Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Leave The Past Behind [S]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 17:32:07 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]They say Rusturf Tunnel represented a link between worlds. Rustboro, while far from Hoenn's largest city, was a stern-jawed center of industry and progress. Verdanturf, on the other hand, was a quaint mountain town whose fresh air and greenery were the subject of renown. They were polar opposites, yet connected through a shortcut burrowed right through the heart of the mountain. In this sense, they were kin, now and forever. A piece of Hoenn's idyllic past tied to one of the beacons of its future.[break][break]

Yet this was far from a perfect connection. The mountain was temperamental at the best of times. Rockslides and cave-ins from nearby industrial activity blocked the tunnel off every now and again. The blockades never lasted long, Pokemon and machine coming together to clear the obstructions and unite the star-crossed cities. They may have been separated from time to time, but none could keep Hoenn's past and future separated for long.[break][break]

Isaac, too, lived with mountains around his past. They walled it off so that it couldn't hurt him any more than it already had. They warded him away so that he couldn't screw things up again. Yet, for one precious, fleeting moment, Isaac had peeked into the Rusturf Tunnel of his own life. When taught him about service and therapy Pokemon, he was immediately interested in knowing how they could help his little brother deal with his bad leg.[break][break]

It was a quick visit in the dead of night. In and out, five minites, seeing nobody and speaking with no one. It should have been perfect, bar a single Pokeball added among his little brother's small collection. Yet, Isaac may have overestimated his own ability. A disturbance may have been seen. A trail may have been left.[break][break]

A case from four years ago, evidenced only by the Aggron currently helping him break through one of Rusturf's cave-ins, may have just gone hot again.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

RedPanda

Izumi
she/her
July 23
Lillycove City
bisexual
Pokemon Detective
Cadet
Chatot
Single
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
11 posts
Izumi Suzume DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @suzume
Izumi Suzume
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 10:46:33 GMT
Izumi Suzume Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]

[]

Izumi wasn't someone you would find out in the middle of the night, as most of her cases dealt with daylight, and that was something that made her feel safe. She was sure she'd never have to be outside when the moon was high, but tonight it seemed that someone requested her to look into a Pokemon. When getting the case, she refused at first, as it was just a worker who mentioned they'd heard strange noises near the caves, but she was pretty sure it was just some bats or a pokemon trying to eat. However, they wanted to pay her a heavy amount and she was sort of broke, so she took the case despite her...hesitation. She couldn't possibly do this on her own, so she of course brought her pokemon with her, specifically Pumpkaboo. They were good in the dark and this gave Izzy some form of comfort, but she couldn't be bothered to smile as she made her way out of her home.
[break]
She wondered if maybe telling the client that someone else should do it, but then her Pumpkaboo nudged her a little as it floated in front of her. "Hm? What?" She said with a frown on her face. Puu Puumpkaa!" It said to her in a soothing tone, as the holes in its eyes lit up, Izumi blinked twice in response, she'd only heard of a few Pumpkaboo doing this, but was glad that hers could do it nonetheless. A smile on her face as the two of them made it to Rusturf Tunnel. As she entered the small shortcut she only hoped this could lead to finding clues on her father's whereabouts.
[break]
She entered the cave and immediately heard a banging noise from far away. quickly rushing to see what it was all about, Pumpkaboo followed closely behind her. As she came across the noise it gradually got louder and louder till she saw an Agron hitting rocks, and some weird-looking guy standing somewhat away from the rocky terrain. "Hold it right here! What do think you're doing...I mean, s-stop hitting those rocks!"
[break]
notes. @issacmerlo
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#465A76; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#465A76; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 13:13:42 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Was breaking through the pile of rocks helpful? Perhaps. If the Rustboro or Verdanturf locals didn't get frustrated and clear the cave-ins themselves, tunnel maintenance usually had it taken care of within a few days. Isaac's efforts would ultimately be a drop in the bucket, at best a somewhat earlier convenience for any hikers or spelunkers.[break][break]

However, was it cathartic? Without a doubt. Moments where one could smash rocks in relative peace and quiet were rare, and Isaac didn't feel like trekking all the way out to the desert for his latest fix. Instead, he just watched as Kiryu ground stone down beneath the prongs of her helmet, her Iron Head reducing it first to rubble, then to dust. Constructive destruction. There was nothing in the world quite like it. Maybe if the whole acting pipe dream didn't work out, he could run a wrecking crew or something.[break][break]

Then a voice rang out from behind. Huh. So much for being alone. Isaac turned around, squinting through the darkness of the tunnel to see who it belonged to. It was a woman and her Pumpkaboo, telling him to stop what he was doing and explain himself. Now that was odd; Isaac hadn't been stopped in his civilian guise in ages, especially not over something so innocuous. In fact, since joining Rocket, his unmasked self was basically a model citizen.[break][break]

"What seems to be the problem?" Isaac asked, casually resting against the cave wall. "Kiryu and I are just clearing out some of these rockslides. Figure with how often I've walked this tunnel, it'd be a shame to let it get all clogged up."[break][break]

See? Nothing to it. Just the Hoenn locals up to their usual, albeit perhaps working at a bit too early of an hour. Of course, what they were doing may've been second to who was doing it. Perhaps the name of that Aggron would call to mind another case . . .

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

RedPanda

Izumi
she/her
July 23
Lillycove City
bisexual
Pokemon Detective
Cadet
Chatot
Single
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
11 posts
Izumi Suzume DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @suzume
Izumi Suzume
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 3:00:58 GMT
Izumi Suzume Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]

[]

It was hard being in a cave, dark, wet, gross, and smelly, but especially dark, the dark had an unknown and terrifying feeling to it that she simply couldn't explain. Maybe she felt as though her father was hidden away inside somewhere, simply waiting to be saved by her, but that was wishful thinking on her part. She hadn't found any clues to his location yet, or to the whereabouts of the Pokémon, he'd owned before he left for his last case, maybe she'd find the Pokémon here or something?

As she saw the man before her, she couldn't help, but feel like this was a terrible idea. Here she was in the dark when she could be at home. But she had to solve this case, and maybe the person in front of her was going to help her do so. Well, not directly help her but it seemed as though maybe they were the reason behind the noises, which she still felt strange checking out so late.[break][break]
Izumi felt a shiver down her spine as a drip of cold water could be heard behind her, this place wasn't what she thought it would be. "Look, you might be "helping" as you say, but the noise is disrupting others and should be done during the daytime.." She said in the calmest tone she could muster, she hated being here and it smelled like a wet dog, and she could just sense her shoes were getting dirty. "Pumpkaboo booo." The small floating pumpkin said, as it was clearly agreeing with its trainer, though couldn't outright say it since it was a Pokemon. "Besides, do you have a permit to be doing this at night? Because I am pretty sure that you aren't allowed to be doing this." Izumi was going to say whatever she wanted to get her out of this cave, even if it meant she might find her father, she felt as though she was going to be here a long time and was hoping to get out of here quickly.
[break]
notes.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#465A76; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#465A76; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 12:59:35 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Permits. As if the people of Rustboro and Verdanturf didn't take this stuff into their own hands all the time. Hell, half the time travelers handled it before actual cleanup crew could even be mobilized. Especially when a large Ground, Steel, or Fighting type was present, a big old rock tended to be less of a hazard and more of a temporary annoyance.[break][break]

Part of Isaac wanted to say that his permit, his PPE, and his crew were one in the same; the big ol' mountain of stone, steel, and muscle standing right next to him. But it was too late at night for Isaac to really put his whole back into his sass. Besides, he'd already cleared out enough rock to cross with a little bit of effort. Anything else was just therapy by that point.[break][break]

So for now, he simply shrugged. "Sure," he said, Kiryu stepping away from the pile of stone. She shook her head, a few remaining pieces of pebble and gravel tinkling as they fell to the ground. Isaac returned her to her Pokeball, knowing that there was no way she'd fit where he was going.[break][break]

Rather than turn back the way he came, Isaac started clambering over what remained of the rock pile. It wasn't the steadiest surface to make his way across, but at least it held sturdy underfoot. "Guess you're back on patrol now, rock police. Good luck with that," he said, tossing a casual wave over his shoulder.[break][break]

He wormed his way off of the pile, now on the other side of the tunnel. His footsteps echoed slightly as he started walking down the tunnel, each echo fainter than the last. Oh dear. At this rate, Izuzmi would end up alone in the darkness!

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights