awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 19:33:36 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He could only cackle at the mention of advertisement patches.

He’d already hammered a few more nails in the process, and had reached for another one when he had to stop for a few moments to allow himself a few seconds of mirth.

“No, nothing like that… although I’ll admit, a great majority of the sponsorship money I’m getting because of… those things is going to the Rangers,” he continued quietly.

And yes he was talking about all of the promotions he’d been asked to do.

“Well, see, before the dome went up I got a few messages and shit from… from home,” he continued with a pointed, knowing look.

(It was definitely not Sootopolis.)

“One of the estate executors sent word that nonna had left a rather… sizable inheritance for. Well. Me.”

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 20:23:32 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Turns out the Rangers weren't getting sponsored. Instead, it sounds like their apparent increase in funds has Lars's dear old nonna to thank. On account that she may just very well have kicked the bucket.

Shit, Lars. Condolences.

They wrap up with one stall leg and Angelo takes a step back. Caspian does the same, both of them relieved of their duty with a roll of shoulders.

Think you're going to head back to Alto Mare, once all the dome business is over and done with?

If the League's plan to teleport the meteor works, that is.

[ VALOR: HEAL BELL ]
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 19:23:44 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Originally, it was supposed to be my mom’s, but she’s dead, so they passed it down to the next one in line—me,” he continued quietly.

Damn, that sobered him up.

At Angelo’s next question, he actually stopped to think about it for a while. Holding the hammer and nails with his hand, he gave thought to the proposition.

If it were possible to open a damned wormhole from inside going out, I would, he was tempted to answer, however all he answered with was a nod.

“That’s definitely on the itinerary. Dunno if you’re going to be making a trip, though—if you are, let me know? I don’t… don’t want to go back home alone.”

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 14:30:18 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
He'd been hoping, cradling it in the back of his mind like a tiny fragile bauble, that once the dome vanished he could head back to Alto Mare's shores. Angelo would ask Sky is she wanted to come with him, of course. Finally introduce her to the chaos that was his family proper, beyond the screen of a video call.

Lars, funny enough, had never been part of the equation.

Still, Angelo wasn't that much of a dick to brush the man aside when his nonna had just died and was looking for a little bit of comfort.

Sure, Lars. I'll let you know.

But he wasn't going to make any promises, either.

Maybe he could go back twice if he had the time juggling Nautica responsibilities? He's sure his family wouldn't complain.

Now. Let's get this finished up then we can head back to the office. I'll fix you up with a coffee an' maybe our friend here can knock off a discount for breakfast,” an arm reaches out to give the Head Ranger a pat on the shoulder, head tilted towards the last of their task. Angelo throws a charming smile at the owner of the stall.

One of encouragement in a million different fronts.

They'd all need to keep their heads above water in the days to come.

[ VALOR: HEAL BELL ]
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 7:32:52 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Thanks, man,” he remarked quietly as they finished up what they came out here for.

“You know my coffee order. Plain black, no creamer, no sugar,” he added with a wry smile. What other demon would drink coffee without anything else in it, just the plain, purest blackest reaches of—

“I’ll cover lunch next time we meet,” he continued as he recovered almost too quickly—but fact of the matter is that there was still something weighing him down, and this was it—he couldn’t just let this pass him by.

He was… overdue for a visit back home, really. The only home that he’d ever had, asides from this Weather Trio-forsaken region ready to blow them six ways into another reality.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,922 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
spruik [valor]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 5:50:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: