Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POLLO TROPICAL
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 4:11:28 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Mixing casualty with business is a subtle art that only a few have truly mastered. And, if someone were to ask Penelope, she'd say she was one of those gifted few, well versed in cozying up to her coworkers with cute cups of tea and chatter, all while siphoning pieces of information when they least suspect it.
[break][break]
Fortunately, today wasn't one of those days.
[break][break]
Plates of food flowed into the emptied conference room, occupying the table with bowls of rice, beans, and an assortment of toppings, all while Penelope kept to the side, awaiting her guest to arrive.
[break][break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POLLO TROPICAL
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 17:30:50 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Melodypog3"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Melodypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-subtitle"]
If it’s war that you want then you got it. If it’s pain well I brought what you need.

[attr="class","Melodypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-icon"]

A shiny little corslo waddles across the floor as melody walked behind her to ensure that the Pokémon didn't get into any mischief. [break][break]

She enters the room, spotting all of the food that had been prepared for them. "Woah." she says as Corsola immediately waddles over to try and climb up onto the table. She rushes forward, scooping the delicate little Pokémon into her arms. "control yourself you little rat." [break][break]

She warns, chastising her pokemon for being too hasty. "Sorry about that, she's very food motivated." she says extending a hand towards the woman "I'm Melody, Melody Miro. You're council woman Penelope I assume right?"

[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Melodypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Melodypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Melodypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Melodypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Melodypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#ffa8cc;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Melodypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Melodypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Melodypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Melodypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Melodypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#ffa8cc!important; }.Melodypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Melodypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Melodypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Melodypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Melodypog3-post i { color:#72b4ff; }.Melodypog3-post b { color:#ffa8cc;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Melodypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Melodypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Melodypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#ffa8cc;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#ffa8cc!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POLLO TROPICAL
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 3:25:02 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

It'd been about two weeks since her rise to Hoenn's council, and since then, Penelope had been working her ass off to shake every hand, smile at every coworker, and generally acquaint herself with the entire facility. So far, she had already hit a few names on her extensive list, including two out of the three remaining elite 4 members.
[break][break]

, , one way or another, the woman already had the pleasure of introducing herself to the other two. Melody was the last on her list, which was why she sent a friendly invitation earlier that morning.
[break][break]

Let's eat lunch together :) meet me in the conference room at 1:00pm.
[break][break]

When the woman arrived, Penelope was immediate with her movements, shooting up from her seat and moving around the table over toward the door.
[break][break]

"Don't worry about it, there's plenty to go around." Mostly because Penelope carried her habit of overordering with her to the league. No matter. Smiling, she reached out her hand. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Melody. As you assumed, I'm , the newest councilwoman-- man, I can't wait to stop saying that," she let out an easy chuckle. This had been, what, the 20th introduction that week? It was enough to make anyone grow mad. "C'mon, take a seat."
[break][break]

With one hand wave, she gestured over to the unoccupied space before slipping herself into one of the chairs. "If I didn't get what you like, I'm sorry. I ordered a bit of everything just to be safe."
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POLLO TROPICAL
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 17:10:52 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

If it’s war that you want then you got it. If it’s pain well I brought what you need.

She joins penny's chuckle as she wanted to try and relieve any kind of tension either of them may have tried to hide away.She glid her way over to the chair that penelope gestured towards. "It's alright, these days I'm not really sure what I do enjoy or not when it comes to food. Recent events have me...relearning who I am to put it lightly." she says as to not give away too much. She was sure Penelope was already informed of melody's past situation. [break][break]

Melody takes a sip of the water on the table as she gave some of the water and poured it onto corsola as the little pokemon thoroughly enjoyed absorbing water through her skin. "I will say, I am impressed with you already. In all my time being Elite 4 none of the council ever summoned me to meet one on one." she says as she places the glass down onto the table and her eyes flick back over to penelope. [break][break]

"Well fern invite me to a lunch date when I was a gym leader but that doesn't count." she says as fern didn't really get to meet the REAL her.

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.Melodypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Melodypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Melodypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Melodypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Melodypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#ffa8cc;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Melodypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Melodypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Melodypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Melodypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Melodypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#ffa8cc!important; }.Melodypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Melodypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Melodypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Melodypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Melodypog3-post i { color:#72b4ff; }.Melodypog3-post b { color:#ffa8cc;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Melodypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Melodypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Melodypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#ffa8cc;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#ffa8cc!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POLLO TROPICAL
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 1:44:47 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The councilwoman's eyes softened to her words. Among the piles and piles of onboarding, she already had the pleasure of sifting through, Melody's revealed backstory was tucked between random council meeting notes and a recipe for smoked Slowpoke Tail. Penelope, more than the others within the council, she assumed, understood what it was like to live under a restrictive mother's thumb. For years, she felt like a prisoner within her own body, dancing and moving to the beat of her mother's whims, never once asking herself if this was what SHE wanted. The shadows of those shackles sometimes solidify in her own mind, like deep scars scattered across her mind. They might've been physically free from their tormentors, but how far did that freedom extend to?
[break][break]
Penelope swallowed down these unchecked emotions with a smile. "Of course. More than anyone else, we'll be the ones having each other's backs." Through war against sea!hoenn, the media, and rocket themselves -- without some level of trust, the league would whither into nothing. Both fortunately and unfortunately, Penelope wasn't naïve enough to extend this arm of trust to everyone. Not everyone could be trusted, not even Melody to some extent. But, from what she's seen and read, this elite 4 member were one of the few pillars of justice left.
[break][break]
"More than anything else, I want us to be able to trust each other." Her hands slowly move toward her empty plate, pushing it up to the bowl of rice and beans. A spoon full of each was plopped into it, as well as a handful of corn, peppers, onions, and tomatoes. "So! Lets start wit--" Introductions. Fuck. That wouldn't work, would it? How do you even get to know someone who doesn't know themselves? "So how's work coming along? I'm not too familiar with the standard workday of an elite 4 member, but I'm sure it's interesting enough, right?"
[break][break]
Talking about work wasn't typically her go-to during lunch, but alas, it was the easiest, causal topic her brain could come up with.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POLLO TROPICAL
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 1:45:49 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

Trust was an ironic word to her, the only one she really trusted was at the moment. [break][break]

It was broken too many times, maybe Penny could reforge something that was shattered into such tiny pieces? "I find my trust slowly dwindling in the league with each day." she replies. [break][break]

"Not towards you obviously. You haven't done anything to warrant such a thing. But given the recent meeting, my spat with matias, now my concert hall being in tatters. Trust isn't really a luxury I can afford." she says awkwardly as despite her not wanting to make the conversation awkward. [break][break]

She scoops the same foods that Penny does, same portions and everything since she had no idea where to even start, so someone else deciding for her was easy and well, natural. [break][break]

"As of late my duties have just been preparing for the meteor. Stopping people from committing crimes just cause they think since 'the world is ending', preparing the areas that were selected in the last meeting...essentially im just an elite soldier." she says as she had been working overtime as of late and it was weighing on her. [break][break]

"What do your duties look like?" she asks trying to yoink some of the mango cubes for herself.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POLLO TROPICAL
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 4:06:53 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope's lips naturally fell to a frown. She couldn't blame the woman -- even as an outsider, she could always smell the constant bullshit the league was cooking up. With natural destruction upon the horizon, these matters only seem to worsen, especially as competing egos take it upon themselves to figure out a "solution."

[break][break]
"Ah, my work is much more bureaucratic." She fixed her lips into a smile. "I typically start my days with the massive amount of onboarding I'm still expected to get through, then I move onto current events, then meetings like these." The list could go on and on. "And now, with valor already being put into progress, I'm trying to squeeze in time to visit our ranger bases and gyms. I don't want to give off the impression that I'm just sending people off to work, while I hide behind my desk, y'know?"

[break][break]
She wanted to be the people's voice. The person they could reach out to when worry wrung up inside their stomachs. Without going out, without building that foundational level of trust, how could she ever expect them to take those steps? Sighing, she sets down her fork, suddenly feeling a little less hungry.

[break][break]
"Melody," she began, amber eyes flicking upward to reach hers. They were softened by the genuineness of her words. "From your perspective, how could I help the league regain your trust. " It was a heavy question to ask -- especially now. She knew that. But... "I understand things have been shaky lately-- believe me, I've read the reports -- but I want to change that."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] @charname [break]

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POLLO TROPICAL
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 1:08:45 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

Her face was empathetic. Everyone was going through it now a days, especially with the meteor's arrival causing more and more issues with each second that ticked by. [break][break]

Time was of the essence, so why did penny care at the moment how Melody felt? [break][break]

Corsola tensed up however as she felt Melody's unease upon Penny asking her such a difficult question left her frozen. Did she genuinely care about having Melody's trust? It would be beneficial for a councilwoman to have an elite 4 member in her pocket, especially when she was a new wild card. "I-" she says trying to stall for time to actually think of a response. [break][break]

She places the bowl of rice down as she had to give a response eventually. "I'm- That's a very difficult question to answer. I'm extremely sure the leak of info was from the council regarding . On top of that, despite the fact I chose to forgive matias cause I cant afford to be angry with him at the moment. , with the council's agreeance im sure, only slapped Matias on the wrist because he actually found Groudon." [break][break]

She pauses, suddenly losing her appetite for a moment as she places he fork down next to the bowl. "The worst part of it all, is what his actions imply. It doesn't matter what we do as long as we provide results, correct? did an x-ray of my Relicanth before it died. He told me the crystals could be removed with a chance of sparing Relicanth it's pain and suffering from the crystals growing INTO his organs. However I never even got to make that decision on to proceed with that surgery or not cause Matias thought it be better to back stab a friend for his own benefit based on a fucking WHIM. He had NO idea his plan would work." she says growing angrier as she was for all intents and purposes still upset. [break][break]

She clears her throat as she realized she lost herself for a moment. "I understand you had nothing to do with it, so my anger isn't directed at you but the league as a whole. If we're willing to sacrifice Pokémon for our own glory. What separates the league from Rocket? I'm not sure if my trust can really be restored."

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POLLO TROPICAL
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 4:58:43 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope couldn't blame Melody for how she felt. From everything she's read, and from everything the gym leader had just sputtered out, it was clear there was a general disconnect between the praises the organization sang and the actions they truly ended up rewarding. Even as an outsider, far before her ascend to the council, Penelope could see glimpses of this, through the inconsistencies and lies and constant diversions their PR would toss-up.
[break][break]
Back then, she sought to discover those glimpses of instability and tear them open for the public to see. Then, the change would be mandatory. A requirement to keep the public's trust. Now, she had to do the opposite. Starting now, in this room, between herself and one of the league's last pillars of hope.
[break][break]
"I understand that, I really do." She nodded, brows furrowed, lips turned downward, "Honestly, I hold similar sentiments."
[break][break]
"I've just never been a ends justify the means kinda girl, though. "
[break][break]
It was something she once said to while chasing after that mask-wearing rocket. She wondered if that still held true, and if so, hard far was she willing to go to protect those moralities. Not that she could afford to divulge those doubts right now.
[break][break]
"But that's why I joined Council: to ensure accountability for the league." The leak, , everything. "Without it -- like you said -- we're no different than Rocket."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POLLO TROPICAL
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 23:46:26 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

"I'm surprised you're so passionate about helping me." she answers honestly as Melody takes a bite of the food she served herself. [break][break]

She lets the awkward silence hang in the air for a moment as she chewed her food and swallowed, refusing to speak with an open mouth. " told me im gonna start being seen as the problematic one. I had a hand in rayquaza's injury, I got in trouble, I got in trouble." she comments as her fork moves around her plate, mixing up the rice and beans together. [break][break]

"So why try to invest in someone who's seen as incompetent? He wasn't exactly wrong." she asks as Melody had been wondering this entire time if Fernando was right. It had been burning a hole in her mind, she wanted to deny his logic but that tiny voice in the back of her mind known as anxiety continued to rear it's ugly head.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POLLO TROPICAL
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 3:48:01 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Shoveling a scoop of rice and beans into her mouth, the woman could only muster up a smile as she chewed. Only after Melody aired out her thoughts did she swallow it all down, brows now furrowed and lips twitched downward.
[break][break]

"You? Problematic?"
[break][break]

The thought nearly evoked a chuckle from the woman.
[break][break]

It was indisputable that councilman knew far longer than Penelope has. And, of course, those shared experiences would far triumph the research she'd done prior to her appointment.
[break][break]

But still...
[break][break]

"From my perspective, you're far from the 'problematic one' within the league."
[break][break]

From AQUA to the ranger's rambunctious meeting, it was clear the organization had more than a few personalities to worry about. While Melody might've had a hand in the most recent reports, out of everyone Penelope had come in contact with, shewas one of the few pillars the councilwoman felt that she could return to if something were to happen. That's why she was even here, after all.
[break][break]

"Actually, if I'm being honest, before my appointment I was highly critical of the league. I still am, in some ways."
[break][break]

She took a brief pause, lips settling back into a smile.
[break][break]

"But you were one of the few people that kept my faith in the league alive."
[break][break]

[break]
[break]
[break][break]

Throughout her time spent reporting on Hoenn's crazy ups and downs, those were the names she'd always relied on to display a positive image for the organization. To provide hope to those without any. Without people like them, even she might've succumb to the blanket notion that the league was corrupt from the inside out.
[break][break]

"I'm passionate about helping you because it's obvious you care so much. More than anything else, I want to use my position to ensure people like you -- people who actually care about the citizens of hoenn -- aren't snuffed out by the constant storm of bad news slamming this region."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,233 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POLLO TROPICAL
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 3:52:50 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

She stayed silent, Penny moved her[break][break]

She didn't know what to say, she felt like penny was being genuine with her. A tear showed up in her face as she smiled at her food, unable to look penny in the eye. "You know, it's funny." she admits to her. [break][break]

"I used to be praised all the time, for my music, for being pretty, superficial things. Ever since I announced my break from music and things took a turn for the worst with the concert hall I've gotten nothing but hate." as she takes a moment to wipe her face with the napkin on the table. "But hearing a genuine compliment, someone actually finally acknowledging that im not just a pretty face..that I actually care about hoenn..makes me really happy." she emphasizes. [break][break]

"If you want to help me, I need your support in the future...I..I don't see any of this turning out well for me despite the fact it's not my fault. already told me that people are going to try and spin this tale. Your help dealing with that situation will earn you my trust." she says giving penny the answer to her question from earlier.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POLLO TROPICAL
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 17:36:27 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope's lips were pressed into a firm line as the songtress explained her distress. Frankly, Fernando wasn't far from the truth. As someone spawning from the media herself, she knew better than anyone the hunger to uncover the next big hit, even if it meant destroying the career and hardwork of another. The League's current image issues only added to problem, as whoever would go through the lengths of spinning a tale and reducing someone's career to a singualr mistake would definately feel vindicated in doing so.
[break][break]
Penelope sure as hell know she did. Fuck the league, her and her colleagues would say.
[break][break]
"Of course. More than anyone else, Melody, you have my support."
[break][break]
A strong sentiment -- but during trying times, without trust, there was nothing.
[break][break]
"And I hope I'll come to have yours as well."
[break][break]
Finally settling back to a small, placid smile, the councilwoman scoouped up another handful of rice and beans and shoveled it right back into her mouth.

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights