4,378 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
common criminals
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2022 2:04:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
these days, lulu rarely ventured out into the public world. simple chores like getting food, or everyday supplies were typically completed by pokémon like alakazam and gardevoir. even never sleeping a wink, the scientist did not have time to trouble herself with such mundane tasks.

today, however, all her capable pokémon had been assigned to other responsibilities. on top of it, she decided she needed a break. she wound up in a bar in slateport, and after a couple of willfully lonely drinks, she’d walked down the street to a corner mart gas station to get a pack of cigarettes, blonde wig bouncing on her way in.

she was four people back in the line. she didn’t yet know about the gun in the pocket of the person two people ahead of her.
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
Homie better put your pride aside I’m a Benz and you’re more like a Volvo
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
common criminals
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2022 5:42:50 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

Matt was shopping for groceries for him and Nico. Shuffling as he awkwardly carried the items in his hands. Why had he not got a cart or a basket? Man was too stubborn for his own good. Sighing as he shuffled more, balancing some toilet paper on top of some granola bars. It wasn't until the person in front of him had stepped back and sent him stumbling backwards.

Right into poor Lulu.

Panicking, Matt tried to catch himself but he only managed to trip over his own two feet. Causing the items in his hands to go flying, and him right to his face at Lulu's feet. A TP landed right on top of his head, giving a quiet little plop of a noise. Huffing, he only laid there for a minute. "If I don't get up, I can act like this never happened..." He muttered to himself. Little did he know about the drama that was going to unfold.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,378 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
common criminals
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 7:54:01 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
poor lulu was not a common phrase. poor matt, maybe, for finding himself fallen at her heel. she looked down at him, not moving to help; however, in an extremely rare moment, there was some modicum of compassion in the way she asked him, ”are you alright?”

without more than a second to answer, there was a scream right ahead. the person with the gun was now facing the clerk. their weapon shook in their hand, not yet pointed.

”open the register.” it sounded hollow. weak.

lulu’s attention snapped ahead, and, noting the lack of confidence in the robber, quickly descended upon him.

”oh, please.” 

she lunged for the gun. 

the man swiveled and shot with a loud bang.

lulu looked down, shocked to find blood running into her shirt from where the bullet had grazed her shoulder on its way past. 

”stay back,” he ordered.

and just like that, she was in a stalemate.

her hand itched for a pokéball, but she wasn’t yet reaching for it. she glanced down, wondering if the guy who’d fallen behind her was still on the floor.
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
common criminals
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 23:35:09 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

Matt heard the question, scowling to himself. So someone did see him. Just ignore it, lay there, maybe they'll go away. Well, she did. What came next had Matt being slammed into his fight or flight reaction.

Boom.

Shattering glass as the bullet hit the window behind them. Matt shoved himself up on pure adrenaline, going to blindside the shooter since he was distracted with Lulu. Grabbing the man by the wrist, he wrestled the gun in his hands. Back and fourth they went, the gun pointed at Matt's face, jerking it narrowly out of the way as the gun shot off again. It skidded across his cheek and ear- making him yelp and stumble back.

His right ear was ringing, unable to tell the difference in where sounds were right now. Stumbling back as he tried to shield himself behind something, so he could regain his senses.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,378 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
common criminals
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 4:11:05 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
though in shock, she was also in the middle of an adrenaline rush now. she took the moment to grab the pokéball she’d been slowly reaching for and release an alakazam, just as the second bang fired off. as matt ducked for cover, the gun in the robber’s hand began to glow a pink-purple energy. alakazam’s psychic lifted it into the air, easily disarming him.

while the man was now relatively harmless, lulu was angry and in survival mode. she didn’t think about it. she took the moment to pull her fist back and then send it into the man’s face, causing him to stumble into a bunch of candy.

”idiot.”

she looked over, seeing more blood. when a kick came towards her, her alakazam was quick to react again. this time, its psychic dragged him away down some of the length of the store and into a display.
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
common criminals
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 20:53:36 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

Not hearing the guy rushing him, it meant he must have focused on someone else. Shit- he went to move. Only to see the robber being dragged by a inviable hand. Pausing at the sight, he turned to spot the psychic-type. Ah, that made sense now. Grunting, he rubbed his bleeding cheek. Fuck, that was going to leave a scar that would notice..

Turning to finally look at Lulu, he went to approach her. "Sorry ma'am, are you alright?" Eyes downcast to her shoulder, his face paling as he shook his head. "Here, allow me to help? I can take you to the hospital- or bandage you up while the paramedics get here?" Already thinking far into the future and in overdrive.

"Oh... right, I'm Matt."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,378 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
common criminals
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 4:29:41 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
her heart pounded as she stared at the man on the floor, now a good distance away, as she considered how close it had been. she heard the gun fall nearby with a clatter, out of her alakazam’s psychic grasp. though she didn’t hear sirens yet, it would surely be any second.

she felt lightheaded, though, and stood there longer, holding her shoulder with a pained glare until she turned towards him. the other person who’d been shot.

”i’m fine.” not really, but it could’ve been worse. him, though? the hand under her good shoulder touched her cheek. ”your face…”

but she did need help, which became increasingly obvious to her as the moments passed, and blood drenched her hand. of course, it had been the day she hadn’t brought her gardevoir with her.

”okay,” she hissed with a nod, ”think i’ll take you up on that.” though what specifically went unsaid. there was no name given back, either, but maybe she was just in shock.
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
common criminals
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 18:37:54 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

Today was going to be one hell of a day. An explanation to his boyfriend later, a trip to the hospital, all this kind of sucked if he was being honest with himself. Alas, the groceries could wait, he had a injured lady to assist! At least that shoved the stinging pain if his face disappear and the ringing in his ear.

"It's just a scratch." He said, shrugging. He was super lucky it didn't go through his head. With a grunt, he looked at the clerk- who was on the phone. Assuming 911, he was soo confirmed as the sirens were going off. "Well, we can go by my arcanine and get there quickly, or we can take the more stable ambulance that's going to get here."

A pause as he turned to look back where the robber had been dragged. "Have half the mind to beat that man..." It was a very strong urge, he wouldn't lie.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,378 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
common criminals
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 13:07:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
just a scratch.

her stare, narrowed with pain, was accompanied by the smallest curl of a smirk. tough guy. the curl in her lips dropped away again at his suggestions, however.

“no. not the hospital.” she didn’t really care at the moment how suspicious it seemed, and didn’t have the mind to clarify that it was simply because she hated hospitals—not that she actually did. it it just wouldn’t been a good cover, of course.

she winced, gritting teeth as she held her hand up near her shoulder. ”you said you could bandage it?”

with her alakazam, she’d easily be able to teleport to the submarine’s infirmary, but the need for attention was immediate, as evident by the blood dripping onto the floor.

her eyes went to the man on the floor.

”you and me both.”
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
common criminals
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 6:31:15 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

That got a brow raise. It made him question why she did not want to go to the hospital, but if that's what she wanted, he would do so. "Yeah, picked it up raisin' seven hoodlums." That information could have meant anything. Without a care, he walked over and grabbed some bandages off the shelf. Pulling it apart, he also grabbed some alcohol.

Looking around, he had to find something she could bite on. Opting to hand her some beef jerky of all things from a shelf. Pausing as he did that, that... probably wasn't the smartest thing to pick. Eh, whatever.

"Alright, move your shirt for me, it's gonna sting like a bitch so you can bite on the jerky or punch me, whichever you find best."

The last option may have been a joke but she could if she wanted. "After I get it cleaned I'll wrap the bandage under your arm to secure it, so I'll need as much room as possible."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,378 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
common criminals
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 14:08:02 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
”oh, good.”

he looked very young to have seven kids of his own, but neither that fact, nor the potential plight of his situation occurred to lulu in that moment.

she liked jerky. nonetheless, her head shook to deny his offering. maybe it was a bad idea. maybe she was a hard ass.

”it’ll be fine. just do it, please.”

her other hand went to stretch the neckline of her darkened shirt down over her shoulder. her face wrenched as she did so.

once her shoulder was cleaned, he might notice the other small, circular scar beneath the wound where a different bullet had once gone through. some people won the lottery, others got struck twice by lightening—but she had reached for it this time.

through a slightly ragged breath, she asked, ”what’s your name?”
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
common criminals
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 16:42:44 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar

Matt tried to be quick about cleaning her wounds. For obvious reasons he did not want to be rude, but he did catch a look at that other wound. Damn, she been through the ringer, huh? Not his business, don't be nosey, Matt.

"Matt." He said, looking over the bandaging one last time before he deemed it good enough to hold. "You should get that looked at when you can." A meek suggestion, maybe she just hated hospitals or something. "You a ranger or something? Never heard of someone just trying to snatch a gun, pretty ballsy."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,378 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
common criminals
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 0:54:21 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
matt. a soft spot for rangers grew again, having nearly been forgotten since her days knowing . they weren’t as bad the rest, she decided.

”i will.” she hissed again. ”i have a… preferred doctor.” , specifically. none of the back-alley shit she’d woken up in last time, in her early days in rocket, as convenient as it had been when necessary.

at matt’s question, she shook her head, ”a ranger?” a sharp huff was the closest she could get to a laugh. ”not quite.”

the sirens were growing closer, and the man who’d been dragged across the store was coming to. the alakazam slammed him back with one more psychic, before looking towards its trainer.

”it’s about time to go for me.”

through her grimace was a small smile.

”thanks for fixing me up, matt. i owe you one.”