Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Revisions [S]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 12:32:30 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]
[attr="class","zevposttext"]

The Rocket submarine's labyrinthine interior was becoming more familiar to Zev as he found himself spending more time there. What had been occasional appointments to speak with had become frequent visits to work out, chat with , and plan upcoming jobs with .[break][break]

But on that day, Zev was not looking for any of them. After checking the dormitories and kitchen area, he found his quarry in one of the training halls — not the Pokémon battle arenas but a gym for humans. The blonde man in question was huffing and puffing by the punching dummies, throwing fists at his stationary opponent.[break][break]

For a brief moment, Zev stood in the doorway and watched, mentally critiquing the younger man's movements. In the past month, had improved significantly — 'newbie gains', they were called. The boy had put on more muscle, and though his footwork still needed practice, his punches and grapples were gaining precision and swiftness.[break][break]

Satisfied, Zev stepped into the training room and walked toward the blonde. "Isaac," he called out.

[break]

[attr="class","zevpostooc"]
[break]

NOTES

Social | Zev's Outfit

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zevpost]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zevpost]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext b"]color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevposttext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800; } .zevpost .zevposttext i { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevposttext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc"]} .zevpost .zevpostooc b { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevpostooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800; } .zevpost .zevpostooc i { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevpostooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px } .zevpost .zevpostooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Revisions [S]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 14:09:30 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]With each success, Isaac flew higher. With each ascent, the fights got tougher and the fall hurt more. With each fall, Isaac had all the more reason to get back up again. And each time he did, he learned a little more.[break][break]

Training his team hadn't been enough, so Isaac trained himself. It wasn't so simple as getting stronger, however. As Isaac's body strengthened, so too did his instincts. As Isaac'd reflexes quickened, so too did his mind. As he pushed himself to endure more, jis spirit became just as enduring. The body was a means to an end. It was a reflection of the mind. They were two halves of a whole. By perfecting one, it would drag the other kicking and screaming along the way. He couldn't be the man he needed to be unless he was in harmony with both.[break][break]

Or at least, that's what those meditative audiobooks he, uh, "borrowed" from Slateport's library said.[break][break]

At the very least, they made for some good background audio as Isaac continued going at the training dummy. Crashing waves and howling winds. Gentle affirmations and tough love. Zev saying his name. Music that Isaac was at least 99% sure was not authentically Johtonian.[break][break]

Wait. What was that one part? Isaac paused in mid punch, popping his headphones out of his ears and looking over his shoulder. Okay, so Zev was actually there. That made a lot more sense than him being a strangely well-targeted guest speaker on one of these tapes![break][break]

"Huh. Didn't expect to see you on the sub," Isaac said, voice curious as he wound himself back down from his training adrenaline. "What's up, Zev?"

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Revisions [S]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 14:28:12 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

"Do you have some Pokémon with you?" Zev asked, looking around for Isaac's belongings. Besides a few other Rockets making use of the various weights and machines around them, the gym was more empty than full, and the younger man's things were likely nearby. "If not, go get them and meet me in Battle Hall C."[break][break]

Zev's command promised no room for arguments or objections. Even without the hierarchy of Rocket dictating their relationship, Isaac had proven obedient in all the times Zev had needed him, even if his methods still had that classic Isaac flair. Hiring him as an employee at Howling and training him in mixed martial arts had both been tactics to instill that sense of compliance in the younger man.[break][break]

And it was paying off.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

Social | Zev's Outfit

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zevpost]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevposttext b"]color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevposttext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800; } .zevpost .zevposttext i { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevposttext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostooc"]} .zevpost .zevpostooc b { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevpostooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800; } .zevpost .zevpostooc i { color:var(--accent); } .zevpost .zevpostooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px } .zevpost .zevpostooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Revisions [S]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 15:14:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was true. Zev had wormed his way into Isaac's life as an authority several times over now. He was his senior in the organization that ran Isaac's life. He was the first actual gainful employment that he had ever had. He was his teacher in mixed martial arts, a position he could easily remind Isaac of via physical force. And, most of all, Isaac owed him a life debt that lived rent-free in his suboncscious.[break][break]

Did Isaac know how thoroughly Zev had him surrounded? Did he understand how many of those openings he had freely given over?[break][break]

He shot Zev a quizzical look. "Huh. Thought you said that wasn't really your thing," Isaac mused. He still remembered how he, hopped up on guilt, frustration, and grief, had challenged Zev to a training battle. The man was many things, but a training battler he was not.[break][break]

Despite his question, though, Isaac still fell in line. It was just the way they were. He'd probe, because if he didn't there was something seriously wrong, but it was never to deny. Instead, it was to understand. The great game between him and Zev was unending. Each insight he could get into its inner workings was a small victory in its own right.[break][break]

Besides, he didn't want to disapoint Zev. He a monster. Isaac feared him.[break][break]

He was the monster Isaac knew. Isaac feared him less than the unknown.[break][break]

He was a monster bound by the trappings of society. Isaac could navigate him, learn from him, take advantage of the shield of decorum to protect himself from him.[break][break]

He was a monster who saq something in Isaac. The nature of what that something may be, and what he could want to do with it, chilled Isaac to the bone. And yet, in a strange sense, being able to fill such demanding standards left Isaac fulfilled. It was a triumph over everyone who said he'd never amount to anything.[break][break]

And thus, with no dissent bar his initial probing question, Isaac found himself in the training room with a belt full of Pokeballs.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Revisions [S]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 15:37:28 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

"It's not," Zev replied, "but circumstances change."[break][break]

Being able to adapt to the situation was key to Zev's survival. If he had not learned to fake being a normal person, he would not have succeeded in his early adulthood. He would not be succeeding now, connected as he was to high ranking members of Team Rocket.[break][break]

In Battle Hall C, Zev closed the door behind him and Isaac. He raised his eyes to the security camera that stared back from a corner near the ceiling, knowing he could do nothing about it, despising its presence anyway. Perhaps he could ask Mars later to wipe the tape.[break][break]

"Del Mar believes we'll be clashing with the League sooner or later," Zev explained to Isaac. He did not have to explain, but he knew the boy would trust him more if he did. "He wants all of us in top shape, including our Pokémon. And he's assigned me a… specific task. To challenge the League's gym circuit."[break][break]

Zev sighed, his normally neutral expression twisting into a scowl of displeasure. Then he looked Isaac right in the eye.[break][break]

"I want you to take this exercise seriously, but becoming stronger trainers won't be the point. The point is, I have to practice being someone else while battling. You know what I'm like from before. I can't show any of that in front of a gym leader."

[break]

[break]

NOTES

Social | Zev's Outfit

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Revisions [S]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 17:34:19 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac listened as Zev explained himself more clearly and candidly than ever before. He poured his heart out, discussing the enormity of the situation, the reality of the threats they faced, how his own deficiencies were holding him back from stepping up to the plate. How he needed Isaac's help more than ever, not just as service but as a means of helping him practice his humanity.[break][break]

Isaac heard all of this. And then he turned on his heel and walked away. "That it? Tell me when you've got something worth my time," he said, throwing a half hearted wave over his shoulder.[break][break]

Once he had turned, his dull, unmoved expression gave way to a small smirk. Would Zev just think that modicum of respect he extended to Isaac got him feeling too big for his britches? Or would he see beyond the flagrant, almost uncharacteristic disrespect, and realize that his protege was doing the same thing he always did; probe, but fall in line.[break][break]

After all, the gym challenge didn't begin on the battlefield. It began at the service counter, the documentation check, the ability for a gym leader to look a challenger dead in the eye and go 'nah, I don't think you can do this.' They wouldn't be as blunt as Isaac, of course. But they were only here to do their jobs, while Isaac was here to go above and beyond.[break][break]

Sudden. Analytical. Decisive. Had it been with guns instead of words, it'd be right out of Zev's own playbook.[break][break]

Now came the waiting game. Doubt lead to anger, and anger lead to the monster beneath the mask rearing its ugly head. Isaac had been on the receiving end of it twice thus far, once in the heat of a moment of rash passion, the other after a sincere offer of assistance. This was the first instance where he'd gone in intending to twist the knife. Would the third time be the charm?

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Revisions [S]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2022 17:54:58 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

Isaac's reaction was the last thing Zev expected in that moment, and for a second, he stared at the younger man's back, stunned. A flicker of anger ran through Zev at the sheer impudence, but then he stopped as revelation dawned on him.[break][break]

Isaac always had a flair for the dramatic. He was never going to approach a task or job with a straightforward, sensible approach. No, he was going to make it his own, brand it with his signature gimmicks. This was the same. It had to be.[break][break]

Zev put on his mask. His incredulous expression melted away into earnest passion. "Let me prove it to you!" he insisted, throwing as much excitement into his voice as possible. For emphasis, he punched his fist into his palm.[break][break]

Then he dropped the act, frowning. "Wait. No."[break][break]

Clearing his throat, he paced in a tight circle, tugging his sleeves up his forearms and adjusting his watch on his wrist. Facing Isaac again, Zev tried once more.[break][break]

"Let me prove it to you." A hand extended in offer. Less cheesy. Good. "I promise it will be worth your time, sir."

[break]

[break]

NOTES

Social | Zev's Outfit

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Revisions [S]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 2:28:06 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Thank god Zev frowned first. Otherwise, Isaac would've felt bad as he lost his ability to hold back the laughter that erupted from his gut. "Holy shit, Zev," he said, sighing a little as he recovered from the uproar. Shit, he had to wipe a tear away from his eye. "Not that it wasn't good! It was! It was, like, too good. Seeing you of all people being that sunny, how'm I even supposed to prepare for that?"[break][break]

With his victory over Isaac in the field of theatrics assured, Zev switched to a more grounded act. He reached out a hand for Isaac to shake, and even dropped a sir. Whoa, that hit different. Isaac had no idea if it was a feeling he could get used to or not. Nevertheless, he grinned, taking Zev's in his own and giving it a firm shake.[break][break]

"I knew you'd rise to the test," he said. "Most gym leaders probably aren't going to be such asshats, at least. So if you could take that on headfirst, you can handle a bit of coldness or rudeness here or there no problem." Isaac would be lying if he said he knew most of the gym leaders. However, he had to imagine that at least in their gyms most of them were on the encouraging side. It was an industry in its own right. The League wanted people to participate. They wouldn't send complete assholes out to stomp a mudhole in Little Billy's hopes and dreams.[break][break]

Briefly, Isaac thought about fucking with Zev a little more. Maybe he'd ask him for credentials and see how the man could handle being trapped in the Hoenn DMV. However, he thought better of it in the end. He already got one cheap shot in, and it was specifically handling battles with grace that Zev wanted a hand with. It was time they got this show on the road.[break][break]

Isaac crossed his arms, kicking back and relaxing a little. "Just in case, let's say challenger sends out first," Isaac said. "Home field advantage. I'll be taking this chance to give some of my newer teammates a workout, too, so don't think you're gonna be getting the same ol' Isaac this time!"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Revisions [S]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 10:34:13 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

[attr="class","zevpostpkmn"]

Under normal circumstances, Zev would have wiped the smirk off Isaac's face. But this exercise had been his specific request; he knew what it meant to entrust the younger man to be a witness to his acting practice. It was a risk Zev was willing to take. Perhaps, in the future, Isaac would trust him in a similar way, thereby stepping deeper into his snare.[break][break]

Either way, it was time to battle.[break][break]

"Don't hold back," Zev replied with a wide smile and friendly tone that softened the command into a request. Then he positioned himself at the opposite side of the battle arena and selected a Poké Ball from his belt. "Let's do two versus two singles. I think most gyms offer that option."[break][break]

Like Isaac, Zev had new Pokémon in his possession as well. For the first round, his Hydreigon emerged, her three heads snarling and snapping with hunger.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

Social | Zev's Outfit

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Revisions [S]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 14:12:38 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Safe bet," Isaac said. "Some gyms can get real weird with it. But even those are gonna have the usual 2v2 as an option most of the time." It took a gym leader with an immense amount of conviction to insist on a vision that excluded this most basic option, and enough sway with the League to get them to agree with it. Isaac couldn't think of any off the top of his head, but he was sure those exceptions existed.[break][break]

A Hydreigon was one of the most fearsome Pokemon out there. According to the Pokedex, such was its hostility that it fought itself for dominance. Unlike the harmony of a Dodrio, one of its heads as a Zweilous withered away into a mere hand after tasting defeat. It was a very Zev choice.[break][break]

And standing against it now was a unicorn with a bad case of RBF.[break][break]

The Galarian Rapidash shook its mane out as it emerged from its Pokeball, glaring daggers through his opponent. "Zev, meet Charles. Charles, Zev," Isaac said, as if introducing the two to each other at a social function. "Why don't we heat things up a little to kick this off?"[break][break]

A ball of vivid pink flame formed at the tip of Charles' horn, the Rapidash launching it towards Zev's Hydreigon with a toss of his head. If it made contact, the Mystical Fire would not only sear the dragon, but also burn away at its very essence. Any energy-based attacks it may have known would be weakened.[break][break]

Hydreigon were notoriously flexible Pokemon, savage in melee yet destructive at a range. Isaac studied Zev's reaction carefully, as if hoping for a tell as to what fighting style his Hydreigon favored.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Revisions [S]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 16:19:40 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

Zev had done his research. Dark and Dragon were both weak to Galarian Rapidash's Fairy typing. Yet Isaac's Pokémon — Charles, he'd said — started with MYSTICAL FIRE, not the first attack Zev would have guessed.[break][break]

The ball of flame hit home. Fire licked over Hydreigon's body, searing her flesh. She screamed in a chorus of agonized voices.[break][break]

In previous battles, Zev watched the battlefield with laser focus, his entire body tense as if he himself were fighting. But as this battle unfolded, he split his attention. One half remained keyed into the two Pokémon as they clashed, while the other half ran constant analysis on himself. Where was he holding his tension — in his shoulders, his fists? How did the muscles of his face naturally fall? He let his brow furrow slightly as a show of concentration, but he would have to be careful his expression did not deepen into a scowl.[break][break]

With an air of careful focus, Zev whistled, a single note, high and sharp. A command.[break][break]

Hydreigon's shriek turned into a bellowing roar as all three heads unleashed their own ranged attack: HYPER VOICE.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

Social | Zev's Outfit[break][break]

TL;DR:[break]
- Hydreigon is HIT.[break]
- Hydreigon uses HYPER VOICE.

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=".zevpost .zevpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]6EU4FzQp
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Revisions [S]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 17:07:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Zev whistled, and the Hydreigon carried the tune. It seemed that Isaac had indeed made the right bet; this Hydreigon was favoring blasts right now, even as the Mystical Fire ate away at their potency. That told Isaac that up close and personal was the place to be right now.[break][break]

The soundwaves washed over Charles, the Rapidash wincing as he fixed a glare on his foe. Even dampened like this, the attack still stung, its concussive force causing Charles' mane to bristle out in every direction. Despite this, Isaac seemed confident. "Push on through!" he said, ready to bring this battle into some CQC.[break][break]

Charles shook the daze off, lowering his head as he galloped towards the dragon. The only thing this scene was missing was a gallant knight, but Charles didn't need one. He had a lance of his own, and it was a horn on his head the length of a human arm. The horn glowed, brighter and brighter with each hoofbeat.[break][break]

Then, with an audible shine, it extended. Charles had broken into a full gallop now, aiming to pierce the dragon with what could only be described as a Megahorn.[break][break]

It was okay if Zev's focus was split. Isaac's, too, was in two places at once. He couldn't help but watch as Zev recalibrated himself, time and time again, as if trying to find the proper recipe for human concentration. His fists clenched and unclenched. His shoulders rise and fell. His jaw set and loosened. His brow scanned up and down, trying to find a proper resting place on his face. These gestures normally came so easily to Zev, but those were in situations that Zev had long ago made his own. Battling wasn't that. Was this what Zev was like before his practice set in?[break][break]

It was the biggest peak behind the curtain that Isaac had ever gotten.[break][break]

a2ObgzCk

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Revisions [S]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 17:59:34 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

Unfortunately for Hydreigon, the Rapidash's MEGAHORN dealt a devastating blow. She screeched in pain, toppling over.[break][break]

"Hang in there, Hydreigon!" Zev yelled, testing how the encouragement felt on his tongue and sounded in his ears.[break][break]

He paused for a moment, thoughtful, then began to pace. More quietly, he repeated the same phrase a few times, changing the emphasis across the words, the levels of desperation, the strain of urgency. "Hang in there, Hydreigon."[break][break]

Without waiting for more orders, his Pokémon staggered to her feet and rushed the Rapidash in a BODY SLAM. Zev watched out of the corner of his eye, even as he continued to rehearse the line, throwing in some gestures to make the act all the more believable.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

- Hydreigon is HIT.[break]
- Hydreigon uses BODY SLAM (30% paralysis chance). If the roll is 30 or below, it succeeds.[break][break]

Pk2cpfA|

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Revisions [S]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 18:58:38 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]When Zev had all the cards, it was easy to perceive him as a dangerous sort of monster. When he was in charge, his understanding of what made people tick meant he could wrap them around his finger effortlessly. Hd'd use them for everything worth while they were ignorant of the danger he truly posed, and if any dsred to cross him . . . well, he sure as heck didn't live to bartend.[break][break]

This was different. Something about the way Zev repeated the same phrase, over and over, trying every pace and inflection he coukd reminded Isaac that inhumanity was a two way street. How much harder than anyone else did Zev have to fight just to stay afloat like this? What was his life like before he became the charming master manipulator he was today? What would happen if, all of a sudden, that was torn away from him and this was all that remained?[break][break]

Normally, Zev inspired a mixture of fear, revulsion, and awe in Isaac. Today, he could only feel pity.[break][break]

"You're doing great. C'mon, hang in there," Isaac said as Hydreigon slammed into Charles. His voice was warm and gentle; was it even Charles he was speaking to, at this point? His brow knit a little with concern, especially as the Rapidash's body went rigid. It seemed the Body Slam had left him quite dazed.[break][break]

Nevertheless, focus shone in Isaac's eyes. Even as his concern clouded his mind, he never stopped surveying thd battlefield for advantages. "Don't try to move. Just lean into it and release," he said. The paralyzed Rapidash leaned forward, hooking his head ever so slightly around the Hydreigon. Horses, obviously, couldn't grapple, but at least this clinch left a horn pointed behind Hydreigon to deter it from moving.[break][break]

As Charles leaned into his foe's slam, his entire body began to pulse a vivid pink. Even when he was too stunned to properly aim, a point blank Dazzling Gleam was easy enough to hit his mark with.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
Revisions [S]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 23:28:42 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zevpost"]

The Rapidash's DAZZLING GLEAM was too much for Hydreigon. She collapsed on the floor of the arena, unconscious.[break][break]

Zev anticipated the seething fury that lanced through him at his Pokémon's defeat. It was exactly the reaction he sought to wrestle into submission. Internally clamping down on the feeling as it rose within him, he redirected the energy into another emotion, the most alien of them all.[break][break]

Caring.[break][break]

"You did well, Hydreigon," he said with false gentleness, pulling on countless past experiences with his employees at the bar, with his neighbors, with strangers. The Pokémon withdrew into her Poké Ball in a flash of light.[break][break]

But before Zev released his next Pokémon, the mask fell for only a moment. "Isaac," he said, his voice possessing all the familiar cold indifference the blonde knew well, "I'll lose this battle on purpose. Still, don't hold back. Continue as if this were a real fight."[break][break]

With that said, his Nidoking emerged from his Poké Ball and unleashed a scattering of TOXIC SPIKES across Isaac's half of the battlefield. The Rapidash, still paralyzed, could only watch as the Nidoking then launched a powerful HORN ATTACK.

[break]

[break]

NOTES

- Hydreigon FAINTED.[break]
- Nidoking uses TOXIC SPIKES and HORN ATTACK.

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]