POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 3:50:38 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest2"]
[attr="class","calebtest2text"]

2 YEARS AGO [2020]

[break][break]
Caleb had a headache.[break][break]
Which, of course, was nothing new for Caleb. He'd spent the previous evening drinking until the early hours of the morning, like he always did, and had awakened to a hangover, like he always did. The past year had been one numbing attempt after the next, always chasing the empty oblivion of drug- or alcohol-induced sleep. Without such things, the nightmares could not be kept at bay. And Caleb, though loath to admit it, was still not ready to face them.[break][break]
The only problem was, even doing the bare minimum to survive cost money. Shitty one-bedroom apartment rent, food staples, booze - it all added up eventually. And so, here Caleb was, popping painkillers and standing awkwardly in front of the Slateport Ranger Headquarters in one of his nicer shirts, wondering if this was really such a good idea. He had zero relevant experience. He had zero recommendations. But the flyer had said all applicants welcome - and perhaps they actually meant it. All of my experience is in something Rocket would expect me to be doing, he'd thought when he'd grabbed the Ranger flyer off a Slateport subway bulletin board; there was a chance they were still looking for him, after all. I have to try and do something different. Something...new.[break][break]
With a sigh, he entered the very official looking building. Immediately, a rather young and peppy receptionist welcomed him, dressed in a tan uniform with a green armband, which meant nothing to Caleb. "I'm uh, here about a job," Caleb told her, holding up the flyer he'd snagged from the subway. "The flyer says to ask for ?"

[attr="class","calebtest2ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ Mission: Commitment: Act I

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.calebtest2]--accent:#3AD1E1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calebtest2]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .calebtest2text b"]color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2text a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .calebtest2 .calebtest2text i { color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2text u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc"]} .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc b { color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc i { color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .calebtest2pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
Eccedentesiast [M]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 15:42:31 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

They had put his name because no one else wanted to deal with it, and truth be told, Tam didn’t want to deal with it either. But, when they had asked, his natural response had been something along the lines of ”Sure, whatever.” since saying “No.” seemed more troublesome anyway.
[break][break]
That’s how he had ended up dealing with some of the new recruits. That’s how he had ended up meeting .
[break][break]
He had been on a mission when he got the call from HQ, but thankfully for the aspiring trainee, he had been close enough for Caleb not to have to wait too long for him to return. Clad in standard ranger uniform paired with a blue armband that marked his rank, Tam soon stepped into the building, a Yamper eagerly following him.
[break][break]
”The Mareep in Route 110 had escaped from one of the farms. I’ll send you my report later.” He tells the receptionist. Clover had had a great time herding them, and now her little white paws were covered in white mud. Tam did not seem to mind this at all, especially considering his attention soon turned to the man he assumed had been waiting for him.
[break][break]
”Heard you’re looking for a job. I'm Tam.”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Commitment: Act I 🌟
[break][break]
SETTING: 2 Years Ago

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twt2] --accent: #688592; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 11.5px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
Eccedentesiast [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 0:35:47 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]

Handsome fellow, this . Caleb was suddenly glad he'd made at least some effort to look presentable. He cleared his throat and held out the flyer, presenting it like a faire ticket capable of winning him some sort of prize. "Found this in the subway," he explained matter-of-factly. "Says anyone can apply. I'd like to apply."[break][break]
An awkward silence hung in the air, then. The receptionist was watching him with wide-eyed intrigue. Should he say more? What exactly was the process, here? Would Tam take him back to a private room and interview him? Would they want to meet his Pokémon? A thousand questions suddenly raced through Caleb's pounding head, and he found himself wishing for a cold drink. Preferably of the alcoholic nature.[break][break]
"Look, uh, I'll be honest - I don't exactly have much experience with this Ranger stuff. But I really need a job and it seems like you guys really need help, so." He shrugged, flashing Tam a wry grin. "At least let me give it a shot?"

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.calebtest2]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .calebtest2text b"]color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2text a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .calebtest2 .calebtest2text i { color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2text u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc"]} .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc b { color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc i { color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .calebtest2pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
Eccedentesiast [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 1:56:31 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Oh.” Whatever Tam may have thought of the flyer presented to him by would remain unknown, for his impassive expression failed to reveal much at all. He simply looked at it, gaze fixing on his name for a second or two before looking at Caleb once more.
[break][break]
A potential new recruit.
[break][break]
It looked as if he were sizing him up, silently considering before giving his response. Technically, anyone who wished it could apply to Ranger Academy, but they were supposed to be careful for the sake of avoiding potential infiltration from Team Rocket and all other kinds of criminal efforts. Background checks and what not.
[break][break]
Before even asking the stranger for his name, Tam asked a much different question:
[break][break]
”Why do you want to be a Ranger?”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
[break][break]

[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 11.5px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
Eccedentesiast [M]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 3:10:12 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]

Caleb opened his mouth to speak, a generic answer about helping the people and Pokémon of Hoenn on the tip of his tongue, but then paused, stopping himself. Why did he want to be a Ranger? Why'd he grab that flyer in the first place? Plenty of cafes and shops had been hiring in Slateport lately. He could get a job at any of them - and probably for a lot less trouble.[break][break]
He could lie, of course. He'd had one prepared. But it struck Caleb suddenly that this fellow, with his neutral, deadpan voice and thousand-mile stare...well, he just didn't seem like the sort of man you lied to. He'd see right through it anyway. It was that simple.[break][break]
"I'm bored as fuck, that's why," Caleb admitted honestly. The receptionist behind the desk cringed at his foul language, but he didn't pay her any mind. "I've spent the last year drinking my life away. It's more expensive than you'd think." He flashed Tam a wry grin; this was now a train wreck of an interview, and he knew it. And yet, he continued.[break][break]
"I guess I'm just looking for a second chance to do something...else. With my piece of shit life. Maybe even something that matters."[break][break]
He ran a hand through his hair, then, feeling suddenly silly for having the compulsion to be truthful with this total stranger. Fully expecting Tam to kick him the hell out of his office, Caleb wondered if he ought to just make for the door and save the other man the trouble.[break][break]
It had been worth a shot.

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
Eccedentesiast [M]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 9:31:23 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Honesty.
[break][break]
It would have been easy to lie. To give him some bullshit about wanting to save the environment and loving pokémon and seriously just really wanting to help everyone. All those things were fine. They were all things that to some extent Tam was sure all rangers considered as their duty, but in his experience, they rarely were what was truly responsible for driving someone to the profession.
[break][break]
Maybe he had some bias because that hadn’t been the case for him, at least.
[break][break]
Something that matters. He echoed, as if that too had been the only part that mattered out of Caleb’s explanation. As if cared little for the boredom, the drinking, and the debt of the man before him. As Tam saw it, none of those things defined him.
[break][break]
”Do you know what being a ranger is like? The kind of jobs you’ll be expected to do?”
[break][break]
Probably not to its fullest extent, considering he had found out about the job from a flyer.
[break][break]
The Yamper at Tam's side gleefully barked up at Caleb then.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
[break][break]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
Eccedentesiast [M]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 13:52:25 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]

Caleb started to take a step towards the door, then stopped, registering the sound of Tam's voice. The blond man had asked him another question - not, "why did you waste my time?" which was what Caleb had expected to hear next - but another question about being a Ranger: the next question in the interview. Caleb stared at Tam and saw something curious: underneath of the neutrality Tam seemed to wear like a favorite hat, there was a distinct and profound degree of acceptance. Acceptance of Caleb, and whatever baggage he was bringing to the table.[break][break]
He doesn't know who I really am, Caleb thought grimly. He accepts the deadbeat with a drinking problem, but would he accept the former Rocket assassin and spy?[break][break]
"Rangers protect Pokémon," Caleb answered finally. He crouched down, as if to emphasize his point, and scratched the Yamper behind her ears. "Humans and Pokémon don't always peacefully coexist." He shrugged. "I suppose Rangers are the ones cleaning up those messes."

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
Eccedentesiast [M]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 1:18:34 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Who was he to determine what the right type of person to become a ranger was? Who was he to claim a moral high ground over potential recruits? As long as they looked as if they’d do their job well and didn’t intend to harm pokémon, that’s what mattered to Tam the most. Anyone had the potential to become a good ranger, regardless of what their initial reason for joining was. That’s what his own time as a ranger had taught him.
[break][break]
”Sometimes we also have to protect people from pokémon.” The addition may have seemed insignificant to most people, but it was one important to make, because in a place like Hoenn, that rang truer than in any other. Wild pokémon could be a danger to the population near them, legendary pokémon could cause devastation when going on rampages, and on rare occasions, rangers also had to deal with occurrences like terribly dangerous pokémon coming to Hoenn from other dimensions.
[break][break]
”If you become a ranger, a lot of people will tell you a lot of things about what the ideals of a ranger are… Safeguarding nature, protecting pokémon, and protecting those in need. All those things are true, but at the end of the day, what matters the most is knowing that your duty won’t be only to the Hoenn region, but also to yourself and your colleagues.” For how stern his tone was, there was something utterly calm in those sky blue eyes of his when they met the gaze of . A hand was offered, as if to seal a deal. ”Be the kind of ranger we can all be proud of.”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
[break][break]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
Eccedentesiast [M]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 13:18:21 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]

Caleb stood, and the Yamper whined softly, unhappy the petting had ended. He listened as Tam calmly explained the duties of a Ranger, emphasizing the point about protecting people as much as Pokémon. What matters the most is knowing that your duty won’t be only to the Hoenn region, but also to yourself and your colleagues.[break][break]
Also to himself...that was something Caleb had not expected to hear. How can you care for Pokémon and people if you can't properly care for yourself? A wry voice in the back of his mind muttered. It was true. If he was going to take this job, he needed to commit to doing better.[break][break]
Well, at least a little better.[break][break]
He clasped Tam's outstretched hand. The other man had a surprisingly firm grip for how even-tempered he seemed. "I don't know how proud I'll be able to make anybody, but I commit to trying. I really...need this." He felt awkward all of a sudden, realizing what he wanted to say next was a rather vulnerable sentiment. It was an uncomfortable feeling, but he pushed through it. "I want to help, for once, instead of hurt. Myself, especially." He didn't elaborate. He had a feeling Tam would understand - maybe not the history behind those words, but the sincerity of them.[break][break]
I like this guy, he thought of Tam. He hadn't made many friends since coming to Hoenn and succumbing to the life of a depressed hermit. It would do him some good to spend more time with people again. And this time, I won't have to hurt any of them.

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
Eccedentesiast [M]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 17:23:58 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I want to help, for once, instead of hurt. Myself, especially."
[break]
Tam would probably never say it outloud, the mere thought was more fleeting than anything, but at that moment, in a strange way, reminded him of himself. He hadn’t become a ranger out of a desire to help, that much really had come later, but when it truly had come, it had been after his actions had put too much at risk – after he had made mistakes he would likely regret forever.
[break][break]
”That’s all we can really… Try. Help.”
[break][break]
Keep pushing forward.
[break][break]
Be better than what you were yesterday.
[break][break]
Tam took a step away there and then, nodding for Caleb to follow him. Clover’s ears perked up, barking up at the new recruit before going after her trainer with quick steps.
[break][break]
”Let’s get your paperwork in order, then. Welcome to the rangers.”
[break][break]
Paperwork was always the worst part, or so Tam would always claim.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Eccedentesiast [M]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2022 23:39:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)