golden hour [m]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 7:19:00 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaybirdy"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"] three years ago. [break]
mossdeep city.

[break][break] it felt like only yesterday that he'd been able to meet , who'd freed him from the prison that he'd dug for himself. rocket wasn't disbanded. that had been rumor. the family that jayden had thought he lost wasn't lost at all. it felt surreal — even moreso to know that there were things that he could do to help their organization as it pieced itself back together.

[break][break] his father's death still hung like a reaper over his shoulder, as much as the terrors that his shuppet gave.

[break][break] 'you're a fool boy,' a voice rang inside his thoughts, grating like nails on a chalkboard. 'if you think you can stomp all over your father's grave.'

[break][break] but it wasn't true. father would have appreciated this. it was a surprise that his father had not called upon a favor to earlier for this.

[break][break] clearing his throat and re-adjusting his tie (which still felt awkward on his neck), jayden steps forward. his shuppet disappears in a flicker of light, and the young rocket hoped he did not look at gaunt as he felt.

[break][break] "mr. de luca?"

[break][break] "my name is jayden cross. i believe you're an acquaintance of my father's."

[break][break] would have read about it in the news. the sudden death of dmitri volkov and cäcilia cross. would've seen images circulating in the news of jayden having to lower his parents and brother into a casket in the ground. the man had been invited to the funeral too, as well as several of his father's business contacts.

[break][break] though that was all the way back in galar.

[attr="class","jayooc"]recruitment: act i

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-crow"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".jaybirdy"]--accent:#8463D4;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 5px 21px 11px 1px; height:90px; width:90px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; } .luck .postbody img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody .jayooc"] width:250px; margin:15px auto 0px; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
I’m haunted like a wolf. I feed, I feed like a wolf. I’m lost and I’m lonely, I hunger for you only.
awards
290 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
golden hour [m]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 3:59:43 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

He left strict order not to be disturbed, and yet, that is what is happening.[break][break]

“Yes, what is it?” He doesn’t initially look up when he’s addressed–too engrossed in the expense reports that he’s reviewing. But after a beat, he pauses, frowning when it registers in his mind that the voice is not that of his assistant’s. It is familiar though, isn’t it? Just not in this context.[break][break]

Enzo sets his pen down with a sigh, shifting in his seat so that he can prop his elbows on his desk and steeple his fingers together. “Look, I’m not sure who granted you clearance, but I’m a bit up to my neck in paperwork here, so– oh.” When his glance finally drifts upward, he can’t help the way his eyebrows shoot up.[break][break]

Dark hair, violet eyes. Thin and sharp-angled, and severely lacking a bright green apron and visor. “Latte guy…yeah?” Enzo cocks a finger gun in his direction, clicking sound in the back of his teeth and all. “Well, this is a surprise. You’re ? I see it now– I would’ve never guessed.”[break][break]

Though maybe he should have put two and two together long before now. It is not as though he’s never seen photos of the late Volkov’s family before. Blending in, in mundane places, he supposes. He knows how to hide in plain sight–or he did, at one time when he wasn’t much more than nothing at all.[break][break]

The joking air he carries evaporates quickly, however, in favor of something more somber. “Yes, I was, though. My condolences–I would’ve attended the ceremony, but I was unfortunately tied up here.” The downside to building up The Nimbus up to what it has become is the fact that he’s become a bit obsessive. Distrusting of anyone else to maintain the civility if he were to take an absence longer than a few days.[break][break]

He doesn’t know how to commiserate with the loss the younger man suffers. He’s been on his own for as long as he can remember, an island of one. For the most part, anyway. He gestures at the seat in front of his desk in offering. “What can I do for you, then, ?”

[break][break]

| m: recruitment act i. | you got a mobile order for him, starbo boy??

[newclass=".enzo"]--accent:#b69fc7; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote b, .enzo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .enzo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .enzo blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .enzo .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
golden hour [m]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 5:12:58 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"] he'd always known dmitri's name to open doors, but there was something about standing in the hotelier's room that made things feel a bit different. colder.

[break][break] he swallowed thickly, violet eyes shifting to look up at his father's old colleague

[break][break] but the words catch him off-guard. 'latte guy?' it's only in that moment that he realizes what the other is talking about. this is the time that chooses to remember him?

[break][break] he coughs. "ah - yes." heat colors up the back of his neck, but thankfully it's hidden by the collar of his suit. "it's a part-time job." this doesn't feel like the moment to get into it -- that there had been lawsuit upon lawsuit against his father's company, that it felt like finding a needle in a haystack these days to find a place that felt like home. that he'd only managed to barely scrape by through the help of rocket's newly-formed group.

[break][break] and that was why he was here today.

[break][break] "no need to apologize," he says, with a shake of his head. "you are, of course, a successful business man."

[break][break] nerves race up his spine, but he forces himself to steel himself as he steps forward along the plush carpet towards the man. he doesn't sit. for a second, he stares at the corner piece of a desk, before looking up. "i'll get right to it, then. i don't want to waste your time, sir."

[break][break] he gives his best practiced smile.

[break][break] "have you heard? rocket has re-branded."

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 5px 21px 11px 1px; height:90px; width:90px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; } .luck .postbody img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody .jayooc"] width:250px; margin:15px auto 0px; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
I’m haunted like a wolf. I feed, I feed like a wolf. I’m lost and I’m lonely, I hunger for you only.
awards
290 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
golden hour [m]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 2:51:54 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Interesting choice for the heir to a massive pharmaceutical company,” he muses in response, thoughtful gaze resting on as if he’s some specimen to be studied. It is curious, isn’t it? Though maybe he thought he’d have a bit more time to get his legs under him before unfortunate circumstance set it and responsibility loomed overhead.[break][break]

He doesn’t ask outright, however–content to leave it be for the time being in favor of figuring out why he is here, visiting Enzo of all people.[break][break]

Enzo lifts one shoulder in a shrug of acceptance. “That I am.” His steepled fingers lace together, and while still watching the young man fidget a bit, drops his chin to rest against them. “I do appreciate the promptness, Mr. Cross.” Rather than press, he waits for Jayden to find his words.[break][break]

Then smiles back, honey-saccharine and curious.[break][break]

“So it seems. This is a good venue for overhearing the most interesting things.” His brow lifts slowly. It’s no secret that he was formerly affiliated with the former iteration, but despite the years of experience, Enzo by no means wishes to be considered old guard. He jumped ship nearly as soon as things went south. So– in one hand there is potential, and in the other threat.

Which one has been brought to his stoop today, he wonders.

[break][break]

[newclass=".enzo"]--accent:#b69fc7; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo blockquote b, .enzo blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .enzo blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .enzo blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".enzo .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .enzo .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
golden hour [m]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 7:05:09 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"] dangles the topic in front of him, like a man holding a fishing pole with a very delectable piece of gold. but that pole is hanging over a cliff, and into a very terrifying crater.

[break][break] jayden knows better than to jump down it.

[break][break] he avoids it.

[break][break] the lawsuits that litter his lineage is enough to muddle the reasons as to why he felt himself at the ends of his rope. it's only with rocket's saving grace that he was barely able to make ends meet. not that anyone else would know — or should know.

[break][break] the board was doing it's job too, after all.

[break][break] the casual nature in which responds to his inquiry is not ideal, but it is not terrible either. jayden still sees hope dangling at the end of a beaded rope; with the right words, he knows that there can be something gained from this meeting. after all, he was not his father's son if he could at least not attempt to claw himself out of a pile of ash.

[break][break] "would you be interested involving yourself in the process?" his head tilts. "you and my father were close, and i know my father would have done all he could to assist rocket in it's endeavors."

[break][break] he smiles.

[break][break] "and i, for one, would be glad to have you within our ranks, sir."

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
290 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
golden hour [m]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 1:24:52 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

Maybe the young Cross has more resolve than Enzo has estimated. He skirts the slight attempt at prying and keeps to his goal of speaking with Enzo about his agenda.[break][break]

It, at least, impresses him enough to quiet the need to continue fishing for more information on what’s going on with Wyndon Pharma in the wake of the father’s demise.[break][break]

And how it’s affected as a result.[break][break]

It could be assumed that Enzo is treating this whole visit with a degree of flippancy, and while that might not be wholly untrue, he is curious to what Jayden might offer him. He’s skeptical in the wake of the new Rocket cleaning house. He’s not unfamiliar with the rumors of what has happened to other, less accommodating members of the previous ranks.[break][break]

But he is pleased with what is presented to him, and while his chin continues to rest in the cradle of his fingers, Enzo cracks a grin. Liquid smooth with approval, but wolfish all the same. “We did work quite well together, yes. And it is a shame for Rocket to lose a valuable chess piece. I do admit, though, I’ve been wondering if an offer would be extended, and I am certainly interested.”[break][break]

At the last addition, he does lift his head. Only for it to tilt to one side in interest. “And why is that so, Little Cross? By virtue of your father’s connections, or something else all your own?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
golden hour [m]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 7:13:33 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"] standing in front of makes him feel threadbare, glued together like paper machete. there is something about the businessman that reminds him so keenly of dmitri that it hurts.

[break][break] the flippancy of his tone, the ease in which he leans into himself.

[break][break] the glimmer of a gaze reflected in his own. marbled mulberry swimming in the depths of bruised violet-blue.

[break][break] "consider this an offer extended, sir." he dips his head. "rocket is certainly interested — in new recruits, and you."

[break][break] he knows more than anything that is more than a sufficient man. he would certainly add something golden to the bronze and battered recruits that they had gathered of late. if the rats they have been picking up are like puppies caught between their tails, then the man that stands before him is a majestic wolf, unblemished and true.

[break][break] "it is true," he says, "that my father's word carries weight. even in death." something thrum's beneath his veins, like a hummingbird's wings. the thought of his father dead still seemed impossible to him — unknowable in the ways that mattered. dmitri, dead? he would've rather gambled that the ceiling crash down on them both.

[break][break] and yet, it was true.

[break][break] he'd watched them lower father and mother into the casket.

[break][break] "but i know you to be a successful man worthy of admiration." he gestures to the area around them. "your accolades are more than proof of that, sir."

[break][break] he inclines his head.

[break][break] "let me prove myself a worthy acquaintance. give me a task - any task - and i will show you that my father's reputation has not disappeared with him."

[break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
290 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
golden hour [m]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 1:17:19 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

Enzo whistles low, the sound sharp, but plummeting at the offer presented to him so easily. “Well then, isn’t this an interesting turn.” He wasn’t sure if anyone might come for him–on good or bad terms, but this seems fortuitous indeed. His old alignments may have been severed, but Enzo has always been a creature of opportunity.[break][break]

And this ladder seems as good for climbing as any.[break][break]

“Well then I thank your late father his good favor.” It has certainly helped their cause that they’ve sent along a connection to his late colleague. A smart move on their part–even if he seems a bit unsure of himself standing there in Enzo’s office like a thin reed about to be blown over when any slight breeze.[break][break]

An eyebrow arches slowly at the mention of his accomplishments–which, if he does say so himself, are no small thing. “You flatter me,” he says anyway at a false play of humility. The boy is smart. Enzo does love to have his pride bolstered.[break][break]

“Ah, ah.” Enzo holds up a hand then, and pauses long enough to push himself up out of his seat. “Do not forget, Little Cross,” he continues as he walks around the side of the desk to stand in front of Jayden. He looks down at him, smile largely benign save for the fleeting glimmer of teeth. “You are offering me the pardon here. You are not the one in need of completing tasks.”[break][break]

It’s simple advice.[break][break]

Though if he’d like to jump through hoop after hoop just to gain Enzo’s favor, well then he’s not about to stop the young man, either. Still, he offers his hand to shake.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
golden hour [m]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 7:12:04 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"] his eyes widen a fraction.

[break][break] little cross.

[break][break] the words sting, like salt dusted into old wounds, but jayden knows better than to show his hand. at least not so obviously. he forces himself to relax, to push down the emotions that threaten to bubble up inside of him —

[break][break] was his father's friend.

[break][break] he reaches out to shake the other's hand.

[break][break] "... thank you sir," he says. "for the advice. you are kind."

[break][break] his presses his tongue against the roof of his mouth; he hadn't thought this far. hadn't thought enzo would accept an offer at all, let alone from someone like him. was it really so easy?

[break][break] he doubted it.

[break][break] "if you are to re-join rocket, do you have any stipulations? i don't think you need to complete any tasks."

[break][break] his eyes lift towards the other.

[break][break] "i will do my best to make sure the process be as smooth for you as possible."

[break][break] after all, it was in rocket's best interest to employ a man like . or at least, that was what jayden firmly believed.

[break][break]

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
290 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
golden hour [m]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 1:54:23 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Mm, I’m not certain that I’m all that kind.” Still, he smiles lightly as their hands clasp in a firm shake.[break][break]

It will do him some good to regain a thread of steel in his resolve. Enzo can sense it, but there’s something in him that wavers with nerves, too. He supposes that would be the consequence of loss. The weight of a company and a legacy abruptly dropped on his shoulders.[break][break]

It would be a shame if crumbles under that pressure.[break][break]

But whatever rises to the surface, he seems to swallow back down. Enzo finds himself a smidge impressed by this– so Atlas manages to support the tilt of the earth a bit longer.[break][break]

He muses over the question asked of him, and fishes into the inside of his suit jacket for a tin of neatly rolled cigarettes. Followed by a zippo that lights the end. “Stipulations? Are you meaning to bribe me?” It’s not an accusation so much as a joke, as evidenced by the lightness in his tone and the raise of one brow as he takes a drag from his cigarette.[break][break]

“I’m sure I can’t skirt the initiation phases, that would be too easy. Proving oneself dedicated to the glory of Rocket, and all that, yes?” There’s a crooked twist to his grin, heavy-lidded as he twirls his cigarette-hand in the air lazily. There’s a curl of thin silver smoke that follows the trail of his wrist.[break][break]

Enzo’s head tilts, continually intrigued by the younger man. And really, he wasn’t that much younger than Enzo, was he? Maybe a handful of years, give or take. “I appreciate the earnestness, but what exactly have I done for you to earn it?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
golden hour [m]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 12:29:04 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"] he blinks.

[break][break] "ah — no. i don't mean —" he fumbles a fit, nervous energy racing through him at the thought of having somehow mis-stepped. he can almost feel the ghost of his father's anger radiating from a corner somewhere, threatening to strike him down like zeus' thunder. "i mean, do you have any specific demands? i cannot promise anything, but i can do my best to communicate your desires to the brass."

[break][break] he nods in accordance to enzo's words. there were somethings you couldn't avoid, no matter who you knew, but there was at least the benefit of knowing someone like jayden cross. he, at the very least, would do his best to make the transition easieset.

[break][break] which is why he's so surprised at the other's question. did he not know his worth?

[break][break] or... was this another test?

[break][break] "once you are a rocket, you are always a rocket," he said, repeating a mantra that his parents have told him time and time again. "at least — to me. and father always taught me to protect our own."

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
290 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
golden hour [m]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2022 20:08:20 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

Enzo’s eyebrows lift in tandem with the upward hook of his smile. Skittish.[break][break]

“Don’t fret, Little Cross. Only a joke.” His hand settles on Jayden’s shoulder for a brief moment. Almost a pat pat of reassurance. “Not at present, but I will think on it. There may be benefit, after all, in extending the services of The Nimbus to Rocket in a beneficial manner.”[break][break]

He will have to narrow down the details, however.[break][break]

Stepping back, he perches on the front edge of his desk languidly.
Arms folding, his legs stretch and ankles cross one over the other as he continues to observe the jittery young man in front of him.[break][break]

In truth, he wasn’t testing him. Enzo simply enjoyed picking at others. No matter how much etiquette he trains into himself, knack for pressing buttons will not fade. Even so, Enzo is a far cry from the near-feral, street savvy version of himself that Jayden likely remembers from his early boyhood days in Rocket.[break][break]

“Ah, well I’m glad someone remembers. From what I’ve heard, not everyone in the new rankings shares that sentiment.” His head tilts then, considering something that this subject brings to mind.[break][break]

“Perhaps there is something you could possibly do for me, after all.” He hasn’t spoken to in years. His departure and their falling out are a bitter taste on his tongue, and even now the wound is still a sore one. Given by someone at one time considered his closest partner, colleague, co-conspirator. Friend. In his anger, Enzo hasn’t sought him out much. But—[break][break]

“Do you suppose that safety could be ensured for someone other than myself?” It’s a stretch, even he knows that. He knows when to make a calculated gamble, though.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
golden hour [m]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 15:20:37 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"] a joke.

[break][break] his weakness. his achilles heel. jokes never settled well with him, because he never understood them.

[break][break] jayden says nothing in response to the other's quandry about new rocket. in fact, there wasn't much he knew about it either, but it didn't matter. his loyalty to rocket did, and ensuring 's loyalty to the organization was fundamental in their success.

[break][break] he would help rocket, and in this way, prove his worth once again to .

[break][break] "someone other than yourself..?" his brow furrows in thought. "i suppose."

[break][break] "it depends," he amends. "who is it?"

[break][break] a child, a spouse, a sponsor? as long as they weren't affiliated with the league, it was possible.

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

close tab

played by

lou

enzo / the proprietor
he/him
thirty-two
april 4
alto mare / sootopolis
bisexual
hotelier
executive
awards
290 posts
part of
TAG WITH @enzo
vincenzo de luca
golden hour [m]
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 2:07:03 GMT
vincenzo de luca Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","enzo"]
[attr="class","top"]

He isn’t sure how to gauge ’s silence. Whether it’s intentional, or for a lack of knowledge.[break][break]

Regardless, he is different now than he was younger. Or at least, he is in presentation. The role he’ll play in whatever group this new formation is will be different than the rocket of his younger years.[break][break]

Presently, he’s perfectly happy with that. Though, of course, he expects to be required to dirty his hands in the effort to re-establish his place. That’s simple rung climbing.[break][break]

Enzo hums low in consideration. If it’s not a guarantee, it’s a barter he’d rather not make. He’ll handle it himself, then.[break][break]

“Hm, not quite the response I was angling for.” He waves a hand dismissively, a wry smile curling the corner of his mouth. “It doesn’t matter.”[break][break]

Straightening up the slouch he’d stepped into, Enzo adjusts the cuffs of his sleeves. “I assume you’ll have any necessary paperwork or recruitment assignments sent to me later?” Back to business.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
golden hour [m]
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 16:26:18 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"] not the answer?

[break][break] fear crowds jayden's thoughts for a split second. had he messed up? had he failed? was this going to get back to that he —

[break][break] it doesn't matter.

[break][break] relief blossoms like a sapling in jayden's chest.

[break][break] "i will, " he says, nodding to the other's words. "thank you, sir. you won't regret this."

[break][break] jayden would make sure of it.

[attr="class","accent"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]