awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 1:53:36 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Summer and Casey were moving out together. Summer was carrying his child. But he couldn’t help but remember their last conversation. This brother he had never met, the strife between the two. His insistence that he could patch things up.

So there he was, walking up to the door. Walking up in his band shirt with his chain over it. Two rings on each finger, black jeans, and black running shoes. His arms were lined with fish fins and scales tattooed on them, and a thin line was cut down one of his eyebrows. No longer was he the beau of the ball, who charmed his sister.

Casey had a bulky bookbag over one shoulder, that jingled as he knocked the door to the manor. There was a doorbell, but he smiled, ignoring it. “Is anyone home?.”

He then stood back, arms folded. He couldn’t help but wonder if this was a mistake. His only exposure to Knox was stealing his sweatpants and leaving a pair of $200 bondage pants in return, before sleeping with his sister.

There to steady his nerves was his Raichu, tail swishing back and forth like a cat’s. “...”

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
let us live, since we must die
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 2:10:50 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

sam and knox are doing the opposite of moving out together. no, in fact they're building yet another cage around them, this time trapping summer inside with them. one big fucking happy family. 

he's upside down on the couch, bass on the stereos real low. music loud enough his whole body is pounding and his head is aching, but it's the only thing strong enough to shoo away the loneliness. because sam is gone again. and summer is gone again

and going outside means going to moro's means going on a binger means being anywhere but here and means

not being here when sam gets home. and it kills him 'cause it kills sam, but he doesn't know what else to do. 

hypatia is reluctantly out of her ball, one of knox's sweatshirts over her body with the drawstring hoodie closed tight. every once in a while she psychically knocks the volume down, but all he does is turn it right back up and yell at her.

when she does it a few times in succession, he finally scrambles up. blood rushes back down his body and he totters for a second while he adjusts to being right side up. but when he goes to turn the nob again, it doesn't budge. 

"hypatia! let go!" but instead the gardevoir rips open the front door's lock from the other room and tugs it open. 

knox stands, pauses, and goes to the door. he recognizes casey instantly - he's seen enough pictures of him and summer sucking face on her insta to not recognize him.

"red's not here," he says with a raised brow. 
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Coordinator/Podcaster/Musician
Admin
rest assured, he's still ripped
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 2:28:47 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Prison. Wasn't that the womb? Life sentence with no parole? He wished he could fast forward to raising a girl with Summer. Either way, he JUST got done with physical therapy and the hospital, and needed SOME stability. Wasn't asking for a lot here.

So there he was, at the door, which swung right open. He was greeted to a man of average height, with pale blue hair and a mean face, just like his sister. Casey was six feet tall, standing there with arms folded.

Casey uncrossed his arms, offering a ring-clad hand to shake. “I'm not here to talk to her, buddy.”

He then raised a hand, peeling two rings off of one of his thumbs and gifting them to Knox, as a sort of peace offering. His arms were covered in veins when they weren't obscured by tattoos, and from a certain angle a couple of his knuckles were still a bit swollen.

He had a bag of toys and tricks to play with. Wanted to make a mess, just between us boys. Casey had a wide, cheshire cat grin. “So can I come in, or do you wanna kick it on the porch, bud?”

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 2:40:32 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

okay. did i take something and forget? he thinks of slapping himself. you'd think pinching would be the go-to, but he doesn't feel like that'd be enough. because uh, buddy? shock colors his face, confusion swimming as his physique takes on the human embodiment of ???

"what...the fuck..." he takes the rings because his body reacts to something being offered to him. but then he just holds them out in the palm of his hand, looking from casey, down to them. 

bud? buddy???

"did you stop by spencer's on your way here or some shit? or is this your weird way of coming out the closet and telling me you want a go at the other side of prescott paradise? either way, you're shit outta luck, bud, 'cause i'm a taken man and black isn't my color."
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 2:52:12 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey stood there, chest puffed out. He was muscular, but his narrow shoulders made him look small compared to other six-footers. He wasn't mad, no. He liked getting into it with people. A little too much. He shook his head, snickering a little.

Casey slowly retracted his hand. He certainly looked like a goofy guy in a mosh pit. Flag shirt, boring but durable work-jeans... “While my life would be SO MUCH EASIER if I was gay... I just wanted to give you a gift, because I think we'll be bumping into eachother. I already left you those pants six months ago...”

Casey then put his hands on his hips, bending a little to be at eye level with Knox. He just HAD to have the last word. He was smiling, and the light caught his eye.

They were gonna take some stuff, that's for sure. “So do you wanna drop acid, or not?”

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 3:05:12 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

pants? knox can barely remember the day before, let alone six months ago. he'd still been on mt. pyre then, right? was it close to his binger with summer? no idea. but more pressing is the fact that casey's hand is gone so now he really can't get rid of the still-warm rings that are now in his hand. and he's absolutely not putting them on his own fingers. 

so he pockets them, feeling weird about the whole thing. what if sam finds them when he's doing the laundry? also, wait, why is he letting sam do the laundry? for fuck's sake, they can afford a maid again.

he puts it on his mental list of things to do (and instantly forgets when casey stoops over him).

"ohhhh, i see," knox says. he straightens, eyes glittering, boyish smile curling on his lips. not much more needs to be said than drop acid to turn his mood around.

"you think you're serious 'bout red. this is a peace offering." he laughs, reaches forward and slams a palm against casey's back to coax him inside. "and as long as you're insisting, fuck yeah."
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 3:22:12 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

You think you're serious. He knocked her up. Casey cackled, but wouldn't let Knox in on it. He had given those rings to whoever. To other women, let's be clear about this. Black, hematite rings. They crack and shatter under exposure to negative energy. One of them EXPLODED during a spat Casey had with Summer, a month ago.

Casey tilted his head, smiling. He scooped up his Raichu into his arms like a baby, to keep him out of trouble. He had this wholesome glow about him. “Mhm.”

Knox ushered him into the house, closing the door after him. Casey then put his Raichu away, and rolled over. He fell onto the couch, looking up with a smile. He then dug around in his bookbag, pulling out a SHEET of perforated squares. He breaks off four fingertip-sized pieces, offering two to Knox in an outstretched hand. He then pulls out two electrolyte sports drinks, setting them on the coffee table. His bag of tricks sat there on the floor.

Casey looked up at him and smiled. “Too much and you'll break your brain, but this is fine.”

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 3:36:23 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

much to captain's dismay, casey puts his raichou back in its ball. the pikachu, who'd been observing all the way from the kitchen counter, droops her ears and scampers off, leaving the two boys to their own devices. knox, meanwhile, follows casey like a dog waiting for its treat. 

casey's warning brings up a slightly less than pleasant memory, but knox only snorts and grins impishly. two tabs of whatever the fuck they're dropping, he can handle. if anything's killing off his brain cells, it's the white powder captain's been put in charge of hiding.

he takes the tabs with his pinkie and places them delicately on his tongue, then stretches out on the ground on the other side of the coffee table. 

hypatia, he thinks while the paper starts to dissolve, can we have the music back pretty pleaseeeee?

silence for a moment and then the stereo snicks back on. at a respectable volume

"she know you're pullin' this stunt?" he says after a while, when the tab's gone. gotta fill the silence with something while they wait. 
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 3:46:42 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey looked up at Knox, before throwing his head back and laughing. Did she know. Did she know, that the father of her child is dropping acid with her brother. “No! No fuckin’ way, dude. She would NEVER let this slide if she knew.”

Casey couldn’t help but smile, and feel like he was getting away with something here. It was like when he took Trish out for coffee. It was his in for Rocket, sure, but if Summer knew… She’d wring his neck.

Knox knew this feeling, for sure. The loss of appetite. The metallic taste in your mouth. But no muscle spasms or hallucinations yet. The start of what’d be a six hour psychic journey. Casey put two tabs on his tongue, and offered him one of his sport-drinks. He then hid the tabs in his bag.

The stereo crackles back to life. There’s something cool about this. But… Casey had to know what was playing. He was getting too into punk and crossover thrash to get this.

Casey looked up at him and smiled. “So, what’s on the tubes, man. What records are you spinning here?.”

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 22:14:26 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

it's a metal tang. not like iron - that choking smell that accompanies the taste of blood. it still keeps him up at night when sam's conked out beside him. he's become the insomniac now, watching that video on loop and flinging himself back into that red room. 

he snorts. it's not like summer to not figure shit like this out. and 'sides, he knows damn well when they'll be home 'cause sam's a punctual little shit and he'll be damned if he lets knox worry about when he's coming home. (insert something about non-communicative trauma knox put him through here...)

he turns his head to the side. that muscle stiffness? no, that's just from laying on the floor. so he rolls back up and shrugs his shoulders. "some pop crap. i like dumb shit." (it's closer by the chainsmokers, knox.)

"what, you wanna change it? i can also toss some trippy youtube vids on the big screen room when it hits."
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 22:47:38 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey looked up at Knox, tilting his head to one side. Casey already started to feel that visual snow, the sensation of little dots shifting behind his eyes. Nothing crazy yet, but it made it hard to look at his face. It was like he was looking through him for something that isn’t there. “I have a couple demos… but they might kill the mood.”

Casey was doing 5 minute rock epics about taking care of the environment, and not being too hard on yourself. Wasn’t so much singing as he was yelling, grabbing the mic so hard his biceps popped up. But… he felt the sterile, but approachable sound from the speakers and sunk into the couch a little.

The idea of someone joining them, why… That scared Casey. This was Boys Night. No girls allowed. But if Sam came in, Casey would extend the same offer he made to Knox. He hadn’t met these people yet, and just wanted to get them all to open up to eachother.

The metallic taste wouldn’t wash out, no matter how much of his electrolyte drink Casey downed. Lemon-lime tasted like loose change and palm sweat. And he hasn’t even the appetite to fix this, even if he were to cook for them.

Casey smiled, looking him over. “How do you feel about old radio rock? Stuff like Incubus, Chili Peppers…?”

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 23:03:47 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

demos. yikes. knox will share some tabs with him, but he's sure as fuck not going to politely sit through summer's boytoy's newest hit single on soundcloud. 'course, he has the sense (at least for the moment) not to betray his thoughts. see, summer? he can be civil. 

he rolls up 'cause he can't sit still, goes digging around in the closet nearest them. after he left, it became pretty apparent that merrick had ordered most of his shit get tossed out. but still, there are a few hiding places filled with oddities knox likes to use when he's high. 

the coloring books are one of those things. he finds them after digging through expensive furret fur coats. half a pack of crayons are clutched in his hands too. victorious, he dumps them on the coffee table and sits back down. 

he scrunches his nose. "i like edm. and pop shit. dunno, club music. makes people move, y'know?"

makes you feel. especially when there's molly involved. 
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 23:22:54 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey watched as Knox walked off. Did Casey scare him off? Why… maybe that’s what he was. Just this clenched fist that walked like a man. This thought, brought on by their trip, was cut off by Knox returning with a coloring book and some crayons. “It’s like… hard rock. Like… bar fight music.”

Casey’s pupils continued to dilate. He couldn’t help but look at the paper a little too hard, eyes widening. A blank canvas, and he could already see grey dots moving on the white paper.

The mention of pop music made him smile at Knox. “That’s so sick. Okay… do you know about Melody Miro? I’m her cousin, dude. I was there at the festival where she put her man on blast. I was with him like “we gotta get the guys together and hit the town, man. You gotta get your swag back.” And he ignored me.”

Casey then placed his hand on the table, and looked across it to Knox, letting him have first dibs on the crayons. It was small, but learning about someone’s favorite color told you something about them.

close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 1:28:24 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

"can't relate," he says with a shrug. unlike his alcoholic of a sister, knox actually doesn't frequent bars. at least not the grungy bars casey seems to be talking about. no, knox is more into clubs with spinning colors and a helluva lot of ecstasy to go around. he almost misses it, going out like that, but most of the time he'd only gone to get laid anyways soooooo....

he reaches for the gold crayon which is a mistake because everyone knows the gold crayon is a piece of shit and doesn't leave any color behind. that doesn't stop him, though, from trying to color in the lines of some disney princess' dress. 

"'course i know melody miro," he says, eyes widening as some of the gold flakes off onto his fingers. he reaches very carefully for the light blue crayon and starts scratching it beside the faded yellow. but his endless stream of color stops suddenly as he glances up, lips parted in an o

"shit, really? that's sick. about the cousin thing. not the whatever straight shit you're on about." he flashes the half-done coloring to casey. "what goes good with blue and gold?"
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

casey, baby boy
He/him
September 24th
Fallarbor Town
ask him.
Admin
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @casey
Casey Fincher
TV PARTY TONIGHT!!
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2022 7:24:04 GMT
Casey Fincher Avatar

Casey watched as Knox dug out the gold crayon. Tempting. Lustrous. Unreliable. Just like gold in real life. “I think… drinking makes people weak. But when I got out of the hospital, I found her by checking every bar in town.”

Casey’s pupils continued to dilate. The sensory data of two seconds ago bled together with what he was currently seeing. It looked like Knox’s hand was in two places at once, with how fast he thought it was moving. His eyes widened, watching with rapt attention.

The mention of family got him talking, enough to drop the Splashfest thing. “Yeah it’s… Her, me, and . I had to be like, old enough to go to and from their places by myself to visit, because my dad’s the treasurer of our town, and my mom’s in the fire department, and they were too busy to take me.”

Casey then eyed the crayons, considering his options. He slowly peeled the carton lid open, and glanced inside. He then offered him brick-red, and pumpkin-orange. “You’re kind of in a bind here. I think… use the dark blue to shade… as if it were black. And get orange and red to compliment the gold.”

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights