TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
Ignition [m]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 13:39:46 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marshallpost"]
[attr="class","marshallposttext"]

Splashfest had finally ended. Marshall had expected to have fun with friends and make some new ones, but he had not expected what had actually transpired. Specifically, he had not expected to meet a beautiful woman and immediately develop a liking for her. He felt like a teenager again. He had even searched the Internet for "what kind of flowers do girls like?" as if the opinions of anonymous strangers would help him at all.[break][break]

Eventually, Marshall's search did bring him to the Instagram page of a flower shop outside Petalburg City called Fiorelli Floristry. He remembered that had grown up in Petalburg, so perhaps the flowers sold at the shop would remind her of home.[break][break]

With a fresh sense of determination, he found a free afternoon in his schedule, hopped on his touring motorcycle, and wound his way from Mauville to Petalburg. After a brief stop in a café for a mid-afternoon snack, he carefully maneuvered the cobblestone paths leading to the flower shop.[break][break]

Marshall parked in front of the white cottage, killed the engine, and took off his helmet. For a moment, he simply sat on his bike, amazed at the fairytale image that stood before him. He had seen photos of it on the Instagram page, so he'd known what to expect, but it was a different experience entirely to see it in real life.[break][break]

"Wow," he said aloud to no one in particular.[break][break]

Then, remembering the reason for his visit, Marshall dismounted from his motorcycle, leaving his helmet on the seat. He strode purposefully toward the front door and entered.

[break]

[attr="class","marshallpostooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ Mission: Putting on a Front[break]
+ Marshall's Outfit

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.marshallpost]--accent:#D45A40;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marshallpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallposttext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallposttext a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallposttext i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallposttext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostooc b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostooc i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Ignition [m]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 17:33:03 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Ever busy with her increasingly full schedule of Boss Lady things, the boss lady was out, which meant Cyg was left to work the counter. After doing a round of checks, making sure all the displays were in order and nothing looked too dead, yet, she went back to the front desk and set up on the little stool behind the register.

Scattered across the counter were sketches of motorcycles, different body styles, and colors; some were heavily crossed out in Sharpie, some so annotated with nonsensical shorthand that they may as well have been crossed out.

She was so in the zone that she didn’t hear the noise of ’s bike, which certainly would have made her ears perk. Not that she was super into motorcycles before, mind you-- but she was building one for Isaac, and it was actually super fucking fun. She might even make it a thing.

The bell went ding which meant someone had entered the shop and Cyg had a job to do, so she put down her pencil and crushed all the papers together, hiding them under the register.

“Welcome to Fiorelli Florestry,”
she announced, fixing her customer service smile on her face (a job made easier because she was always proud to work here) “Is there anything I can help you find or are you just browsing?”

A motion to her side announced her Roserade, Shay, had returned from where she’d been pruning magenta dianthus to add to a bouquet. With the bundle of flowers in hand, she paused to see if she could be of any assistance.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
i like the feel of gettin' dirty / i like the feel of high octane
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
Ignition [m]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 23:43:58 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

The woman behind the register was the only other human in the flower shop, though Marshall noticed the Roserade tending to bouquets nearby. He flashed the Pokémon a smile first, then turned it toward the person who'd greeted him.[break][break]

"Hey, uh, I saw your photos on Instagram," he started, absently removing his riding gloves and stuffing them into a back pocket of his pants. "Do you do mail delivery of bouquets? I'm looking to get something for a… a friend."[break][break]

His smile turned sheepish. It would have been a lie to call Lia more than that; after all, he hadn't even asked her out. He was still figuring out that plan.[break][break]

"I read online that different flowers can mean different things, but there's so much conflicting info out there, so I thought I'd come over and just ask an expert."

[break]

[break]

NOTES

+ Marshall's Outfit

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.marshallpost]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallposttext b"]color:var(--accent);font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallposttext a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallposttext u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostooc a"]font:12px Roboto;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostooc h1"]font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostooc u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Ignition [m]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 18:12:56 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Oh, yeah, the Instagram, the Instagram for , the Instagram she’d made specifically to help Elisabeth, Elisa’s Instagram. “Oh, neat,” Cyg said, feeling another burst of pride, “glad to know it actually reaches people.” Elisa was a goddess at most everything but technology, god bless her, was not her sphere.

“So usually we do personal delivery, and by that, I mean me delivery, because I’m also the delivery girl.” She reached under the desk for the book of paper and card samples. She didn’t press him about the ‘friend’ bit because she immediately thought of Isaac and been there, done that, the difference being she worked in a flower shop, so he brought her baked goods and explosives.

She did, however, laugh a little bit at expert. “Well, I’m not quite as knowledgable as my boss, but I can help with the general gist of things. What are you trying to say? Do you know what colors she likes?” Cyg set the little binder of tissue paper and greeting card samples on the counter, and spun it towards him. “Then there’s, like, different styles. Like a traditional bouquet wrapped in paper, or in a vase. We also do boutonnières and corsages, gift baskets, baked goods…”

Opening the cover of the sample binder caused a few of her stupid motorcycle sketches to fall out. She frowned and pushed them to the side. They must’ve gotten accidentally slipped in here when she was cleaning them up.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
Ignition [m]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 12:50:41 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

When the woman set down the binder of paper and card samples in front of him, Marshall's eyes widened at how many options were available. How was he going to narrow this down? He didn't even know what colors she liked.[break][break]

"Um, okay, wow." He felt like an idiot. "Well, to start off, I wanna tell her that…" Oh Arceus, had he even given this a single thought? No. The answer was 'no'. "That I like her a lot and I hope to see her again soon. As for colors, uhh…"[break][break]

Marshall ran a nervous hand through his hair, trying to remember if Lia had worn any specific colors during the two times they'd hung out. His eyes roamed the counter as if it held answers, then caught upon the papers the woman had pushed aside.[break][break]

They were not sketches of flowers.[break][break]

"Whoawhoawhoa, did you draw these?" Marshall asked, snatching one up. Though he noticed many of the diagrams were annotated, he skipped over the writing, instead taking in the very detailed and accurate renditions of different motorcycles. "They're really good! Do you ride, too? Wait, duh, of course — for the deliveries."

[break]

[break]

NOTES

+ Marshall's Outfit

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Ignition [m]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 17:11:45 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg smiled knowingly. Marshall was far from the first guy to walk in here wanting flowers and having absolutely no idea what he wanted. “Hey, at least you’re not trying to say I’m sorry,” she cheered, “because we get that a lot.”

Spinning a pad of paper towards her, she grabbed a pen and started writing notes-- chrysanthemums, then a question mark, because in Alto Mare those were funeral flowers, then iris-- purple, bachelor’s button-- she double circled this one-- forget-me-nots, snowdrops.

She almost didn’t notice he’d grabbed one of her sketches. “Oh, yeah, I--,” she jotted down a few more notes as her face turned red, “--I don’t ride a ton, but my boyfriend does.” That felt really good to say. “But his bike is atrociously ugly so I’m building him a new one. Or, attempting to.”

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
Ignition [m]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 10:57:54 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

"Wait, seriously?" Marshall blinked at her, incredulous — not because he didn't believe her, but because he didn't believe the sheer coincidence that he'd meet someone else who tinkered with motorcycles while on an errand to buy flowers.[break][break]

Excitement shoved away his feelings of nervousness and embarrassment. He jabbed a finger at the designs. "Have you started already? Do you have it around here? I'd love to see it! I do some modifications on my bikes too, but I've never made one from scratch before. Have you thought about buying a chassis and modifying it with parts, or are you like, welding that shit yourself? I'm guessing you haven't taken apart his old bike since he's probably using it?"[break][break]

As Marshall's gaze fell back down to all the papers scattered across the counter, he remembered his true purpose for being at the shop.[break][break]

"Oh, shit, right. Flowers. Um, I think Lia likes peach blossoms, so… pink?"

[break]

[break]

NOTES

+ Marshall's Outfit

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Ignition [m]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 4:19:00 GMT
ana fell Avatar
She grinned at him, and for every question he fired at her, it grew.

“Yeah, I’ve got the motor, eh, mostly done. The body is where I’m getting stuck. I can’t decide if I want to do something completely new or retrofit an old chassis.” He did bring up a good point, with using the Hunka Junka Death Machine as a parts repository. “Unfortunately, yes. That thing is a nightmare. The entire engine block is exposed, it’s--.”

She shook her head. “Flowers! Flowers for your girl. Let’s do that first. We can be gearheads later.” She wrote pink in capital letters and circled it. “Do you want a bouquet in paper, or do you want them in a vase?”

Shay, who had been listening to their conversation, suddenly started flitting about the shop, selecting the correct buds in the proper hues.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
Ignition [m]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 16:20:24 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

For once, Marshall gave the query some serious thought. "With a vase is better, I think," he said eventually. "That way she can put it on her desk. It will be going to her work address, and I don't know if they have spare vases there. But, well, they might…" He was rambling again. Shaking his head, he confirmed his choice: "A vase, please. I'm guessing that costs extra?"[break][break]

As he pulled out his wallet, he watched the woman's Roserade gather an assortment of flowers from around the shop. A soft smile curled his lips. She seemed like such a hardworking Pokémon. It was admirable to see her help her trainer like that.[break][break]

Marshall turned back to the task at hand and put a scrap of notebook paper onto the counter. "This is her work address, and her name's ."

[break]

[break]

NOTES

+ Marshall's Outfit

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Ignition [m]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 19:45:00 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg made a face at him, halfway between apologetic and understanding. “Unless she works in a vase store I would not bet on there being extra vases,” she said.

She gestured Marshall over to a special shelf just kitty-corner to the front desk, displaying different styles of vases and glassware. “Oh, my sweet summer child. Everything costs extra.”

There were a number of variations, from clear glass to colored glass, square, round, and oval; silvery run through with gold streaks like kintsugi; solid colored ones in various hues, from pink to purple to mauve to lavender.

“See anything that catches your eye?”

Shay popped towards the back of the shop where the arranging station was, arms full of pink irises, carnations, dahlias; anything in a rosy shade that was irregular shaped, interspersed with bright magenta buckwheat, baby’s breath, and fuzzy willow shoots. With her nurturing touch, the snippings would not wilt.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
Ignition [m]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 23:27:55 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

The array of choices on the display shelves was almost overwhelming, but Marshall found his eyes kept wandering to a beautiful vase of white ceramic with gold running through it. Its colors and the simple beauty reminded him of Lia.[break][break]

“This one,” he said decisively, removing it from the shelf. He brought it over to the arranging station, holding it carefully — almost reverently — in his hands.[break][break]

After handing over the vase, Marshall asked, “If your boyfriend doesn’t mind, could I see his bike? And maybe we could talk over your ideas? I don’t wanna take up your time when you’re on the clock, but it’d be cool to talk shop with someone else.”[break][break]

He grinned at her, hopeful.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

+ Marshall's Outfit

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Ignition [m]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 20:25:46 GMT
ana fell Avatar
“Great choice,” Cyg said, flashing him a thumbs up. She took the carefully offered vase from his hands and placed it equally as gently on the tabletop, twisting it slightly this way and that. Shay sets the bundles of flowers on the table as Cyg grabs a nearby watering can (there’s, like, a trillion, scattered all around the place) and pours a few inches of water into the vase.

She gives Marshall a warm smile as she carefully selects two stems of pink irises and sets them in the face. “I’m a hundred percent positive he would love to show it to you. He loves that thing.” Her voice is full of endearment even as she’s rolling her eyes, fluffing the iris petals with gentle touches and selecting a willow branch to intersperse between the shocks of baby pink. “And I must sound really snooty. It isn’t that bad. Just because it isn’t aesthetically pleasing to me and it is beyond unsafe doesn’t mean it’s a bad bike.”

She sounds like she’s talking herself down from the ledge. In go some pink roses. Shay coaxes one to bloom a little more.

Unbeknownst to all parties involved, the poor bike was already in the process of dying. R.I.P Hunka Junka, you were a real one,

Meanwhile, Cyg pulls out her phone and opens a contact page, sliding it across the table to Marshall. “Yeah, I’d love to. We can even set up a time for you to swing by the garage. It’s just a rental, nothing fancy, but it’ll be cool to nerd out with someone for a while.” She lets Shay place some of the flowers as she goes hunting for a spool of ribbon to tie around the middle of the vase.

“Did you want this to come from you or anonymously?” she asked, digging out a FIORELLI FLORISTRY card to stick in the middle of the arrangement.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
Ignition [m]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 0:41:21 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

"Beyond unsafe"? Marshall frowned at the admission, but the beautiful bouquet taking shape distracted him from whatever serious comment he was about to make. He imagined the vase with its pink flowers sitting on Lia's desk in her office (he assumed she had an office) and the smile on her face whenever she looked upon it. The mental image was enough to cause him to smile, too, with satisfaction and excitement.[break][break]

"You can put my name on it," he told the woman as he picked up her phone to enter his contact information. "It's Marshall."[break][break]

He quickly tapped in his name and phone number and slid the phone back, along with his own phone opened at the New Contact screen.[break][break]

"How long does the delivery take?"

[break]

[break]

NOTES

+ Marshall's Outfit

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Ignition [m]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 18:17:26 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg scribbled Marshall on the notepad and circled it. “My handwriting looks like Pidgey tracks, so I generally have my Gardevoir do most of the script when Elisa’s not here.” had beautiful penmanship; but her newly increased Rocket duties kept her away for longer and longer periods of time.

She found the ribbon she wanted, which was baby pink and trimmed in shimmery gold.

"I could probably get it out tonight,” she said, measuring a length of ribbon out, “but by tomorrow afternoon at the latest.” It was difficult being responsible for the shop more and more, but her job here had started with deliveries, so that wasn’t a facet that was going away anytime soon. Besides, they were fun.

She set the ribbon down to enter her name (CYGNE) in his phone and under the subcategory she put flower shop homie.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
Ignition [m]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 20:33:12 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]

"Great, that sounds perfect. Thanks so much, Cygne," Marshall replied, taking his phone back and seeing the woman's name entered into it. It may have been odd to thank someone for doing their job, but he felt extremely grateful for how much she'd helped him that day.[break][break]

After she calculated the total cost of his purchase, Marshall paid for it with his card and pulled his riding gloves back on. He cast a final glance at the bouquet in its vase, sitting on the station at the back of the room, then turned for the front door.[break][break]

"Thanks again, and have a great day. Call me up whenever you wanna talk bikes!" he offered. And then he was outside, the shop's door closing softly behind him. He put his helmet back on, started his motorcycle, and started the long drive back to Mauville City.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

+ Marshall's Outfit

[googlefont=Montserrat]