he/him
september 14
fight area, sinnoh
bi
ranger
cadet
20 height
20 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
43 posts
jacob kim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jake
jacob kim
knock knock [m]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 18:56:04 GMT
jacob kim Avatar
he sits idly in the lobby, hands tapping his thighs as his legs twitch rhythmically in accordance to the song stuck in his head. the call of his name gets him to stand up from his seat, beckoning him to a room just across the hallway.

a door greets him. he gives a knock, reading the name on the door before a voice calls him in. tam fawley, it reads.

as soon as he's allowed entry, the doors creak ever so slowly. jake peeks his head in first, making sure the person if interest is inside, before going in.

"oh, uh, good morning, sir!" he nervously greets. "i'm here for the interview. i talked some stuff over with your secretary. they seem nice."

he holds his resume, alongside other necessary paperwork, on a folder clutched close to his chest. despite the pressure of being away from home independently for the first time being present, he gives a smile at the would be interviewer.

close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
knock knock [m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 4:58:36 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

The door opens and a head peeks through it, causing the Yamper that had been peacefully napping in her usual corner to perk up and joyfully bark up at the stranger.
[break][break]
The pitter patter of tiny paws upon the office’s tiled floor dutifully follows, and when enters and introduces himself, the first to greet him is the Puppy Pokémon – curious as to who this stranger might be.
[break][break]
"Clover, let him be." Her presumed trainer, the blond who sits at the desk, isn’t nearly as enthusiastic. He looks… unimpressed? Or, well, more like unfazed. Maybe he’s just not a morning person. The mug of coffee bearing the Minor League’s logo is as if a telltale sign of this.
[break][break]
”Hey. You can just call me Tam.” He starts off, not for the sake of the recruit’s nerves but because being called ‘sir’ has always felt strange. ”Have a seat.”
[break][break]
He takes the paperwork, giving the resume a look while waiting.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Commitment: Act I 🌟 (REPEAT)

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twt2] --accent: #688592; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 11.5px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

jake
he/him
september 14
fight area, sinnoh
bi
ranger
cadet
20 height
20 height
awards
43 posts
jacob kim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jake
jacob kim
knock knock [m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 5:31:17 GMT
jacob kim Avatar
he looks down at the yamper, wondering if it was acceptable to have pokemon out of their pokeball here. they weren't a problem back home, but he played it safe for now.

his eyes still follow the pokemon even as he walks to his seat, taking small steps as to not accidentally step on the pokemon's foot. eye contact with the yamper breaks only when he actually sits.

facing tam, he swallows as he smiles, watching him read his resume.

he's unsure of what to do. protocols weren't clear, especially since he previously had everything proceeding without much interference before. he had his connections with various people do everything for him, even most of the work concerning his passport for travel

this trip to hoenn brings him to a start with zero social links, however, so he's clueless on how normal people do it. he sits quietly, smiling, as he waits for further instructions.

close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
knock knock [m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 5:52:48 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Clover – or as is her full legal name assigned by members of the Slateport squad: Dame Clover Cottonbottom – is actually the current mascot of Slateport HQ, and as such, she gets to wander around the building as much as she pleases. In fact, if Jake were to look to his right, he would see the poster on the wall which is clearly just a bunch of pictures of her. ’ art project.
[break][break]

[break]
At least she lets Jake be as soon as he takes his seat, and it’s with one last enthusiastic bark that she goes back to her dog bed to lie down and watch the interview as if she also were here to judge the potential trainee.
[break][break]
It’s only then that Tam looks up from the paperwork.
[break][break]
”Jacob, right? Why Hoenn? Most people kind of avoid this place these days.” He should have known the question would come, and it does with a just so slightly quirked brow. But, perhaps Jake would notice the clearly Unovan accent of his interviewer. Tam has his own reasons for having moved to Hoenn.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 11.5px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

jake
he/him
september 14
fight area, sinnoh
bi
ranger
cadet
20 height
20 height
awards
43 posts
jacob kim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jake
jacob kim
knock knock [m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 6:08:37 GMT
jacob kim Avatar
the poster exist, and jake stares at it.

he must be proud of his child's work, he muses to himself.

his attention is taken back when tam speaks.

"oh, i wanted to help out with all the bad things happening on hoenn, sir!" he quickly follows up. "tam!" there's a need to correct himself since it's only respectful to follow the appropriate name he has been told to refer to him as.

it wasn't exactly false, but since he has no backup plan, he goes for the approach he has practiced in the mirror for the longest time.

"if i'm going to explore the world, i thought i might as well go to where i'm most needed. in these dark times, it's important for everyone to help each other!"

eyes stare at him, almost sparkling.

close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
knock knock [m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 6:26:33 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Jake is not entirely wrong there, honestly. Sure, may only be two years younger than Tam, but, well… mental age may tell a completely different story.
[break][break]
Anyway! Back to the interview.
[break][break]
All the bad things. Tam echoes, and he could argue that there’s a shitton of bad things happening in Hoenn. Everyday. Constantly. Like… Just about everything. This kid must already know that, though. Otherwise, why would he move to Hoenn right after Necrozma’s attack? Tam doesn’t believe anyone is capable of being that oblivious.
[break][break]
”And you want to become a ranger because you want to help, then? Not many people do… A lot of them just want the job to have a stable income and benefits and what not.”
[break][break]
His own reason had been different. Tam just thinks that pokémon are much easier to deal with than people.
[break][break]
Too bad that now he’s a captain, and as such, he’s stuck dealing with people.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

aero

jake
he/him
september 14
fight area, sinnoh
bi
ranger
cadet
20 height
20 height
awards
43 posts
jacob kim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jake
jacob kim
knock knock [m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 6:50:09 GMT
jacob kim Avatar
it's like he called him out. jake scratches the edge of his chin as he feels compelled to add a comment right after.

hehe, it's also because working at hoenn seems exciting," he sheepishly admits, but not before backing up right away, "but that's besides the point!"

with this early in his life, jake can afford to take risks and pursue his passion of seeking adventures whenever the opportunity presents itself. it just so happens that hoenn was the goldmine for such experiences.

"i just want to tell you that i'm not in it for the money, i promise! i'm sure that's the case for everyone when i read somewhere on the internet that hoenn's rangers aren't paid enough."

he did his research on the region before moving in after all. the people he got his recommendation letters from all denied it while still dissuading his trip, but the people on the internet must be more right since they live on hoenn, right?

close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
knock knock [m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 7:11:33 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tam nods, because that much he can understand. He’s someone who values honesty, and as such, he prefers knowing people’s real reasons to want to become rangers instead of just hearing the usual speech about helping the environment.
[break][break]
Granted, he also cares about things like those, but in his experience, that care becomes primordial later rather than sooner for most rangers – after they join the force.
[break][break]
”Yeah, I was a ranger in Unova before coming here. Hoenn is much more interesting.” He gives an admission of his own, because yes, the constant trouble is the reason why he too had moved to the region. To help, but also because of the excitement.
[break][break]
”And, also yeah... Ranger pay isn’t the greatest given the kind of shit we deal with.” With this admission, there is the slightest of smirks for a second there. ”To become a ranger you first have to go through training, are you ready for that? Any questions?”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

aero

jake
he/him
september 14
fight area, sinnoh
bi
ranger
cadet
20 height
20 height
awards
43 posts
jacob kim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jake
jacob kim
knock knock [m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 9:51:53 GMT
jacob kim Avatar
"of course i'm ready," he answers.

as for questions, however.

"is there some kind of timeline before i get to be on the field?" he asks. "or is it just a few tests that i can take anytime that i need to pass before i can get on asap?"

there's no arrogance, but simply rush, in his words. he's clearly excited as evidenced by the certain tunes in his expression anyone who vaguely has a clue in reading faces could take note of.

jake goes further to the edge of his seat as he awaits an answer.

close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
knock knock [m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 11:34:00 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Reaching down into one of the drawers of his desk, Tam gets the form for Jake to fill so his enlistment can be made official – recruitment meetings like these clearly being nothing new to the ranger captain. There’s always so much paperwork with this sort of thing.
[break][break]
”Hm... There’s a training program, a manual for you to read and memorise, and exams. A lot of the training is done out in the field, though, and you’ll also be given tasks while still being a trainee.” Simpler tasks of course, but tasks nevertheless. It’s as if a ranger’s work starts the moment they sign up.
[break][break]
Tam offers the forms to Jake.
[break][break]
”Manual’s the worst part, but most of it is pretty… intuitive.” It’s like he forgot the word there for a second. Fancy words bother Tam. His expression is as calm as ever when looking at the new recruit, though. ”You’ll do fine. Just make the most out of your training and have fun.”
[break][break]
Have fun.
[break][break]
Perhaps ironic when coming from a guy who definitely doesn’t look as if he knows how to do as much.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

aero

jake
he/him
september 14
fight area, sinnoh
bi
ranger
cadet
20 height
20 height
awards
43 posts
jacob kim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jake
jacob kim
knock knock [m]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 16:12:36 GMT
jacob kim Avatar
as soon as the papers come out, he readily takes out a pen from his pockets. a childish pattern adorns the writing instrument, but he makes no effort trying to get embarrassed for it.

"oh, i will have fun with it," he chirps in as he fills up the forms right there and then.

most of it was, as tam had described, intuitive. he's had similar forms filled out before that they almost felt vanilla instead of the zany and weird traditions he thought hoenn would have.

jake doesn't mind either way, though.

"i'm sure it won't be something i can handle. it'll be all worth it in the end, so if you give me a chance, i'm sure you won't regret it ever."

he finishes in record time, adjusting each page so they align by tapping them softly against the surface of tam's table. the papers are laid out neatly afterwards.

"i'm looking forward for the next meeting sir- er, tam!"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,007 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
knock knock [m]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 2:14:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: