TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
OBLIGATIONS [M][VALOR]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2022 14:38:20 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

There are pros and cons to living in Slateport City.
[break][break]
Pro: being that it’s the largest city in the whole of the Hoenn region, there’s no shortage of things to do.
[break][break]
Con: being that it’s the largest city in the whole of the Hoenn region, there’s no shortage of trouble.
[break][break]
Then again, trouble
[break][break]
”Can’t believe you of all people got stuck here on patrol duty with me.” Tam says before taking a sip from his coffee. It could be taken as teasing or it could be taken as the ranger captain merely voicing a thought out loud. It’s always hard to know with how neutral and matter-of-fact his tone tends to be. Still, right there, if only for a second, there is the slightest of smirks. ”Guess I should prepare for the worst.”
[break][break]
With here? Absolutely.
[break][break]
It’s like trouble follows that guy wherever he goes.
[break][break]
At least it’s a decent night by the standards of Hoenn’s late summer, and for the most part, the harbour is quiet. Tam sits on a crate of supplies, waiting.
[break][break]
Apparently, according to the League’s intel, Team Rocket is supposed to be paying the harbour a visit tonight.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Dawn of a New Day - Defend [break]
Mission: PKMN Hunter 🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twt2] --accent: #688592; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 11.5px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
OBLIGATIONS [M][VALOR]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2022 2:57:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he would bring a foldable chair and his handheld console if he was prepared. unfortunately, he isn't, so he's stuck sitting on whichever surface in the harbor can hold his weight.

"...or i'm only here because it's an easy job, but it labels me as busy on the system so i'm not pulled into more hectic cases."

it's a 50-50 with kyle, like a box of chocolate; you never know what you're going to get. he doesn't intend to make a hint for the ranger captain either.

it's quiet for the most part. it builds up suspense for either, though kyle is already rather desensitized to these kinds of surprises.

"oh yeah, i heard you got promoted to captain, or something." kyle only actually listens to juicy gossip. tams isn't particularly keen on starting drama as much as the others, so he doesn't get picked up by the radar until lately. "i hope you're having fun."

he's known him from his time at slateport pd so he can say it like that. his message is sarcastic.

close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
OBLIGATIONS [M][VALOR]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2022 14:18:30 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Huh… That tracks.”
[break][break]
You never know with someone like Kyle, but for his own sake, Tam sure hopes the latter is true and that tonight will be an easy night. He appreciates action and excitement as much as the next guy, but he sure doesn’t appreciate things that complicate his life.
[break][break]
”You better not be getting my hopes up, though.” He takes another sip of coffee, gaze fixed on their surroundings. So far, so good. No Team Rocket members in sight. Had their intel been right? Maybe it had been some kind of stupid prank…
[break][break]
It’s only when Kyle mentions his promotion that Tam looks at him again, and that one earns the champion a quirked brow.
[break][break]
”Oh yeah, so much fun… You should stop by the ranger meetings sometime, you’d love it.”
[break][break]
In all of Tam’s apathy, there’s subtle sarcasm to match Kyle’s. His promotion had actually happened almost a year ago, but no correction is made regarding that. A ranger captain is no more than a cog in the huge machine that is the League, after all – one that is far from where the more visible ones like the champion are. He hadn’t expected Kyle to know.
[break][break]
The sound of nearby skittering pulls him away from that train of thought. He reaches for a pokéball.
[break][break]
"What's your bet: wild pokémon or thief?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 11.5px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
OBLIGATIONS [M][VALOR]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 4:16:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there were no howls or such from his pokemon stationed elsewhere after setting them up to alarm him of any interference. there are only two inferred endings from this route, but the worse of the two was unlikely.

"wild pokemon," he answers casually as he cracks a yawn. "having the champion title is nice. i don't even think i'm that much better than most trainers, but it's enough to scare off the goons."

any thief worth their salt should have caught wind of him setting up shop with his lycanroc's stealth rocks around the area if they were deep into planning a thievery, and consequentially, notice him.

they could clear it, but that would've alerted his pokemon.

noticing tam take a pokeball out, kyle doesn't budge. one person should be enough to fend off wild pokemon, especially if that someone was a competent trainer.

"oh, you're going to protect me? my hero."

close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
OBLIGATIONS [M][VALOR]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 20:00:28 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Are you sure it’s not ‘cause you’re an avatar? I hear people are usually scared of those.”
[break][break]
According to , at least. Even after getting injured fighting an avatar and even after their argument about it, Tam still doesn’t get it. A person is just a person, and avatarship just means they have weird and probably annoying abilities to deal with. It’s not as much of a big deal as most make it seem. Not according to Tam, at least.
[break][break]
But, since the thought of it is still in Tam’s mind, he stares at Kyle when the champion asks him if he will protect him and calls him his hero.
[break][break]
”Nah, betya you can beat it with your bare hands, big scary Champion. Faintly and fleetingly, he smirks.
[break][break]
This whole patrol duty thing is getting pretty boring, so a bet like this should make it more interesting.
[break][break]
Tam takes another sip from his coffee, waiting.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
OBLIGATIONS [M][VALOR]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 17:28:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"well, maybe. i don't know. i don't get to show it off enough, so i guess?"

the amount of times he's used it before can be counted on his fingers. the fear of the unknown often keeps people up, and with people not knowing the extent of his capabilities compared to other avatars, he supposed that was normal.

he grumbles as he thinks much into it. supernatural powers weren't his thing anyways.

"i'll let you in on one thing though," he tells tam. "my powers aren't really fit for a brawl-y kind of fight."

no super strength. no control of elements. no special control fields akin to a a domain expansion. he supposed can't die and has summons, but that isn't as flashy as what others have.

it segues to the request given to him.

"maybe you should be the one fighting. i've been put on cushy office jobs lately, and i'm sure rangering forces you to be physical anyways."

close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
OBLIGATIONS [M][VALOR]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 16:55:46 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

All this talk of powers and what they may or may not do is not for him. Tam has lived in Hoenn long enough to know how useful and perhaps even necessary avatars and their patrons can be against all the unusual threats the region has faced (like when invaders came from Ultra Space), but even if that’s the case, he can’t help but still see them for what they are: people, no more than that.
[break][break]
Given that logic, he should agree with Kyle, right? Give him a hand because he’s been put on cushy office jobs lately? Especially since Kyle is right about Tam staying in shape…
[break][break]
”You know it’s probably just a Raticate or something, right?”
[break][break]
As if on cue, it’s within seconds that he’s proven wrong.
[break][break]
Their intruder is actually a stray Furfrou: of matted fur and sour mood. There must be food among the supplies or something, because it seems willing to do anything to get to them. It even growls at the pair.
[break][break]
”Oh… That’s all yours, dog boy.” Tam is unfazed.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
OBLIGATIONS [M][VALOR]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 14:00:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
like an ultra beast coming out of a wormhole from ultra space, the furfrou appears before the two of them. it looks unkempt, though kyle still prefers them in their natural look more than fancy hairstyles.

unfortunately for tam, kyle takes a step back.

"t-that's my weakness," he confesses tam with a wavering voice. "you know i can't hurt dogs."

would he punch his mightyena? of course, since he knows they're little shits.

would he punch this furfrou? not really.

it's like punching a stranger. there's no reason to do it, compared to when you punch a friend, which you might do because it's fun and you know they won't mind.

close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
OBLIGATIONS [M][VALOR]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2022 23:32:16 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Kyle wavers, because of course he does, and naturally, as should only be expected, Tam gives him the most blank stare in the history of blank stares. Then, he sighs.
[break][break]
”Really? Not even if it were about to attack m–”
[break][break]
It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy that he doesn’t even get to finish saying out loud.
[break][break]
The Furfrou bares its fangs and jumps, clearly aiming to bite the ranger captain. Almost as if by instinct alone, Tam ducks in response, aiming to tackle the pokémon down to the ground. Man and canine roll on the harbour’s concrete, and although the Furfrou whines, Tam takes care not to actually harm it – merely stopping it from biting or taking off. He holds it down, an arm going under its chest while the other wraps around its neck, restraining it. Hell, once its all done, he event pets it... after another sigh, obviously.
[break][break]
All rangers should know how to deal with aggressive wild pokémon without the aid of any of their team, no?
[break][break]
If anything, he’s lucky that it’s not a pokémon that knows moves that are more difficult to deal with.
[break][break]
”...Kyle?”
[break][break]
Is he seriously not going to help at all?

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
OBLIGATIONS [M][VALOR]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 14:22:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle was mid swing of his leg when tam manages to restrain it and eventually calm it down. when he calls his name, he swings it away from the two, almost tripping clumsily with the momentum of his kick.

he plays it cool when he gets questioned. he didn't want to be seen as someone who abuses dogs, after all. the questions it would spout regarding domestic pet abuse and such would be guaranteed.

"hi, hi. that's me." he gets back on his footing. "well, looks like you got it all under control. good job, ranger captain fawley."

maybe no one needs to know that kyle knows the optimal place to kick a specific species of dog pokemon to get them to cry without retaliation. no one also needs to know that he learned it from experience and not from expertise.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
OBLIGATIONS [M][VALOR]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 23:31:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: