thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
HEATWAVE
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 7:39:50 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","deadinside"]
[attr="class","top"]

it is hot out today but it's a good thing theo brought sunscreen. he always comes prepared, after all, whether it be a mission or a fun day out in the sun.[break][break]

he pulls it out of his backpack as they get settled underneath one of the many umbrellas set up on the beach. he offers it to her.[break][break]

"it's the best sunscreen on the market, apparently."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-bruxish"]

[newclass=".deadinside"]--accent:#d5d5d5; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
HEATWAVE
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 8:15:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

a fun day out in the sun was much needed. it had been two months since sootopolis had almost be eradicated. two months since her feelings about the man beside her had become troubling, and lonely.[break][break]

but things were beginning to get back to normal, and the sun was out, hot and bright enough to blind everyone to their problems—at least for the time being.[break][break]

setting things down, she reached for the sunscreen with a smile.[break][break]

”thanks.”[break][break]

the lid popped open, and she began to smear it across her skin, before asking shortly after, ”help me?”

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-darkrai" style="opacity:0.2;"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
HEATWAVE
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 8:38:25 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

despite the splashfest being an event conjured up by the league as a distraction, he has to admit that they've done a decent job with it. all of the events seem curated to pass the time, allowing people to take their minds off the bitter reality that their lives may just come to an end in the coming few months.[break][break]

it allows theo to ignore it as well. at least for now.[break][break]

smearing a bit of sunscreen across his palms, he nods and starts to help smooth some over her skin. the myriad of colors from familiar tattoos blend effortlessly with the white cream, and after a moment of making sure her back and shoulders are covered, he nods again.[break][break]

"i need your help as well, please."[break][break]

his shirt's unbuttoned and shrugged off.

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
HEATWAVE
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 2:03:15 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

it felt good to be as fearless as she once had been. tattoos that might’ve caught the eye of some people were paid little mind. she didn’t cover up, angry dragon glaring back at whoever decided to stare.[break][break]
his touch was more than welcome. while he got her back, she smoothed some into her face.[break][break]
”okay.”[break][break]
off came his shirt, to reveal his abundance of scars. as she moved to smear sunscreen over his shoulders, it was difficult not to the notice the gaze of someone else walking by. were they drawn by muscle or scars? war-weathered bodies were a norm in hoenn, but theo was perhaps exceptional.[break][break]
she pretended not to notice. none of it existed, because doing this and being here felt like such a normal thing. they were normal today.[break][break]
she finished up, and stepped around him with a smile.[break][break]
"done. want some tequila?"

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-darkrai" style="opacity:0.2;"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#806e81; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
HEATWAVE
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 9:30:11 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

theo doesn't notice them either. they can stare all they want but very little will pull him out of their bubble even if it only temporary.[break][break]

he tilts his head up to meet her gaze, shades protecting his eyes from the harsh sun.[break][break]

"are you trying to get me drunk again?"[break][break]

tequila and surfing sounds like a bad idea but that might explain his horrible rolls.[break][break]

"yes, please."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
HEATWAVE
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 12:40:11 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she smirked, gaze meeting his through her own dark shades.[break][break]

”again? i thought you weren’t drunk last time.”[break][break]

from another backpack she’d brought along, she pulled a flask and two small tumblers. caramel-colored anejo trickled into each and she handed one towards theo.[break][break]

”i brought the good stuff.”[break][break]

it was looking like the end of the world, maybe, if the league couldn’t save them, and if no one else had a plan. she had finally decided her own was a failure—she just hadn’t told anyone yet.[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-darkrai"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
HEATWAVE
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 7:24:57 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

his slipup has him pausing for a moment before his expression breaks with a faint smile.[break][break]

"maybe i was slightly drunk."[break][break]

he can't seem to remember which is a sign in itself; a sign he conveniently chooses to ignore.[break][break]

the tumbler is accepted with a grateful nod.[break][break]

"what are we celebrating? the end of the world?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
HEATWAVE
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 12:58:57 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”hm.”[break][break]

there was teasing in her tone and a lingering twist in her smile. it softened at his question.[break][break]

would theo be angry, after she’d scoffed at him for suggesting she work with others? would he even be surprised that she’d failed? how could she tell him that she had overestimated herself? since meeting theo, she'd felt such a strong need to impress him. over time, she had also discovered how much she wanted to keep him safe—and now she had failed him on both accounts.[break][break]

she had ideas, but they were too grand. there was too little time. it was too late to switch directions, and now, the league seemed to be their only remaining hope.[break][break]

after several moments of taking far too long to answer, she pulled closer. her gaze was the most sincere that it ever had been.[break][break]

”i should have listened to you.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
HEATWAVE
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 10:03:31 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"hm?"[break][break]

not really thinking too much about the silence after his question, he's unaware of her thoughts but he does see the sincerity behind her gaze. it confuses him for a moment; he stalls for a bit behind the sip of tequila.[break][break]

when the tumbler lowers, he asks:[break][break]

"what about?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
HEATWAVE
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 9:01:09 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

the moment she thought he’d realize, there was only a look of confusion staring back at her over the rim of his tequila. a small, but unexpected extra moment to live in a reality where she was not such a disappointment, yet again.[break][break]

she bit her lip, and then sipped her tequila as well, stalling. when it came back down, she stared at it, tapping the sides of the cup lightly a couple of times.[break][break]

”i mean, i should have heard you out. when you asked if i’d consider working with the league’s scientists.”[break][break]

fuck.[break][break]

she met his eyes again.[break][break]

”i failed.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
HEATWAVE
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 9:20:47 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh."[break][break]

it isn't what he's expecting because the thought of it never crossed his mind. but now that she's brought it up, he considers it for a moment this time without the stalling from sipping the tequila.[break][break]

"if it's any consolation, i didn't think you would fail when i made the suggestion."[break][break]

he thought it best to clarify.[break][break]

"i'm not disappointed that you couldn't solve it in time. it was an impossible task for anyone to do on their own."[break][break]

still, he offers a faint smile.[break][break]

"i'm sorry."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
HEATWAVE
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 11:44:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

there was no consoling her. whatever relief she felt from his lack of anger and resentment was different. at her core, she felt defeated.[break][break]
however, it definitely meant something hear that he’d had faith in her, and what was more was that she trusted him when he said it. this sense of unexpected ease from him was enough allow the tightness in her chest to relent a little.[break][break]
still, she didn’t understand his calmness, or his forgiveness, if that’s what it was.[break][break]
”not sure why you’re apologizing.”[break][break]
with a sigh, she corrected, ”it wasn’t just me—but i was leading the project. i’m the one responsible for its failure.”[break][break]
her eyes hung on his, admiring. what she often mistook for coldness was truly just… gentleness, despite who or what he was. hatred for him and the things he’d done would always be inside her, however deeply buried by the other complex emotions which had grown and smothered it. for better or worse, he made her feel something, and she wanted him until the end.[break][break]
”i’m sorry, theo.”[break][break]
she took a moment, adjusting to the surprise of his response, before she moved to the next big thing. no time like the present, when the apocalypse was imminent.[break][break]
”… would you like to move in together?”[break][break]
she wanted to spend as much time with him as possible before they were all dead.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
HEATWAVE
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 7:51:23 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh."[break][break]

not knowing what to say beyond what has already been said, theo accepts her apology just so they can move to the next big thing, and fuck, is it a big thing.[break][break]

the question catches him by surprise. but after a moment, he finds that it's a good one. it's something he'd been meaning to ask her as well but hadn't due to recent events.[break][break]

this is good, he thinks; a step forward together.[break][break]

"i'd like that."[break][break]

he finds her hand, gentle in the way fingers intertwine.[break][break]

"but i don't think i could live in your lighthouse."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,402 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
HEATWAVE
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 4:02:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she wasn’t sure what response she’d been expecting from him. theo surprised her all the time. she was surprised, in a way, but his answer this time too.[break][break]
but she was grateful.[break][break]
”good. me too.”[break][break]
his fingers found hers and it occurred to her that it had been the first time in a while. she squeezed his gently, and she smiled at his sentiment.[break][break]
”what? why not? i mean, sure, we’d have to move a bed in, but it’s not that bad...”[break][break]
a sip of her tequila hid her smirk. it was bad. she knew.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,358 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
HEATWAVE
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 8:15:43 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the thought that she might be messing with him does occur to him but he decides to take her seriously. moving in together is a serious topic, after all.[break][break]

"lulu..."[break][break]

he starts, clearing his throat because he's not sure how best to approach this. what angle would convince her that living in a lighthouse might not be the best idea?[break][break]

"there's a hole in the wall."