uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 16:03:29 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gingerboi"]
[attr="class","top"]

unhindered laughter bellows when he dunks her in, never quite obnoxious but definitely not lowkey either. in fact, he's still laughing when she emerges. he blinks away tears as he speaks between breaths.[break][break]

"have you ever seen a wet cat? because that's you right n—"[break][break]

but that's exactly why he doesn't see it coming. how could he? he's, like, twice her size and weight so to even think of attempting what she does is unfathomable.[break][break]

"—cal!"[break][break]

the momentum carries, tipping him backwards and down into the water. naturally, if he's going down, then she is as well. his arm wraps around her, ensuring as much.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]
mission![break]
valor: helping hand[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-machamp color-shiny"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-mudkip color-shiny"]

[newclass=".gingerboi"]--accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2022 21:31:27 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Gotcha.”[break][break]
There is a flutter of triumphant success when she feels his footing slide on impact. It almost makes up for the remark about being a wet cat, and the rowdy laughter. Though the latter isn’t necessarily a terrible sound to hear, she decides.[break][break]

She’s too concentrated on knocking Uriah over that she doesn’t think about how she’ll get out of it. So another shriek is let loose when arms snag around her again and she’s forced down along with his gravity.[break][break]

Though this time, there’s a distinctly garbled mingling of laughter that twines with the surprised noise. Until the water silences it and she’s forced to hold her breath.[break][break]

When they pop back up, Cal looks up at him—somber for all of two seconds before her cheeks puff out with a pffft of sputtered sound before she too is laughing. Too caught up to register how close they still are, her hands pressed flat against his chest from the initial push.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
mission![break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-bulbasaur"]

[newclass=".calla"]--accent:#61b0ad; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2022 9:18:08 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

uriah's not really great with situational awareness so the fact that they're that close together doesn't even stick out to him. he simply laughs, accepting the moment for what it is.[break][break]

"i can't believe you'd tackle me."[break][break]

face lit in a smile, he finally lets her go, though he doesn't drift away.[break][break]

"i'll get you back for that."

mission![break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-machamp color-shiny"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-mudkip color-shiny"]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2022 16:03:19 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Well you asked for it.”[break][break]

Normally Calla isn’t known for her playfulness. It’s something that is rarely, if ever, coaxed out into the light of day. But it’s nice in the moment, isn’t it?[break][break]

It begins to sink in, when she registers the fact that his arms are still around her waist. Heat lifts to color her face, and burn at the tip of her nose, but as if on cue, Uriah lets go.[break][break]

Calla lingers in close space too. At least until he speaks again, and then she is floating back. But only just out of arm's reach as she treads water.[break][break]

Another bark of laughter, incredulous. “Prove it.”

mission![break]

[newclass=".calla blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 3:54:00 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

prove it?[break][break]

uriah doesn't even hesitate when he pushes his hand forward to send a wave of water right at her, much like a water-type would with SURF but smaller.[break][break]

it's meant as a distraction, really, as he's quick to lunge forward and attempt to bring an arm around her to lift her out of the water.

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 4:47:44 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

Hubris was gonna be her downfall.[break][break]

Challenging him proved to be a bad call as a surge of water was sent in her direction. Cringing away with her hands lifted, she yelps despite the smile stubbornly fixed to her lips.[break][break]

“Uriah!” she tries to reprimand him when he darts toward her. Trying to scoot away is a little difficult for her, given that the water comes up higher on her than him, and the heavy fabric of her soaked sundress slows her down.[break][break]

Doggy paddling away…also ineffective.[break][break]

So it takes little time before she’s being lifted up again, goosebumps prickling across her skin when the air hits it. She bites her tongue on telling him to put her down because then he’ll just dunk her again. Aquamarine eyes dart to his, obviously trying to put together what his goal is.

mission![break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2022 9:01:22 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

with her now on his shoulder, he pauses, looking around as if contemplating what to do exactly.[break][break]

"what now?"[break][break]

feeling merciful, he doesn't dunk her. instead, he turns and walks over to the deeper parts of the water until it comes up to a bit below his chest. there, he lowers, letting her go once she hits the water.[break][break]

"i decided to show you mercy, cal."

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 16:15:16 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Huh. So this is what it’s like to be tall.”[break][break]

Hoisted up over his shoulder, she doesn’t attempt to wiggle free. Instead, she goes limp like a sack of potatoes because she’s pretty sure if she tried anything she’d just fall off which has the same exact result as being dunked.[break][break]

She almost asks where are you going? but it’s sort of obvious, right? There’s only the shore and…more water. “Oh wow, you’re so benevolent.”[break][break]

Cal sinks and pops back up like a buoy when she’s carefully released, arms fanning out to keep her floating since she’s definitely above her head in depth now. The knowledge prompts a slight flicker of uncertainty because with a bad leg she’s not an exceptionally strong swimmer beyond the basics. So though he lets her go, she hovers. Just in case.[break][break]

“Wonder how Chad’s faring.” Almost sort of easy to forget they’re supposed to be working.

mission![break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 16:34:37 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh, right. the bake sale."[break][break]

uriah's forgotten, honestly, and he has no intentions of going back now. well, he supposes he has to eventually to pick up chad and to clear the stuff. later in the day, perhaps.[break][break]

for now, he remains mindful of cal's bad leg and hovers close as well, offering support where she may need it.[break][break]

"you think they've sold out the stand by now?"

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2022 20:35:21 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

Calla can’t help but laugh at his forgetfulness. “Yeah, we were here for publicity reasons, if you recall.”[break][break]

Or rather, he was. She’s just there to assist.[break][break]

Her hands rest on his arm in a balancing act to keep herself afloat without having to kick her legs quite as frequently. Tucking her hair behind an ear, she glances back over her shoulder toward the tents down the stretch of beach.[break][break]

She squints, but she can’t make out the Pokémon they’ve left things to. “Dunno, but I have only the most confidence.”[break][break]

Twisting in the water, she turns to face him again. “Do you actually like doing all this?” A pause, before she clarifies. “Running Akura, I mean.” It might sound a bit nosy, but it’s genuinely asked.

mission![break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 3:58:53 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

uriah doesn't find it nosy at all. it's actually quite thoughtful and it's something, surprisingly, very few people actually genuinely ask.[break][break]

"it's, uh, something new."[break][break]

though he had gotten his degrees in business and finance, he hasn't actually worked in the industry until recently. in sinnoh, he'd been traveling around battling, and when he first arrived in hoenn, he enlisted in the military, then the slateport police department, then become a detective.[break][break]

but cfo seemed like a step in the right direction for both his future and the future of his family.[break][break]

"but i like it so far. it feels rewarding, in a way, to be able to shape akura into a company i always thought it should've been."

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 4:41:24 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Is it what you thought you’d be doing now?” she asks in follow up.[break][break]

It would be a lie to say she doesn’t consider her own benefit in the conversation—how learning his responses will allow her to align her own ideals to improve her work. But Calla also genuinely wants to know.[break][break]

Her business mind isn’t always the sharpest, but she does her best to keep up, and Calla likes to think she does a decent enough job of it. Obviously it’s enough to keep her employed there, even if she’s mostly handling his affairs and agenda.[break][break]

Still— this is interesting to her. And she only knows the work in progress that Uriah has already started to mold. “What sort of company is that? How did it differ?”

mission![break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 9:20:33 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"ha! definitely not. i thought i'd be champ by now, or something, honestly."[break][break]

but such were the dreams of a young boy in sinnoh who wanted to travel the region to become the best there ever was. he never quite made it, but he did get close. kinda.[break][break]

he drifts a little closer just from the way the waves move past them.[break][break]

"we were profiting a lot before i joined but i noticed our turnover rate was really high, so i got in touch with a few people that left to get their thoughts and feedback."[break][break]

which was a thrill, to say the least.[break][break]

"basically, i've been trying to create a better environment for us."

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 4:55:20 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Don't think you could hack being champ now, huh?”[break][break]

Cal winks as she teases him. All the power to him, really. She’s never been a very proficient battler. But then, she was also always too focused on making sure she and Kieran could get by to really have any lofty trainee aspirations.[break][break]

Her hand lifts up out of the water, stretching up and up to push some hair back where it had matted to his forehead from when she’d tackled him. “Was bugging me,” was the only muttered explanation offered.[break][break]

As she retreats somewhat, she listens to his explanation and a small smile pulls across her mouth. “Oof, that sounds harrowing.” Fielding former employee feedback sounds like an ordeal even she wouldn’t want to undergo.[break][break]

“That’s an admirable goal, though. A considerate one.” It definitely makes someone at her own rank feel valued.

mission![break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2022 10:28:16 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"can you imagine as champ? holy. i'd die in this region."[break][break]

hard pass on being champion here, thanks. maybe back in sinnoh if the option presents itself, but not before he finishes what he set out to do in akura.[break][break]

he stills under her touch, watching her hand swipe across his forehead. he feels warm, something akin to a knot forming in his stomach briefly.[break][break]

"...thanks."[break][break]

should he do the same? no, that'd be strange. but the urge does rise.[break][break]

"yeah, so if you ever have any complaints or if you just want to talk about your future or whatever, i'm all ears."

mission![break]