704 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
Swimming Lessons [m/vv]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 15:38:22 GMT
nina larson Avatar
she assessed the windmilling motion of his arms. looked about right to her. but would it work in application?

“okay. that looks good—“

the cry of his obstagoon from the shore caused her to turn her head mid-sentence. seeing its concern for him was kind of cute. this whole interaction was turning out to be the same, actually.

“a beer sounds nice.” her attention returned to ramsey with a smile. “after you learn how to not drown.”

at least this first stroke, or some survivable variation of it.

“so when you move your arms, when this arm comes over your head, turn to the other side to breathe.”

she bent to demonstrate in the water from the hip up, before raising again.

“and you’ll want to kick your feet, of course. try it!”

@bishop

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Swimming Lessons [m/vv]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 16:51:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]
[attr="class","bishoptext"]

What Nina described sounded tricky, but Bishop was more than willing to give it a shot. In waist-deep water, and with several helpful Water-type Pokémon nearby, the chance of him drowning on his first attempt was slim.[break][break]

Right?[break][break]

"Breathe on the other side. Got it," he said, brow furrowed slightly as he tried to imagine what that looked like. Swimming scenes in movies and TV shows were always a little choppy and never showed the details of how to swim.[break][break]

Still somewhat hesitant, Bishop leaned forward into the water and moved his arms in the same windmilling motion. At the same time, he kicked off the sandy bottom and, like Nina instructed, kept kicking to propel himself forward.[break][break]

At first, he felt like he was doing little more than flailing around, especially when he tried to do the whole 'turn to the other side to breathe' thing. But after a few seconds, something clicked. Bishop fell into a rhythm. He swam a few feet, splashing loudly, before he bumped into Nina's Milotic and stood up again.[break][break]

He turned toward the woman, wiping the salt water from his eyes, and grinned triumphantly at her. "How'd I do?"

[break]

[attr="class","bishopooc"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Sunny Day (VV)

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.bishop]--accent:#B65050;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bishop]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext b"]color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishoptext i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc"]} .bishop .bishopooc b { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishopooc i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .bishop .bishopooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoppkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
704 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
Swimming Lessons [m/vv]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 17:53:36 GMT
nina larson Avatar
ramsey was a quick learner, apparently. she’d expected this to take a lot longer. he was no champ just yet, but he wasn’t flailing or sinking, and that was progress.

when he stood up again, nina’s milotic was gazing down at him curiously, not seeming too offended by his bumping into her. though a little aloof, she was hardly aggressive unless the situation truly called for it.

nina grinned.

”great! you swam—quicker than I thought you would, actually. good job!”

she raised her hands from the water to clap a couple of times, before looking over towards the sand.

”do you wanna take a break now?”

@bishop

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Swimming Lessons [m/vv]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 18:02:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bishop"]
[attr="class","bishoptext"]

A break sounded great. He had been enjoying the ocean's waves long before bumping into Nina and he could use the rest. The sun was sapping his strength more than he'd expected it to.[break][break]

"Sure! We can have those beers, and I can introduce you to my Pokémon."[break][break]

Bishop led the way back to his beach blanket, where Obstagoon was burying Scrafty in the sand from the neck down. The two Pokémon perked up when they saw him approach, and Scrafty quickly freed herself, shaking sand all over her playmate.[break][break]

Laughing, Bishop opened the cooler and opened a beer for Nina. He handed it to her before opening his own. They were all the same, a random brand he'd picked up at the local liquor store.[break][break]

"Cheers," he said, smiling and clinking his bottle against hers.

[break]

[attr="class","bishopooc"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Sunny Day (VV)

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.bishop]--accent:#B65050;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bishop]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoptext b"]color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishoptext i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishoptext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishopooc"]} .bishop .bishopooc b { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .bishop .bishopooc i { color:var(--accent); } .bishop .bishopooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .bishop .bishopooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".bishop .bishoppkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,200 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Swimming Lessons [m/vv]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 7:57:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@bishop