slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
cunk
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2022 22:47:56 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
dozens of hands busied by a steady workload moved to and fro, supplies handed out to those in need of them within the city of slateport. these downtrodden folks were in need of a helping hand as much- if not more- as those of higher esteem, private lines of trade allowing them luxuries few can afford.

as boxes of goods were handed out and thanks given in abound, he responded in warm “you’re welcomes” and “of courses” with a smile in tow, the chipper attitude of a man with much to offer expected from those with little to reciprocate. a similar tune was shared with the officers that aided in his relief efforts, their hands just as busy as his own.

though unlike the officers that aided him, his eyes were on more than just the citizens that gathered around; kim’s gaze locking on individuals that didn’t present themselves as other who were so eagerly awaiting their share of rations. his eyes lingered for but a brief second before returning to those in need of his attention; and for the split moment in which his back turned, they evanesce on rebound, another set of eyes honed in on them as they moved throughout their business.

it was only when he received a telepathic message of affirmation that he would begin to plan, awaiting the arrival of before he had moved into further business.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
cunk
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 14:47:22 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

[break][break]
Just a few months ago they had met over in League HQ, under vastly different pretenses. It was funny how often that'd been occurring since her rise to council. Swooping in from her rented Corviknight, the woman properly landed the flying type along the outskirts of the district's street, hopping off before returning the avian to its pokeball.
[break][break]
Ah Slateport. Just smell alone was enough reason to turn back and never return. It didn't matter what district she was in, or what bar occupied her time -- the end result was always the same. A knot in her stomach and an urge to hurl. Sighing, she knew there was nothing to be done. As the largest city within the region, it was Hoenn's hub for crime and Rocket-activity, which urged her, as a councilwoman, to offer it the attention it needed. Even if it made her bitter.
[break][break]
Turning, the reporter looked toward her partner for the name, a natural smile forming across her cheeks as she sauntered over. "I see you're having fun." A part of her felt guilty. When he initially told her about the charity work he wanted to take on, she thought it to be complete bull shit. And, even if it wasn't, she hadn't expected him to actually enjoy it. It was crazy how often people could surprise you.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
cunk
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 15:39:52 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
immediately upon the taxi landing, his eyes set upon the passenger, naturally forcing himself away from the crowd with a plethora of words to the tune of, “they’ve got you from here.” and “you all know how to contact me.” his natural and easygoing nature was for the most part expected from the crowd. these were people he had seen on his walks through the city during his term as councilman. they were his neighbors, in every respect of the word; considering he had stationed himself within slateport hq for the majority of his term as councilman.

so with a wave, he moved past them, meeting penelope halfway, towering directly in front of her as if to shield her form from the prying eyes of the crowd just behind his back.

breaking bread with these folks was a routine of mine before shit hit the fan at mach fuckin’ speed.” he says with a chuckle, his smile following naturally.

but with so much happening and no control over it, people can only default to what they can control, whether it be for the better or worse.

more and more smiling faces converted to grimaces- disdain for the man who once assured peace. though kim is no longer the blaming type, now he is one who solves problems rather than plant more to bud.

which is why penelope is here.

ready to get to it?

he waves for her to follow as he moves towards a nearby alleyway, continuing with a debrief as he moves forward.

i have a second pair of eyes keeping track of someone that i’ve been tailing for a while. they had someone show up here not too long ago, which i could only assume was them ensuring that i was still here and not snooping around. we should have a little bit of time since they just left, but who knows. best case scenario we catch them with their pants down, worst case we save a few pokemon.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
cunk
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 14:54:39 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She nodded at his words, eyes occasionally peering over to gather a glimpse of the crowd. Some looked angry -- a natural occurrence as of late -- while others, surprisingly, genuinely looked relieved to have there.
[Break][break]
Huh.
[Break][break]
"Yeah, I'm ready." A short nod broke her concentration, freeing Penelope's thoughts long enough to force her back into motion. Trailing behind the former councilman, she kept her hands slipped across her chest. As he came to explain the current state of their operations, she only continued to make short, curt nods. It was obvious he had put time into this, and well, there wasn't much more she could offer in terms of input.
[Break][break]
"Copy that. I can provide support from behind, then." Maybe not as much as , but hey, she was trying.

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
cunk
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 3:50:45 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
that’s exaclty why you’re here.” he says with a soft smile back to her.

there aren’t exactly dozens of people in the league that i trust to watch my back. hell, considering that one of them isn’t with us anymore and another is… well, completely fucked up; i’m running low on confidants.

turning his head back, his face grows just a but more sullen.

that’s why i’m hoping at the very least you and i can play nice together. maybe if this goes well the two of us can team up again in the future.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
cunk
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 4:18:49 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Was the league's situation really so dire that essentially two strangers were resorting to entrusting one another? Lips curling further into a smirk, she raised her eyebrows, half amused by the thought. "Sounds like a win-win to me," She chuckled.
[break][break]
Now, with her whimscott out behind them, they continued forward. Penelope made sure to keep close behind as they approached whatever destination he had in mind.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
cunk
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 8:51:53 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
perfect.” he says with a smile, proceeding forward while growing quiet.

as they neared their destination, a mental ping flashed within his mind, the man pausing as he inched backwards, a body shooting in front of him, smashing into the ground an inch away from its mark of garbage cans.

peering out of the alleyway they had been venturing though, kim spots their targets, the tables turned as their smuggled pokemon escaped, allowing hell to be let loose with it. a grimmsnarl in a full on rage chucked anything it could get its hairs on down the spanning street, the smugglers hiding themselves behind stoops, looking for an opening to attack.

ducking back into the alley, he bites his lip, looking back to penelope.

it looks angry. wanna go first? see if you can talk it down?

he asks partially to see if she would accept, and partially because he thinks it would be funny if she went first after saying she was the support.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,696 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
cunk
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2022 18:14:59 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Unlike Kim, who'd seen the wild pokemon with his own eyes, Penelope was running off instincts and instincts alone. And, for some reason, they were screaming not to trust whatever this sly bastard said.
[Break][break]
"Hell no," she shook her head, "like I said: I can provide support from behind."
[Break][break]
It was all that she was good for. Fighting, pokemon whispering - she'd prefer to leave that shit to her lead partner.
[Break][break]
"Good luck though. I'll be back here, waiting to help."
[Break][break]
She sealed her answers with a painfully sweet smile.

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]