TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Enjoying the Sights [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 6:22:33 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
There's a battle on the horizon for the soul, and instead of preparing for it, the man decides to go out towards Petalburg to relax. Stress? Nah, that wouldn't help. Now rent, that would at least help, and thankfully he found a nice job to take his mind off the upcoming duel. It was more than he did before, supposedly assisting with an Officer to go take some pictures of the wildlife scenery, and maybe even a video within the woods for a documentary and case study of the woods.

He doesn't mind. If it keeps him from thinking about Theo or Jayden, he'd do it in spades. Especially after the lighthouse scuffle.

The forest this time of year is nice; in the summer, the sun makes being outside unbearable, but the woods are the perfect location to relax. Shade in every inch and spot and enough to ensure that the only concern was the clicking of the Nincada's wings. Getting past that? It was gucci down here in Petalburg.

Wanna know what isn't gucci though? Getting this tripod to set up straight. Not for nothing, Ash is trying his best, but Bongo, his little minion of a chimp, is doing everything he can to adjust it... while Ashley is adjusting it. To the point where, they overadjust. "Bongo. Stop. BONGO." And the chimp chitters and whaps Ashley on the noggin in response. The duo get along just like that.

This was the perfect time too, for his lovely new additions to come out. Setting nearby in a pristine doggie bed, the ever beautiful white with black fur Furfrou lays down like the queen she is, Juliette taking a puppy nap, and meanwhile, flapping his wings happily is the little Noibat that he found outside his apartment the other day. Ash named him Bass.

As Ash moves back from the camera, he looks about. "Okay... should be fine. Lighting is just nice enough. Hopefully the Officer gets here soon so we can start. Still ten minutes early." Ashley wipes his brow, sweat having formed.

He just hoped they provided a distraction.

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".sawyer"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer b"]color:#00BFFF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer i"]color:#00BFFF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sawyer a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sonetine

she/her
February 24
Oldale Town
bisexual
police
cadet
0 height
0 height
be kind!
awards
34 posts
part of
TAG WITH @blythe
blythe rosewood
Enjoying the Sights [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 7:00:42 GMT
blythe rosewood Avatar
what approaches on the sunkissed horizon is a veritable whirlwind of insanity.

blythe herself is enough to handle. she talks too loudly, too much, too quickly, and does it all with that same dopey smile and that sense of childlike naivety that has buoyantly carried her through the lion's share of life safely thus far. pairing that with her pokemon, however, can often make her an unbearable plus one in any situation. so over the horizon, stepping through a flowered glade, comes the pink-haired officer, flanked on either side by a florges, an oricorio, and atop her head, blending into her already rosebud pink hair, a fomantis.

the florges, donmai, is inplacable. regal as ever, she steps alongside blythe as if she's always belonged there and always will. the oricorio (delphinus), however, seems quite keen on doing whatever he can to cause as many problems as possible in as short an amount of time as possible. he lunges up towards the fomantis (diantha) in a sing-song dance at any chance possible, wherein diantha quickly recoils back atop blythe's head, digging her sharp talons into whatever purchase available, which blythe cringes at whenever given the opportunity. what results is a slow walk towards where ashley lounges in the meadow, punctuated at every interval by sharp scolding, brief stumbling, and at least a few near falls. this would be so much easier if she would just recall delphinus!

...why hasn't she recalled him?

a few meters away from where ashley has fully set up the camera, blythe pauses and, with a vindictive frown, pulls out a Pokeball from her belt loop. "time-out, delphinus!" she huffs, and the oricorio vanishes in a flash of light.

finally free of distractions, the pink-haired officer transfers diantha to her arms and rushes towards ashley with a wide smile upon spotting him and his pokemon in the glade. she waves emphatically, enthusiastic down to every last atom on her person. "hello!" she calls, exuberant in her approach. she arrives soon thereafter, skidding to a stop and nearly stumbling to the ground. her voice comes again as she regains her balance, buoyant even despite her near-fall. "photography thing, right? i'm blythe! i've been assigned here!"

and then the woman stares deeply at ashley, curious. it's like she wants his name or something!

[break]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Enjoying the Sights [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 7:28:52 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Inside of the shot for just a moment, Ashley could see the officer rushing over. A rather energetic wave and wide smile had Ashley smiling at the camera. Now that, that was infectious. It was like capturing a good mood on a shot, and Ash, in a moment of clarity, hits the record button as she rushes over, and with a push of his silver hair out of his face, he flashes his own smile to the actual person.

"Hey." He's short with her, but he decides to abstain from introductions until she did so. Common courtesy was to state one's own name before asking another.

She was right on it too. Officer Blythe here knew what was to be done, or at the very least, noting what they were doing. With a bigger smile now in return, Ash crossed his arms. "Yeah, yeah. This is the spot. Name's-" He stops for a moment. He closes his silver globes to think, as his lip droop to his pondering mind. Yeah... Jayden and Theo already knew he was here, so his cover was blown. He just shrugs.

"Name's Ashley. You can call me Ash, Officer Blythe." His smile returns, not really minding. After all, she seemed sweet and happy-go-lucky enough. Pink hair was a unique case too.

With a thumb set behind him, he gestures to behind the brush. "Job is pretty simple today. Just gotta sit behind the brush and periodically check the camera to make sure it's rolling and not being attacked, damaged, or stolen. Photographer was REALLY clear not to intervene in the shot." His eyes widen, as he decides to click once on the record, stopping the recording he had made preemptively of Blythe's dashing to him.

"This Grookey is Bongo, sleeping in her bed is Juliette, and that little bat by your head is Bass." Bass in particular had these big yellow eyes that looked on with a curious, albeit nervous smile to the Officer. Juliette didn't bother to even wave or say hello. And Bongo?

Well Bongo was mischeviously looking at Ash knowingly. Whatever could he be mischevious about?

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sonetine

she/her
February 24
Oldale Town
bisexual
police
cadet
0 height
0 height
be kind!
awards
34 posts
part of
TAG WITH @blythe
blythe rosewood
Enjoying the Sights [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2022 8:10:54 GMT
blythe rosewood Avatar
a smile! she just got smiled at!

it excites her beyond belief. the past few months have all been stern frowns, hardasses, exclamations of 'be quiet, blythe!' or 'stop touching everything, blythe!', or even, 'blythe, this is against all social conventions!'. no smiles, no laughter, no sun. finally, finally, someone smiled at her!

it's exhilarating. electrifying, even! she laughs despite herself. the sound carries over right into her next sentence, forged forth even despite the hesitation the man—ash—seems to have with divulging his own name. "ash, ash, ash," she repeats to herself, if only to edify the name into the recesses of her ultimately flighty mind. she likes the way he says officer—somehow it makes her feel real, not an impostor wearing official clothes. "ash! i've got it. nice to meet you! i'm excited to work together!"

at least the job is simple. it gives her time to get to know this mysterious individual and his pokemon! he clicks something on the camera she knows next to nothing about, and though a light of curiosity rises in her eyes, she makes no mention of it. instead, she claps her hands together and grin widens impossibly further. "great!" she chirps. "no intervening. all-natural. got it! we could do this stuff in our sleep, ash!"

luckily for her, pokemon introductions come next. by the time it's all through, she's quite infatuated with bass, and spares a wave at juliette and bongo. so intrigued she is with the little bat, she cautiously reaches out a palm for the winged creature to sniff in the hope that she might make a new friend, stiller than ever before. "hello, little friend! it's so nice to meet you."

bongo makes her nervous, though. the eyes... what do they mean? what is planned? what will happen next?

oh. probably introducing her own pokemon! at this point, donmai has finally arrived, languidly strolling forward without a care for time or people, supremely focused on the appearance of being as regal and refined as possible. blythe takes the time to show off the florges and her beautiful purple flowers with a smile. "donmai's my florges," she says, then reveals the tiny fomantis curled up tightly in her arms, who curls her bladed forearms up to shield her face once shown. "and diantha's my fomantis!"

she pauses, then tacks on the next bit as if in a fit of forgetfulness. "oh, and my oricorio is in timeout. because he doesn't know how to play nice."

this is the first sign of her inimitable smile twitching into vague frustration. it seems delphinus is the only creature capable of spurring this effect on the eternally cheerful blythe.

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Enjoying the Sights [M]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 6:29:28 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Officer Blythe really was excitable. Repeating the name of his he gave her kept him second-guessing, but at this point? What worth was there in hiding his real name? It was nice to finally just be upfront about it. Her jubilance was infectious. His lips curved further upwards into a toothy grin.

He could get used to that.

She picked up on the job real quick, and that grin widens more, only having Ash raise a brow. Wow. He'd never had someone smile quite like that before towards him. It was just comfortable. Bass already liked her too, and since he was relatively new, as he flutters and claps his wings over and over, he zips, and zoops around Blythe, happy to meet a new person to call friend!

While Juliette would never care to lift a paw towards the boonie dwellers and plebians, Bongo just kept his mischief going, as he, as well as Bass and Ashley, would watch Officer Blythe introduce her own duo. Ash nods, eyeing the purple bouquet that was Donmai, and the little Formantis, absolutely shy. Bongo quickly made his way over to greet the shy mantis, bonking his wooden stick on the ground as a means to greet him.

With a laugh, Ash rubs the back of his head. "Oh, you too huh? Yeah, my apartment is basically the jungle for some of them. My Slowpoke is in time out too for riding the ceiling fan again!" He looks to the side and tries his best to make that sound less ridiculous than it was. "Pretty sure I'll never get my deposit back..." Sheepish smile aside, he kept his smile, as he points behind some brush and shrubbery.

"Cooked and prepped some food before I left the apartment today. For the Pokemon and for us to enjoy." He takes pride in it, as he begins walking to the small blanket with the small basket at the ready. "You like Alolan cuisine? Say, you're not allergic to ginger, onion, coconut, or seaweed, are ya?" Hope not, else he'd have to think of a plan B. A Luau Stew was delicious in its many island-based flavors.

close tab

played by

sonetine

she/her
February 24
Oldale Town
bisexual
police
cadet
0 height
0 height
be kind!
awards
34 posts
part of
TAG WITH @blythe
blythe rosewood
Enjoying the Sights [M]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 21:12:23 GMT
blythe rosewood Avatar
it seems she's found a thread of commonality between him and her! blythe smiles at the mention of a slowpoke clinging to a ceiling fan for dear life. the story conjures an image in her mind that she can't help but laugh at. she understands where he's coming from in that regard—perhaps it's old-fashioned of her, but she cringes at the thought of keeping her pokemon in their balls for too long. she much prefers allowing them free reign of her cheap slateport apartment, even if it does result in frequent landlord visits. she laughs as diantha peers from behind her forearm blades to observe bongo, slowly warming to the idea of interacting with unfamiliar pokemon.

"you too?" blythe chirps as she draws closer to ash and the surreptitious red checkered blanket on the ground. "i'm pretty sure my landlord is on the verge of kicking me out!"

luckily for her, there's no need to dwell on the looming threat of incoming homelessness. ash is quick to indicate the picnic basket and the wealth of good food he's prepared just for today, a sight that nearly draws tears into blythe's eyes. she's all smiles, excitement, and relief, emotions that burst forth from her chest and spill out through her eyes, the only outlet that seems right for such thoughts and feelings. she can't help herself as she plops down onto the indicated blanket, at which point she carefully unpeels her fomantis from her arms to set her down alongside her hips on the blanket.

"you're so kind!" she enthuses, blue eyes glassy with her overwhelming happiness. "it all smells so good! i've never tried alolan stuff before, but i promise i'm not allergic to anything!"

she nearly reaches into the basket with aplomb before recalling that such eagerness could, in many cases, be seen as rude. she draws her hand back as if she's been burned, recalling her manners under the duress of her childhood guardian's distant visage. "may i?" she murmurs and glances up at ash, pleading.

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Enjoying the Sights [M]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 1:11:29 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
His earlier thought of getting used to that infectious approach was nice. While he definitely had a lower energy ceiling, he definitely felt like Officer Blythe was easy to talk to. What with her being in a similar situation in terms of living arrangements. Hell, Ashley was sure his landlord wanted his ass on a silver platter. That little bit of a connection made Ashley laugh out loud. "Small world. Yeah, pretty sure after Bongo and Conga set a fire to our dumpster in the alleyway that my landlord is looking to do the same. She can be feisty for a grandma..."

Bongo seems to smirk at the story. He was a mischievous little thing, and his little sister Conga the Grookey seemed to get into just as much trouble. As he sits next to the Formantis, the little chimp holds a hand out to shake hands! However, Bass has taken refuge now on Officer Blythe's left shoulder! He makes a happy squeak, as he merely watches the officer enjoy herself. The Noibat was very excited! So much love!

Her eyes just have this glass blue look. Ashley waves a hand. "Cool. Rare to see that these days." He's happy. Someone can enjoy his cooking. After all, being essentially equivalent to a single house husband with a knack for cooking left him woeful for the hope someone else would eat what he makes. Hearing her excitement, and the way she looked like a Yamper to him about eating had Ashley's teeth show in a grin.

"You don't need to ask me. Help yourself, really. Give me your honest food review." Dammit. Yeah, he might need to see her again sometime with how enthused about everything she was.

He's sweet in how he says it, and as he leans upwards to see the camera still running, he makes a sigh of relief. So far so good.

close tab

played by

sonetine

she/her
February 24
Oldale Town
bisexual
police
cadet
0 height
0 height
be kind!
awards
34 posts
part of
TAG WITH @blythe
blythe rosewood
Enjoying the Sights [M]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 22:02:23 GMT
blythe rosewood Avatar
she forgets what she's here for entirely when she sits down. it completely slips her mind through the sieve that separates exciting things from boring things in her overtly hyperactive mind. who cares about doing a job when her new friend has brought food, pokemon, and smiles in spades?

it's hard not to laugh and smile when the noibat lands on her shoulder. though blythe's entire being seems akin to one giant bouncy house, she's now careful to still all her movements entirely to keep bass right where he is. she's starstruck when she turns her head fraction by fraction to draw the tiny pokemon entirely into her captivated gaze, galaxies bursting wherever she lays her eyes atop him. it distracts her entirely from the tantalizing aromas that waft so easily from the picnic box. her hand draws away from the food in favor of gently, carefully attempting to rub her finger up against the side of bass' face. "i'd just take you home if i could!" she enthuses in a quiet, breathy voice.

that's rude too, isn't it? blythe shakes her head—how social conventions vex her! she carefully retracts her hand from bass to seek the food ash is so inclined to share with her, all while diantha very carefully offers her mantis arm for bongo to shake.

she unearths a big, fluffy confection dusted with powdered sugar from the basket. there were more substantial meals inside, of course, but blythe seems to naturally gravitate towards the sweeter tastes in life, given how she looks with such rapturous excitement at the malasada she holds. she takes only a moment to draw in the image and implant it in her mind before opening her mouth and taking a big bite!

it takes only a second of chewing before her eyes go alight with incredible excitement.

"itsh shoooo good!" she enthuses from around a mouthful of delightful, guava-filled dessert, then immediately takes another bite. "how'd juu make shish?? incredible!!! sho yummy!!"

she immediately inhales the rest of the dessert, chewing with such contentment that she could likely lie down right there and die happily. she's even licking her fingers!

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
Enjoying the Sights [M]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 3:37:24 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[attr="class","sawyer"]

tag
notes
Bass is so ecstatic, and he's almost worried that Blythe isn't acting as giddy as she is. But the moment she enthusiastically speaks, rubbing her finger on the bat's face, the little Noibat creates with his ears a small, melodic chime, a pleased sound for the woman acting so nice to him!

Bongo takes Diantha's mantis arm, and bows quietly, shaking it. He's not going to act mischievous to this little thing. But, it is watching Ash's expression as Blythe is eating. She almost takes up the whole scene by herself. But Ash? Priceless.

The thing was, Ash knew he was great at cooking. Baking is a different skill entirely, and seeing how enthused she was, her eyes lighting up like the sun, his face has, for the first time in ages, become beet red. His cheeks heat up, and he feels embarrassed. He'd never... received such wholesome compliments before, and while appreciated, his silver eyes had to look away. With a hand, he covers his face while she devours the guava-filled dessert confectionary.

She was even licking her fingers after eating it. He pulled on his collar, and Ash felt the stare of Juliette from her little bed off to the side, intrigued how she'd never seen Ash so flustered.

Ash gives a sheepish look, silver eyes looking into what seemed to be the blue galaxies of her own. "Heh" He took in a breath, regaining his composure as he could feel himself getting used to this now. "Well, I'm not the best baker in the world. I just followed a recipe online." He didn't even care if they were all gone, he just gave a big toothy grin. Sure, he cooked for himself on occasion. It was true of Isaac though.

When he cooked for people, he just felt happy.

Bass gives a small cry, as if to chime and let Blythe know to look at his trainer's smile. He was so touched, he could feel his eyes pricked by tears.

"Glad you liked it though." He adds in, rubbing the back of his neck with a hand. Bass' chime only added to it. Guess she was rubbing off on him already.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights