stationery to send love letters. Becoming a coordinator, and using that to jockey for power in the world of modeling. Being seen in public with people other than his girlfriend at the time.

He patted around the couch, finally letting his Raichu out to play with Captain. Casey smiled, before standing upright. Something about the texture of his shirt was starting to piss him off. He wrestled that off, but stayed in his jeans for now. “Sometimes that’s all we can do. Just live with ourselves. Wish there was another way out.”

But as Knox seemed like he couldn’t wait to get in the pool, he was forgetting a few steps! Egad! Casey’s eyes widened. He dug around in his bookbag, lucky enough to have a pair of red trunks for himself. ”Hold the phone, man. We gotta change first. Can’t ruin your clothes for somethin’ like that.”

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights