March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
An Entrance to Death [M]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2022 5:35:45 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Ever since her return from the Braviary's Nest, the words of the spirit of the ancient bird trainer had burned in Shalin's mind:

"SPECTACLE ROCK IN SOOTOPOLIS IS AN ENTRANCE TO DEATH."

What in the world did that mean, and why were old men, living or not, so damn cryptic in their sayings? It wasn't like she could turn back; she had already acquired the Gale Medallion, and she couldn't have done it without 's help. She had to see this through to its natural end, whatever that may be, to pay back the debt she owed the Fortree Gym Leader.

Flit, the explorer's Yanmega, landed on a sandbar near Sootopolis Volcano. As much as she would have preferred to survey the island from the agile bug's saddle, that was impossible. Ever since Team Rocket took over the island, it was under some amount of surveillance, and a mount as noisy as a Yanmega wasn't going unnoticed. Her green, fine hair was distinct, and she was well-known enough thanks to Nariya Expeditions that capture-on-sight was a real risk. She would have to improvise.

The girl withdrew her big bug and send out her two water Pokémon, Artea and Levy. The Dewgong clapped her fins together after splashing down in the shallows. "I know you're excited, Artea, but this is...serious." Shalin sat in the saddle behind Levy's neck and pulled out her phone as the Milotic simply tread water, trying to get an idea where this Spectacle Rock was by satellite footage alone. She zoomed in, squinting and holding the device close to her eyes, trying to get the slightest clue where the place was without having to put herself at risk of capture longer than was necessary.

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Shalin        Human          ♥♥♥♥
Flit          Yanmega        Good
Queen Zing    Beedrill       Good
Levy          Milotic        Good
Kiara         Pyroar         Good
Artea         Dewgong        Good
Treble        Kommo-o        Good

{WC: 289}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
An Entrance to Death [M]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2022 3:39:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Something that Sasha hadn't expected to be doing as of recent was somehow ending up around a strange area, the Sootopolis City's large volcanic area where the city supposedly lay somewhere embedded deep within, hidden away. Curiosity had gotten the best of him and he found himself coming to browse the area just for the sake of seeing it. Even if he didn't find the city itself, he figured it wouldn't hurt to sight see.

Though one big thing was the fact that from what little he'd picked up about the zone, it was still under control by Team Rocket to a degree. He figured it wouldn't be horrible though to check the place out more as a tourist, as that seemed to be perfectly capable and he wasn't anyone with a massive amount of public knowledge about him in Hoenn. He'd never exactly found much recognition in the region thankfully so it wasn't as if he was in some dangerous situation.

However, he walked the shore of the beach and simply glanced about curiously until noticing something interesting. A ways off, someone had landed down and he found himself slowly making his way over as he watched the person releasing a couple Pokemon to slide off into the water a ways out. Standing there when he'd made it somewhere to be within visual range, he glanced out at the person riding their Pokemon curiously. Offering a small, friendly wave their way.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
An Entrance to Death [M]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2022 6:12:59 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The big reason Shalin had sent out not one, but two Pokémon, is she was also waiting for her partner for the dive to show up. The waters around Sootopolis were deep and unpredictable. She was so engrossed in trying to get to the bottom of Spectacle Rock's location that she almost missed the young man waving at her. "Oh, there you are," Shalin tilted her head to greet Sasha, the explorer's green, fine hair easily blown about by the sea breeze.

"Great to see you in person! Name's Shalin," the lithe female introduced herself, leaving her tacky title off because she had shared that when they had discussed the trip previously. "You came prepared for an underwater journey, right?" she asked, wanting to make sure; otherwise, things might get a bit awkward; Levy would need to carry the two of them, and maintaining a bubble of pressurized air for them both would be quite strenuous for the Milotic. Plus he was a little smaller than the average Milotic, making carrying two people more difficult than with most of his kind.

After finding a seafloor map, it did not take Shalin long to figure out the mystery. "Bingo." Shalin switched back to her satellite map, made a copy of the image, and highlighted the part corresponding to where this Spectacle Rock in Sootopolis was located. "No wonder it took me so long to find it." She showed Sasha the image, including where they would be headed.

While Spectacle Rock was located inside the volcanic ring, meaning it was in Team Rocket-controlled waters, it was not far from the border. "It's cause you can't see it unless you're underwater. We'll need to take a couple of water Pokémon underwater to get there without being noticed." She covered her mouth in embarrassment. "Oh! I forgot your name - I'm so sorry! Can you tell me again, please?"

{WC: 316}
{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
An Entrance to Death [M]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 16:01:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

What he wasn't expecting was for the stranger to approach, admittedly more used to a casual wave and then heading off after a friendly exchange from afar. Though the one thing that really got him confused was she seemed to think he was someone else entirely? To a point he ended up simply forgetting to introduce himself when she mentioned her name, Shalin. "Uhm... Nice to meet you?" A bit of confusion in his voice.

Then the woman was pretty quick to move on as she went on about something and had eventually even pulled out a map. Showing him something, he blinked and just nodded for a moment. He didn't really know what was going on here, only really catching into the idea that apparently this woman was after a specific location for some odd reason and it was underwater.

Though when finally she did break he had a chance to gather himself. "Uhm... Sasha. And well, I think you have the wrong guy..." He pointed out. "I'm actually new to this region, I only moved here quite recently and have since been touring the areas just to get familiar is all, so... I admittedly have no clue what is going on here." Was his admittance to the situation at hand.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
An Entrance to Death [M]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2022 7:47:59 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin kept her face covered. Was it possible she had the wrong Sasha? "Nariya Expeditions doesn't sound familiar?" The explorer was starting to get confused. If this wasn't the same Sasha that contracted her, then who was this one? Wait a minute, she was touring the area? Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

"Touring the areas, you say?" Shalin asked. "Well do I have a destination for you - Spectacle Rock under Sootopolis! Hoenn's undersea wonders are almost as vast and numerous as the ones above ground, and both of my Pokémon are great at it!" Artea clapped her fins in excitement of having a partner to make the dive with. "Maybe it was fate that brought us together. I was supposed to meet another person named Sasha here, but they should have been here over an hour ago, and I've not received a word of communication from them. Feel up to a dive to see Hoenn's hidden, undersea secrets?" she asked. If the young man agreed to accompany her, she would offer him a spot on her Milotic. "We won't have to worry about breathing underwater with Levy's help! He's my Milotic."

{WC: 195}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
An Entrance to Death [M]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2022 20:35:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"No, they do not, I'm sorry..." He said apologetically, but still a bit confused when it came to the woman and her whole mission thing she had been discussing. She then would go on to discuss about a specific touring spot, though Sasha didn't exactly figure it was all that much worth too huge of a cover up by now. The woman had already done and dumped some rather important info clearly and seemed to be wanting to recruit him to whatever was going on here.

"Err, I don't know what exactly it is you're doing. But if it's something that isn't... Too confidential and secretive, I'm at least open to helping you with what you need. As long as there's no intent to hurt someone else for an unjustified reason, that is..." He remarked. Admittedly he wasn't really going to ignore the obvious here, he'd caught on to exactly what was going on here, in that the woman was doing something important.

Though one small thing was up. "I don't have many Pokemon though, just in case that really has anything important to do with it. Just a couple old team members and a new one. So I'm not sure how much help I'll be exactly, but..." Giving a small shrug, it was about all he could do to make an offer to do what he could as long as there wasn't any seriously malicious intent toward innocent people happening.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
An Entrance to Death [M]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 4:18:02 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Oh, never!" Shalin smiled. The only reason she would hurt another person on the trip would be in self-defense. It could well happen, given they would he heading to the belly of Team Rocket's stronghold, even if only briefly. When Sasha expressed concerns about not having many Pokémon not the skills to help out, she reassured him, "That's okay! Just a second set of eyes will be extremely helpful. Hop right on my Milotic - she'll keep us safe down there!" Both Pokémon splashed in the shallows, Levy exposing her breathtaking, rainbow-colored tail for Sasha to see.

Provided he would agree to help out, the two would take off for the seas below, the Milotic surrounding his front half with a bubble of air so the two could breathe while under hundreds of feet of water. Seeing aquatic Pokémon in their natural habitat was breathtaking, along with coral and various plant life that made its home underneath the waves that normally kept it all from human eyesight. Even rare aquatic Pokémon, such as Relicanth, swam below them in the trenches leading to the Seafloor Cavern. That was a place Shalin would have to explore sometime.

But not now. Shalin had to confirm the location of the "Entrance to Death" that was spoken of inside the Braviary's Nest. She reined the Milotic back when she caught sight of two submarines patrolling the underwater entrance to Sootopolis City, the distinct color of the volcanic island's white crags reaching even underwater. She studied their patrol patterns before making her move, ducking slightly into the trench to evade their sights. It did not take her too much further effort to get inside Sootopolis Lake, where a few banners predominately featuring the black-and-red Rs marked the syndicate's territory. She kept one eye out for more submarines patrolling and another for her destination.

At last, she had found Spectacle Rock in Sootopolis. It was a pair of white spires marking the entrance to an underwater cave. There were no such banners nearby; while she doubted that was the case, she could hope. She guided her Milotic to the cave mouth, navigating its linear twists and turns before surfacing within Mount Sootopolis itself. "This is it." Her heart was racing. If this was spoken of as an "Entrance to Death", it had to be especially dangerous.

Surfacing in an undersea cave, the two had reached the temple-like Halls of Origin. The damp entrance hall was solid white, just like the rock surrounding the island. Twelve large, stone statues lined the large entryway, in six pairs that faced one another. Each pair was of diametrically opposed legendary Pokémon, such as Lugia and Ho-oh, the great gods of Johto. As Shalin dismounted, she would look around the entrance area, finding the eyes of the statues to somehow follow her. It was as though she was being watched. "Holy..." Shalin gasped, recalling her Milotic if Sasha were to dismount. "This is...to say the least, creepy," she slowly added, her heart rate shooting way up. Northward from the six statues was a stone slab mostly receded into the wall, serving as a door frame.

{WC: 527}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
An Entrance to Death [M]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 5:18:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

He pondered for a bit at this request, but she seemed pretty genuine when saying there was no ill intent to hurt someone without reason, so he eventually found himself persuaded when she mentioned just needing an extra set of eyes. "Okay, I'll tag along, then. Just let me know what to do." He confirmed to her and waited for further instruction.

When given that direction he did as told and moved to hop on to the Milotic and let the serpent guide them through the ocean to wherever it was they were going. Sasha didn't realize the extent of what was going on here, but he could only assume danger could potentially be present and as such he didn't want to end up failing her either necessarily. As long as he had a means to help he'd do so and hopefully could utilize his own Pokemon if it became necessary.

Where they had reached however was a lot more than what he'd expected at first. Wordlessly agreeing with what the woman had to say in the meantime and looking around curiously. It was a rather interesting zone and he simply stood there turning and looking at the walls and structures around them.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
An Entrance to Death [M]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 4:38:44 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The brave girl took deft, deliberate steps through the door frame, two large, stone slabs blocking passage through door frames surrounding them. In the center of the room was a dais with a yellow, jagged shape resembling the Great Creator's power wheel when in its Normal Forme. Populating the dais' edges were eight pedestals reaching to roughly waist height, four of them at the points corresponding to the locations of the green gems on the energy wheel. The other four were in cardinal directions. Both the shuttered doors were etched with an inscription Shalin had to get a little closer to read:

"The Medallions of Eight?" The only medallion Shalin had in her possession was the Gale Medallion. Each of the eight pedestals had a hollows that perfectly matched the size of the medallion, plus a smaller hollows on one side to easily remove the object if need be. She inserted the green, round object into the hollows on the far south end, but nothing happened. "Are you getting the creeps too, Sasha? It's like some nagging feeling wants me to solve this mystery...but I also feel like we aren't meant to be here."

Still, her curiosity and that nagging feeling in her mind drove Shalin to continue. When she removed the Gale Medallion, she noticed something etched into the hollows beneath. It was faint, but it was definitely an inscription of the bust of a Pokémon...and one she didn't recognize, at that. She examined all eight hollows, and each one had a similar inscription, but of a different Pokémon. She recognized only half: Tornadus, Articuno, Rayquaza, and Entei. With bated breath, she pressed the Gale Medallion into the corresponding hollows. The entire pedestal began glowing with a faint, green light, the sound of a swirling wind echoing inside the room despite there being no wind to feel.

An image of the head of the Great Creator appeared on the dais Shalin stood on, superimposed over the yellow power wheel. Words in an ancient script floated in front of the door frames blocking their path, as well as on top of the hollows of each of the seven remaining pedestals. While the dialect was foreign to her, she was able to understand enough of the base language to get the gist of what it was saying. Shalin gestured toward Sasha before reading the message aloud.

"Ye who seek the forbidden secrets of Hoenn past, locked in these Halls of Origin: show thine power, thine wisdom, and thine courage locked behind the Medallions of Eight. Only then will these ancient Halls open to thee." She paused. "That's what it says. Something tells me we might be getting in over our heads."

She began circling the dais to read the smaller messages.

"One atop a remote peak, passed down by avian-blessed warriors..."

"One in the depths of a wetland snake's belly..."

"One buried in an arctic prison..."

"One in an ancient pharaoh's tomb..."

"One in a mystic palace erected in defiance of reality..."

"One beyond the jaws of a dragon of stone..."

"One in the shadow of the grandest tombstone..."

"One in the hottest, fiercest depths of Hoenn's red earth..."

That was a lot of journeying she was going to have to do. She nearly got herself seriously hurt fighting that wild Alpha Mega Pidgeot, a creature that by all rights should never exist, at the peak of the Braviary's Nest. That was what the "remote peak" had to refer to. She also recognized the "jaws of a dragon of stone" from being caught in the Meteor Falls Spacetime DIstortion. But the others...they were a mystery to her. "Any idea what any of these are referring to, Sasha?" Shalin asked. He probably had no clue, but on the off chance he was a geography buff, he might have an idea.

{WC: 643}
{PC: 5}

Shalin        Human          ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
An Entrance to Death [M]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2022 7:13:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

The area was pretty odd, and when asked whether he was getting the creeps he hummed. “Not sure.” He admitted. It was kind of neat, but very strange and quite an interesting zone. Especially with how cryptic it happened to be. Though he was mostly focused on the surroundings, really interested in what was around him to a point he felt it might be interesting to visit this area again sometime.

As they continued to both seemingly observe the place he moved to stand beside the woman as she asked whether he had an idea of the following various references. “Can’t really say I do…” He mused. Though he tried his best to think on it anyway and suggested a few of his best educated guesses, but in the end, he wasn’t entirely certain so couldn’t say for sure what each truly meant.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
An Entrance to Death [M]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2022 23:08:57 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It seemed Sasha was at least as clueless as Shalin was. Given the apparent age of the Halls of Origin, it made sense that the references to the Medallions' locations would be based more off topography of Hoenn's landscape rather than municipal or county lines. "This is going to require a lot of geographical research, some of which may need to be original," she sighed. If the Halls had stayed sealed for so long, the lengths that had to be gone to for opening them made sense to be so great. There was also the growing sense that the explorer's presence was growing increasingly unwelcome. The silence was just too eerie.

After the girl had retrieved the Gale Medallion, she took ample photographs of the largely grayscale environment, including the inscriptions for her future reference. She turned back toward the south entrance, her eyes shifting among the legendary Pokémon statues. "I don't think there's much else that can be done here. Not until I bring all the Medallions back. And if the Braviary's Nest taught me anything, each is going to be dangerous to retrieve in its own unique way." She sighed again in disappointment. "Sasha, it looks like we're going to have to cut this trip short, sadly."

{PC: 6}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Shalin         Human           ♥♥♥♥
Flit           Yanmega         Good
Queen Zing     Beedrill        Good
Levy           Milotic         Good
Kiara          Pyroar          Good
Artea          Dewgong         Good
Treble         Kommo-o         Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
An Entrance to Death [M]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2022 5:57:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: