kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
99 [P]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2019 17:59:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"mister stony!"

the excited tone contrasted his usual bored and impassive voice. he barges through the gym's doors, knowing that it was unlocked for any potential challengers of the gym. as soon as he gets inside, he quickly shuts the doors close. it was common courtesy to do so, after all.

wearing a severely casual outfit consisting of a hoodie, jeans and flip-flops, kyle obviously wasn't here for any official business. plus, it was a weekend. kyle has the whole day to enjoy, and he decides to spend part of it at the rustboro gym.

"i'm bored." he returns to his usual way of talking. "let me challenge the gym."

it would have been uncharacteristic of kyle to be openly challenging gyms for the sake of proving himself or simply collecting all eight badges of the region, but not when he does so for no concrete reason.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
99 [P]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2019 2:42:08 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
of all the names he's been called before, mister stony is not one of them. definitely not. its oddity garners a chuckle as a response, accompanied by a quirk of his brow as alexander turns to address his officer.

"and you are choosing to spend your day off with me. is everything okay at home, kyle?"

the joke is evident through his gentle grin. as someone without the luxury of having days off, alexander is quite perplexed at kyle's choice to challenge the gym. the officer's intent remains unknown but perhaps one is not needed. after all, he could simply be bored.

"okay. simple one on one with no switching out. two or three pokemon, your choice. but you already know how it works."

which is why alexander will be slightly deviating from the usual. hand to his belt finds an uncommon choice in the heracross who takes her place on one end of the open battlefield. no maze will stand between them for this challenge.

"good luck, kyle."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,406 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
99 [P]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2019 12:52:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yeah. it's just... a movie from a series i like comes out later. i'm too worked up for it. was wondering if this would help with the excitement, you get me?"

the movie would stream online, scheduled at a time that isn't suited for someone in their timezone. there were still a few hours left before it shows, giving enough time for the trainer to get uncomfortable with too much excitement.

"let's go with three," he answers with a smile, holding up the same number of fingers in the air. "i've got a pet project i've been working on. kinda need to test them somehow."

it feels weird to call a team of pokemon to be a project. it makes him sound like some kind of tryhard ace trainer that he wasn't. the words had already left his mouth, however, and there was nothing left for him to do but regret his choice of words.

he takes a ball out, releasing a dragon-type instead of the usual canine he'd use. the kommo-o lands a few inches from above the ground, the loose scales making a distinctive sound unique to them.

"dragon tail."

the kommo-o lunges forward towards the heracross, twisting his body at the right moment to hit the opposing pokemon with his tail.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
99 [P]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2019 1:41:38 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
alexader does not get him but he nods his head regardless. he's not too old to understand the reference but he does not have time to delve into series or movies. oh, how he wishes he could.

"three it is." 

kyle with a pet project! great initiative shown by the young lad. perhaps his teachings have been of some use after all.

proud is a strong word, but a feeling similar to it shows on alexander's face through a smile. he watches as the kommo-o lunges forward to swing its massive DRAGON TAIL. heracross stands her ground, tanking the full damage.

as the tail hits her body, she swiftly wraps her arms around it to pull it close, holding it in place as she goes to work with a CLOSE COMBAT. as she delivers the final blow, she shoves the dragon-type away and swings her horn down for a swift AERIAL ACE before leaping backwards.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,406 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
99 [P]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2019 18:59:51 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
if he was to tell the truth, he did not expect grapples to happen. he did not prepare any countermeasure what happens next, even. perhaps he should change his current mindset for this.

the kommo-o tries to block the heracross' assault with a close combat of his own, attempting to parry most of the blows that follows the grip of his tail. it works for most of the attack, until he gets blown back.

the final strike was unexpected for both the trainer and his pokemon. the aerial ace finds the kommo-o's weakness as the dragon clings onto the part of his torso hit. its resolve for the battle doesn't falter at least, which kyle was thankful for.

"dragon dance."

the kommo-o starts to power itself up with a dance not unknown to kyle, boosting its offensive capabilities. the heracross needs to take the offensive instead of reacting defensively, else kyle would be tempted to have his kommo-o keep the dance up.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
99 [P]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2019 16:43:53 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the grapple ends all too suddenly but it works in their favor as heracross' AERIAL ACE connects, managing to strike the enemy off guard.

"do not let up, heracross." 

alexander speaks, realizing that the dragon-type is using the opportunity to boost itself up, which is a tactic he's been known to use for most of his battles.

heracross nods. two AERIAL ACES fly forward, hoping to slice at the kommo-o when its most distracted in its dance.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,406 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
99 [P]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2019 22:55:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the kommo-o manages to match the speed of the heracross, retaliating with a timely headbutt as the bug-type honed in. unfortunately for the kommo-o, the aerial ace proves to be too much as he falls onto the ground after the assault.

the kommo-o is recalled to its ball soon enough.

"there's that, i guess."

kyle runs his hand at the back of his nape as he tries to choose between the pokemon he has with him at that time. he thinks of overpowering with type advantage, but he knows he won't be having the same kind of leverage once the gym leader switches pokemon.

he decides to simply go with a play style he is most comfortable with.

"dragon pulse!"

the command goes with the release of his dragalge. the lithe creature saunters in from the light it came from, coughing up a blast of energy from his mouth towards the heracross.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
99 [P]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2019 3:57:49 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
HEADBUTT connects, staggering the bug-fighting-type but not nearly enough to threaten her consciousness. she remains standing, triumphant as she watches her final attacks down the dragon-type. in this battle, she is the better fighting-type.

shaking her head in an attempt to clear the headache building, heracross readies herself for her next opponent. ENDURE is the only reason why she remains standing by the end of it.

"one last attack, heracross." 

she musters up the strength to send a NIGHT SLASH at the dragalge, her step faltering moments after. but she still stands.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,406 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
99 [P]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2019 11:30:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"smokescreen!"

the dragalge releases his move a second too late. a cloud of smoke manages to reduce the visibility within the arena, but the dragalge barely gets to move itself to dodge the blow as an implication of the issuance of the move.

night slash gets a hit. the dragalge gets to intensify its poison on its body, activating poison touch to knock the heracross out.

the smokescreen remains in the field, hiding the pokemon from sight.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
99 [P]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2019 7:42:37 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
heracross cannot withstand the pain the poison brings and so falls to the ground, struggling, but still conscious enough to know that this battle is not one she can win. alexander shares the same thought and recalls her back.

"one-one." 

it's not surprising: kyle is a decent trainer. he learns from the best.

to take heracross' place is mienshao who upon entry immediately springs forward with a bounce in her step. her movements are fluid and so is her HIGH JUMP KICK.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,406 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
99 [P]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2019 6:13:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
The impact from the high-jump kick clears most of the smokescreen with its shockwave. The thought of using camouflage to dodge comes to kyle, but decides that maybe the inevitable type change that comes with it wasn't worth it.

"Toxic."

The dragalge allows the kick to hit. It's poison typing allows it to resist the otherwise deadly blow. It also allows him to easily infect the opposing pokemon with poison through contact.

"Dragon Pulse!"

A roar comes out. A blast of energy shoots from the damaged dragalge towards the fighting-type.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
99 [P]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2019 7:45:22 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
mienshao's attack cleanly connects at the cost of a TOXIC. being that close to the dragalge should work in her favor in theory, but in this case it works against her. the DRAGON PULSE that pulses is enough to separate them, the force from the energy enough to push her away.

"shake it off!" 

and that she does. mienshao bounces high up into the air, falling back down with elegance and grace as she looks to strike at the poison-dragon.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,406 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
99 [P]
POSTED ON May 7, 2019 10:52:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
bounce had its delay before the attack connects. kyle uses the opportunity to set up for the next set of moves to help prolong his dragalge's time within the battlefield.

"Smokescreen!"

another cloud of smoke provides cover for the dragon-type. the smokescreen engulfs majority of the gym's battlefield, but not the mienshao, who was up in the air for its attack. the dragalge moves away from its original position as it readies for what comes next.

"Camouflage."

the dragalge uses the smokescreen to get rid of any visual cues for the move that makes him easy to track afterwards. its color changes, blending perfectly with the gym's flooring.

he could have probably ordered the move more implicitly had he been using one of his easier-to-train dogs, but it can't be helped.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
99 [P]
POSTED ON May 21, 2019 1:55:25 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
high in the air mienshao soars, lingering for moments as her eyes scan the area for her target. a SMOKESCREEN engulfs the battlefield and renders her vision useless. all she can remember is where the dragalge once stood, so that is where she strikes.

the end of mienshao's foot clashes against the ground. the absence of the pokemon is immediately felt upon impact, the ground cracking under the pressure. 

CAMOUFLAGE keeps the poison-dragon hidden.

"clear it." 

alexander knows that they would remain at a disadvantage for as long as the SMOKESCREEN remains on the battlefield. mienshao acknowledges the order and takes a running leap, BOUNCING into the air only to slam back down with a WIDE GUARD.

the force field surges across the battlefield, looking to disperse the dark smoke that lingers. for now, mienshao remains standing, ready to counter.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,406 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
99 [P]
POSTED ON May 27, 2019 13:34:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"sludge bomb."

there was an option to use dragon pulse, but kyle decides to go with a move that causes explosions rather than a move he had already used earlier. it makes things more interesting that way, though if he was more serious about the battle, he'd rather keep his other options a mystery for the other side.

the dragalge appears from behind the mienshao, not unlike a 3d painting being looked at from a different angle, as he fired off orbs of toxic waste towards the fighting-type, using the preemptive advantage from having himself hidden from their sight.