2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 16:59:09 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Personally, Angelo thought the location of the Nautica office was perfect.

It had been in a shit state when he and Skyler had brought it but their hours spent gutting the interior and installing new purpose into the shell had brought a breath of life to the old storage building.

Better still when the vibrant, joyous chaos of the Lilycove fish market bleeds through the industrial styled door.

Nestled within the beating heart of Lilycove's docks made Angelo feel all the more connected to the city with each passing day - like a local.

And his growing fondness for the Lilycove fish market vendors in particular, had seen him pause on the way to opening up the office this morning. Some of the permanent stall structures had been found this morning toppled and damaged.

I should have some tools out back,” he tells the owner of the bakery stand who'd often given him bigger portions or asked how Sammy was. “Caspian, hold it steady for a moment will you? Won't be long.

Leaving his silver Garchomp to hold the tented stall up, Angelo briskly makes his way to the Nautica office door. Eyes downcast as he fishes in his pocket for the keys.

[ VALOR: HEAL BELL ]
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 20:34:25 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

For one thing—he had to get something straightened out.

(No, it wasn’t about that, it was about something else.)

Another—he owed the two a visit—even if he did mention that he was going to stay out of their hair as far as certain meeting things were concerned.

But no, today he wasn’t approaching as a member of that, he was arriving as a Ranger (see the distinct difference) and just for old time’s sake, even broke out one of the older Alto Marean uniforms that he had from way back then.

(It was a surprise and a half they still fit even after all these years.)

He wanted to have alternate options available on the table, and seeing as how badly they needed a leg up on the waters—he decided to pay the Nautica office a visit…

With a few knocks on the door.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 21:17:40 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Nautica's office is empty and yet the desk facing the entranceway is certainly not. Left in a constant state of paperwork towers, no matter how much their poor secretary chips away at the growing pile.

(Getting someone in to man the office had been a business compromise he and had been more than willing to take. Neither were keen on paperwork or sitting still - not even if they shared.)

Flicking on the lights, Angelo crosses the small office to the back room where he'd left the tools. Still there from all the work he and Sky had done on the building to get it ready for use.

He doesn't stick around after collecting the heavy, metal box. It's simply good timing that the knocks happen just as he reaches the door, rather than when he's down the docks.

Sliding the warehouse style entrance open, blue eyes catch sight of a familiar face.

Lars?

In front of him stands the region's Head Ranger. All decked out in his official threads. He quirks a brow in surprise.

Nice uniform.” Angelo smiles, tilting his chin at the familiar design with fondness. “Not here to tell me you're ditching us to go back to Alto Mare, are you?

There's mirth on his tongue as he stands in the office doorway, box of tools in one hand. He knows they're all trapped in Hoenn's bubble, waiting to meet their doom.

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 18:50:50 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“As if anyone can get in or out of here right now, given the present situation,” he replied with an equally wry smile on his face.

“I actually came here on… business.”

Of course, hidden behind his back, held in his other hand is a paper bag. Within said paper bag is one of the last few bottles of tequila he has remaining in his stash—before it all ran out due to the supply shortage.

“I was… looking to talk some with you about your business. I come here as a Ranger—even if my uniform begs to differ the location, because holy shit I would want to go back and visit nonna sometime after this shit blows over, he added with a wistful look in his eye.

“You free today?”

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2022 11:27:35 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
You and me both.

Angelo agrees, an ache in his chest gently tugging him towards the tiny island city on which he'd been born. Where sunshine makes the mosaic  art on the walls glitter and the canals snake through the buildings like heart veins.

Still, there's little time nor want to focus on Alto Mare, when Lars has approached with the sweet promise of business.

For Nautica, homesickness falls by the wayside. Intrigue and attraction taking over with the arch of a brow. “How can I say no when you dressed up for the occasion?

Still, the toolbox sits heavy in Angelo's hand. His first task of the morning yet to be completed. He'd rather not have the owner of the bakery stand annoyed with him. He liked their bread.

I've just got to finish up somethin' at the market first.” Stepping forward, Angelo closes up shop before giving Lars a tilt of his head. Summoning the head ranger to follow. “Give me a hand? We'll be done twice as fast.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 6:42:11 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Funny how my shit still fits even after all these years,” he added with a crack, a grin.

Sometimes, one really had to go through the motions to get a sense of normalcy back.

(Which he hoped to get after this entire fucking fiasco with the meteor was said and done and they could all go back to their merry hell.)

“Oh, what’re you up to these days, if not running the business?” he inquired. “Nice place you picked out, by the way. Did Sky have a say in the location?”

He then rolled up the sleeves of the uniform he was wearing, cracking a salute his friend’s way.

“I’m free the whole day, man, I’m yours to do whatever,” he went on, prominent smirk on his features.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 19:26:21 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Lips split into a smile, his hand fondly clapping Lars's shoulder as he passes. “That's what I like to hear. Get ready to be put to work, Anderson.

As they stroll away from the Nautica office, Angelo veers left, filling the short distance from their front door to the bustling Lilycove fish market with chatter.

Fixing up the neighbourhood, apparently.” Raising the toolbox, he gives it a shake for emphasis, tools inside heavily clattering together. “But besides running the business...

Angelo sucks on his teeth in thought.

Less from attempting to conjure a satisfactory answer and more considering what he's actually willing to share with Lars.

Not a lot. You'd be surprised not much time you gotta pour into a new company. Still spending my free time getting out there though, exploring the region. Still a lot out there to see y'know. Been cooking a lot, too.

In the end, it's only surface level stuff he's willing to share but there's little guilt to be found as he waves at a familiar local as they pass.

You? I'm guessing you've been kept on your toes lately? Haven't heard from you much.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 19:45:15 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He snorted.

“It’s why I said I’m yours for the afternoon,” he began with a chuckle. “Whatever you need done, I’m here for the extra set of hands. You mentioned something about helping out a bakery, right?” he confirmed, curious.

He was always on the lookout for supporting small local businesses, and all that. There was this stall he frequently bought from not too far from the Fish Market™ on good days—and that happened to be whenever they were open!

“Don’t you have, like, word of mouth to go on? With you being a pilot and all that. Or is Sky the one in charge of that?”

At the mention of cooking, he can’t help but grin.

“…lemme guess, the Gulpin’ Green Egg sandwiches are still making their appearance when she’s in the kitchen?”

The noise of mirth that escaped him afterward.

“No wonder you gotta lay down the law when the kitchen’s concerned!”

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 19:22:20 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Lars isn't the only one who snorts. His, however, leans precariously close to being the incredulous kind.

Our client base wasn't a problem to build up. Didn't take long to inform our existing contacts and merge them under the new name.” Angelo tosses Lars a carefree wink - confident. “It was all the official paperwork we had to fill out that was the bitch. Sure you can understand, being a big League hotshot.

His smile is intentionally warm.

There were differences starting up your own company and being under the League's employment, Angelo is sure - Lars probably has to do his own paperwork, for one - but both had their procedures to follow.

He'd take his lot in life over the alternative any day.

No sign of a successful egg yet but the place is still standing, so there might be hope. Maybe. I think Sammy would rather ban her from the kitchen completely, though.

There had been a joke somewhere after his incident that he couldn't die until could cook for herself, so he's due for a long life...

With a nod, Angelo directs him to look over towards where a stall, not yet stocked for the morning rush, is leaning perilously to the side. Caspian dutifully holding the leg to keep it from crumbling apart.

This is us. Come on.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 11:03:53 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the mention of paperwork, he cringed.

“Oh, fuck, don’t remind me of the damned paperwork,” he grumbled as he made a cross gesture with his fingers as if to ward off an angry, angry beast.

“Especially when it all piles up. It’s gross.”

The moment he dropped the ball that there hadn’t been a single successful dish made by the other, he couldn’t help but snort out of mirth again.

“I pity your kitchen guard,” he cackled. “Don’t tell me she fucked up PB&J sandwiches too?”

The sight of Skyler in a kitchen was definitely—one for the ages. He could still remember that cooler that smelled like brimstone. The Gulpin’ Green Egg Sandwiches…

The moment they arrive at their destination, he stopped for a bit.

“Whoa, okay wait back up a bit.”

To nobody’s surprise, he summoned his Metagross, Ro—for good reason.

“That’s… a really oddly-colored Garchomp you have there,” he continued as the shining silver beast then used Telekinesis to help the Garchomp steady the stall’s precarious lean.

“Okay, what do we do now? Ro can hold that side up for us while we get fixing.”

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 16:24:55 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Surprise is met only with the flash of teeth, pride and satisfaction displayed without need of a deceptive smile. “Great, isn't he? Caspian here is one of those illumina pokémon. You know of them, right?

He sure hopes the Head Ranger of the region knows about the new breed that had swept the region a few months ago...

When they approach the waiting Garchomp, said dragon lets out a soft snort of impatience. It had been longer than he'd expected.

Won't be long buddy.

Angelo pats a hand against his neck. Skin like sandpaper against his labour roughened palm. Despite his quiet itch to move, he dutifully stays put for the promise of just a little while longer.

Both of the front legs got damaged, so if Caspian and Ro could keep 'er steady, we can patch them up just to get it through trading hours.

Placing the toolbox on the ground, Angelo clatters around for some tools, sea breeze drifting off the waterfront as he holds out a hammer towards Lars.

So, you wanted to talk business?

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 5:32:44 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I’ve heard of the phenomenon,” he nodded, taking note. He himself was sure of it, because he had a Rotom that had an unusual ability in and on itself—it shone brighter than usual.

Maybe those crystalblooms were part and cause of that?

The Metagross folded his legs and held the stall up with the Telekinetic power, helping relieve some of the weight from the Garchomp that looked pretty impatient.

Taking the hammer, he then reached for some nails and then nodded.

“Yeah, about that—I wanted to ask if it was possible to borrow your sea presence. Not immediately, but in the future, for when the Rangers need to move en masse and have to be at a location right at once. Look, not everyone has a flying, swimming or a Teleporitng Pokémon, and I want to have like, an alternative option on-hand.”

Turning his attention to the broken legs, he sets to work.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 18:47:09 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
There's some scraps of wood in the toolbox, leftovers carried from fixing up the hangar and the office both. Angelo stands and positions them on one of the cracked stall foundation, a tilt of his head encouraging Lars over.

Hammer these on the leg, we'll make a splint. Should see it through the day.

He holds them in place, trusting the head ranger to not drive the head of the hammer into his fingers.

As they work, the owner of this particular stall hovers near their van listening to crackling radio tunes, crates of their bread still waiting to be displayed. Angelo can smell their aroma wafting through the open back doors from here, their tempting scent making him forget he'd already had breakfast.

Smart move. Good to have all your Duckletts in a line, just in case.” Angelo's grip tightens, ensuring it doesn't jolt out of place when the hammer strikes. “Something like that definitely sounds possible.” 

If you're lookin' to transport a large body of your people and pokemon in one trip, the best bet would be the Sotally Tober. She's got the capacity and then some. I'll talk to Sky.” Blue eyes keenly watch the tapping of nails, deals sinking deeper into place to keep Nautica standing tall. “Price might vary, depending on the circumstance of what we're sailing into but I'm sure that won't be an issue for the Rangers.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 17:22:22 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Much tempted am I to freeze the wood, I know water and wood don’t exactly go too well together,” he said with a smirk as he positioned himself and got to work with the pieces of wood and the nails.

Never mind if his hammering was a bit on the off side, he knew he had to drive the nails in as deep as possible.

“Think we can swing for a replacement stand in the long run? I can cover the cost of the wood,” he offered as he was hammering nail, after nail, after nail into the wood.

At the mention of price, he then cackled softly.

Once another nail had been driven into place, he gave the other man this look.

“You think we’re still poor? Not anymore, he continued with this mysterious smirk.

(Looks like it was time to touch that.)

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 17:49:27 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
I'm sure our friend isn't going to turn down a free stall if you offered. Your money, your call.

He'd seen the man insist on footing the bill for many rounds of tequila in his day. Angelo had never thought of Lars himself as being wanting for cash.

The rangers as an institution, however. He'd heard whispers, although he couldn't guarantee their validity.

Still, it looks like the top dog ranger was dangling bait in the hopes he'd take it. Least he could do was take hold, after Lars had agreed to help him with the stall.

Also Angelo is curious for information.

Don't tell me. You're all going to start wearing advertisements on your uniforms? Got sponsored by Zapsi?” He responds with intentional playfulness, flashing Lars an encouraging look as he and Caspian hold tight to the beam.

What happened, Lars?