Caleb Harcourt
Seaking Something Special [FISH]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 17:57:20 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebpost"]
[attr="class","calebposttext"]

[attr="class","calebpostpkmn"]

Caleb sighed with contentment as the late afternoon sun washed over him as he lounged on Lyra's back, fishing pole balanced comfortably between his outstretched legs. He cracked a cold can of Slateport Special and took a sip, feeling grateful, not for the first time that day, that he had been able to use vacation time to get some much-needed rest.[break][break]
Lyra trilled softly, and Caleb looked over to see a small boat floating by. Its occupant () was a tall, lanky man with dark hair, who also seemed to be fishing in the bay. Caleb sat up straighter, and waved over to the man. "Hey there! He called amicably. He didn't recognize the other fisher, but he felt in a good enough mood to actually say hello for once. "Having any luck today? I haven't really -- " But just as he was about to lament his lack of success at catching anything, his fishing rod jerked forward. Surprised, Caleb swiftly set his beer down on Lyra's hard shell and began reeling in whatever had decided to, at that very moment, latch onto his bait.[break][break]

7aZEs4pi +

[attr="class","calebpostooc"][break]

NOTES

+ Slateport Splashfest: Fishing (Reference Guide)[break]
+ Caleb caught a Dynamax-sized Wishiwashi!

original template by GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Source Sans Pro]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.calebpost]--accent:#3AD1E1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calebpost]font:13px Source Sans Pro;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebpost .calebposttext b"]font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .calebpost .calebposttext a { font:14px Source Sans Pro;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .calebpost .calebposttext i { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent);[/newlcass]
[newclass=".calebpost .calebpostooc"]} .calebpost .calebpostooc b { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .calebpost .calebpostooc a { font:13px Source Sans Pro;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .calebpost .calebpostooc i { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .calebpost .calebpostooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebpost .calebpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px[/newclass]
·
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 20:37:01 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

Watts snoozed quietly in the bow of the small boat Jack had rented to fish during Splashfest. The warm sun provide a gentle pressure against his bare shoulders and back as he lounged in the tiny vessel as it drifted aimlessly. He had been at it for at least an hour now but not even a nibble on his line disrupted the peace of the day. Nothing wrong with a little relaxation after the frenetic pace of the rest of the celebration, he thinks to himself as he checks the line, finally noticing another man on a Lapras fishing nearby. Jack opens his mouth as the man hails him though is shocked to silence as the guy reels in an absolutely massive Wishiwashi. Even Watts sat up to watch.

"Oy mate, nice one!" Jack calls enthusiastically to the man. Just then his rod jerks down and he struggles against the tension in his own fishing line.

3jyvdSXp

"Looks like this must be a fishing hot spot," Jack says as he examines his catch. "The name's Jack, and this here's Watts," he says by way of introduction.

Spleashfest: Fishing [break]

Caught:[break]+ extra-small magikarp (size: 10)
·
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 3:53:47 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]

Caleb didn't waste his strength trying to haul the massive Wishiwashi onto Lyra - he was fairly certain that the giant Pokémon weighed as much as she did - but instead, detached it from his fishing line and let it swim off with a loud splash. "Holy shit," He laughed. "I had no idea Wishiwashi could even get that big." Lyra snorted with displeasure, deciding at that moment to drift closer to the man who had introduced himself as Jack. She leaned over and touched noses with the Boltund named Watts in greeting.[break][break]
"Wait - you wouldn't happen to be , would you?" Caleb asked suddenly, the name surfacing to his mind. "I read the review of Moonblast Microbrew recently." He held up his half-finished can of beer in emphasis. "Good stuff! Glad I came across the article or I'd never have known about it."[break][break]
Just then, Caleb's fishing line began to grow tense - something else was latching on![break][break]
hXb5pQRQ +

NOTES

+ Caleb caught a Dynamax-sized (99) Wishiwashi (19)[break]
+ Caleb caught a Small-sized (11) Mantine (71)

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.calebpost]font:13px Source Sans Pro;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebpost .calebposttext b"]font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .calebpost .calebposttext a { font:14px Source Sans Pro;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .calebpost .calebposttext i { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent);[/newlcass]
[newclass=".calebpost .calebpostooc"]} .calebpost .calebpostooc b { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .calebpost .calebpostooc a { font:13px Source Sans Pro;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase; } .calebpost .calebpostooc i { font-size:14px;color:var(--accent); } .calebpost .calebpostooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
·
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 10:22:02 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

A wide grin breaks across Jack's face at the mention of his Moonblast Microbrew review, fond memories of his gaming session and interview with coming to mind. Suddenly, Watt's alert posture becomes tense seconds before Jack feels tension on his fishing line again. Reeling against the strain as the rod bends downward, Jack sighs as Watts barks happily with encouragement.

FzEOYHCK

"Huh! How did I manage to hook a Gyarados," Jack says as he examines his catch. "Any chance you have an extra beer, mate?" Jack calls to Caleb.

Splashfest: Fishing [break]

Caught:[break]+ extra-small magikarp (size: 10)[break]+ average gyarados (size: 31)
·
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 14:42:44 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]

"Oh hey, yeah, I've got a six pack with me, one second - " Caleb released the Mantine he'd recently caught, and leaned over to grab another beer from the mini cooler he had perched on top of Lyra's back next to his bag of fishing bait, a towel (just in case), and his wallet. He tossed the second Slateport Special over to Jack, who caught it quite deftly, then took another sip of his own. "Great day to be out on the water," he commented with a relaxed grin. "Usually I'd be working right now, but I took the day off. Are you in the area to write about Splashfest?"[break][break]
His rod began to grow tense again, and he marveled at just how well-populated this particular spot seemed to be. Jack was right, this had to be some kind of fishing hot spot. It was their lucky day, he supposed.[break][break]
UjPfozXB+

NOTES

+ Caleb caught a Small-sized (11) Mantine (71)[break]
+ Caleb caught an Extra-large-sized(89) Wishiwashi (18)

[googlefont=Montserrat]
·
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 11:44:34 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

Jack glances between the beer and the man on the Lapras with a wide smile. "Cheers," he calls as he snaps open the tab and raises the can in the air before taking a drink.

Jack tilts his head at the question before responding, "Nah mate, same plan as you with taking the day off. I've been covering Splashfest a month and needed a bit of a vacation." His eyes dart from the man on the Lapras to the sudden tension in his fishing line. Watt's ears perk up as the Boltund waits expectantly to see what comes from the water.

pIU0QNdG

As Jack heaves the enormous Goldeen up from the water, Watts begins to bark loudly at the fish pokemon. "Oy, what a monster! Did you drop an incense in the water or something?" he calls out jovially.

Caught:[break]+ extra-small magikarp (size: 10)[break]+ average gyarados (size: 31)[break]+ gigantamax-size goldeen (size: 100)
·
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 13:01:19 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

Leaning back with a beer in his hand and a Boltund in his little boat, Jack felt at peace with the world. His conversation with the other fisherman lapsed into silence as Jack took in the peace of the day and the relaxation of fishing. That peace is soon broken by the sounds of splashing and the wild tension in the line of Jack's fishing pole as Watts looks eagerly over the side of the boat.

iP24Ueve

"Hoo, just reeling 'em in today!" he calls out to his fellow fisher.

Caught:[break]+ extra-small magikarp (size: 10)[break]+ average gyarados (size: 31)[break]+ gigantamax-size goldeen (size: 100)[break]+ average magikarp (size: 64)
·
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 18:52:03 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]

Distracted by yet another massive Wishiwashi, and the insanely huge Goldeen had caught, Caleb abandoned the conversation momentarily to focus on the Pokémon. He unhooked the Wishiwashi from his line, then patted Lyra on the head, to ensure she wasn't too put out by all of these rather large water Pokémon the two fisherman kept catching. She looked back at him, expression suggesting that the situation would be greatly improved if he were to give her a snack; he laughed and fetched some treats from his bag. As she feasted, he finished off his beer, and turned back to Jack.[break][break]
"Nah, I don't have any incense. To be honest, I have no idea why this particular spot seems to be the home of Hoenn's largest water Pokémon," Caleb responded to the other man's original comment. "I wonder if it has anything to do with the impending meteor...a gravitational pull of some kind?" He shrugged uncertainly, the scientific reasoning behind various Pokémon behaviors had never been his strong suit.[break][break]
Just then, his line grew taught once more and he pulled hard, just in case it was another huge Pokémon.[break][break]
Rf1fx73V+

NOTES

+ Caleb caught an Extra-large-sized(89) Wishiwashi (18)[break]
+ Caleb caught a Small-sized (24) Magikarp (1)

[googlefont=Montserrat]
·
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 15:26:25 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

"I'm just going to say you're lucky, mate. I wasn't catching any until my boat drifted in your direction!" Jack exclaims warmly to the man as he casts his line back into the water. He shrugs at Caleb's suggestion of the meteor, fighting off a vague feeling of unease, but what would a blogger know of such things? Instead, Jack takes another drink of beer and pets Watts between the ears. It isn't long before he feels another tug on his line.

FZBqEZR6

"I'm never going to finish my beer if the fish keep up with this," he laughs, casting a rueful grin to Caleb.

Caught:[break]+ extra-small magikarp (size: 10)[break]+ average gyarados (size: 31)[break]+ gigantamax-size goldeen (size: 100)[break]+ average magikarp (size: 64)[break]+ average lanturn (size: 35)
·
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 21:39:52 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

Jack lapses into a contented silence as Watts curls back up to snooze in the bow of the small boat. Jack teases the line a few times but for now, the fish seem to be providing him with a brief respite. Taking a few more drinks of the gifted beer, Jack says to his fishing companion, "This reminds me of fishing off the pier back when I was a kid in Hulbury. Didn't catch anything near as exciting as those Wishiwashi of yours though!"

bxep_xYR

Caught:[break]+ extra-small magikarp (size: 10)[break]+ average gyarados (size: 31)[break]+ gigantamax-size goldeen (size: 100)[break]+ average magikarp (size: 64)[break]+ average lanturn (size: 35)[break]+ average milotic (size: 37)
·
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 1:12:08 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

Jack casts his line back into the water and settles down into the floor of the boat as a quiet peace descends upon the area where he and Caleb are fishing. The man leans back slightly, resting his head on Watts while keeping an eye on the fishing line. The Boltund sighs with contentment before dozing off.

eRkdGANh

Caught:[break]+ extra-small magikarp (size: 10)[break]+ average gyarados (size: 31)[break]+ gigantamax-size goldeen (size: 100)[break]+ average magikarp (size: 64)[break]+ average lanturn (size: 35)[break]+ average milotic (size: 37)[break]+ small gyarados (size: 15)
·
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 0:37:53 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]

"Hulbury?" Caleb looked over at curiously at the mention of the far-away coastal town. "So you're originally from Galar, then? What made you choose Hoenn as your eventual home?" He shifted around to face the other man more directly as he released the small Magikarp he'd caught back into the water with a small splash. The pathetic little thing had already begun flailing helplessly...it really was a wonder that such useless fish evolved into terrifying sea monsters eventually.[break][break]
Just then, there were several rapid tugs on Caleb's fishing rod, and he readied himself to reel in another Pokémon. Quite the fishing area indeed![break][break]
HpYsmKJ1+

NOTES

+ Caleb caught a Small-sized (24) Magikarp (1)[break]
+ Caleb caught a Large-sized (79) Whiscash (68)

[googlefont=Montserrat]
·
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 1:31:19 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

Jack smiles at as Watts wakes up to listen to the conversation. "Hoenn is so different from Galar, I knew it would give me fresh experiences. Plus, it'd be good content for my blog," Jack chuckles as he responds to the man. "What about you, where's home for you?" Jack asks the man as he tugs on the fishing line and starts to reel in another catch.

0epvHqfn

Caught:[break]+ extra-small magikarp (size: 10)[break]+ average gyarados (size: 31)[break]+ gigantamax-size goldeen (size: 100)[break]+ average magikarp (size: 64)[break]+ average lanturn (size: 35)[break]+ average milotic (size: 37)[break]+ small gyarados (size: 15)[break]+ small magikarp (size: 14)
·
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 12:08:22 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]

For a few heartbeats, Caleb did not respond to the question about his own origins - busying himself, instead, with releasing the Whiscash and preparing a new bait on the end of his fishing line. Then he shrugged and said, casually, "I was born in Kanto." The best lies always held remnants of the truth. "I lost my family to the war there. We all tried to escape to Hoenn together, but..." He stood and - channeling the anger he still felt about what happened in Kanto, though doing his best not to show it on his face - flung the end of his fishing line as far as it could reach. "I'm the only one who got out."[break][break]
Something seemed to latch onto his fishing rod nearly immediately, and Caleb held on tight. "Anyway, apologies," Caleb flashed Jack an apologetic grin as he did his best to stay balanced on top of Lyra's back. "My story is a bit of a downer. The past is the past! No need to sully this gorgeous summer afternoon with talk of war and loss."[break][break]
geNfI5Qh+

NOTES

+ Caleb caught a Small-sized (24) Magikarp (1)[break]
+ Caleb caught a Large-sized (79) Whiscash (68)[break]
+ Caleb caught an Average-sized (49) Gyarados (92)[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
·
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 21:18:14 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

Jack nods once as he listens to Caleb, his face schooled to polite impassivity to not let his sadness at the man's story show in his expression. Galar was so far from the tragedies of Kanto that it did not often come to mind, but the news coverage of the atrocities committed there, and even leaked reports of what still happened, were some of the worst things to happen in modern history.

"I'm sorry for what happened. I'm glad we can be here together to enjoy this time," he responds simply with a kind smile to his fishing buddy.

BpmR|reY

As Jack heaves on his fishing rod to reel in the large Gyarados, he asks "Do you like Hoenn? Any recommendations for places I should check out?"

Caught:[break]+ extra-small magikarp (size: 10)[break]+ average gyarados (size: 31)[break]+ gigantamax-size goldeen (size: 100)[break]+ average magikarp (size: 64)[break]+ average lanturn (size: 35)[break]+ average milotic (size: 37)[break]+ small gyarados (size: 15)[break]+ small magikarp (size: 14)
·