uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 6:47:28 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gingerboi"]
[attr="class","top"]

uriah has been busy as of late. not just regular busy, but busy busy. so much so that he completely forgot about the charity bake sale he agreed to help with despite it having been the responsibility of the marketing team. so much for wanting to be a team player.[break][break]

luckily, he has his star personal assistant.[break][break]

calla!!! i need you to meet me at this location with a few boxes of pastries please. any will do but make sure you get a variety!!! ty!!![break][break]

and so, uriah sends over the address before making his way over to the bake sale. for now, the akura inc booth remains empty, but it's a good thing the event has yet to start.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]
mission![break]
valor: helping hand[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-machamp color-shiny"]

[newclass=".gingerboi"]--accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 16:05:45 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

This wasn’t asked of her, per se, but Call just has a gut feeling. It’s not exactly Uriah’s fault that he’s been so busy as of late, and she knows he is, because she helps keep his schedule organized. If it’s presumptuous on her part to have a small-scale, one person baking competition in her home, she’ll deal with the consequence later.[break][break]

She might rib him, though, if he expects her to buy baked goods elsewhere to sell. No, no. She’s already a step ahead. And if he doesn’t end up needing the neatly stacked assortment of tupperwares that she spent her Friday preparing, it’s fine. Her brother will empty them out with impressive speed if they sit at home.[break][break]

The text comes in and she sighs as she stares down at her phone. Then taps out a quick response:[break][break]

Got it. Make sure your head’s screwed on, don’t want to forget that too.[break][break]

Maybe a bit too informal with her boss? Maybe. Even if it’s more of a playful chide than something genuinely blunt, and she watches the ‘delivered’ alert come through with the ghost of a smile. But it’s too late now, the message has been sent and she’s already up and gathering up her things so that she can swoop in and save the day.[break][break]

“You lucked out–I was prepared for this,” she announces herself simply, though she’s a bit difficult to see over the stack of containers she’s carrying.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
mission![break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-bulbasaur"]

[newclass=".calla"]--accent:#61b0ad; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 4:24:47 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"you for real?"[break][break]

uriah blinks, taken aback for a moment at the stack of containers she's carrying but more so at how she tells him she's prepared. something he should've been, perhaps.[break][break]

chad the machamp hurries forward to lend her its hand (or four).[break][break]

"you're a lifesaver, calla! oh, did you clear your schedule for the day?"[break][break]

a question with implications she should be able to pick up. he wants her to stay to help him run the booth.

mission![break]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gingerboi .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 5:57:06 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

Her nose wrinkles, brows pinching together as she peeks around the stacked containers. “What? Of course I am.” She is almost always prepared. She wouldn’t get anywhere otherwise.[break][break]

Calla allows the machamp to take the tupperwares off of her hands, and she smooths the wrinkles in her dress as she speaks rather primly. “Thank you, Chad.”[break][break]

Then her gaze slides over to Uriah with a slight sigh. She doesn’t even bother making a show of checking the calendar on her phone. “I know I am.” There are traces of a smile somewhere at the corners of her mouth.[break][break]

“I hadn’t, but I guess I can rearrange.” Her words are laced in sarcastic drawl. As if she actually has anything else to do today.

mission![break]

[newclass=".calla blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".calla .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2022 9:00:03 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

it only takes chad a few moments to set the containers down onto the table. it's no expert in making it look pretty so it assumes that's all it has to do. so he turns to calla to give her four thumbs up before stepping away to return to sitting behind the booth.[break][break]

"good! that's the right answer."[break][break]

as made even more evident by how there are three chairs instead of two.[break][break]

he peers into the containers as he speaks only to wonder if they're actually store bought.[break][break]

"so what's the best way to display these? like, all grouped together? or spread out like on different steps?"

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2022 5:39:56 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

She definitely doesn’t expect the machamp to do any arranging, so when it gives her the multi-thumbs up, she returns it with two of her own.[break][break]

A single note of laughter slips free as her chin tips up. “Good to know. I’ll keep that in mind if I’m looking for more gold stars.”

Calla doesn’t slip into the provided chair just yet in favor of staring down at the containers with a small, focused frown. “Maybe a bit of both?” she suggests, pale eyes flitting up to his for a moment.[break][break]

Technical work is where she thrives. Aesthetic, however, is not her strong suit. But it’s just some pastries, so how disastrous could it be, really? “When’s this supposed to really get busy?”[break][break]

She works at prying the lids off one by one as she asks.[break][break]

mission![break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 8:40:55 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"the event starts in fifteen but not many are awake this early."[break][break]

uriah is but only because his job demands it. otherwise, he'd be buried under his blanket and piles of pillows sleeping until noon or later.[break][break]

"so maybe around lunch?"[break][break]

he pries open a few lids as well only to stare down at the pastries.[break][break]

"you should do some of the talking today as well. you can introduce yourself as the company's executive assistant."

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2022 17:05:21 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Seems like poor planning, then.” She shrugs, and maybe it’s a bit too blunt of a critique for someone of her ranking, but it doesn’t change her opinion.[break][break]

Even if she herself is an early riser and would be up, regardless. “Did you get enough rest?” she asks with as much neutrality as Cal can muster, not looking at him as she starts trying to arrange the pastries with a spatula she’s brought along. Maybe she could make a shape?[break][break]

Uriah’s addition stills the fretting of her hands, though.[break][break]

Her eyebrows lift, and despite her attempts to remain stoic, Calla twists to look at him with surprise bright in her eyes. Still, she tries to play at impassivity, though the success of it might be suspect. “And why would I do that?” she muses, unable to fully curb the smile that’s begun to tug at her mouth.

mission![break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 7:30:05 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

despite the neutrality, it still feels oddly personal. warm, even, to a certain degree. uriah appreciates that.[break][break]

"nah, but i'll be fine. i'm used to pulling all-nighters."[break][break]

he says it almost proudly. like a frat boy bragging about how much he can drink in one night.[break][break]

his pastry arrangement is far less neat than hers, but he's still working on it.[break][break]

"uh, because you're our executive assistant."[break][break]

then, he laughs, turning to nudge his assistant on her shoulder.[break][break]

"and because you want to? come on, cal, you can't even hide it."

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 18:49:50 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

The dismissal causes her to look up again, shooting him a look. Lips set in a thin line. “That doesn’t mean you should,” she tuts, eyes rolling a bit at the pride he speaks with. It’s not really all that pointed, though. Not in the way she’d be with most others. More hennish than anything else.[break][break]

Pausing in her arrangement, she leans a hair closer. “You’ve got eyebags.” Bit of an exaggeration, but hey, she can tease too.[break][break]

“Yeah, assistant,” she points out with another dry huff of laughter, glance finding his. It’s not a glamorous position, she knows that. And she’s pretty sure most of the attendees at this charity event won’t find much favor in the rank, either.[break][break]

Still, she can’t help but loosen up just a little when Uriah laughs, rocking to the side with the bump from his shoulder.[break][break]

“Am I that obvious?” Her face scrunches in a conspicuous wince.

mission![break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 10:12:45 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"not usually."[break][break]

but to him more so than others, he imagines. or maybe it's just because of how much time they spend working together. either way, he laughs once more when she winces.[break][break]

and though he chooses not to say it, he has a feeling she won't stay executive assistant for too long.[break][break]

he pauses for a moment.[break][break]

"do i really have eyebags?"

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2022 18:47:24 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Oh, well that’s a relief. Haven’t blown my cover yet.”[break][break]

Typically, Calla would find it a bad thing that someone has learned how to read her even the tiniest bit more than she would prefer. But somehow it’s alright that Uriah has managed to do so.[break][break]

He’s a warmer sort of person–the same way her brother is. Bright with broad smiles and the sort of easygoingness that forces her to relax, even if only a little. She gravitates to that sort of energy, whether she’s fully aware of it or not.[break][break]

Perhaps because she doesn’t find herself to be warm like this.[break][break]

Her eyes roll as she nudges him in return, a laugh of her own mixing with his. “No, Uriah. You don’t really have eyebags.” Cal swats at him, though, chiding. “You will though if you don’t free up your schedule some.” Her brows lift, and she shoots him a look of playful warning. “That’s not good for the press, you know. Or your sanity. First it’s eyebags, next it’s wrinkles.

mission![break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 7:29:11 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

it feels odd to have someone care for him the way she does. unusual. maybe it's because growing up the only care and attention he ever received was from his mom. apart from that, the siblings were left to their own devices.[break][break]

while odd, he finds it warm and comforting.[break][break]

"ew, wrinkles. we can't have that. i'd be looking just like my dad."[break][break]

he shudders.[break][break]

"it's up to you to make sure that doesn't happen. please, cal, clear my schedule."

mission![break]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 16:40:45 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calla"]
[attr="class","top"]

Even though she’s one half of a twin set, as the oldest Cal is used to caring. Though usually in her own brusque, tough sort of way. It is strange, though, that he earns it so easily. But she’s not wholly in the mood to analyze it.[break][break]

“What, you mean you don’t want to hear ‘You look just like your father!’ at every possible turn?” she grins, obviously amused by the way her eyes crinkle at the corners.[break][break]

Calla sits back in her chair, decidedly pleased with their arranging. Or really, in defeat because she’s not sure how else to truss them up. Her brows lift, and since there’s no one milling around looking to buy anything yet, she twists in her seat to better face him.[break][break]

“Like…for real? Like for today, or..?”

mission![break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
DOUBLE-EDGE
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 10:20:40 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"gods, kill me now."[break][break]

in all honesty, it would not be such a bad thing to be compared to his father. is a man with power, respect, and title. he's missing an arm but even then, it'd be an honor to most.[break][break]

"for real, for real."[break][break]

he turns in his seat as well to face her slightly more.[break][break]

"i think we'll be pretty busy today. i can't ditch this event, right?"

mission![break]