1,880 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Treasure, and Charity (Valor/Skyler)
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2022 21:20:22 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Slowly the bandaging across his body was starting to come off. Already the bandages from across his face were off as that side of his face was healed save for a few scars, but his lengthy hair hid that side of his face for the moment. Of course the charity that he was hosting was not for a while, but he was waiting for some of the things that he had asked for to make their arrival. It was a splendid day in Lilycove after all. With the destruction of 's concert hall he had to get another venue for this little event. It was going to be an auction, for those that were of a similar wealth category to him. To help pay for the damages that the city sustained during his tryst with the Elite Four member.

He hoped that Nautica would bring him some interesting items at the very least, and if not he had back ups prepared just in case. What the city did with the proceeds was of little concern to him, but he was going to be on his best behavior for the moment. At least until the next person gave him a reason not to be. So he sat in the office of the rented building, with Walter at his side. His right arm was still wrapped up, and in a sling, but otherwise he was recovering quickly.

"I suppose if Ms. Dross brings us back some good plunder, we know who to go to from this point forward." He said absently to Walter as he looked at the items on the screen in front of him. Itemizing them properly, and attaching the appropriate starting bids to them.

"She should be arriving any second, right?" He looked at the clock to his left, and stood up. Walter nodding to him, and then leading Amor out of the office towards the front of the building where they could greet their guest.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 18:02:05 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
When reality comes back into focus, Skyler's standing on the other side of the street facing a modern-looking building.

Warmth slowly trickles back into her bones in the aftermath of Dhelmise's Phantom Force. The pokemon floats silently by her side, some tendrils of kelp wrapping themselves around a big parcel while the rest dances in some unseen, unfelt ocean current.

The single ghostly eye swivels around in its wooden socket, honing in on and the man by his side. Skyler notices them only scant seconds later, recognition alighting in a silvery gaze as she immediately moves to intercept them.

"Mr Rose, I take it?" He had the right look to him, from what little correspondence they'd exchanged. Rich guy. Privileged. Distaste hid beneath a surface-deep veneer of professionalism as Skyler held her hand out to him for a handshake.

"Skyler Dross, Nautica's co-owner and ship captain." Pleasantries aren't allowed to overstay their welcome, quickly giving way to a nod towards the parcel within Dhelmise's seaweed. "Not sure if you wanna move somewhere more- private. Public avenues aren't usually suited to conducting business."

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,880 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 22:28:21 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Amor took the hand she offered to him, and he shook it easily listening to her words, a polite smile crept upon his lips as he nodded in agreement.

"Right you are Miss Dross, or do you prefer Captain Dross?" He asked curiously not minding calling her preferred title before he lead the way into the building towards the office that was in the back. Away from prying eyes, and ears. Walter ever attending his side as he sat down making sure that he mess up the bandage, and sling that was on his right arm for the moment. "I appreciate your willingness to do business with me despite it being my first time hiring you, and the like. New business ventures are often turbulent at the beginning." It was just a simple observation that he had from his myriad of previous meetings with other people.

"Regardless of all that, I suppose I'll ask the first question. What did you find? And how much are you going to charge me to take the haul off your hands." He said with a slight chuckle. "I'm afraid I only have one arm at the moment so I hope you'll only charge me a leg." It was a simple jest at his own injured status, but he hoped that it would lighten the mood somewhat. Though he had no clue as to her personality, sure he could read on her as much as he wanted but words on paper never did a person justice.

"Ah my manners, would you like something to drink? Tea, lemonade, water, or something else? A lemonade for me please Walter, and whatever our guest wants." Walter would wait to hear what Skyler wanted before vanishing to procure the refreshments leaving the pair alone for a time.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 12:19:10 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"Captain Dross," she replies, since they're conducting business and that was, technically, her job title. Formalities weren't really her thing, and Miss Dross left a bad taste in her mouth.

Dhelmise fades from existence as they walk into the building. The office proves to be sufficiently private, though a bit cramped for the ghostly anchor when it rematerializes by Skyler's side. It has to lean slightly to the side so it doesn't smash against the ceiling.

Carefully, the parcel is loaded onto the desk. The kelp tendrils leave a trail of salt water as they retreat, which goes unacknowledged by the captain.

A collection of goods spills out, and Skyler lists them as she takes them out of the box. 

"A King's Rock, several evolution stones. This is an ancient idol, though I can't precisely date it. Here, a Claw Fossil, and a Root Fossil. In that bag, you'll find several Big Pearls..."

The list goes on, each item identified with a tag as they're pushed onto the table. When the parcel is, at last, empty, Skyler crosses her arms and tilts her head. While the captain would usually have no trouble partaking in small talk, business takes precedence this time.

"Previously discussed rates apply, plus a percentage of the perceived value of each item." A pause, then. "I'd usually do ten percent, but I'll cut it to five because it's for charity." 

The offer for refreshments is swiftly declined.
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,880 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 19:56:57 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
She was all business then, he could get behind that, and he listened to each of the items that she had brought from her excursion, and to say that he was impressed was an understatement. While some of the items were a tad common, the things such as fossils, and the pearls would fetch extraordinarily high prices. Especially among collectors which was his target audience regardless. Nodding in approval as he let his eyes dart across each item almost as if he was verifying their existence afraid they might be illusions.

"I appreciate you trying to take it easy on my wallet, but I wouldn't short change you. Charity or not. The Big Pearls are obviously one of the high ticket items on this list. If we go with ten percent, that will be roughly ten thousand for each pearl easily. Though I can have Walter verify that easily enough. The evolution stones would be about five thousand apiece if we go with ten percent. As for the fossils." He furrowed his brow as he examined them. "I am unsure as to their actual monetary value, as such things are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them. Especially since they usually wind up immediately in research facilities to be revived." He said as he thought for a moment not wanting to rob her of any money that he may owe her. "Does one-hundred thousand per fossil sound fair to you?" He asked her simply, as if he was talking about spare change.

"The idol will unfortunately cause the same issue, even if we got it dated. Archeologists would say that it was priceless, but I'm sure I can get at least half a million for it. So would fifty-thousand suffice for it?" He explained trying to be reasonable, and hoping that he wasn't offending her in the slightest. "The Kings Rock....Hmmmm I think due to them not being common I could get a decent price for it. Five thousand I think for the Kings Rock." He said running the numbers through his head, and he began to calculate the rough price he was going to pay her.

"Not counting the cost of hiring you, and just the value of these items. With eight pearls, six evolution stones, two fossils, an idol, and a kings rock. That brings up the rough total to being three hundred sixty-five thousand. Do you have any issues with that sum? If not I can have it transferred to your bank of choice immediately." He said to her with a polite smile on his face.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 10:27:25 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler does her best not to let it show on her face, but the sheer amount of money being thrown her way cracks the professional visage if only for a moment. Incredulity is reflected in a slow blink, before it dives back under.

In hindsight, she should've expected something like this. She'd done jobs before for people who had more money than they knew what to do with.

But three hundred sixty-five hundred thousand? Holy fucking Arceus. That made her, and Nautica's, usual rates feel like pocket change. Which, to be fair, was perfectly okay with her.

"That's an acceptable amount." Hello, new boat. "We'll send you an invoice when you've got the final amount worked out, including our rates." There's a small pause, then Skyler leans back against the chair.

Taxes, she knew, would add an exorbitant amount to the initial price, but she figured that someone who was willing to spend hundreds of thousands without blinking an eye wouldn't mind a few dozen more.

The League better be thanking her for those resources.

Skyler would've offered to keep some of the amount under the table - the words poised on the tip of her tongue, then swallowed. Maybe in the future some trust would be established between them. For now, the full amount would suffice.

"If you don't mind me asking, Mr Rose," she starts, her serious façade melting into one of curiosity, "which causes will this charity event help to support?"

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,880 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 20:46:12 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Amor noticed it, he always did when people realized just how much money he actually had, and was willing to seemingly part with. Sure the amount might seem like alot, but when you were invested in two very successful companies that a region depended on for power, and for technology. He practically was printing the stuff, and that didn't even take into account the ventures his own company did of which he was the sole investor. The blink reminded him of a few other people that had been in similar positions to her before, and it brought a genuine smile to his lips for a brief second.

"That is perfectly fine, I'll make sure you receive the documentation promptly." And he had thought that would be it, that she would leave, but instead she sank a little further into her chair, and asked him a question he had not expected her to ask. Walter soon returned with his lemonade, and with his good arm he picked up the glass, and took a large drink from it before answering her. Studying her as he would a book. "I didn't think you would be interested, but it is a pleasant surprise." He stated before speaking once more. "There are a few. The first one is going towards 's relief efforts that she is hosting in Ever Grande. I have already donated some supplies to her, but with the sheer amount of resources needed for all those displaced people, and pokemon. And the League being busy with impending doom. I thought a little extra wouldn't hurt." He said easily.

Eva was one of the few people in the League that he thought highly of after all.

"The second charity is going towards building some affordable housing for those that have left Sootopolis since it was taken over by Rocket. While some of the populace stayed, and the city seems to be functioning there are many who left with nothing to their names in a hurry. Not to mention even more people lost more during the attack they just suffered with that strange Obsidian Creature." Amor furrowed his brow as he remembered the fight like it was yesterday. "There is to much population displacement in this region, and no one seems keen on combatting it but me." He shrugged a little at that.

"The last one is a bit personal, but the third part will be going towards restoring the Concert Hall of . There was an incident there, and I would like to help." Of course he left out the part where he was involved in said incident, but it didn't matter. Lilycove was his home as well, and he shouldn't go around wrecking it in such a way. "I do hope that satisfies your curiosity? Is there anything else you'd like to know?"

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 13:47:40 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Ugh. Rich people.

Mr Rose doesn't hesitate to launch into a description of his current charity cases, with a casualness that befits those who thought themselves benevolent beings - and, as such, above the mass of people they deigned to help. In all practicality, Skyler is all for these charity events - but something about the speech rubs her the wrong way.

The arrogance in it, maybe.

"Yeah, I was there for both Sootopolis events. The takeover and the monstrosity. Wasn't pretty, either one." Many of its previous habitants had been hastily relocated to either Lilycove or Mossdeep in the early days, welcomed into the care of local families. "Unfortunately not everyone is in possession of a fortune. Rest assured, Mr Rose, you are not the sole champion of these causes. Or of any other in the region."

The thought of it pulled her lips into a ghost of a smile - just ever so slightly mocking. "I'm sure your money is put towards good endeavors, however." Skyler glances at the office around her before fixing her gaze on the man. "If only every problem in the region could be solved in that manner."

Wouldn't that have been such a fucking happily-ever-after

"I believe our business here is concluded." Her voice lowers into a business-like pitch. "I have no further questions. You know how to contact Nautica if you ever have need of our services again. We're based in Lilycove, so it should be easy enough for you."

Skyler stands up from her seated position. "Any questions, Mr Rose?"

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,880 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 19:13:57 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
He listened to her say her piece, and while he could have kept her to argue it out, he decided it wasn't necessarily worth it. So he just shook his head, and let her leave in peace.

"Have a good day Captain Dross." Was all he stated as he sank into his chair, and relaxed. He still hadn't fully recovered from the ordeal, but that was going to be slow going. Once he managed to fully heal it would be time to take the next step. Whatever that would be.

When she left he checked the list of the people that he had sent an invite to for the charity. It had seemed that he had picked the right people for the treasures she had procured for him. These were people with bunkers who thought that after the Meteor hit, the government would be in disarray, and they could take control. So they were the vain type, and wanted this stuff to sate their egotism. Perfect prey for him. Obviously he had some of his own staff planted in the seats to drive the prices up further. Amor would break them all in one sitting, because they believed when the world was reduced to ashes they would rule over it.

Several hours later....

The auction had begun, and ended, and the amount of money Amor had gotten out of those self centered idiots was far more than he had hoped for. Of course he had planned to make them pay more than normal, but even he couldn't have guessed that their vanity was that bad. The pearls had done far better than he imagined. He had started the bidding for the pearls at one-hundred grand apiece. But it had quickly skyrocketed up to three-hundred thousand. It only made him smile. The evolution stones had done well as well bringing in eighty-thousand apiece. These people would never use them, and simply wanted to display them in cases.

The fossils however....Amor had valued them at roughly one million apiece, and the starting price was set accordingly. But thanks to the people he had planted, and the sheer vanity of the others their price had ballooned up to the three-million mark apiece. The idol as well, because it was unknown, and exotic looking had fetched an easy two-million.

Now if only all of his plans would work this well. Manipulating people with money was far easier to him than other things. So as he was taking a tally of the nights final monetary count he just chuckled.

"To easy...." Was all he said.

When all was said, and done he had managed to get ten-million eight-hundred and eighty thousand out of this idiots. Which was more than enough for the charity causes that he was going to be donating it to. So he began drafting letters. The first one was addressed to Miss Dross.

Dear Captain ,

In accordance with our hiring you, and the contract along with the fee of hiring you. We are sending you this check with the enclosed amount of $500,000. While that is more than what I told you were getting, some of the items at the auction did better than expected, and so I added a bonus. The taxes on everything have already been paid for by me. I appreciate the work you did, and look forward to future endeavors together. If there is any issue with the payment contact me immediately, or my associate Walter.

Sincerely,
Amor Alexandrus Rose

A short, and sweet letter, and so he was on to the next letter.

Dear Miss ,

I hope this letter finds you well. I have recently held a charity function, which managed to do quite well. To aid in the relief efforts you were providing when we last met, there is a check enclosed with $3,000,000. I am sure that along with the resources the League will be offering should help alleviate some of the stress. If you require any further receipts or proof that this money is indeed legitimate don't hesitate to reach out to either me, or my associate Walter. We will clear up anything with the utmost haste.

Sincerely,
Amor Alexandrus Rose

These after all didn't have to be very long. Which he was thankful for. On to the next one.

Dear ,

As I am sure who to send this too, and you are the only contact within the council that I know of who handles such things. Enclosed are two checks. The first contains $5,000,000 to go towards the HHC (Hoenn Housing Commission) to help build more affordable housing for those that may have been displaced due to the Sootopolis incident, or the Rocket take over. This money is being donated as part of charity. As I just held an auction not long ago, and it did extremely well. The Rest of the enclosed money which should be $2,880,000 is to go towards helping rebuild the Lilycove Concert Hall, which suffered serious damage as part of an unfortunate incident I was involved with.

I have kept all receipts on the charity auction, as well as a list of those who had attended if the League requires them. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Amor Alexandrus Rose

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 10:31:44 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"You too, Mr Rose. Pleasure doing business with you." The CEO is treated to a small, casual salute before the ship captain exits the premises, leaving behind the faint scent of ocean brine.

The check wouldn't arrive until a few days later. And it isn't until Skyler sits her butt down in the Nautica office, with the faint dread of looming paperwork resting over her shoulders, that she notices the correspondence. Silver eyes blink once, twice. They go over the total amount several times, squinting in the office's low light.

"What the fuck."

That evening the captain would barrel into her apartment in the Sotally Tober with the letter in hand. Her entrance is preluded by the slam of the front door, followed by a string of curses when she attempts to remove her shoes and, in the excitement, nearly falls ass over tea kettle.

Her stomping stride takes her all the way to the kitchen, from which the mouth-watering fragrance of some Alto Marean dish rises to greet her. But today, not even that serves to halt her relentless advance. would look up to see the abrupt appearance of his wild-haired wife sporting the widest of grins. The paper would be all but shoved into his chest, swiftly followed by the whole of Skyler's weight.

"Angel," she says, eyes alight with barely contained glee, "we're buying a new ship."
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights