Duty Calls

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Duty Calls
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2022 3:44:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
got your claws on my mind, on my heart.
Adelia walked through her garden with her butler in tow. "Madam, it's almost the appointed time." He spoke softly as she checked on her tulips. "Thank you Maxwell. I'll be in the gazebo shortly." Max turned to leave but Adelia's hand raised to stop him. "One more thing, please prepare that one tea for me that I like. The one that changes color." Adelia said as she stood up and brushed off her dress. "Ah right, the Butterfly Tea. Yes, ma'am. Anything else I can do for you?" he asked as turned to look at him. With a soft smile she shook her head. "That'll be all. Thank you Max." Max nodded and offered her a kind smile as well. "My pleasure, Madam."

Grabbing a handful of her dress as she turned to climb up the stairs to her left, Adelia's facial features returned to the resting icy ones she usually dons. Today she would be meeting with someone important. The grip on her dress tightened as she made her way to the gazebo where they would be having tea.

She might call Hoenn home now, but it has never once felt like home. Especially after losing her brother. Nothing has ever really felt right after his death. Adelia sighed. Even thinking about it felt wrong. Hence why she was having this meeting with this private investigator. It wasn't that she didn't trust the league....

....Then again....if she did she wouldn't be still looking into this.

But could you blame her? One of the most important people in her life was gone and she was supposed to accept that? Her family didn't even get the opportunity to bury a body. Where was their closure? No. The Winterbloom's were strong, they were fighters. How could someone as talented, brilliant, and gifted as her brother fall to something like that?

She couldn't give up on this. She wouldn't rest until she was sure. Then she could finally move on and properly grieve. She sat at the table with a sigh as she looked around her. She'd settled at a mansion in Verdanturf. It was peaceful and quiet. It felt like she could actually think out here compared to the city.

Plus it helped her sleep at night. No matter how hard she tried to convince herself she was fine there were still scars she bore from war that weren't just physical. The wind blew her ashen locks in her face before she tucked a piece behind her ear. The sooner they could get this meeting started the better. She inhaled sharply through her nose before exhaling from her mouth. A good trick to reduce nervousness and anxiety.
outfit ● notes
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Zero

Ad
He/Him
May 21st
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Private Investigator
Civilian
Open-eyed, burn the page, my little dark age.
awards
202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aidan
Aidan Hereford
Duty Calls
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 7:20:47 GMT
Aidan Hereford Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","edgethorn"]
[attr="class","edgethorn-top"]

[attr="class","edgethorn-top-1"]
[attr="class","edgethorn-top-back-img"]

[attr="class","edgethorn-top-front-img"]

[attr="class","edgethorn-top-lyric"]EDGE
OF
THORNS

[attr="class","edgethorn-tag"]

#

@adelia

THREADING WITH

[attr="class","edgethorn-border"]
[attr="class","edgethorn-mid"]

[attr="class","edgethorn-icon"]

[attr="class","edgethorn-lyric"] i don't think about you anymore

[attr="class","edgethorn-post"]

Aidan himself wasn't sure how to feel about what was about to transpire today. He had an interview with a potential client which was a somewhat rare occurrence these past years, months, days. He had worked through the shady and illegal alleys of his career path up into this point and he didn't know anyone outside the syndicate or in their sphere who would even hire him so far away from home. He was more than suspicious about all this. At this point he was far more curious about the one hiring him than what the job really was. [break][break]

His suspicions went out the roof once he arrived at his destination, a mansion in Verdanturf. It was like the cab had dropped him at the pearly gates of pokemon heaven, both him and the cab driver were very confused about the place itself, it didn't even feel right to be there. His cheap looking fancy clothes really stood out somewhere that all the fancy was proper real. Entering the place was way too simple, his own guess being that he was truly expected, meaning he wasn't dealing with just some small time family, it had to be someone much greater than that.[break][break]

Ever since the entrance Aidan would be directed to his next destination inside the the mansion. Everything done in silence and small gestures, just like the upper class loved to see, the least amount of interactions with workers the better for them. It felt like at any time someone would jump him and ask where his tax bracket was set at. Aidan had grown used to working with unnecessarily rich people due to the syndicate but he was much more used to the grimier and dirty side of the rich than this perfection of a place. [break][break]

Finally arriving at what looked like his final destination, at least in the way there he had taken notice of staff members, staff entrances, cameras, fire exits, security, other attendants and servants that shuffled around. It wasn't the most complete list because of the straightforward way he had been brought till this point, regardless it was still information that he had gathered in case of anything going bad. [break][break]

After some stairs he had finally come to what looked and most certainly was a gazebo. There lay a table and who Aidan fully expected to be his client. The person who had made him curious enough to accept an interview after some time away from proper PI work. "Good afternoon. I was directed here to meet with you, I'm Aidan Hereford. The P.I but I assume you knew that already. He wanted to get down to questioning as fast as possible but he also didn't want to seem rude, he knew that people with such high standards could really change their minds on those who work under them in the blink of an eye, and let's just say that at this point Aidan was in no place to pick and choose who he worked for. "May I sit down so we can talk further, Miss?" It still felt too strange to be there, too clean, too perfect, too organised.[break][break]

[attr="class","edgethorn-notes"]
[attr="class","edgethorn-notes-1"][attr="class","th th-chat-bubble"]

[attr="class","edgethorn-notes-2"]

and then some notes can go here!

[attr="class","edgethorn-bot"]
[attr="class","edgethorn-bot-back-img"]

[googlefont=Roboto+Condensed:400,700]
[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[newclass=.edgethorn]background-color:#e9e9e9;width:600px;color:#393939;text-align:justify;border-radius:3px;overflow:hidden;position:relative;margin:25px 0px; }.edgethorn-top { height:165px;width:600px;background-color:#393939;position:absolute; }.edgethorn-top-1 { height:165px;width:600px;mix-blend-mode:lighten;position:relative;z-index:1; }.edgethorn-top-back-img { height:165px;width:600px;position:absolute;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/xYLht6Q/Thinggy.png); }.edgethorn-top-front-img { border-right:solid 5px #304c50;border-left:solid 5px #304c50;overflow:hidden;background-color:#304c50;height:165px;width:165px;transform:skew(-10deg);position:absolute;margin-left:375px; }.edgethorn-top-front-img div { height:165px;width:205px;margin:0px -20px;transform:skew(10deg);background-image:url(https://imgur.com/N08gUSu.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply; }.edgethorn-top-lyric { text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #393939, .75px 0px 0px #393939, 0px .75px 0px #393939, -.75px 0px 0px #393939, 0px -.75px 0px #393939, -.75px .75px 0px #393939, .75px -.75px 0px #393939, -.75px -.75px 0px #393939;letter-spacing:-2px;width:500px;text-align:center;font:bold 75px Roboto Condensed;position:absolute;color:#e9e9e9;line-height:65px;padding:60px 50px 0px 50px; }.edgethorn-top-lyric div { color:#304c50;border-top:solid 5px #474747;font-size:45px;height:47px;line-height:65px;display:inline-block;margin:0px 15px 0px 15px; }.edgethorn-tag { position:relative;overflow:hidden;background-color:#333333;padding:15px 35px;height:10px;color:#aaaaaa;text-transform:uppercase;font:10px Roboto;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px; }.edgethorn-tag h1 { color:#393939;margin:-26px -15px;padding:0px;font:70px Roboto;position:absolute;line-height:65px; }.edgethorn-tag div { position:relative;z-index:15;margin:-5px -5px -5px 10px;background-color:#393939;padding:5px;float:right;border-radius:2px; }.edgethorn-tag div a { font:10px Roboto;line-height:10px;color:#e9e9e9!important;text-decoration:none;-webkit-transition: all .5s ease; -moz-transition: all .5s ease; -o-transition: all .5s ease; }.edgethorn-tag div a:hover { color:#304c50!important; }.edgethorn-tag span { position:relative;z-index:15; }.edgethorn-border { border:solid 1px #304c50;margin:-186px 20px -26px 20px;position:relative;z-index:10;padding:215px 30px 56px 30px; }.edgethorn-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.edgethorn-lyric { border-bottom:solid 1px #304c50;padding-bottom:14px;font:bold 24px Roboto Condensed;line-height:20px;margin:20px 140px 0px -50px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#333333;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-1px; }.edgethorn-post { font:12px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#333333;padding-top:17px }.edgethorn-post b { color:#304c50; }.edgethorn-post i { color:#aaaaaa; }.edgethorn-icon { height:100px;width:100px;float:right;background-color:#333333;padding:10px;border-radius:2px;margin:0px 0px 20px 20px; }.edgethorn-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(67%) brightness(120%); }.edgethorn-notes { background-color:#333333;margin-top:20px;border-radius:2px;padding:30px;color:#aaaaaa;font:12px Roboto;text-align:justify; }.edgethorn-notes-1 { position:absolute;background-color:#304c50;color:#333333;font-size:20px;line-height:20px;width:20px;padding:15px;height:20px;border-radius:2px;margin:-40px 0px 0px 428px; }.edgethorn-notes-2 { padding-right:25px;text-align:justify; }.edgethorn-bot { height:41px;width:600px;border-top:solid 5px #333333; }.edgethorn-bot div { height:41px;width:600px;position:absolute;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/xYLht6Q/Thinggy.png);background-position:center center;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,459 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Duty Calls
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 7:36:12 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
N/A

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@adelia
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel