cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
empty nesters [m]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 1:34:40 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

No no no no. For what feels like the millionth time that afternoon, her internet connection wavers, reconnects, then cuts out again. As if to add insult to injury, all of the power in her apartment surges moments later. This is not the day, nor the time for the electricity services in the city to be acting unreliable for her. Not when she has data and schedules to make sure are in order for her superiors. A frustrated huff leaves Calla’s lips, and she rubs her eyes before idly looking out the window as she considers resetting her router…again. Only for a disbelieving noise to follow immediately after.[break][break]

When did that get there??[break][break]

She drags herself out the door and down the flight of apartment steps to the street outside, disheveled mess that she is. Calla is not thinking about the fact that her hair is a nest of a bun piled on top of her head, face free of loose strands only because she’s pushed her reading glasses up her forehead. Nor is she considering that she is in comfy clothes and is only in her socks as she stands on the pavement with a petulant upward glare.[break][break]

The spreadsheet was something she assured would be done by 4pm. It is 3:15, and there is a stupidly big nest of Swellow playing house on the power lines. Lifting a hand, she whistles. “Hey! Shoo!” As if to emphasize her point, Calla flaps her hands in brushing movement.[break][break]

The mother bird seems unperturbed by her admonishment. Yeah, Cal. What did you think would happen? She tuts, face set in a firm pout. Of all the days for to not be home to play pokemon whisperer for her.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] m: cuckoo in the nest [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-bulbasaur"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".calla"]--accent:#61b0ad; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".call blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote b, .calla blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .calla blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .calla blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .calla .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .calla .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Ass
he/him
October 13
Mistralton City, Unova
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
15 height
15 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
28 posts
Liam Cassius DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @liam
Liam Cassius
empty nesters [m]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 4:51:43 GMT
Liam Cassius Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

It was your average day in Liam central. The birds were chirping, the sun was shining, Radiohead was blaring in his ears, and best of all, he had just picked up some sweet rings from Slateport's infamous thrift shop.

[break][break]

Ya, things were pretty sweet.

[break][break]

Riding ontop his Corviknight, the young man flew up over the skyline of the bustling city, swooping down and every and then to sneak a peek of a cute girl or guy; unfortunately, there weren't many out today. Bummer. It wasn't until he began to fly over the upper district of the city that he overheard a feminine voice.

[break][break]

His lips cracked into a smile.

[break][break]

Tightening his grip on the avian's neck, he specifically switched their trajectory toward the incoming sound, both curious (and horny) enough to take a quick detour on the way back home. Within seconds, he'd appear within her line of sight.

[break][break]

"need any help?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#d4a53c; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
empty nesters [m]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 5:12:37 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

She isn’t getting anywhere with this. Her foot taps against the sidewalk cement impatiently as she tries to think through what to do. Arms folding, Calla stares up at the nest and the two swellow settled comfortably.[break][break]

There’s a nudge at her ankle, and she notices that her bulbasaur had followed behind her. “Turnip, do you think you could use vine whip to pull the nest down?” Gently, she supposed, though she doesn’t feel particularly benevolent to the birds disrupting her work.[break][break]

Still, that is their house.[break][break]

Before the bulbasaur can actually do anything, though, a shadow swoops low and she has to squint against the sunlight to see the approaching corviknight. And then, there’s the figure of someone riding astride its back. Her head tilts, pale eyes narrowing.[break][break]

“You think this is a spectator show?” she calls up skeptically when the rider and his avian don’t just carry on their flight. Instead he calls down. “What? No. Kinda in the middle of something here.”

[break][break]

[newclass=".calla"]--accent:#61b0ad; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".call blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote b, .calla blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .calla blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .calla blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .calla .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .calla .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Ass
he/him
October 13
Mistralton City, Unova
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
28 posts
Liam Cassius DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @liam
Liam Cassius
empty nesters [m]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 16:01:03 GMT
Liam Cassius Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The ranger chuckled.
[break][break]
"You sure?"
[break][break]
His avian swooped in lower, reaching closer to eye level with the woman. From there, he leaned forward, resting his head on top of the corviknight's. A pair of smug, half-lidded eyes stared back at her.
[break][break]
"It sure looks like you could use some help."
[break][break]
A curious gaze scanned the woman, starting from her head downwards, then back up. She was cute. Really cute. (sorry ) Maybe it wouldn't pain him to stay out a little bit longer.
[break][break]
"Just say the words, and I can lift you up."

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#d4a53c; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
empty nesters [m]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 20:57:16 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

Was he laughing?[break][break]

The aquamarine of her eyes was practically obscured by how much they narrowed at him as Calla fixed him with a petulant glare. Dissatisfaction became more and more obvious as he drifted lower.[break][break]

“Who are you to question what I said?” Hands on her hips, she tilted closer in defiance as her chin tipped upward. Maybe she was a bit overconfident, but the smug-faced interloper didn’t need to know that.[break][break]

“Get your eyes checked, then.”[break][break]

Red tinted the apples of her cheeks, harsh against pale skin. It was a stubborn blush, something she was annoyingly prone to in moments of frustration. And certainly not the cutesy embarrassed sort of coloration due to slick looks of the crooked hitch of his smile.[break][break]

With a puffed breath, she spun back around to direct her bulbasaur back into action. Only sparing him a frown tossed over her shoulder. “What do you mean ‘lift me up?’”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Ass
he/him
October 13
Mistralton City, Unova
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
28 posts
Liam Cassius DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @liam
Liam Cassius
empty nesters [m]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 19:45:30 GMT
Liam Cassius Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Your guard angel."
[break][break]
Man, was he being corny. It was the type of shit he'd run back and tell his buddies about after a round of beers, and they'd give him crap, and he'd fire back how it worked, how the girl was hot, and how he'd do it again if given the chance.
[break][break]
The puffed-out cheeks and red tint were adorable, which further proved to lure his attention onto her.
[break][break]
"Hop on and find out."
[break][break]
The dare was said with a wink, as now the corviknight was close enough for the woman to approach. Behind him laid just enough room for another person. Only, of course, if they're willing to be snugged up against his back.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
empty nesters [m]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 4:44:44 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

Calla’s expression immediately soured into one of distaste.[break][break]

“I wasn’t aware I had one of those.” Or needed one. She rolled her eyes and shook her head, whirling back toward her challenge. Only to shoot a snooty little glare back at him, face reddening further at the wink.[break][break]

Oh, she did not want to climb up on that corviknight (no offense to the Pokémon itself, of course. This was all to do with the rider.)[break][break]

“I think I’ll carry on as I was, thanks.” The sharp glint in her eyes betrayed the fact that she didn’t actually feel all too grateful for the offer.[break][break]

“As you were, Turnip.” The bulbasaur snapped into action, vines shooting up from the bulb on his back toward the nest. To no success.[break][break]

He was young, so while the effort was good, said vines could only reach so far. Just enough to tap the nest and rock it, rather than dislodge it. The avian’s inside tittered irritably—a warning.[break][break]

A low, whining groan rumbled in the back of Calla’s throat, and her hands balled into little fists at her sides. Reluctantly, she turned back to him with a barely muttered, “Fine.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Ass
he/him
October 13
Mistralton City, Unova
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
28 posts
Liam Cassius DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @liam
Liam Cassius
empty nesters [m]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 4:59:33 GMT
Liam Cassius Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Her resistance only further added to the sly smile that stretched itself up the sides of his face.
[break][break]
"Fine, fine. If that's what you want."
[break][break]
But, despite his words, he kept by her side, watching through his tinted orange sunglasses as she directed her Bulbasaur to continue whacking the pole. While vigorous, the Pokémon was still young, so his vines could only stretch out so far. Which gave him another reason to wait.
[break][break]
Finally, her voice rang out those glorious words of defeat.
[break][break]
Giving Corviknight a soft tap of the neck, the avian scooted himself closer, placing the side of his body right beside the woman. From there, Liam was free to lean over, arm outstretched and hand wide open. "Here."
[break][break]
Whenever she'd eventually climb on, he'd wait a second for her to readjust herself, softly chuckling the entire way. "Hold on tight, 'kay?"
[break][break]
And, with that, he took off, urging his Pokémon to take a flight straight up into the air, forcing the woman to either wrap her arms around him or face the horrors of a 30 ft fall. He only stopped once they were far up into the air, and even then, it was only for a momentary break. "Still hanging on back there?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
empty nesters [m]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 5:21:43 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

He looked way too thrilled with her admittance of defeat. Cal had ignored the prickle of self-consciousness that had crept under her skin as he’d watched her try and fail. That sense only worsener when she actually relented to his offer.[break][break]

With a baleful look, she placed her hand in his and allowed him to help her up. At least the corviknight was sturdy. At his suggestion, she scoffed. “You wish.”[break][break]

The corviknight bolted upward, and even though Calla was sort of expecting as much, she wasn’t fully prepared for it, either. It sent a screech hurtling from her lungs and without thinking, she latched onto the stranger. Fingers balled into the fabric at the front of his jacket and her face planted itself squarely between his shoulder blades.[break][break]

As her stomach did flips over itself, it sunk in how she’d reacted. Careful not to look down, she peeled away just enough to glare at the back of his pretty blond head. “I’m fine, though you could’ve been more gentle about it.”[break][break]

She certainly wasn’t letting go though, was she?[break][break]

“Just get the nest already, so you can put me back down!

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Ass
he/him
October 13
Mistralton City, Unova
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
28 posts
Liam Cassius DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @liam
Liam Cassius
empty nesters [m]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 3:04:11 GMT
Liam Cassius Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

But he wasn't done just yet.
[break][break]

"In a sec!" A trail of hearty laughter echoed out from his chest as he patted the corviknight's neck, sending them spiraling further upward, all the way til they gain sight of the entire Slateport Skyline. From there, the avian and his riders soared forward, floating lightly over the building's tops and beneath the glimmering sun.
[break][break]

"See? Wasn't this worth an extra second?"
[break][break]

Lips curled into a knowing smirk, the blonde peered over his shoulder to steal a glimpse of his hostage.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
empty nesters [m]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 3:59:12 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

“What do you mean in a sec??”[break][break]

The words were hissed out through practically grit teeth—nearly right by his ear from how close she’d tucked herself in a means of protection from the height. And then he laughed as they twisted higher still, which elicited another shriek from Calla (much to her annoyance.)[break][break]

This interaction was going to leave her with a headache, she just knew it. Could feel it brewing at the back of her skull.[break][break]

“No! I just wanted to move the nest!” she huffed back, glaring daggers at him. Though it was a forced defiance, for the sake of continuing to be stubbornly contrarian. Because when she looked out over the cityscape, she added in a reluctant grumble— “I suppose it’s real pretty up here, fine…” In fact, a sense of awe had bubbled up, she was just too obstinate to admit as much freely. [break][break]

Oceanic eyes drifted back to him when he twisted back. Strands of snowy, windswept hair clung to her cheeks, but she wasn’t about to let go to brush them away. Cal instantly held tighter around his waist, stomach dropping and heart hammering away. “Don’t move so suddenly! You’re gonna make me fall.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Ass
he/him
October 13
Mistralton City, Unova
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
28 posts
Liam Cassius DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @liam
Liam Cassius
empty nesters [m]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 4:25:18 GMT
Liam Cassius Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

When she eventually relents -- like they always do -- Liam laughed again. The feisty ones were always the most fun to crack.
[break][break]
"It's almost as pretty as you."
[break][break]
The feeling of her warm arms tightening around his waist was just the pick-me-up he needed to make this little adventure all the more worth it. Slicking back the curls of blonde by pulling up his red tinted glasses, he continued to glance back at her, smirk now settled into a devilish smile.
[break][break]
"Don't worry so much," He chuckled, "You're safe with me, okay?"
[break][break]
One small pat later, the avian was back to cruising toward her building, though, this wouldn't be obvious given how far up they still were.
[break][break]
"Let's make a deal: I'll let you down and help you move the nest if you tell me your name. Sounds fair?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
empty nesters [m]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 4:42:32 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

Her mouth dropped open. And if she wasn’t holding onto him for dear life, she might’ve smacked him on the arm. “Did you drag me all the way up here just to use that line?”[break][break]

In spite of herself, heat flared in her face again as her expression twisted in a stubborn pout. She couldn’t hold his stare, though. Calla looked away, annoyed over the fact that she was holding onto him the way she was, and that he had the nerve to hit her with that devil may care grin in a way that made her stomach twist.[break][break]

“Why shouldn’t I?” she retorted, “I don’t even know you. Who says you aren’t about to dangle me by my foot?” It was an unexpectedly vulnerable realization. And vulnerability never failed to make Cal bristle.[break][break]

Still, she felt a thrum of relief as the corviknight began to drift downward, much slower than it had risen high into the air.[break][break]

He was met with a grumbly hum. “Fine, deal. Nest first, though. Then names.” Names plural, she had said without thinking. As if she suddenly cared to know his as well.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Captain

Ass
he/him
October 13
Mistralton City, Unova
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
28 posts
Liam Cassius DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @liam
Liam Cassius
empty nesters [m]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2022 5:02:09 GMT
Liam Cassius Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She hit the nail on the head with her accusation.
[break][break]
But, hey, if it works, it works. And, from the look of her redden puffed out cheeks, it was working. Twisting his torso forward, Liam allowed the glasses to slide back over his eyes as the wind around them picked up speed, whirling and whooshing, like a soft song being whispered into their ears.
[break][break]
"As fun as that sounds, I don't think Klaus would let me do that."
[break][break]
The corviknight let out a soft screeched to this, almost as if to speak out his bitter agreeance to that statement.
[break][break]
"Ah ah ah, name first, then nest."
[break][break]
He wouldn't let her just weasel out of this one.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
empty nesters [m]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 5:13:03 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

His lack of a response is telling. Ugh, she shouldn’t have humored him.[break][break]

“Then I trust Klaus,” she shot back, slowly releasing one hand from her death grip to chance patting feathers directly in reach. Then just as quickly, her hold on Liam returned, just as vice-like.[break][break]

“We’ll, are you gonna tell me yours?” She could just call him weirdo or something to that effect. She would have preferred to remain resistant, or barter more. But the longer they remained in the air, the more her stomach turned over. [break][break]

Calla’s brows pinched together, scowling up at him over the cap of his shoulder. “Fine. Calla, Cal. Whichever.” Her arms tightened again, though that time around it was more like a directive than an act of fear. “Okay, there. Nest now.”
[break][break]