TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
BORDERED
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 3:36:36 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Shades, we evolving BONGO! Thank you free EVO! BINGO!
Years of rust reared their ugly head, as any progress he had before stagnated. Ashley was never a great Trainer. It was never his drive, nor his motivation. Other people got to have that when they grew up, a privilege not afforded to him. He only wanted to survive. He was cursed from the start.

Hearing Bongo cry out though, that did a number on the young man. His eyes fixated on the little chimp, his heart going out to him.

Even so, he kept an eye on the battle.

But unfortunately for Ashley, Bongo had hit the sand, the second X-Scissor neither guarded nor foreseen. The chimp was seemingly out cold... Ash's silver eyes coldly pulled back to the field. He didn't pay attention. Theo was crushing him.

Another Pokeball out. The Nidorino rushed outwards, and Ashley pointed to the Ingrained Lurantis. "Lace the field with toxic spikes." He was growing colder, his tone enough to have the quadraped turn back... but he did as his trainer desired. The beach, laced with his spikes he shot out, the TOXIC SPIKES all over the field, landmines ready to be triggered. Depending on how Theo moved, Ashley would find a counter strategy.

Bongo was out. But he wasn't done. Not yet... in fact, Bongo had already begun to glow. His little chimp body pulling himself up from the sands, as he starts growing taller, breaking his stick into two, drumsticks beating the sand as he jumps in place and prepares to roll out. The Grookey was becoming a Thwackey. And he was bouta play Bop-It on a mantis.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#00BFFF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,381 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
BORDERED
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 9:54:35 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","deadinside"]
[attr="class","top"]

the scales tilt towards ashley as another pokemon joins the fray. still, the scales remain in theo's favor. years of experience have earned him the advantage.[break][break]

the TOXIC SPIKES is met with a brief look before lurantis slashes forward to send a PETAL BLIZZARD barreling along. it sweeps up anything in its path, carrying TOXIC SPIKES away to clear the battlefield temporarily.[break][break]

with the TOXIC SPIKES hanging in the air, lurantis leaps in to throw its X-SCISSOR at the now evolved thwackey.[break][break]

"you can send out another if you wish."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]
mission![break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-lurantis color-shiny"]

[newclass=".deadinside"]--accent:#d5d5d5; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
BORDERED
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 6:08:08 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
It's not enough. Bongo, taller with two sticks, is able to block the X-Scissor, but the sheer force behind the Lurantis pushes Bongo back. And of course, Reinhardt's Toxic Spikes were rendered virtually useless by a Petal Blizzard, leaving a bead of sweat trickling down Ash's face.

"Your funeral." Pulling out not another Pokeball, but his phone. Tossing it up and out, Pulse transforms the phone, the Rotom opening up and preparing to strike. "Pulse, keep to the sky, and Electro Ball to the sand, throw as much sand up as you can. Reinhardt, look for an opening and strike the mantis with your horn. Bongo-"

He doesn't look back to the monkey, Bongo beating his chest like a gorilla already, as he looks forward towards the Lurantis. Pulse is preparing the ELECTRO BALL, and Reinhardt is prepping the HORN ATTACK

"Taunt it. Make sure it can't hear Reinhardt coming." And Bongo does as he does best, by continuing to beat his chest, releasing a TAUNT. He may be bruised, he may be bloodied, but Bongo wasn't going down without a fight.

He was rusty. He wasn't trained. Theo was still having the advantage. But he'd make sure it was a hell of a fight. "You gonna start taking me seriously, or continue to fight with just one?"

... huh. Maybe Theo did rub off on him. He would never admit that though.

[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#00BFFF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,381 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
BORDERED
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 10:56:47 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

TAUNT takes its effects but it's not going to make a big difference. it just forces lurantis into offense which is what it has been doing.[break][break]

"i am serious."[break][break]

one against three seems like a favorable matchup for lurantis, seeing how ashley's pokemon aren't the most battle-ready.[break][break]

thwackey is met with more X-SCISSORS that look to cut down the monkey.

mission![break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-lurantis color-shiny"]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".deadinside .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
BORDERED
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 20:19:01 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
It... it was in an instant. As the Taunt comes through, Pulse' Electro Ball hits the sandy beach, causing its blast of sand to throw everywhere. Reinhardt was attempting to find its target, but its HORN ATTACK was met moments too late.

In fact, as Bongo continues to beat his chest, he doesn't even see the X-Scissor coming. The moment that it comes for him, the monkey cannot bring the drumsticks up to defend himself. So he does the only other choice, throws his now-elongated arms in front of him.

The strike throws and tumbles Bongo through the sand, leaving the ape's pained eyes as a showing of incapacitation.

Ash feels it in his blood. It's... exhilirating. He eyes Theo with a quiet confidence. Reinhardt goes for the Horn Attack, aimed towards the small of the Lurantis' back, while Pulse moves to defend Bongo, moving between the monkey and the mantis.

But his Pokemon weren't battle-ready. In fact... Reinhardt was probably the most ready of the three, as Pulse was already tired from conjuring the electro ball. It wouldn't be hard to take them down.

[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#DC143C; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,381 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
BORDERED
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 9:12:05 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

no, it would not be hard at all.[break][break]

the HORN ATTACK would've easily connected but this battle isn't fair. theo hadn't deceived the kid but he isn't entirely honest either.[break][break]

from the shadows comes his banette, fading in only to intercept the HORN ATTACK which does nothing against the ghost-type. it turns, giggles, then wraps a PSYCHIC around the nido before flinging it back.[break][break]

lurantis' PETAL BLIZZARD billows once again, this time aimed at both the rotom and monkey.

mission![break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-lurantis color-shiny"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-banette"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
BORDERED
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 6:38:22 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Theo hadn't lied. He took Ashley seriously from the get-go, and had he no so blindly jumped to challenge Theo, he might have been able to see it coming. Of course this was cheated from the start. Ashley's face contorts in panic. There was a second on the field the whole time. Bite his bottom lip, he scowls. Bongo was out cold. But Reinhardt was up against a Banette. Pulse was against the Lurantis.

It only got worse when he realizes, quickly enough, the situation he's in. If Pulse moves, Bongo goes from just being unconscious and battered, to needing a Pokemon Center. And Reinhardt is busy already.

His hands fall to his side.

The horror of this reality finally hits him.

He lost before the fight even began. Silver hair covering his face in shame. Pulse takes the Petal Blizzard, using SHOCK WAVE in an attempt to collect the petals, but it's too late. But, with as many as there were, Pulse hits the sand, sliding towards Bongo. Reinhardt though? It flings the Nidorino backwards, as he glides over the sand. He's not out, no chance no way, but the Nidorino gets up on shaky legs to prepare to fight two foes at once.

Ash didn't make a single command. He just shot himself in the foot. He was stupid. CARELESS. And now he let the bastard win again. He let him win, and there was no chance at victory.

Reinhardt takes one step back. The quadruped looks to Ashley, and smiles. Ash's silvers open a little wider. He nods back with his own smile to the Nidorino.

"I concede."

He puts his hands into his pocket. "You win. Reinhardt. Back to me." It was over. But just in case... he prepared to take a strike from a Pokemon by running to the aid. If Ash had anything left now, it was pride and resolve.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,381 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
BORDERED
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 9:50:28 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

where the theo ashley is familiar with during his time in kanto would've ignored the call for mercy, this theo gives it. his tongue clicks which stops his pokemon, recalling them back to his side.[break][break]

the battle is over. ashley has lost. and now? the wager.[break][break]

"we're done here."[break][break]

he takes a step away, once again showing mercy—kindness, really—as he forgoes the wager. ashley will remain a free man because the last thing theo wants is another soul bound to this organization.

mission![break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-lurantis color-shiny"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-banette"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
BORDERED
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 2:37:50 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Wait.

It was over. Theo was walking away. Mercy. Years prior, Ash would have found himself punished. Mercy would have been removed from the equation. He was almost expecting Theo to pull out a firearm and end him. Ashley's face is matted in sweat, and then...

Nothing.

Theo walks away. With it, came freedom. The bindings to the soul removed from his hands. His silver eyes look to his wrists. His pride shattered. The shackles are still there. Even though he knew Theo was letting him walk, he still felt trapped. His pride kept him bound. No. That wasn't right.

It was Ash's guilt that made him a prisoner to his own resolve.

"No. We're not." Ash stares at the ocean. He doesn't turn to Theo. "Our deal was in the case of my loss, I would come back. I won't back down on conviction." He takes a breath in, and just says it plainly. "You believe in a hell, we're all probably going there. The people I killed aren't coming back. The ones you killed and damned aren't either."

He returns Bongo, Reinhardt, and Pulse. He still remains, eyes to the sea. "Might as well set ablaze. Beats killing myself slowly trying to find empty redemption." His eyes narrow, his resolve rekindling itself.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,381 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
BORDERED
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 16:51:12 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

light footsteps falter. he stops, head turning back but never finding ashley's gaze.[break][break]

"don't you understand?"[break][break]

he looks out at the ocean as well.[break][break]

"i don't want you back. be free and try and make something out of your life. there's nothing for you in rocket."

mission![break]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
BORDERED
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 17:28:21 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Initially, Ashley would have been taken aback by that mercy. Not now. Theo grew softer. Considering the shit he had done, yeah, probably good. Too little too late though. His mind is made up, and as he chuckles, he remarks. "Tried that already. Been here since I left. But it hasn't helped fix it. Sides. nearly killed me the other day. Blame him."

He turns his head only slightly towards Theo. He doesn't look at him.

"Stop trying to act like a half-decent father now. This is how life is." Mistakes come back to haunt the ones who make them. But he knew that.

He turns on his own heel and begins to walk away, silver eyes changed in how they shine. Colder. More cynical. They lost their luster.

"Later." He was already walking, hands in his pockets. He was a Rocket. He never left. He just didn't have the spine to be one before. That was over now.

The dome was symbolic. It was a trap. A means to keep him trapped. In all actuality, he never answered Theo's question. A year ago, he might have thought it was a great idea, being a barrier between him and Rocket. Now, he didn't care. It was all cancer. Every bit, every inch. The League couldn't put them down, and they failed everywhere else to boot. There were some good ones. Officer , , , , and come to mind. Good people. But it didn't matter. None of them could put Rocket in the ground. This dome was a trap, and the perfect storm led him here.

Die old. Or go out in a blaze.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,381 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
BORDERED
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 9:01:28 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

it seems ashley's mind has been made up, then. even if theo is to stop him from joining now, to turn and walk away without another word, he is certain ashley will find another way in.[break][break]

the situation is oddly familiar with his own. theo had once walked away at the end of silas' reign only to return two years after. he's changed since then, but not enough to finally be free.[break][break]

it's a sad sight to see.

mission![break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
BORDERED
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2022 2:14:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: