TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Talk Shop, Dish Shop, Gift Shop, Coffee Shop [S][C]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2022 6:07:23 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
It starts as a small invite. Ashley, accompanied by his trusty new Rotom phone, Pulse, quietly looks over the data, quietly scrolling through as he is sucking a small green apple lollipop. It was a small shopping endeavor, but Ashley felt to make more of it. After showed him the wonders of a Rotom and a phone, he attempted to get one himself. Hence, Pulse.

Pulse was every bit the neurotic firewall on one's computer that continues to ask for permissions to engage in one's own games, despite asking a hundred times. As he gets a little fed up, he can't blame Pulse. Little guy was just looking after Ashley.

As he moves his fingers to slice the various fruit, he peeks up.

Just a simple a shopping endeavor in a Pokemon shop. Food, a blanket, maybe a hat for his Nidorino. The little guy needed love, and Ashley wanted to make sure he felt like family. Pulse begins to message him on their private line, inquiring of who was joining. "Friend. Enjoy his presence." The Rotom asks if that's all. Ashley doesn't answer. Truth be told, he didn't care to know. Neuroticism isn't that important. Now Pokemon care? That was important.

"Sheesh... maybe I got here too early." He stuff his hands into his hand, Pulse now flying around him as his phone. Mars was right. This is awesome. He had to keep playing with it. "Pulse... time."

He reads it out loud. 3:21 PM! Great... nine minutes too early. Still. He hardly had to check anymore.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#00BFFF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
sum of all and by them driven
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 23:39:20 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
Kepler went sixteen rounds with the Doordash driver before finally giving in and heading off into the great unknown. He knew, for a fact, the store had his favorite flavor of Bangs in stock, but the delivery driver kept asking for substitutions. No matter. Kepler would just go out and get his own.

Except he hated going outside. The last time he’d done it, he’d been kidnapped and almost sacrified, then forced to run around half naked and soaking wet fighting cultists. Being in Rocket was supposed to stop him from having to do this stuff. Okay, so maybe he wasn’t far enough up the ladder to be able to call in any executive perks, but he did have a low enough pride threshold to do one thing:

Do you want to go to the grocery store with me,
he texted to , I’ll buy lunch or smth.

His logic was strong: going in pairs reduced the risk of kidnapping, and he already knew Isaac was capable of taking care of himself. His own self. Not Kepler’s self. Though he wouldn’t mind that, either.

Flanked by his newly evolved Combusken Gaia, and his ever-present companion, Mercury, Kepler stepped off the bus and shaded his eyes against the glaring, out doors light. Any outdoor light looked painfully bright after absorbing the boreal halogen of the sub. Devoid of Flying-types, he’d asked Isaac to meet him at the transit stop just across from the store.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 3:18:07 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac was fairly certain that, contrary to popular belief, grocery store ninjas were not going to ambush Kepler and kidnap him in the middle of broad daylight. However, after the near death experience they'd shared, Isaac could hardly blame the guy for being worried.[break][break]

It didn't help that Kepler had it way worse than Isaac did. Even in Isaac's worst moments, his traumas were something . . . actionable. He could fight. He could run. He could call for help. But Kepler? Kepler had been bound, gagged, stripped naked, and held at knifepoint by a band of masked freakazoids. Was it any wonder that he wanted the comfort and security of another's presence?[break][break]

ill be right there[break][break]

Like hell Isaac would think of saying anything otherwise. Not after what Kepler had done for him. Not after everything Kepler had been through. They were in this one together, even for something as simple as a grocery trip.[break][break]

By the time Kepler's bus rolled up, he would see that Isaac had already made it. It wasn't much of a surprise. Isaac tended to favor wandering around the region over staying put in the sub, and with the Blackwing Bazaar project spinning up he tended to spend more time around major cities than not. He grinned as he saw Kepler approach, shooting him a quick nod of acknowledgment. "Good to see you, Kep," he said. "You too, Mercury, Gaia."[break][break]

It seemed the light of the great outdoors was getting to the poor guy's head. Maybe now wasn't the best time to stand around making small talk. "Now, c'mon. Let's get you inside," he said, leading the way but keeping close to Kepler at all times. Something told him that he needed to keep to emergency wrist grab range, just in case.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / +

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 1:18:54 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Impatience seemed to hit Ashley, as he tapped his foot. Pulse continued to sound off the time every minute, happy with the idea to notify the man with a time, but each time a minute passes, he feels himself growing a little more hungry. Sure, the green apple lollipop was nice, but candy isn't as filling as food. Eventually, he sighs, deflates, and looks to Pulse. He sees one message, one minute before they were to meet up.

He cancels. He rolls his eyes. Great.

His eyes, however, landed on something much more fascinating. His silver eyes spotted two; a familiar and a not-so-familiar.

The familiar was a blonde, a man that he considered a close friend, an amigo, and a good guy, but the other? Kinda cute. Ashley's lips part for just a moment. A Combusken, and a Raboot together with them, not Isaac's. Huh... neat! He walks right up to the party of four.

"Hey Isaac. Friend of yours?" He says in his huskier voice, hands now in his pockets. The green apple lollipop sits comfortably in his mouth, and he looks over them both, the Rotom sounding out the small chiptune behind them.

Any friend of Isaac's would easily be a friend of his!

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 15:57:32 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
Listen, the boy had anxiety. He didn’t think cultist ninjas were going to jump out of the Hoennian wilderness and kidnap him while he was ass deep in weather balloon foil, either, but Arceus loved to make Kepler uncomfortable.

Also, if he had to be honest… it was nice, feeling like he had a friend.

Gaia and Mercury both waved. Kepler looked down at the grocery list on his phone, feeling slightly embarrassed that he’d come out to meet a friend with his Fire-types out like freakin’ bodyguards. “Hey.”

Isaac did the nice thing and heralded him into the grocery store, and Kepler did admit he calmed down a little.

“So how’s it been?” he asks, voice flat, disconnected. Normal Kepler programming. If it’s not science he ain’t hype for it. “Murdered any other cultists?” It’s flippant, detached, a flimsy screen of humor used to protect, deflect. Normal programming.

He almost jumps out of his fucking skin when the stranger approaches them; so much for his bodyguards. But the person just seems to be friends with Isaac. Not a strange instance, given that Kepler was here for that selfsame reason. Or, rather, Isaac was here with Kepler for that reason.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 1:33:34 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Classic Kepler. Hiding his stresses under a comfortable layer of emotional numb. It wasn't really Isaac's style. He was more the detached yet amiable sarcasm type. And no, those totally weren't the same thing! One was flat, one had subtle emotional peaks and valleys. There were nuances to this kind of thing, damnit![break][break]

Isaac flashed a cheeky grin Kepler's way. "Oh, you know. Same old, same old," Isaac said. "Working bar, running underground meeting halls, discovering the secrets of Mega Evolution and Z-Power, processing traumas both old and new. And not murdering any cultists, but a whole lot of self-defensing. Y'know. All that boring stuff."[break][break]

He said it all with such a blasé tone, but a slight smile tugged at the corners of his lips. What could Isaac say? If life wanted to keep trying to keep Isaac down, he'd just have to live twice as hard to spite it.[break][break]

And along came Ash! Kepler jumped a little, and Isaac quickly took his wrist to try and calm him down. "Hey, hey, it's cool," Isaac said, voice gentle. "I can vouch for him. This is Ash. Guy's as trustworthy as they come, and he wouldn't hurt a fly. He's cool, I promise."[break][break]

With Kepler reassured, Isaac turned his winning smile over towards Ash. "Yep! This is Kepler. Guy's real chill, and smart as a whip to boot," he said. With that, he put out a fist for Ash to bump, because Isaac wasn't about to see Ash walking by without offering. "It's good to see you, man."[break][break]

For now, Isaac let the other two guys take the lead on conversing. He had to test the waters before beginning the hardest part of introducing two friends: preventing someone from ending up the third wheel!

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 7:43:45 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Huh. Cute guy jumps a little. Squeamish? Or maybe anti-social? "Oh shit... sorry!" Ash feels regret for just barging in on their... whatever they're doing, but as his silver eyes shoot over to Isaac, the two are introduced to one another. He gives a wave to Kepler, flashing him a smile. "Kepler. Pretty unique name." He was smart and chill too? If this was Isaac's company, he didn't have to worry about his good friend.

When Isaac and Ash's fists collide with the bump of friendship, he explains himself. "Likewise, man. Didn't mean to intrude. I was just across the street when my friend cancelled lunch plans last minute. Pulse here told me. The little Rotom makes his binary tones, as he displays said text message. Cancelling plans last minute via text. Classy. "Saw you two, and wanted to say hello. If you wanted the company, I can pay for your lunch?"

It was just a friendly gesture. Least he could do for scaring the guy.

He cranes his head to Kepler, and tries to at least look apologetic it. "Either that, or we can get ingredients and I can make you both something?" His lips curled up into a big smile. Worst comes to worst, Ash doesn't mind his wallet losing some of its weight.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 15:56:48 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
"Sounds like you've been busy."

The point of contact at Kepler’s wrist is both strange and comforting, and Kep flushes red immediately, given that Isaac is, essentially, holding his hand to stop him from freaking out or turning around and rabbit bolting right into oncoming traffic. Which may be preferable at this time, given that Kepler apparently needed his fucking hand held.

“Real chill,” Kepler parrots, sarcasm-high, voice hitched up on the back half of his panic, and he clears his throat. “It’s fine. I got kidnapped recently. I’m still a little jumpy.” And that, really, should explain that. Because how many people do you run into that have been kidnapped? It’s probably pretty uncommon and, also, should be a blanket statement explanation for why I have problems.

“Thank you. My parents picked it out.” The sarcasm is still strong with this one, but at least his heartbeat is regulating.

Ashley continued to talk and Kepler forced himself to look up, stop being a shying violet and acting like you’re going to faint at any given time.

“We can split lunch?” he finally says, forcing his vocal chords into action, determined to not, at least, be a total asshole. Even if he mouthed off too much. “Least I can do for dragging you all the way out here to babysit me, Isaac.”

local dweeb attempts making friends

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 17:05:06 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Kep. Kep, no. Kep please you don't have to open a conversation by explaining how you were kidnapped. Then again, considering the poor guy was so jumpy enough that it took the incredibly salacious gesture of a hand on his wrist to wind him down, maybe that kind of closure would help. For now. They could work on not-terrifying conversation openers later.[break][break]

"It was a long story," Isaac said, hoping to just smooth right on through this point. "But it all went okay in the end. Didn't even need to have some kinda Mew-Man crash the party this time." Ha! An expert diversion! Now everyone'd be too busy asking about Mew-Man instead of grilling Kep about his own personal episode of Naked and Afraid.[break][break]

That was one hurdle jumped. The next might not be so easy. Ash and Kepler, each convinced they were imposing on the other, had their horns locked in a North Unovan Standoff. Oh, no. Both of these two were way too decent! They could be here for hours, each trying to out-polite the other. It was madness incarnate.[break][break]

Luckily, each brought a good idea to the table. "Going split on ingredients seems like a smart call to me," he said, bringing in parts from each man's suggestions. "Best part is, we don't even need a stove. I've got Kilimanjaro right here." He patted a Pokeball, home to his snobby gourmet of a Numel. Now Kepler wouldn't need to enter any stranger's home, and Ash could show off some of that outdoorsman skill to wow and impress his friends.[break][break]

The plan was a win-win. All Isaac had to do was mastermind it into a succcess.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 8:34:10 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
So... kidnapped. Neat. Ashley's silver orbs stare at Kepler a moment too long, and he realizes that it isn't a joke the moment Isaac chimes in. Which raises questions. None of which Ashley wanted to ask right now, but here they were. Seeing that Isaac was desperately attempting to derail that choo-choo of a convo, Ashley understands and makes a left turn, grasping onto it.

"You're funny. I like that." The sarcasm was fun, and hearing the way that Kepler's sarcasm came out with his name made Ashley smile wide.

With the plan to split ingredients and cooking outdoors, Ashley nods with a light bit of enthusiasm. "That's fine. Splitting it helps me save on rent, and I'm sure that Pokemon will save me time cleaning dishes later." He places both hands in his pockets, turning towards Kepler, and then Isaac.

"Oh yeah. What are you guys feelin' for food? I've got a good number of recipes Pulse can bring up." The little Rotom swings itself around Ashley's head, and orbits around with a chime, looking up popular cooking recipes... by looking up top ten recipe lists. Pulse was excitable, that much was true. The little Rotom phone really did want to be helpful.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 22:40:45 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
He doesn’t even realize the faux pas. Kepler doesn’t socialize much. Isaac jumps in to help explain things but doesn’t really help, at all. “It’s rather a short story, actually,” he adds, equally as unhelpfully. But he squints up at Isaac when he mentions Mew-Man.

He doesn’t realize Ashley’s been staring at him, waiting for the punch line. There is no punch line, Ash-- or if there was, it’s just Kepler’s life.

Funny. Kepler looks back towards the ground. “Thanks.” Actually, I’m brilliant, dies on the back of his tongue, because no, Kepler, this is how you alienate yourself, and then you have no friends to help you when your bullies handcuff you to a chair on a trampoline.

Another long story.

So he tells the truth. “I don’t get that one a lot.”

Isaac chimes in with splitting ingredients and Kepler squints at him, again. When was he going to understand this boy? His gaze flashes from Isaac to Ashley and back, because apparently, they were all in on the same plan.

“I was just going to buy you food. From a restaurant.” He makes a vague gesture around them. “We’re in Mauville. The whole place is a stove, essentially.”

Kepler could calculate inertia’s effect on a supply line to the moon without blinking, but he could not cook. Which was ironic because it was essentially just chemistry. Eurgh, chemists.

the autism is strong in this one

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 1:05:30 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac returned Kepler's squint with a quizzically raised eyebrow. How many times did he have to explain that the Mew-Man was real already? It ate his friggin cat! Things didn't eat cats while also not existing! Unless they were Schrodinger's Cat-Eaters, but that was a whole different story.[break][break]

Ash seemed all aboard the mutual cooking plan, whereas Kepler seemed a little confused by where it was coming from. "Ah, it'll be fun," he said, a reassuring grin on his face. "Think of it like an adventure."[break][break]

A restaurant was nice and all, but damnit, this was a chance for Kepler to connect to another human being! And one who wouldn't try to gut him like a fish! This was some important bond time! Ash seemed pretty keen on him, too, at least as far as first impressions went. Patience and connection came easy to him, and he was used to seeing the best in others. Meanwhile, Kepler was sharp as a whip and surprisingly reliable. And both needed more dang friends. It was the perfect setup.[break][break]

Now for the hard part. Recs for food. "Maybe it's the Splashfest getting to me, but I've had a hell of a craving for seafood," Isaac admitted. He spent, like, the last week of his life embedded in the water. Was it really his fault that he wanted to taste the sea? Besides, it was the kind of thing you could handle either on a campfire or at a restaurant, depending on where Kepler's preferences fell.[break][break]

"How about you, Kep? What've you been craving lately?"[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 7:53:35 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Instead of being a Stantler in headlights, Ash decides to at least enjoy the moment. He felt he needed to hear this story over lunch now, so there was no way he was missing the story, Arceus be damned. Though, when he compliments Kepler and receives an such an odd response, Ash responds with a sheepish smile. "Don't see why not. You have a unique sense of humor." It's genuine, and deadpan. But he puts a pin in it.

Course, Isaac's idea for seafood had him smirking, placing his hand on his chin as he ponders for a moment. He wasn't the most experienced with seafood, and the only thing he could realistically make was curry... but Kepler stating they were in Mauville did raise a point. Ash can cook anywhere, at any time, but. Mauville.

Which meant they could get some of the most bomb ingredients out there, and Ash crosses his arms at the thought. "Hm... so many good seafood dishes... but-" He cranes his head to the side towards Kepler.

"Your call. Bet there's a few good places nearby, if you want to keep it simple." He wasn't going to pressure Kepler into being cooked for. Much as Ashley did want to cook, he wasn't about to force someone else through it. Besides, if all went well, he'd get another chance. "Sushi bars, some seafood restaurants. No pressure." Pulse immediately pulls up a map, and makes a chime next to him, the little Rotom phone even moving towards Kepler to show any and all the locations.

Ash sighs in relief. "Heh. Mars was right to recommend a Rotom." He had no idea he just dropped a Rocket's name to two Rockets. Ash just knew him as Chill Beachguy ( ).

close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
494 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 22:13:43 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
And lo, Isaac and Kepler engaged in a very strange, very comical battle of facial expressions intended to replace an actual verbal conversation about what the fuck was Mew-Man and Isaac really doesn’t want to tell this story again does he and that was kind of why they were friends.

You could’ve mentioned Schrodinger’s cat, Isaac; Kepler’s a physicist. He gets it.

An unusual sense of humor. Kepler’s face heats at the praise, such that it is. He was used to being called unusual, though usually it was you fuckin’ weirdo and pinned in place by a clenched fist.

What he doesn’t understand is this apparent mutual desire to, like, scrounge for ingredients and cook a meal. Kepler frowns, bottom lip sticking out in slight petulance.

“I don’t much care for adventure,” he says, but goes along when the other two go, because he may be nervous but he’s not stuck so deep in the mud that he can’t be flexible.

He thought about what he was craving and didn’t come up with food-- instead, he saw his lab. Smelled the autoclave. Light gleaming off the metallic surfaces. His spectrophotometer, curettes all in a line.

“Seafood sounds fine,”
he says, punching the nerd in him back down into hell where it belongs. “But if you’re cooking--,” and he emphasized the you’re over the we’re, “--I better not get food poisoning.”

Because, what the hell. Let’s camp in Mauville. Why the friggidy fuck not.

the autism is strong in this one

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 23:27:48 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Okay, cool. Isaac was Mr. Makes Decisions And Steers The Bus. That was totally a role he wanted. He wasn't the leader, dangit! He was the guy who drifted along with everyone else and maybe did useful things! But, that wasn't really true nowadays, was it? Maybe it was about time he started embracing it.[break][break]

"Oh, trust me. I've been lucky enough to have this guy's cooking before," Isaac said, nudging his head over towards Ash for emphasis. "Guy's got what it takes to turn a sandwich into an experience. And now he's got the ingredient world at his fingertips. Food poisoning's gonna be less of an issue than getting your ass sent to food nirvana."[break][break]

At the very least, it seemed like Kepler was going along with them on this. The guy lived in a perpetual state of sarcasm, but he wasn't completely inflexible. Isaac shot Ash a quick, reassuring grin, as if to tip him off that this friend-matchmaking effort wasn't just running around in circles.[break][break]

Though, wait. Mars? Seriously? The fact that Ashley, an ex-Rocket, had been around one of the notorious Rockets known to the region . . . Isaac's ass clenched hard enough to make coal into diamonds. But despite his misgivings, the conversation seemed to go well. He even got a Pokemon recommendation out of the deal! Since Ash wasn't beaten, imprisoned, tormented, mindfreaked, deprived of his Pokemon, or rigged to explode, Isaac figured everything was as it should be. Somehow.[break][break]

Oh boy. Two Rockets and an ex-Rocket, just casually having dinner together. This sure wasn't going to be hell to explain or anything like that.[break][break]

Regardless, the grocery store awaited. Isaac ushered everyone forward, stepping through the doors and getting blasted by that soothingly cold grocery store air. "C'mon, let's rock this shopping trip. We can pick your groceries up on the way there, too," Isaac said to Kepler. "And then . . . It's Time."

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]