thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
RED PILL
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 14:53:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Perhaps Gavin had been too vague.

" is my sister." No use keeping it to himself. He trusts Mars, and if his fellow underboss did happen to glean what Gavin had lost to the Cloud, he'd find out one way or another. "Silph brainwashed her." Unlike with , Gavin is not as direct with his language. He's pretty sure that Mars hasn't found himself entangled with the councilman in that way. Catching himself, Gavin adds, "She's fine, now. Best if you don't bring it up, but..."

His smile is tight. His eyes are cold.

"I could take everything from Silph and it would not be enough."

Fingers flex at his side as if longing to wrap around 's neck.

His hand snatches up to catch what Mars tosses him, instead, the cool glass pressed against his scarred palm. Gavin opens his hand to marvel at the object, holding it up to the light and watching it refract.

"How long have you been able to do this?" Gavin can guess. "How did you find out?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
RED PILL
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 18:06:16 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

is Gavin’s sister.
[break][break]
Mars would take a moment to process this new revelation, to chide himself for not realising what now seems extremely obvious, but he does not get that luxury, for ’s next words lead his thoughts somewhere completely different. Brainwashing. That’s what all this had been about. The reason why they had done what they had done. Revenge. As if Mars would ever think that not to be the right course of action in this sort of situation.
[break][break]
He is no fool, it’s not difficult to imagine what the situation may have been like, and while has never been someone he considers to be a close friend, she is someone who has listened to him and helped him, and she apparently is also family to someone who matters to him. Most importantly, she’s a valued member of Team Rocket, and even though there had once been a time when Mars had thought of the syndicate as no more than a tool at his disposal, these days, as underboss, the need to protect those he considers to be his allies is as if ardent flames.
[break][break]
is their enemy.
[break][break]
”Then Silph should be thankful that she didn’t take more.”
[break][break]
Not like she got the chance.
[break][break]
Mars sighs, looking at the eye-like sphere. That, among other things, was what he had wanted to show Gavin, but he sure hadn’t expected it to go like this. Still, he trusts his friend and colleague with the truth, especially after Gavin also just did as much with him:
[break][break]
”Since we came back from The Cloud. I haven’t done enough testing but… I can create things now.”
[break][break]
As long as he can imagine it, he can make it a reality. For a time, of course.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
SETTING: Mid July - Post Cyberchase Conundrum

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.tmm2] --accent: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
RED PILL
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 18:31:28 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin swipes his tongue over his teeth, something positively feral in his eyes.

"She will. We will."

Bloodlust was not a trait the underboss possessed under ordinary circumstances, but nothing would come between his need to see 's vengeance exacted in full. She would topple Silph Co. They would dismantle the League. And when his world turned to ash around him, they would put an end to the monster that was .

It is fortunate that their discussion soon turns to 's newfound capabilities, else the Harbinger might've lost himself to his patron's penchant for rage. Instead Shadow Lugia seeks to soothe his troubled temper, a distant brush against his mind that grounds him in the present. His racing heart slows, the fire in his eyes dimmed to smoldering embers. Silph is not here now; Martín is.

"How big?" Gavin wonders. "How many? Does it drain your energy?"

He leans forward, a new fire sparking: that of the scientist.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
RED PILL
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 19:37:36 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Thanks for telling me the truth... I understand.” He does, no matter how calm he may be through it all. For, even if Gavin may not be aware of it: a need for vengeance, bloodlust, rage… These are the things that fuel Martín. The things that have defined who he is for years now. The things that drove him to Hoenn, to Team Rocket, and to do much of what he’s done. He understands because he too has people he hates knowing still when they only deserve suffering.
[break][break]
deserves to know all this. Mars wants him to know. Gavin had trusted him and told him something most of Rocket does not know, and Mars trusts him also.
[break][break]
Just as Gavin perhaps deserves to know that these new abilities of his will serve as tools. They’re not gifts, Mars knows as much; he knows the Unown likely expect more from him, that they likely intend to use him. But, if that’s the case, then he will use them too. He will get what he wants. He will make use of every tool at his disposal.
[break][break]
”Only one at a time. It has not been draining so far, but that may change if I make too many in a short period of time.” He sighs, considering. It all happened too recently, so he hasn’t had the time to do enough testing, but just as he has done with his teleportation ability, Mars intends to figure out every single detail.
[break][break]
”There’s stories about how Unown can manipulate reality. I think they’re letting me use that power, but I’ve yet to find out for what purpose.”
[break][break]
What do they want from him? Why are they doing this?
[break][break]
If only Unown would communicate through more than the ominous little dictionary they seem to have etched into Mars' very soul.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.tmm2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
RED PILL
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 21:05:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Do you? Gavin wonders. How much?

The question is in his eyes, but it never makes it past his throat. Trust is a two-way street but they needn't walk in tandem, and Martín will speak his truths when he is ready. Gavin inclines his head, instead, accepting.

"I don't know if my experiences are comparable," the underboss admits, miasma shifting with his movements as he sets the glass eye on the nearest surface, "but I know that when I overuse my power in too short a span of time, it fluctuates out of control." The last memorable occasion had been in the aftermath of the Sootopolis takeover, shivering in 's arms as the miasma bled from him in waves. "Less so, now, but I've had a lot of practice. Don't push yourself too hard. Rocket needs you."

I need you, but that's a lot of pressure. He refrains.

It makes him anxious to think of the Unown as puppets pulling at invisible strings, manipulating Mars' mind.

"Are you going to tell Walsh?"

I won't if you don't. The promise is in his eyes.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
RED PILL
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 14:38:34 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Rocket needs him.
[break][break]
Mars isn’t humble enough or stupid enough to deny that much to be true. There are others who could probably take the position of underboss, sure, even if they definitely wouldn’t do it like he does, but there are things he has done for Team Rocket that no one else has. What would have happened in the Tree of Life if he hadn’t thought of creating a portal as a contingency in order to get back to Sootopolis? What would have happened if he hadn’t gotten to the bottom of the Lake Trio’s messages and alerted Walsh along with Gavin? What would have happened if he hadn’t restored the system when within The Cloud? Those are just the more obvious examples.
[break][break]
Mars knows his worth, so yes, Gavin has a point: he shouldn’t push himself too far. There are people who rely on him. People who need him. And above all else, he himself can’t afford to be weakened right now. He needs to get his act back together.
[break][break]
”Don’t worry, testing would be counterproductive if it leaves me too exhausted to do anything. I’ll be careful, promise. Though, it’s not like I’m an avatar or anything.”
[break][break]
Right?
[break][break]
The thought comes and goes, replaced by a much more concerning matter: should he tell Walsh?
[break][break]
Of course Mars has considered that already, but when Gavin asks, he can’t help but sigh.
[break][break]
”I probably should. I’m sure he’ll hear about what happened in The Cloud from others, if not from me, and I don’t think him stupid enough not to consider that there might be consequences to what the Unown did, but…” His gaze meets that of his friend then, silence heavy and filled with implications of danger. ”I don’t think I should tell him every detail.”
[break][break]
It would mean Walsh knowing all of his strengths and weaknesses, and Mars has no reason to trust him enough for that. He sure wouldn't want to end up being used by their boss like has been ever since he found Xerneas.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
RED PILL
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 15:18:32 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"I don't think Chu-e was, either."

His voice is saddened by softness. Chu-e, not Choi as Gavin called him these days. Was, because whatever had been returned to them during the Darkest Day was not the friend he'd mourned.

"Even if you're not an avatar, you're — different." He doesn't say it as if it's negative, though there is a frown on Gavin's lips. Different could be a good thing, but it could also be dangerous.

What suggests is treachery, but Gavin looks him straight in the eye.

"I don't think you should, either."

Would you support me, if it came to that? How far he has come from the frightened grunt who cowered beneath the shadow of Silas Blackwell. Thoughts of treason settle like dust between them and Gavin leaves them unvoiced.

One step at a time.

"I'll back up whatever you want him to know. I can't deny that something happened," because the last thing he wants is the boss' suspicions, "but I can omit what you've shown me here."

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
RED PILL
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 15:51:16 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”...You don’t think this is like what happened with Choi, do you?”
[break][break]
Chu-e. Mars never got to know nearly as well as Gavin did, nor is that the case even now, but to think that what may be happening to him might be similar to what happened to the former underboss is concerning to say the least. Although, in his case it’s more like reprogramming. Like being modified. Will the Unown also change what he thinks? How he feels? Make him their puppet?
[break][break]
The thought makes his skin crawl, and he tries to push it away; to focus on the present.
[break][break]
However, the present isn’t much better.
[break][break]
He knows Walsh will expect the whole truth, every little bit of information, and it’s what Mars himself expects from his own underlings, but can the Rocket boss really be trusted to know his every strength and weakness? The only reason why his doubts about it are shared with Gavin is out of pure trust, and there is little surprise in learning that Gavin is also unsure. He’s smart enough not to be blinded by fear and respect.
[break][break]
”Thank you. I’ll probably tell him about the creation ability since it’ll come to light eventually, but not the rest… and not every intricacy.”
[break][break]
Definitely not about seeing what the Unown see. But, what will he do, spy on the people he’s supposed to be trusting and relying on?
[break][break]
”I worry Walsh will think he can use it as he pleases.”
[break][break]
Walsh has every right, does he not? And yet, loyal to Rocket as Mars may be, he is no tool at the disposal of others. Being openly defiant, however, would be stupid, and that also is something he refuses to be.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
RED PILL
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 21:12:34 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"I don't know."

That's the truth, much as he hates to admit it. He hadn't known what was happening to and he's not sure what's happening to and the powerlessness of it all turns his stomach. He's meant to be a leader, but how is he meant to lead when there's so much he still doesn't understand?

There is something of which he is sure, however: "He will use whatever you let him take." A shadow passes over the gaze of Rocket's loyal agent. "Trust me on that."

No matter what the cost.

Lugia's anger is distant, but he feels the brush against his mind at their shared memory. She'd enveloped him in the shadow of her wings, as if daring Declan Walsh to stand against her chosen vessel, and yet when Walsh had given command, Gavin had given consent.

A forbidden thought slips through.

"Do you think your Unown could stay hidden?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
RED PILL
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 1:54:43 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Gavin speaks from personal experience, that much is obvious to Mars. This too comes as no surprise, not when he’s aware of how Lugia came to become the syndicate’s ally. Is that all they are to Declan Walsh, then? His tools? Pieces on the chessboard of which he thinks both King and master?
[break][break]
The thought makes Mars’ blood boil. There are few things he likes less than the idea of being controlled.
[break][break]
”Hiding is in the nature of Unown.” Is the natural response to , and when eyes of amber and gold meet, there’s mutual understanding. The Unown could soy for him. For them, even. Would that work? Wouldn’t Walsh realise, given his abilities? Fear does not come easily to Mars, not anymore, but he does respect their boss enough not to think him a fool.
[break][break]
”I don’t know if there’s a range to the telepathic connection, though. I’ll let you know what I find out.”
[break][break]
This is not something they should do hastily.
[break][break]
It’s better left as a last resort. An option for when they’re certain this is really the stance they want to take on this matter.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
RED PILL
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 10:12:04 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Understanding passes between them in spreading silence; Gavin has never appreciated more. They are aligned in pride, suspicion, and most importantly, caution.

"No decisions should be made with haste." For all they knew, Walsh wasn't a threat, but it's the possibility that chills Gavin's blood. "I was told, once, that to compromise Rocket would be reason enough to..." Gavin's lips pull tight into something that's not quite a smile, much closer to a grimace that haunts in his gaze. "All I'd done was lie to him."

Imagine how he might react to this? It's left implied.

He trusts Mars in a way that has assured he no longer trusts Declan Walsh, so after a breath of hesitation, he adds, "The lie wasn't malicious. Only a name." A history, too, that he'd done his best to hide. "I've been Gavin since Kanto, but my real name is Cillian Quinn. I told him as much. My name, my family." Breath shivers as it leaves his lungs, another sideways glance cast to shadows left by the sun. "Rocket is my family now, Martín. There is little I wouldn't do for them. You're part of that family. Be safe."

If it meant he had to follow Walsh into the depths of hell, Gavin would. And if it meant he had to do the unthinkable...

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
RED PILL
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 11:43:14 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”To compromise Rocket would be reason enough…”

[break]
is not to be blamed for the chill that runs down Mars’ spine, nor are the words supposedly spoken by Declan Walsh. What is to be blamed is the memory his friend’s tale calls to rise from the depths. A memory of blood, of pain, of rage, of fear, of grief, and of a child losing every shred of innocence within him when being forced to witness his father’s murder.
[break][break]
”This is what happens when you betray our family, Martín”

[break]
He had always known joining Team Rocket to be a deal with the devil for the sake of achieving his goals, but he had thought the syndicate to be the lesser evil. Perhaps he had been wrong. Perhaps Declan Walsh is exactly like Emilio Marzán. Will Walsh take everything from them too?
[break][break]
”You did what you had to survive.” But just surviving isn’t enough. Mars has always known as much. It’s what he had said to when she had called herself a survivor: surviving does not guarantee freedom, not until there’s no one left who could bring them any harm. ”As long as we’re of use to him, he will likely do everything in his power to keep us under his command, whether that’s thanks to loyalty or fear may not matter much.”
[break][break]
Just like how Emilio Marzán had taken everything from him for the sake of controlling him. His father. His wife. His child. His whole damn life. All he has left is what he has now. What he has gained ever since coming to Hoenn.
[break][break]
Once again, Mars understands.
[break][break]
”Rocket is my family too.” He has never said it outloud before, but the words ring true, even if there was once a time when he would have never imagined them possible. ”You’re right to want to protect your own, Gavin, but you need to be safe too.”
[break][break]
There it is, unspoken in the way Mars looks at him with tired eyes that have seen too much loss: I can’t lose you too. Not another one.
[break][break]
”Do you know why I changed my name?” Mars asks then, knowing that despite how careful he is when hiding it to the public, his own files in Team Rocket make his relation to Sinnoh’s crime families no secret. Gavin is thorough enough to have looked at them. He had shared his connection with the Marzáns and initially used his ability to be a bridge between both syndicates as a way to gain support within Team Rocket, but he had never shared his reasons to leave Canalave. Only a trusted few know of his need for revenge.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
RED PILL
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2022 14:33:45 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
There is something in 's eyes when Gavin speaks, a shadow of a memory. Gavin may not know what that memory is but he understands the implication well enough. We are more alike than we think.

"I've done more than survive." What had been a grimace sharpens into a smirk, edged with the pride that Kanto Rocket had beaten out of him. Only under Hoenn's lax influence has it returned, a wildfire to purge his weakness. I have clawed my way up wherever I can. "But I agree — Walsh is only a threat if he perceives us to be the same. I don't have any intention to show my hand unless I know that it can win."

Gavin's never been a gambling man. He takes comfort only in certainty.

"And if it can, but Walsh poses no danger? I am content to follow."

He doesn't want to earn his place through blood and violence if he can earn it just the same through steadfast loyalty and dedication, instead. He is younger than Walsh, and so far as Gavin is aware the Rocket boss is not immortal. Gavin isn't a gambler, but he is possessed of patience.

You need to be safe, too.

The fire in Gavin's gaze dims, softening his features.

"I intend to be," he assures Mars. "I'd be no good of a protector if I got myself killed doing it." That smirk fades to a gentler smile before at last it disappears behind the composure of Gavin's baseline. "But, no, you never told me why you changed it. To distance yourself, I would guess." But after guessing, he leaves a breadth of silence for Mars to elaborate should he so choose.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
RED PILL
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 0:03:15 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”That makes two of us, then.”
[break][break]
They’re alike, perhaps in many more ways than what is obvious to Mars. They’re alike in their experience, in their approach, and in their goals. That is something Mars has never really encountered before. Perhaps, it’s part of why he appreciates Gavin so much, why he has come to trust him, and even to consider him as family.
[break][break]
True family.
[break][break]
Not like those who share his name and blood yet have taken everything he ever loved from him.
[break][break]
Mars sighs, wondering exactly where he should begin, and finally, he decides to stand, walking over to a nearby cabinet. A liquor cabinet.
[break][break]
”That’s true for the most part. Being associated with the Marzán family would have done me no good when trying to appear as a squeaky clean businessman who cares for the wellbeing of Hoenn.” He takes a bottle, looks at the label, and then returns it. This is done with two more before finally settling for one containing an amber liquid. Scotch from the Crown Tundra.
[break][break]
”It’s what the Marzáns believe my reason was, at least.” Not ’my family’, he would never call them that out loud. Most of his true family is gone, the rest is here, in Hoenn.
[break][break]
Two glasses are set down on the coffee table and he pours scotch into them. Straight.
[break][break]
”What they don’t know is that the actual reason is that I can’t stand being associated with them.” It's then that Mars sits once more, taking a sip from his glass before meeting Gavin’s gaze. ”...They don’t know that I’m aware that they’re the ones who killed my wife and child. That I know they made me lose everything for the sake of not losing me.”
[break][break]
There, in his gaze as much as in his words, is a truth not many have ever seen: the rage, the hatred, and the thirst for vengeance that exist within him. It burns with scorching heat; an appetite for destruction now unshackled and free to devastate everything in this warpath of his.
[break][break]
”They took everything from me, Gavin.”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
RED PILL
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2022 17:31:41 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin huffs a soft laugh at squeaky clean businessman, but otherwise does not interject as explains.

Pale fingers tighten around his glass of Scotch as Gavin digests his friend's trauma. Your wife and child. He has never had a child, but the mere thought of anyone daring to harm makes him grip the glass near hard enough to shatter it. It takes a conscious effort to unclench his jaw, and his amber gaze burns with fire as it locks onto Mars' own.

"Then you should take from then in return." It's not a moral solution, but this is an imperfect world. Those who made his family suffer would never be at peace again. "With my help, if you'll have it."

He wouldn't offer to just anyone, but has never been just anyone.