part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
MAYDAY [VALOR]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2022 18:37:18 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 It seems Rocket has gotten a bit more aggressive as of late, especially on the high seas. It made sense, with Lugia as one of their matrons, they no doubt had confidence in the seas. Eva thought the return of Kyogre would challenge that but so far, it hasn’t.

Pacifidlog got a distress signal a couple hours ago from a civilian vessel. There wasn’t much relayed to the police station besides a last known coordinates and something about Pirates. The vessel had yet to make contact again and seemed to be lost as sea.

Everyone’s resources are spread thin now-a-days, so they called for reinforcements. Eva happened to be the only AQUA intuitive member available at the drop of a hat and , an honored police officer of the region was called upon to help as well.

“Hope ya don’t get sea sick!” Eva teased when she spotted Gwyar walking down the dock. Blade was just finishing up loading some gear: dive stuff if they need it, some basic provisions and first aid supplies, etc. Eva leaned against the center counsel and peer at the man over the rim of her sunglasses, “If ya do I suggest taking something right now. We don’t have much time to waste.”

wearing
SEARCH & RESCUE

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,234 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
MAYDAY [VALOR]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2022 1:28:12 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

MAYDAY

Oh dear. Hello again.

Uniform spotless, Water-types at the ready. Time to work.

Sootopolis' Deputy Chief regarded the doctor silently as he approached, the old docks creaking underneath the weight of his steps, her good humor slapping ineffectively against his bland, neutral expression.

Whatever material made up his current uniform seemed to be waterproof, but it did not look enough for a dive at sea. The officer seemed to have little intention of getting wet, though the several net balls on his belt at least suggested he was ready to have someone else do it in his stead.

Last time he had been in Pacifidlog, he had earned a badge from a man who turned out to be Merlino's lover. Now, this. He wasn't sure of how things would turn out, but he was beginning to grow sure he didn't like this town.

Whatever.

To work.

"I'll cope somehow." The man said with a smile as he came to stand before Hoenn's leading (last he heard) Head Scientist, Major, Doctor, and now, Deep Sea Diver, .

This region truly had a way to attract (and then trap) the extraordinary.

"In any case- good to see you doing well, Doctor!" The man seemed cheerful enough! "Shall we be on our way? I dare say our friends on the high seas must be getting impatient right about now."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
MAYDAY [VALOR]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2022 21:08:18 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva could already feel herself starting to sweat from the bright Hoenn, summer sun. She didn’t know how Gwyar could stand to be wrapped up in all that material, she would suffocate! His problem, not hers. His work probably required him to don the uniform, how unfortunate. She was forever grateful she was rid of her uniform . . . most of the time. Official military business, which was far and few between now a days, did required a certain look.

“You too, Officer,” she greets, shooting Gwyar a most excellent finger gun before turning to fire up the engines of their boat, equipped to be a standard, multi-purpose patrol craft. It was certainly powerful enough to outrun most other craft its size with two powerful engines and a lighter weight.

Eva points towards the bow, “Life jackets up front if you want one,” technically they should probably wear them but . . . Eva’s feeling rebellious.

Blade pushes them away from the dock and Eva spins the boats around to head out towards sea. She cues up the navigation screen to call up the last known coordinates, “Hold on to your hat!” she warns before punching it once they can. The boat jumps forward at a high pitch before evening out as is speeds towards the open ocean.

wearing
SEARCH & RESCUE

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,234 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
MAYDAY [VALOR]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2022 19:50:09 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

MAYDAY

Oh dear. Hello again.

His smile quirked with amusement as she held him at fingergun-point, nodding Blade's way politely as he stepped onto the patrol craft and dragged his gaze over to the bow.

"Houh. I take it you've gained the ability to breathe underwater since we last saw each other, Doctor?" He said casually, pointedly, as he grabbed one- much too small for him really, looking it up and down critically. Had she brought any water-types with her? She could only see blade...

'Realizing' it wasn't his size, he discarded the Eva-sized vest over his shoulder, it landing squarely at Blade's feet before the blonde went back to rummaging for one more his size.

He had only just found the single one that was about right for him when the boat lurched, pushed away from the pier by Eva's Gallade. He began strapping the thing- just as Eva gave the warning.

"Pardon-?" And off they went, the speedy vehicle dashing across the sea's surface with impressive swiftness, his hand immediately clamping around the nearest railing as his hat went off flying into the distance.

"... Ah, bollocks." The man huffed, staring off after his hat as it swiftly disappeared into the horizon. A sighed wryly. "Well, it didn't look good on me anyway."

But it had been doing a wonderful job keeping his hair out of his eyes, he realize as the sea-scented breeze blew his bangs on his face.

Annoyed, he combed the hair out of the way.

"How far away are we from the coordinates?" He shouted at Eva on the wheel over the rushing winds.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
MAYDAY [VALOR]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 6:29:56 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 How convenient, an Eva-sized life jacket! Blade picks it up after it lands at his feet, eager to get Eva to wear it, but the stubborn scientist shrugs it off, “Too constricting, plus I have you!” she smiles to the Gallade, giving him a hardy pat on the back. He wouldn’t let anything happen to her.

If the wind wasn’t roaring in her ears, Eva would have whole heartedly disagreed – he looked quite dashing in the cap. Too bad it now belongs to the sea.

Eva tilts her sunglasses down to peer at the display beside the wheel of the boat as they bounced up and down across the glassy waters of Pacifidlog, “Ooohhh not too far, like 20 to 30 minutes,” she pushes her glasses back up the bridge of her nose, “Have a seat, relax! We’ll be there before you know it!”

wearing
SEARCH & RESCUE

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,234 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
MAYDAY [VALOR]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 19:16:53 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

MAYDAY

Oh dear. Hello again.

He did as suggested, dropping onto the nearest available surface. The bopping and bouncing of the boat had been threatening to drop him on his ass as it was. Maybe he should have ridden one of his water-types alongside the ship instead.

Now, all that was left was to wait for all 20 to 30 minutes to pass in complete silence.

"So—!" He began with a smile that reached his eyes but not heart, instant regret filling him as soon as the utterance had left his maw, self-chastisement ringing through the back of his mind. "I hear you've been mighty busy, publishing research papers and what not, Head Professor. What brings such a esteemed figure out to the wet, humid sticks?"

The masked his discomfort with practiced ease, willing himself to think of what had changed since they had last met in strictly professional terms.

She had become the highest scientific authority in the region.

He had become a beat cop in the world's sole mafia controlled city, possessing of one of, if not the highest rates of crimes per capita rates in the entire world.

Their career paths had certainly diverged somewhere. But, silver lining; he didn't have to shoulder the expectations of an entire nation; which was nice.

"Tired of your desk?" He asked with a quirked lip, leaning his head onto a fist.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
MAYDAY [VALOR]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 6:43:09 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva’s lips tighten to hide the small smile that builds at the corners. Small talk is cute. They’ve both been mighty busy and haven’t had an opportunity to catch up.

She spares a glance towards Gwyar, letting the full smile shine, “Looks like you’ve been busy too! . . . Officer??” if she had to guess, probably higher than officer. She should be asking a similar question. What the heck was he doing all the way out here in Pacifidlog?!

“Honestly,” she frowns, “Yeah, I have been pretty bored behind my desk,” sure, the discovery of science was exciting, but it was nothing like being out in the field. She missed the thrill. With the meteor looming over them, she barely had any time to do anything else.

It seems thrills were going to find them sooner rather than later.

A small blip appeared suddenly on the boat’s radar. Eva furrows her brow and peers at it over the rim of her glasses. It’s moving fast and it’s moving right towards them.

“Uhhhhh heads up! Right off the bow!” she looks up to see a small black dot on the horizon moving at breakneck speed towards them.

wearing
SEARCH & RESCUE

Slow down the Rockets!

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,234 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
MAYDAY [VALOR]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 13:22:31 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

MAYDAY

Oh dear. Hello again.

"Right you are! Sootopolis Deputy Chief, to be specific." He says, seemingly reading through her thoughts as he spoke next with a sufficiently frustrated eyeroll. "Naturally, whenever I wish for my efforts to actually accomplish something, I take on league assignments outside of the city."

Policing a city ruled by criminals was pretty difficult. It didn't matter how many grunts he threw in a jail cell, for they wouldn't be there for long. Even if they didn't escape before the day of their trial came— rocket owned the city.

Judge, jury, and indeed, executioners too, if Wolf Mask () was anything to go by. It was incredibly frustrating, to the point one could understand why the master of the fire-type pigeon armada preferred vigilantism.

Speaking of frustration with work, it seemed Eva was going through some of her own. It sounded like she wasn't getting much time out in the field... or indeed, away from the labs at all.

"Perhaps you should take more frequent breaks?" The man suggested wryly with a teasing grin. "Precious little will be accomplished past a certain point; daily focus and will are finite resources. Surely you can afford to delegate for a few hours to go clear your head with some field work?"

Or she could race downhill while drifting through a 90 degree turn like a mad woman— she had a lot of peculiar skills if memory served right.

Unfortunately, their small talk was cut short by the boat's radar. Something was coming.

"Speaking of which." He said as he palmed a pokeball, turning towards the bow and squinting at the distance. Was that...? Yup, yup it was! "Would you look at that, our field work is coming to us! We should make the most of it, yes?"

His pokeball was thrown into the water a moment later, immediately being swallowed by the waves. A moment later, a large mass began to rise as an underwater roar shook the boat, before the surface finally broke with a massive splash.

Blotches of water fell on on deck as a towering sea serpent rose in the air, its head reeling back as it breathed in.

Its roar sent a veritable shockwave through the water, forcefully calming around the sea around them before it launched forth to intercept the oncoming dot in the horizon, the water around the beast encasing it in a shell of surging waves.

"Don't go too wild, Jorgie!" The man called out cheerfully as the Gyarados rampaged towards the rockets.

tl;dr:
-small talk!
-Gyarados is out! intimidate triggers!
-Gyarados is using waterfall!

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
MAYDAY [VALOR]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 4:31:48 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Deputy chief?” she repeats, nodding along in approval. How impressive! In Slateport no less! She’d never be able to visit. Rocket would have her head. It would be too easy.

Gywar suggests more frequent breaks, as if she hadn’t considered that. Unfortunately, her conscious was too tied to the fate of the region to be able to actually enjoy any sort of break. She felt guilty taking time to herself when there’s so much to be done.

There’s little time to respond before she’s peering across bow at the oncoming vessel, “Yes, how convenient!” Eva’s frown turns up into a welcomed smile. Easy peasy.

“Go, Squishy!” she tosses a pokeball out after Gwyar’s. The Gyarados is quite the sight, and on the other side of the boat, the pokeball releases in mid-air. The flash expands into a massive creature which falls into the water with a huge splash. The wave rocks to boat starboard and Eva is forced to wildly correct it, jostling the passengers quite a bit. The Wailord sings a deep song, propelling itself forward at nowhere near the speed of the Gyarados.

As the vessels gets closer, it easy to see two Rockets standing at the bow and one at the helm. Two adults and a child huddle together beneath the oppressive watch of their captors.

“Careful!” Eva warns, “We can’t hurt the family!” unfortunately, crushing the boat wouldn’t be part of the plan, “Trap em!” Squishy obeys, swirling his large tails to create a barrier of strong WHIRLPOOLS that traps the boat, forcing them to slow down and try to navigate the currents. Should be easy pickings for the much faster Gyarados.

wearing
SEARCH & RESCUE

Rescue the family!

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,234 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
MAYDAY [VALOR]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 12:50:07 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

MAYDAY

Oh dear. Hello again.

"It's a lot easier when the competition is so sparse." He had clarified sheepishly.

If Eva knew what was left of the precinct's staff, she might've impressed with the fact he still chose to remain in Sootopolis instead.

Or question his intelligence, either or.

Back to the action however, 'Squishy' turned out to be Wailord, the titanic sized pokemon, whose prompt landing nearly capsized their ship and threw Gwyar overboard.

"BLOODY H—!" Shouted Gwyar as the ship swung about while Eva worked to course correct, his back swinging against the railing and nearly throwing him to high seas, the back of his knees locking tight around the bar. "This is why we wear life vests!"

While still hanging off the side of the ship, Gwyar still managed to get a good enough look at the oncoming vessel. 2 rockets, 3 civilians.

"Confirmed!" Gwyar shouted in response to Eva's instructions. "Jorgie, Finish the entrapment! Dragon dance!"

With the Rockets busy navigating the Wailord's whirpools, their large boat made easy pickings. The Gyarados disappeared underneath the waves briefly before its body suddenly breached the surface directly under the civilian vessel.

Its large body flowed across the deck as it wrapped around the ship like a rope, the ridges across its back knocking one of the rockets to the floor as the other shouted in panic, flailing for his pokeballs.

Things did not go well for the rockets; specially once the officers and Blade boarded the ship.

Suffice to say, the family of 3 made it back to port safely, and the rockets were successfully apprehended.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,933 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
MAYDAY [VALOR]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 6:36:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: