2,598 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
new dialect
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 18:47:48 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The League HQ is large. A shining example of progress some would say. A large personal stadium sheltered within for each of the E4 plus the Champion himself. Not to mention all the layers of paper pusher types who worked hard to make sure there was plenty of red tape and room for corruption.

The outside is nice. The area open to the public has a Starmiebucks across the way from the Pokecenter's healing machines.

Chu-e sits outside on a charming little table and waits.

Midday and the sun shines brightly. Children laugh in the background. A couple of older ladies behind him titter behind their hands as they enjoy a scenic lunch. He sips a overpriced drink.

Perfectly manicured nails twirl a piece of the Dread Plate.

Chu-e isn't himself right now. One of the benefits of his year-long absence is the new hair. Where Chu-e sits, most would see a normal, if a bit underweight, girl. It doesn't bother him to take this guise. It's less conspicuous.

So Chu-e waits and watches. Wondering when will take his bait.
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
new dialect
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 0:44:43 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrheadinner"]

[attr="class","ltrhead-topper"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-topleft"]
[attr="class","ltr-tags"]for

[attr="class","ltr-lyrics"]All of this [break] is temporary

[attr="class","ltrhead-topright"]

[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]

"No, I don't have the time for another cave run. It won't kill you to eat some poffins, Amethyst."
[break][break]
The suggestion alone causes the Sableye to puff its cheeks in frustration. Like a spoiled brat, it's unhappy with an adult's decision. It would much rather chew on gems rather than some... Fruit-flavoured baked goods. They were too chewy, soft and sweet for Amethyst.
[break][break]
"Please. That face stopped working on me years ago—"
[break][break]
When Katherine finally passes by , she doesn't halt in her tracks, but her eyes do drift to him, paying a quick glance. She almost thought she recognized them.
[break][break]
Almost.
[break][break]
"Fine, I'll look for something when we're home. I might have a pair of earrings I don't need. Just... Stop pouting. Alright?"

[attr="class","ltr-lines"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-1"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-2"]

[attr="class","gimcredits"]made by gimmick

[googlefont="Nunito Sans:400,600,700,800"]
[newclass=.ltrhead] width: 340px; margin: 30px auto; --accent: #963030; --skybase: #2b2b2b; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead a.gimcredits] display: block; text-align: right; padding-top: 4px; font: 700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing: .8px; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrheadinner] background: var(--skybase); position: relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-topper] display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; padding: 25px 25px 0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-topleft] width: 240px; height: 49px; overflow: hidden; display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 240px); align-items: center; color: var(--accent); font: 800 10px/13px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.25px; padding-bottom: 1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-topper::after] content: ''; display: block; height: 1px; background: var(--accent); width: 30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-tags a] color: inherit; text-decoration: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-tags, .ltr-lyrics] transition: transform .5s ease, opacity .3s ease; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-tags] transition-delay: .2s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-100px); -webkit-transform: translate(-100px); -moz-transform: translate(-100px); -o-transform: translate(-100px); opacity: 0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-tags] transform: translate(140px); -webkit-transform: translate(140px); -moz-transform: translate(140px); -o-transform: translate(140px); opacity: 0; transition-delay: 0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-240px); -webkit-transform: translate(-240px); -moz-transform: translate(-240px); -o-transform: translate(-240px); opacity: 1; transition-delay: .25s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-topright img] width: 50px; height: 50px; object-fit: cover; border-radius: 50%; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-text] color: #aaaaaa; font: 400 13px/17px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0; z-index: 100; position: relative; padding: 20px 25px 30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-text b] color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-text br+br] content: ''; display: block; margin-top: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-lines] position: relative; z-index: 100; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-lines>div] background-size: 5.66px 5.66px; background-size: 9px 9px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-line-0] height: 5px; background: var(--ltr-line5); display: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-line-1] height: 1px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-line-2] margin-top: 5px; height: 20px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,598 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
new dialect
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 1:17:55 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"Miss Fairburne," His voice cuts up, deep and not matching his dress or makeup. He doesn't look at her, either. If she doesn't want what he's got, she's free to move on. Chu-e is only doing the bare minimum to hide who he was. If she doesn't want to sit and have a chat, he won't chase her like some drooling fan hoping for a taste of her armpit.

The piece of the plate stops spinning on the table under his finger.

"I think I have something of yours."

His hand is removed from the Dread Plate. His drink is lifted up to his lips.
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
new dialect
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 1:29:23 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]

"Just Katherine will do—"
[break][break]
She sounds- he sounds familiar. So familiar that she turns immediately to face him. So familiar, that the way she moves alerts Amethyst to focus too as if having been ordered to prepare an attack. So familiar, that her eyes fail to register who he is, at first.
[break][break]
After all, he is...
[break][break]
Dead?
[break][break]
"Chu-e..?" Despite the confusion, she keeps her voice quiet, not knowing what to expect. Amethyst stands down following a gesture of the elite four's hand, prompted by the sight of the shard of a plate.
[break][break]
It's real. She can tell. She can feel it.
[break][break]
"I can see that," but, for once in her life, Arceus' plates can wait. Just once. "How are you..?" Alive, she forgets to add.

[newclass=.ltrhead] width: 340px; margin: 30px auto; --accent: #963030; --skybase: #2b2b2b; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead a.gimcredits] display: block; text-align: right; padding-top: 4px; font: 700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing: .8px; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrheadinner] background: var(--skybase); position: relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-topper] display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; padding: 25px 25px 0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-topleft] width: 240px; height: 49px; overflow: hidden; display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 240px); align-items: center; color: var(--accent); font: 800 10px/13px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.25px; padding-bottom: 1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-topper::after] content: ''; display: block; height: 1px; background: var(--accent); width: 30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-tags, .ltr-lyrics] transition: transform .5s ease, opacity .3s ease; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-100px); -webkit-transform: translate(-100px); -moz-transform: translate(-100px); -o-transform: translate(-100px); opacity: 0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-tags] transform: translate(140px); -webkit-transform: translate(140px); -moz-transform: translate(140px); -o-transform: translate(140px); opacity: 0; transition-delay: 0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-240px); -webkit-transform: translate(-240px); -moz-transform: translate(-240px); -o-transform: translate(-240px); opacity: 1; transition-delay: .25s; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-topright img] width: 50px; height: 50px; object-fit: cover; border-radius: 50%; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-text] color: #aaaaaa; font: 400 13px/17px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0; z-index: 100; position: relative; padding: 20px 25px 30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltrhead-text br+br] content: ''; display: block; margin-top: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-lines>div] background-size: 5.66px 5.66px; background-size: 9px 9px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-line-0] height: 5px; background: var(--ltr-line5); display: none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ltr-line-2] margin-top: 5px; height: 20px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,598 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
new dialect
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 2:10:45 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The Sableye is ready to beat his ass. Chu-e just turns, finally, legs crossed in his seat. He nods to . This reunion was a long time coming. His drink is lifted in greeting.

"No fuckin' clue."

He was willing to listen to any theories if she had them.

The chair across from his is kicked out.

"Join me for a little chat?" The plate piece is pushed to that side of the table, too. He grins, elbow on the table and resting his cheek against his hand.
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
new dialect
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 2:25:08 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]

"You aren't gonna try to eat my brain or something, right?"
[break][break]
Katherine almost cringes at her own joke, realizing now that 's video game obsession was rubbing off on her. Although she does take a seat, she does so reluctantly, likely due to the fact that she was mourning a piece of herself that she could never have back.
[break][break]
She could feel the gamer brain rot spreading.
[break][break]
"What can I do for you?"
[break][break]
He doesn't have to say that he wants or needs something. She knows that the plate's here for a reason. Payment, or perhaps even a guarantee that she won't try to finish Necrozma's job here and now. Whichever it was, Katherine was already convinced.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,598 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
new dialect
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 2:35:47 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e snorts, scoffs, and rolls his eyes all in one at the joke. It's as undignified as one would expect. He turns to give her his full attention, since was seated now, leaning on the table with his arms crossed.

"God, not you, too. Gav fuckin' hates me now. And he was my friend before whatever the hell happened, ya know?" If he had the capacity to feel hurt, knowing that disliked him now would make him feel like shit.

In the end, he waves it off.

"This." The table is tapped, next to the plate shard. "Is a peace offering." He lets that hang heavy in the air for a moment. To see if she accepts.

"But, if you're willing to owe me a favor, I have another shard." A sharp smile, all teeth but not unfriendly. "Willing to do a little more, I might know where another shard and two full plates are at. Just got to find those puppies, first."
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
new dialect
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 2:47:09 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]

"Welcome to the club. Don't worry, he's probably gonna forgive you."
[break][break]
It's been a while since the last time she heard, well, anyone use 's name. It's easy to get her to reminisce just through that, but not for long, not enough for her focus to pull away from the formerly-dead Chu-e.
[break][break]
"A peace offering?"
[break][break]
Interesting.
[break][break]
"As in, between Rocket and I? Or you and I?" She could agree to one. She would probably lie about agreeing to the other. "A favour... Colour me intrigued."
[break][break]
"There's not a lot you can ask for and I'll say no to with that offer, Chu-e. Choose wisely, hrm?"

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,598 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
new dialect
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 3:18:47 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"You and me." Is answered smoothly. "I'm not a bigwig anymore. Just your average sickly twink." What happened between and Rocket wasn't his job to care about anymore.

He slides his hand into a pocket on his dress. Chu-e makes sure Katherine can see it clearly; don't want to take her by surprise. Even if they weren't at each other's throats, he wasn't a fool to think this wasn't a tightrope walk between the two of them. His piece of the Draco plate is placed on the table. This one, he keeps his hand over.

"I want two favors. One of them we can talk about today. You agree, you can have this plate, too."

A cock of the head.

"The other is... bigger. I still need time to plan some shit before I let you see my hand. You're cool with that one, you can have both plates and the other shard." The plate is tapped. "This is all personal. Anyone else gets involved in this is a favor to me, nothing to do with Rocket."
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
new dialect
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 3:29:40 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]

It's hard to miss, and although she does keep her hand on the trigger (not literally), she doesn't press it. Something tells her that it isn't a gun that Chu-e was retrieving, and her guess proves to be correct.
[break][break]
Another shard.
[break][break]
"You had me at you can have this plate," she admits, smiling again. "I'm kidding. I can't promise you something without knowing what you're asking for exactly," it wouldn't be fair. And if there's one thing that Katherine believes in is that you don't bite the hand that feeds you.
[break][break]
Especially not while it's feeding you.
[break][break]
"But, as long as it doesn't involve Rocket, I'm inclined to believe I won't have a reason to say no. So-- what is it?"
[break][break]
It's wild to think that she is almost more interested in what Chu-e is about to ask for than the plate itself, but you can't blame a girl for getting her priorities mixed when talking to a dead man, can you?

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,598 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
new dialect
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 3:47:12 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e has to mull over how to answer. Didn't want to let too much slip.

"You know how I died?" Is what he finally comes up with. Either way, he presses on. He images has some idea on the matter. If she didn't he would be more than surprised. " is what a lot of people say. But, him or anyone else tell you why we were fighting in the first place?"

At this, Chu-e lowers his voice. His gaze darkens, hardens, and Katherine might see the hard cut of something shining in his throat when he talks. Something barely contained.

"I have a kid. He kidnapped her and locked her in his fuckin' basement." Disgust colored his words, hot and livid. "He was trying to take her again. I did what I had to do to stop him." The interest the other man had in his daughter was almost perverse. Who kept coming after a child like that? Even if she was in Rocket. Chu-e was evil but at least he had lines he refused to cross, even in his altered state.

"I'm not asking you to hunt him down or slice the fucker's cock off, but you have eyes and ears in the League like I can never have. Do what you can to keep that rancid bastard away from my little girl. That's all I want for this." The second shard was tapped and his hand removed. For Katherine to take if she accepted his terms.

Maybe it would keep a little safer as she tried to live her life.
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
new dialect
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 22:24:50 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]

Oh.
[break][break]
Part of her expects something very different. She's mentally prepared herself for Chu-e to list several people from the League that she'd need to take care of if she wanted to acquire the second plate.
[break][break]
So naturally, this was a welcomed surprise.
[break][break]
"I knew he was involved, but... I had no idea it had something to do with your kid. Well, frankly, I had no idea you have a kid." It startles her, almost, if only because the subject of mini-humans soured her mood more often than not. Nevertheless, she can understand why Chu-e was upset.
[break][break]
Kidnapping a child was low, even by Katherine's standards.
[break][break]
"Honestly, I don't know him very well, but if I had to guess... He probably just thought he was doing the right thing. He's the type who seeks validation through doing what he believes people want him to do," not that it excuses any of this, but still. "You know, the whole Rocket versus the League thing runs deep for some people," not her, though, if this meeting was anything to judge by.
[break][break]
They are and will always be a means to an end, as was Team Rocket.
[break][break]
"But anyways, yeah. I can do that. I can keep him away from her, but," as a show of good faith, she chooses not to lie to Chu-e. He'd earned that much from her. "I cannot promise you that I'll always be able to keep her safe from the League, Chu-e. Not with your guys' actions recently. If she stays out of the battlefield, then yes, I'm sure no one will go after child... But the next time something like Sootopolis happens, who's to say she won't be caught in the crossfire?"
[break][break]
She suspects he wouldn't want to hear that, but she has to ensure that he knows.
[break][break]
"I can, and I will keep Matias away from her, but I will not be able to keep an eye on every opportunistic member of the League. Some of them would kill for the opportunity to capture a child for a promotion or some merit."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,598 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
new dialect
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 22:16:46 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"He hurt her." Chu-e thinks of the slash over her eye. Evil was evil regardless of what side it claimed to be on. He just wasn't such a fool to lie to himself about it.

brings up good points but Chu-e just waves them off. Nothing he hadn't heard or worried about before. If anything, her warning only served as kindling for the fire of his hatred for the League. At least Rocket didn't act like they were above base nature.

"I've talked with her about it. Believe it or not, I would prefer she not be involved with Rocket." The long suffering sigh of a father. It was an old argument between them. "I'd rather know where she plans to be than her end up like that one kid who wandered onto the warzone." There also just wasn't keeping out of trouble. Sadly, she was much too chaotic. Like father, like daughter.

"Here's what she looks like." Pulling out a phone, Chu-e pulls up a picture. A classic. Eris is on his couch, curled up under a blanket. She's half laying on Reiner, the Luxray curled around her and snoozing as well. A Skitty is on her lap. "Her name is Eris." After Katherine gets a good look, he flips to another picture. A phone number is written out.

"Use that if you need me."
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
new dialect
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 21:38:39 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]

"You are playing with fire allowing her to stay," Katherine warns a final time. "But I have no business telling you how to parent someone," or anyone else, for that matter. She despised kids and couldn't dream of raising one herself.
[break][break]
Maybe one day in the future, though.
[break][break]
The photo is examined briefly before the phone number is revealed; then, Katherine retrieves her phone to add the number and save it as a contact. It still felt very surreal to talk with a dead man, let alone agree to work with him, considering their past.
[break][break]
"Okay. Done and done."

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,598 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
new dialect
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 13:21:31 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
There is a nod. Chu-e agrees with on that end. Yet, there wasn't much he could do about it now. He wasn't anyone important in Rocket anymore. Just a sickly man with parasite problems at this point.

The phone is tucked back away. Picking up his drink, Chu-e makes to stand.

"Thanks for the chat. I need to go feed my cats."

A small wink and mock salute.

"Be careful out there. Shit is crazy."

With that final well wish, Chu-e turns to depart. His heels clack on the stone as he walks off.