Mega Pokémon Crash Course [m/magma]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2022 15:43:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]
[attr="class","bishoptext"]

As Bishop walked through the East Wing of Team Rocket's submarine, he had to admit: the training facilities grouped in that area were impressive. Not only were there gyms for improving human fitness, which he would certainly be visiting on a regular basis, but there were chambers for Pokémon battles, too.[break][break]

He'd been directed by his new superiors to show up at one of such rooms so he could learn about Pokémon phenomena unique to the Hoenn region. Not only that, but he'd been advised his instructor would be none other than one of the underbosses. Back in Kalos, Bishop had not often had the opportunity to meet an underboss face-to-face. He marveled, not for the first time, how differently the two branches of Rocket operated.[break][break]

Finally locating the correct battle hall, Bishop stepped inside and immediately noticed the blonde man waiting for him.[break][break]

"Hey," he greeted , flashing the other man a quick grin. Then he remembered his manners and coughed apologetically. "Sir. I'm Bishop. I'm here for the lesson on Pokémon mega evolution. Got my own with me if needed, too."[break][break]

He patted the two Pokéballs clipped to his belt.

[break]

[attr="class","bishopooc"][break]

NOTES

+ Mission: Pokémon Pedagogy[break]
+ For the M.A.G.M.A. Division: Control I

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.bishop]--accent:#B65050;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bishop]font:13px Roboto Flex;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext b"]color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext a { font:13px Roboto Flex;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishoptext i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc"]} .bishop .bishopooc b { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc a { font:13px Roboto Flex;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishopooc i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .bishop .bishopooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoppkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 8:31:38 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's all business, straight posture and stoic demeanour, though he does not balk at the smile flashed by the grunt who walks into the room. @ethan he was told; a transfer from Kalos. Gavin can only assume and hope that things in the old region weren't as cruel and unusual as things had been in Kanto before his own transfer.

Shaking off any straying thoughts, he greets the other with a nod.

"Bishop," he acknowledges, noting his preference of surname. Or perhaps it was assumption of Gavin's own? Either way, he doesn't dispute it. "Gavin Merlino. Are your Pokemon those described to be capable of mega evolution?"

A list of all (known) Pokémon able to utilize the phenomenon had been included with the invitation to the crash course, but who knew if Rocket grunts bothered to read? Sometimes it felt like people intentionally avoided it.

@bishop
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 13:34:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

Bishop had, in fact, read the list of known Pokémon capable of mega evolution, but he had none of them. The only Pokémon he'd ever bothered to train were his Obstagoon, who'd been his companion as a kid since they were both small, and his Scrafty. They were also the only Pokémon he'd brought with him to Hoenn.[break][break]

"Nah, don't have any of 'em. I just have the Obstagoon and Scrafty I took with me from Kalos. But I can take 'em out if we need, for the lesson."[break][break]

He had no idea how exactly the lesson was supposed to proceed, anyway. 'Mega evolution' wasn't the most descriptive concept and could mean literally anything.

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.bishop]font:13px Roboto Flex;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext b"]color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext a { font:13px Roboto Flex;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishoptext i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc"]} .bishop .bishopooc b { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc a { font:13px Roboto Flex;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishopooc i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .bishop .bishopooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 10:44:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Bless him for reading. Gavin would be pleased, if he knew.

Instead he remains relatively indifferent, nodding at the others words. Been a while since I saw an Obstagoon. They were popular back in Galar, but not so much in Hoenn. Not yet.

"You may as well. If you've no Megas of your own, you'll be fighting mine."

There's a Rotomi in the corner of the room, and Gavin crosses to it in order to pull out one of his oldest living Pokémon — a Steelix he'd caught in the wild, her metallic coat the colour of burnished gold. She rumbles in displeasure upon release, coiling like a snake to peer down at her would-be challenger.

"She was one of the Pokémon I used for the gym circuit, so she's less aggressive than the others." Bishop may or may not have heard rumours of the vicious and bloodthirsty Pokémon the underboss favoured; Gavin hopes to reassure him of his safety. "The first thing you need for the process is a Mega Stone." Gavin opens his palm; mega stones sit like a small collection of marbles, and he plucks the Steelixite from among them. "The second is a keystone. People fashion them into all kinds of accessories, but mine..." He reaches up as if to adjust his glasses, then pulls a pin free of its housing. "I keep here."

Bright light beams between keystone and Pokemon, and the Steelix transforms.

@bishop
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 17:22:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

[attr="class","bishoppkmn"]

Steelix was a massive Pokémon already, so when Gavin's transformed into… well, a mega version, Bishop could not help the way his jaw dropped. He'd never heard about anything like it before in his life, let alone seen it. His superiors in Kalos had never mentioned anything, either. Had they been keeping it a secret from the rest of the organization? Or did the Hoennians keep it from their counterparts in other regions, in general?[break][break]

Didn't matter. Bishop hoped this new form of Steelix wasn't too different from the regular one. He recalled that Steel-type Pokémon were immune to most other types except for a few, one of which he actually had on hand.[break][break]

He removed a Pokéball from his belt and summoned his Scrafty. The Hoodlum Pokémon blinked up at the strange Steelix and looked back at her master, confused.[break][break]

"Yeah, me too," Bishop said with a bark of laughter. "We're fighting that, so get ready."[break][break]

Scrafty nodded, the puzzlement replaced immediately with determination, and squared off against the Steelix.[break][break]

Meanwhile, Bishop addressed Gavin with a nod of his head. "Megastone for the Pokémon, keystone to activate it. Got it." He grinned. "Ready when you are, Boss."

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 9:42:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Letting them have the first move was a mistake.

Gavin capitalizes with a click of his tongue, and the wide training room is suddenly filled with the blinding, stinging effects of a SANDSTORM. Sand rattles against the metal walls of the submarine and piles up along the walls.

Unbeknownst to Bishop, her SAND FORCE would activate for a hidden advantage.

"This form is temporary." Gavin's arm is thrown up over his mouth to prevent the swallowing of sand. "Do as much damage as you can before it reverts."

@bishop
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 11:17:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

When the training room started filling with sand, Bishop quickly fished his mask out of his jacket pocket and put it on. It covered his face from the nose down, dark resin and black cloth molded into a fanged grin.[break][break]

Scrafty, unfortunately, was not as lucky. Hunching her shoulders, she raised a paw to protect her eyes from the sand.[break][break]

"Temporary, huh?" Interesting. Bishop was ready to believe that the mega evolution was permanent, like most evolution. "Scrafty, you know what to do. Get in close."[break][break]

Despite the sand piling up on the floor, the Hoodlum Pokémon bolted toward the Mega Steelix, closing the gap between them. There was a reason she went second: her PAYBACK would deal double its normal damage, even against the Steelix's tough hide.

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.bishop]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext b"]color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishoptext i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc"]} .bishop .bishopooc b { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishopooc i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .bishop .bishopooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 9:44:48 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"It takes significant effort for her to maintain the form after a short period of time, Gavin explains, as the Steelix is hit by Scrafty's PAYBACK. She grumbles with the pain, but stands firm. "Even if she manages to hold out for longer than the average, it will eventually fail. It can harm the Pokémon if it's pushed too far."

For now, Steelix is in the prime of her evolution, aiming for her opponent with a fierce strike of her IRON TAIL. Both SHEER FORCE and SAND FORCE would activate, increasing significantly the amount of damage she could do.

"Pokemon undergoing Mega Evolution often acquire a secondary ability, in addition to the original. Steelix has Sand Force. You know what that does?"

@bishop
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 10:38:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

Bishop nodded as Gavin explained the limitations of mega evolution, mentally locking away the information for later use. His furrowed brow and the sharp focus in his eyes revealed his intense concentration, a stark contrast to the man's otherwise laidback attitude. It was clear Pokémon battles were encounters he took seriously. [break][break]

"It increases the power of certain types of moves," Bishop answered as the mega Steelix's IRON TAIL smashed into the unfortunate Scrafty, sending the Hoodlum Pokémon flying across the room. Her trainer's frown deepened, though the expression was partly hidden behind his mask. "Rock, Ground, and Steel-type moves, specifically." [break][break]

Which was already proving dire in that situation. Scrafty took a second to get back onto her feet, flinching as the hurricane of sand bit into her skin for additional damage. [break][break]

"You got this, girl," Bishop called out. [break][break]

Scrafty nodded at him and leaped at the Steelix. As she charged, a shimmering shield flickered into view around her as she cast PROTECT on herself.

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.bishop]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext b"]color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishoptext i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc"]} .bishop .bishopooc b { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishopooc i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .bishop .bishopooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 14:16:42 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin nods, satisfied. The bar was low, for often Rocket attracted those fairly uneducated in battling. That Bishop was a cut above the rest in terms of his knowledge was reassuring to an underboss who often dealt with less.

Though Scrafty isn't doing well so far against the steel titan, Gavin knows that Steelix won't be able to maintain this form much longer. Already he can see signs of strain as the swirl of crystals around the enlarged serpent slow in their orbit. Subtle, but a telltale sign for one who has witnessed the Steelix perform before. Her attempt to bury the Hoodlum Pokémon with ROCK SLIDE is counteracted by the protect, Steelix roaring her displeasure and slamming her tail against the floor of the sub, making it shake.

That anger uses up the rest of her energy, to Gavin's displeasure, and with a muted burst of light the evolution fades.

_ajJ0GcQ
@bishop
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 22:42:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]

The mega Steelix reverted to her regular form, signaling the end of Bishop's lesson — or so he assumed based on Gavin's earlier instruction. But the sandstorm had not abated yet, and Bishop knew better than to relax his guard in a confrontation, educational as its nature might be.[break][break]

Still, when Scrafty glanced back at him to confirm her orders, he gestured for her to wait.[break][break]

"That really didn't seem like much time," Bishop observed, watching the Steelix warily. "Thought we might be able to get a LOW KICK in or somethin'. So that means anyone with a mega Pokémon's gotta use it at just the right time — not any earlier, or it might be a total waste."[break][break]

The commentary was for his own sake, in truth. He was certain Gavin already knew this, but Bishop wanted to be sure he had absorbed the lesson properly — and the lesson underneath it, too.

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Source Sans Pro]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.bishop]font:14px Source Sans Pro;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext b"]color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext a { font:14px Source Sans Pro;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishoptext i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc"]} .bishop .bishopooc b { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc a { font:14px Source Sans Pro;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishopooc i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .bishop .bishopooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 22:20:35 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Perhaps it's courteous of Bishop to command his Pokémon to wait, but the world is cutthroat and Rocket must be prepared for such brutality. Not having been called off by a click of her trainer's tongue, Steelix aims another swipe of her IRON TAIL to punish the Scrafty for inaction.

"My Pokémon are trained to kill," Gavin says simply, finally calling off the Steelix by returning her to her ball. "You can never let your guard down, even when you think you're safe."

Of Megas, he says, "It's not much time, but it can be life or death in a tough situation. There's also the potential that she could have held out longer, though it seems she's out of practice." Translation: she doesn't see much battle, these days. Gavin has new pets, his shadow Pokémon taking all his interest. "There is an item that can extend the evolution, aptly titled a MEGA EXTENDER, but I don't have one on hand. It's a one-time use regardless." He wouldn't waste it on a lesson.

Though it may seem abrupt, Gavin is a busy man, and concludes their meeting with a simple, "Good work."

With a nod, he turns to confront the next person who enters the room.

@bishop
95VXwQZR
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 4:36:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@bishop