initiation [ m ]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
initiation [ m ]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 21:17:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","leone"]
for a year straight, leone harte had been sending out emails to potential researchers looking for a foot in the door in order to come and study the distortions at hoenn. only now that they became more frequent did he start sending out more letters.

for instance, a year ago when he first came to hoenn, he started with an email a week, maybe two. he’d call the secretaries and ask, they’d say researchers were busy with other things.

fine, fine. but he was growing impatient. with the constant distortions popping up everywhere, exactly how was he going to legally do research? because that was the kicker. he had to be sponsored or become an apprentice of an established researcher in order for his findings to be seen as valid information.

because anybody could go out and look at a rock and say it was green, sending the information out. but where was the accreditation?? in being sponsored, or becoming an apprentice, of a well known researcher.

finally. finally!

one had responded. said to meet him where he thought there was a decent amount of information toward the distortions, or where he had been theorizing there were ruins that would lead them to clues about the distortions.

so there he was, route one hundred and nineteen, impatiently pacing near a section of woods he’d heard rumors, myths, and legends about. after hearing about them all, he’d done the research and hiked the trails. he knew the way well enough. he just hoped… he didn’t look like a fucking dweeb that didn’t know his ratios from his coordinates.

[attr="class","leonebr"]
[newclass=.leone] margin: 0 auto; width: 450px; [/newclass] [newclass=.leonebr img] float:none;margin:0;box-shadow:none;border:none; [/newclass] [newclass=.leonebr] text-align: center; border-top:solid 1px #232323; color: #2b2b2b; margin-top:20px;margin-bottom:-40px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
initiation [ m ]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 2:33:09 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
his findings would be valid information to someone, at least. he had been noticed.

this had been fake—to a degree. a lie. poor leone surely had no idea that the woman he was about to meet was not only uncredible within the larger scientific community, but also a murderous villain. this was still an opportunity, though. depending on his willingness to make difficult sacrifices and leave behind such troublesome restraints as morality and ethical practice, leone could do great things moving forward.

she came out from behind a tree, onto the path to meet him. in her hand was a device he would not have seen before. something new, developed by the bright minds of team rocket, and their tech-savvy head scientist.

”mr. harte?”

though she had presented herself initially under the identity of doctor ingrid crane, lulu came with no wig, or alternate aesthetic. her face wasn’t yet plastered anywhere as wanted, or a threat to society. she was merely a shadow in the darkest corner of their shared world, for now.

her only disguise was a friendly smile.
@leone
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
initiation [ m ]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 13:04:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","leone"]
his name and the title ‘mr.’ had him jumping. he was, after all, one who held a doctoral degree of education. but did he plaster the ‘dr.’ moniker anywhere?

hell no. everybody thought he could save their lives if he did that. but he also wasn’t used to the ‘mister’ either.

”oh! doctor crane.” ah, but he knows well enough to address her by her own moniker. ”i’m happy you made it.”

so much younger than i anticipated… though, he wasn’t really one to talk now, was he?

the gadget in her hand caught his attention and he was beaming.

”brought a new toy?”
[attr="class","leonebr"]
[newclass=.leone] margin: 0 auto; width: 450px; [/newclass] [newclass=.leonebr img] float:none;margin:0;box-shadow:none;border:none; [/newclass] [newclass=.leonebr] text-align: center; border-top:solid 1px #232323; color: #2b2b2b; margin-top:20px;padding-top:20px;margin-bottom:-20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
initiation [ m ]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 9:57:38 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
it was ironic, maybe, that she was often called ‘dr. flint’ without having a phd to speak of. like leone, she was not in the habit of correcting people on it. in fact, she found it very amusing.

for now, though, of course, it was dr. crane.

as he lit up at the device in her hand, her smile only crept up at the edges more. she had him already, didn’t she? just like that.

”yes. very new.”

she held it up for him to see. it was a device that didn’t look too much unlike your typical radiation detector. it was little larger, with scarcely noticeable differences otherwise.

”this is an infinity energy detector. it’s something my team and i have developed recently. with it, we’ve been able to discover fluctuations in bioenergy prior to spacetime distortions. to some extent, we’ve been able to predict them.”

we being team rocket, which was why someone like him hadn’t heard about it yet.

still smiling, friendly, she reached out to hand it to him.

”here. have a look.”

it worked similar to a geiger counter, numbers on a screen giving a reading of the level of infinity energy around them, which, for now, would likely not be anything noteworthy. static, unless something prepared to open up nearby.
@leone
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
initiation [ m ]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 17:03:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","leone"]
”oh my god seriously?”

was he giddy? absolutely. his hands even shook when he took the item, but his grip was firm so he didn’t drop it. not so firm that he’d break it, either.

a delicate balance, but he managed well enough.

”i’ve never even read about it’s development. personal project?”

he didn’t even realize he was prying, handing the device back because it wasn’t his and he didn’t want to break it on accident. it was so impressive and leone felt a little starstruck by it.

and the confident woman who offered it.
[attr="class","leonebr"]
[newclass=.leone] margin: 0 auto; width: 450px; [/newclass] [newclass=.leonebr img] float:none;margin:0;box-shadow:none;border:none; [/newclass] [newclass=.leonebr] text-align: center; border-top:solid 1px #232323; color: #2b2b2b; margin-top:20px;padding-top:20px;margin-bottom:-20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
initiation [ m ]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 4:05:33 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
her hand only barely left the device before he was handing it back. she took it away again, amusement lingering at his excitement. was he nervous?

”mostly—but i did have help.” that help was a team of rockets and the funds provided by their organization.

her smile twitched upward.

”tell me about yourself, mr. harte. what are your dreams?”
@leone
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
initiation [ m ]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 12:28:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","leone"]
oh shit… was this an interview? he wasn’t prepared for an interview! he hadn’t even thought in the realm of an interview? oh god, oh gooooood.

”i um, i really wanna just mess with temporal physics and quantum theories for a living.”

vague! great job leone! five stars! somebody shoot him, that’s what he’s internally pleading right about now.

the panic makes him more nervous, nervous enough to nearly flush at the thought of fucking it all up immediately. social anxiety to the max!

”that’s, really vague. but i mean, i don’t have a greater purpose in mind. i don’t have enough knowledge of the world and region, or the distortions, to have any more of a grand plan than just … wanting to know more. are these a form of time travel? if so, what’s causing it? is it a pokémon? is it a collective energy? is it a result of cosmic energy from cosmic pokémon? is it an outside source?”

what were his dreams?

”i think right now more than anything i am dreaming of not talking anymore.” and then, he laughs at himself, giving her a small but apologetic smile.
[attr="class","leonebr"] @tag
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,413 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
initiation [ m ]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 11:19:18 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
temporal physics and quantum theories. it was a good thing to hear, because that’s what she was here for. the more he explained, the more pleased she was with her decision to reach out to him. his biggest question was one of the biggest of her own.

a reassuring smile grew on her pale face.

”you’re fine. i like your enthusiasm. it’s only with such an abundance of questions that we may find the right answers to anything.”

those who didn’t ask too many questions need not apply.

”so, what about since you’ve come to hoenn? how is your own research coming along?”
@leone